Mothering Forum banner

temper tantrums

687 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sierramtngirl 
#1 ·
I just thought I'd vent before me and the 2 yr old go to the grocery store. Last time we went we were there about 45 mins the amount of time she was good 10 mins. Basically she threw tantrums the ENTIRE TIME. And as contraindicating as this sounds, she's a good kid. Very polite and quiet. What she does is she will fling her entire body back ( head first) onto the floor, screaming at the top of her lungs. Then you have all the other " perfect people" in the store that stare and give you dirty looks. Lord Give Me Strength!

#4 ·
I feel bad, I caved in and let my mom watch her while I went. I don't want to avoid taking her but we got the stomach flu the day I posted that. So I didn't go for a few days. And since we were both getting over I decided to let mom watch her.

#7 ·
Ok ladies. So I'm tagging onto the bottom of this thread bc my newly -turned 2 year old (by 2 days) is going to push me over the edge I'm afraid. In her defense she has been very sick for the past week, but started to feel better when nana and papaw (my parents) arrived 3 days ago. Since they have been here, she has been the whinest, nasty little brat-way worse than I ever could imagined. My parents have handled it well overall, but I know they have hurt feelings bc everytime they try to do something with her she runs over to me and screams "mama do it". Never mind the fact that I was looking forward to doing some freezer cooking and sewing since I'm expecting baby #2 in 8 weeks. She ran away from my dad at the park today (toward the road!). I'm just at a loss---any advice; I'm really about to lose my shit over this one. X-posted in GD as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.