3 months of screaming in the bath :( - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-07-2014, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My now 16 month old DD used to love baths, swimming, and water in general. One day, nothing out of the ordinary, she decided she hates the tub and now cries and screams bloody murder. Every. Single. Time. I check the temp of the water, have tried the sink, bought toys, bathed with her, and try to make it as positive and fun as possible. Nothing works. Is this just a phase? When summer comes I'm going to get a kiddie plastic pool for the yard and I'm hoping she'll like that as she's outside. Any other thoughts or advice before then? I dread bathing her and feel so guilty
#2 of 3 Old 04-07-2014, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's probably just a phase. My 22 month old just decided last week that she likes baths again. Her brother was taking a bath and she decided it was time to climb in and that was that. Thank goodness because it was probably Thanksgiving when she had her last real bath! For the past few months we bathed her as infrequently as possible any when we did we made it quick. We also did lots of sponge type baths. Good luck and I hope the phase doesn't last too long.

Mama to DD1 2007, DS 2009, DD2 2012, What a Journey this parenting thing is...

#3 of 3 Old 04-07-2014, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I agree, likely just a phase. My DD did that around 18 months old. We ended up doing lots of sponge-type baths in the bathroom sink, also bringing her in the shower with me. The shower thing seemed to work the best, especially when I needed to wash her hair. I would make a big game of her "washing" my hair and I'd giggle like mad and make silly faces when I was rinsing my head under the spray. Then I would giggle and make silly faces while we rinsed her hair too. It helped and eventually she just seemed to get over it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page