2Likes
  • 1 Post By Naturemama23
  • 1 Post By Naturemama23

#1 of 10 Old 06-03-2014, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Stomach flu? other? help!

Hi, my relatively healthy 14 month old DD has been feeling fine, but just last night, while I was nursing her in our rocking chair before bed, she suddenly started complaining of a tummy ache. thinking it was just gas, I rubbed her back and took away my breast, but after about 5 mins of that she said she felt worse (owwie more, mama!!) and then threw up on my lap! it came on so suddenly I didn't know what to think- no one in our house has been sick, aside from my cold, which had no nausea whatsoever, and the only vomiting I've had going on was morning sickness! what could this be? please help!

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (20 months), 8 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#2 of 10 Old 06-03-2014, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
There are viruses that cause stomach yuckiness that are easily transmitted between kids, norovirus, rotovirus, etc. My son caught one from some playmates. He just had diarrhea but one of the other babies had vomitting too. He didn't have much of an appetite when he was not feeling well. We didn't feel ill, just our son. Is your daughter feeling better after that one incident?

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 10 Old 06-03-2014, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

No! right now she's napping on the couch (it's 6:45 pm) and it'll soon be her bedtime! she still isn't well, and the diarrhea started this morning! how did it set on so suddenly?!?

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (20 months), 8 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#4 of 10 Old 06-03-2014, 03:37 PM

Stomach flu viruses are fast and powerful I find. I had one myself a few weeks ago. I would just keep nursing her as much as you can to keep her hydrated and get some nutrition in her. The good things about babies is that they get better fast too. I hope she is feeling better soon!

#5 of 10 Old 06-04-2014, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
s stomach bugs are the worst. My DD had one at Christmas. I just let her nurse and drink as much as she wanted and then by day three she was much better.
#6 of 10 Old 06-04-2014, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I hope that she is feeling better. Maintain hydration, be creative, whatever it takes. Breastmilk is wonderful. As per contracting it, gastro illnesses are usually contracted via fecal/oral transmission, so fecal matter. She must have received a large dose of microbes.
Breastfeeding and lots of hand washing are good preventives......
I hope she is better soon.
#7 of 10 Old 06-06-2014, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

OMG, yay! She's all better today, except for a little stuffy/runny nose, and I'm fine! Yessss!!
pokeyac likes this.
#8 of 10 Old 06-09-2014, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Wonderful news!
#9 of 10 Old 06-09-2014, 01:11 PM

Now my son has been sick. He was throwing up on Saturday and had diarrhea yesterday and today. He was in a fine mood except for not wanting to eat. I had this myself about a month ago and I felt pretty crappy. The nanny was sick over the weekend too.

#10 of 10 Old 06-18-2014, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyac View Post
Now my son has been sick. He was throwing up on Saturday and had diarrhea yesterday and today. He was in a fine mood except for not wanting to eat. I had this myself about a month ago and I felt pretty crappy. The nanny was sick over the weekend too.
oh, no!
pokeyac likes this.

Tags
owwie , sickness , vomiting , worry

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page