Would a creative wall solution help children sleep in their own bedrooms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 06-29-2014, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Would a creative wall solution help children sleep in their own bedrooms?

I'm studying interior design and am working on my term paper. When I talked to one of my friends, I found a design problem I thought would be interesting to tackle, creating a design solution to help children stay in their own bedrooms at night. I'm collecting research for my thesis paper. If you'd like to add to my research, please fill out the quick survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KKGDHPX Please feel free to share this survey. The more responses I can get, the better!

Thank you!

The introduction to paper is as follows to give you an idea:

Is it possible for children to sleep alone at night without having to retreat to their parents’ or sibling’s bedroom to sleep? Children often wonder, are monsters under their bed? Is there something terrifying that is going to come out of their closet? When they become scared, they often wander into their parents or sibling’s room to sleep there where they feel safe and protected. However, this is disruptive to the family’s sleep cycle. Would it not be wonderful if an environment could be created where children feel safe, greatly reducing the children’s anxiety linked to being alone and afraid, especially at night, where there is no disruption to the family’s sleep cycle? Creative wall solutions such as a demountable wall made with transparent glass with privacy screens, barn doors, and wall-to-wall movable wall systems between residential bedroom spaces, could help parents and children deal with nighttime anxieties, in turn providing everyone with their own space and much needed rest.

Tags
anxiety , Bedtime , nighttime , Sleep , Toddler

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page