make time for toddler - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-15-2014, 02:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
make time for toddler

hi, i need some suggestions.

dd2 is really acting up at the moment, whining, hitting, screaming - the works.

i totally get it. new baby brother takes all of mommys time, because we have breastfeeding problems, he is not gaining very well.

but, i am extremely busy. i try, but i cannot really make one-on-one time happen. but i need to.

i need suggestions, please. esp moms-of-many?

thanks, girls...

Trin with DH , DD(7)  and DS(5) ,  DD(2) ,
I am not regularly online at the moment due to the above ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-16-2014, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
The book, the "Kazdin Method" will help you make the most of what time you have for your DD to get your DD past the acting up.

If she does anything helpful with or kind to the baby, give her lots of positive feedback. Prompt her to do small tasks and show you notice when she helps. She may not be all that helpful, she may even slow you down a bit in getting things done, but it's a way to get her involved in what you have to do and a chance for you give her attention for doing positive things while still attending to the baby. A repeated cycle of reinforced practice of helping out in small ways or being kind and getting noticed for helping or kindness or getting thanks for helping will lay down a good foundation that you can build on.
#3 of 4 Old 08-18-2014, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Do you baby/toddler wear? If you could nurse the baby in a carrier while playing with the older one, or vise versa that might take some pressure off. We have a very high needs, intensive toddler, almost 3, and have held off on a 2nd because she's so intense! She adores babies, can't get enough of other people's kids and is the sweetest most gentle thing on the planet with them...BUT...because she's so intense we're just not ready to add more chaos to the house until maybe she's in school full time and getting more mental stimulation to wear her out!
#4 of 4 Old 08-23-2014, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
The book, the "Kazdin Method"
I actually have this book! but i bought it for the other two (both adhd) - and it never occurred to me to use the system for DD2 as well! she is still so tiny, kind of running under the radar system

Quote:
Do you baby/toddler wear?
I totally do babywear, i am not so good in nursing while carrying, i kind of don't like the feeling (some sensory issues here as well) - but i am going to try again, thanks!

Trin with DH , DD(7)  and DS(5) ,  DD(2) ,
I am not regularly online at the moment due to the above ...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page