Yep, we're still here~Nov/Dec '02 mommas&babies~ - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 647 Old 09-26-2004, 01:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by casina
let me know when there is a process for temporary male sterilization. i'll need it for my boys too.
The problem with the male pill isn't technology-- it's that men are notoriously unreliable. Women don't trust men to be responsible for the birth control unless they *know* that they had a vasectomy. They're working on a shot that would be something like depo provera only it'd be once a month for men, if I recall correctly. They talked all about it in this show, and then they surveyed guys on the street and asked "If you forgot to take your birth control pill, would you tell the truth or would you lie?" The only guys who said they'd tell the truth were the ones who already had kids and didn't want anymore-- and even those indicated that they might have a hard time saying no to sex. :LOL

I'd trust Mike to take it, even if he had to inject himself (they're working on a patch, too, I think that for some reason pills didn't work right) every single day, because he does that anyway and he'd be more than willing to take that burden, and because I know that he doesn't want to have kids right now either. Still, I've met loads of guys who I *know* would lie through their teeth about it. :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#482 of 647 Old 09-26-2004, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
um, reversing vasectomies can be done but a lady i know (having her third at 42 next month, and her girls at 2 and 5, her and her dh were married over twenty years ago and swore they would not have children) tells me that they paid twenty thousand dollars.
Not here in Canada. It's free.
#483 of 647 Old 09-26-2004, 10:05 AM

yeah Canada
#484 of 647 Old 09-26-2004, 10:10 AM

Quote:
i do find that the third and fourth children i know are real charms, incase any of you are thinking that far. it's the adjustment to two that is the trial, though now the children outnumber us. .
We want at least three, and probably more

Quote:

but then, i find the three and four age harder in general so it will be interesting to see what happens. .
i have heard or read this some where and I really hope that this group is still together. I really depend on y'all! I have a feeling I'm gonna need you all to help me stay balanced and sane :LOL

Quote:
i think by five she will just be bossing all the males in the home and be an undisputed know it all. i just love her girlness. i love that she constantly draws on her body. i love that she has colored in the crotches of her favorite toys. i love that she hugs me from behind in a burst of love and yells mamma.

I love the hug from behind too, it makes me melt

Much love to all you mamas today, this group rocks!
#485 of 647 Old 09-27-2004, 03:22 AM

you're right, a pill would not work for many of the male gender. in my mind it would have to be something that happens to be reversed at a later time. too bad there are no natural rituals for this.....aah, the biological force we live with is powerful.

in fact thinking about jaza the other day i thought of something a friend of mine did. she typed up her agreement with her husband concerning her staying home with the babies and had him sign it. she has actually had to bring it out and show it to him to remind him that he agreed to the situation. a think a few or more years ago i would have found this contrived but sometimes i wish i had some documents to show my dh when he forgets. maybe it would be good for me too!

peiodically we get a brochure selling parcels of canadian land that my dh fantasizes about.
#486 of 647 Old 09-27-2004, 08:07 AM

Well, we have some big news in our house...Owen slept in a "big boy" bed last night! He did well...he's still sleeping right now and he only woke up once, at 1am. I nursed him, held him, then put him back in and he cried for a few seconds and went back to sleep. He looks like a peaceful little angel sleeping in there.
#487 of 647 Old 09-27-2004, 12:40 PM

Egads, lots to say, let’s see how much time I have to say it!!!

First, casina- what you said about missing dreams really resonates w/ me. I have tons of short dreams all night long, and have a really hard time remembering pieces or anything in their totality. I really believe dreams are a valuable tool, so it is frustrating that I can not use them right now.

Birth control—it took me 4/5 years to conceive dd, so I’m thinking I am not fertile. :LOL BUT, the last thing I want right now is to become preggers. So I am rethinking my options. I alternate bw condoms and the diaphragm. Condoms- not always reliable and a pain. Diaphragm- a bitch for me to get out bc I have short stubby fingers. So it is a toss up for me. My cycle is pretty regular, so technically I could do the rhytym method, but that freaks me out sometimes. Maybe I need to do more reading on it.

The potty learning is going great here-- dd poops and pees in the potty when she is naked. No problem there. Now we need to go to the next step, and I’m not sure how to do it. I put a pair of jeans on her yesterday and kept reminding her that she didn’t have a diaper on, so she would need to take down her pants to pee. And I’d ask her if she had to pee every once and awhile. Well, I left the room, and she peed on the bed while dh was with her. he had been reminding her too, but I think that she is just used to peeing in her pants, so that will take some getting used to. My mom just bought her some training pants, so I guess we’ll try those today. I’m kind of put off by the concept of them, bc we don’t wear underwear around here. So it’s kind of weird. I guess we’ll just see how it goes.

Not much talking in English around here still. Lots of other kind of talking tho.
The words are coming tho, and it’s exciting to see the process unfold.

Casina- I love to read how you write about the dif bw your dd and boys. Since I only have a dd, I don’t have anything to compare it to. My friend swears that boys are much easier to raise, so I’d like to hear what you think about that.

One more thing then I have to run. I ‘ve been using the diva cup for my moon lately, and absolutely love it. No more tampons to throw away!!! I’d highly recommend it!!

lisa
#488 of 647 Old 09-27-2004, 05:09 PM

I am tired and grumpy.

The nightnursing has intensified. I feel like I'm constantly saying to ds and this past week I find I've been going on automatic. YK just filling time till nap.

:yawning: I should be napping with ds now.
#489 of 647 Old 09-27-2004, 05:21 PM

Lisa...I LOVE my diva cup as well! Highly recommend it. I do like to let people know that there is a learning curve to stumble over at first, but after that, it's super!
#490 of 647 Old 09-27-2004, 05:24 PM

Rose
#491 of 647 Old 09-27-2004, 06:26 PM

thanks brayg tho I feel kind of sheepish complaining.

Ds has been asleep for almost 2.5 hrs!! I'm now wondering if he's getting enough sleep at night due to the constant nightnursing.

I'm all over the map today. I could have slept for 2 hrs!!! In theory anyway.

#492 of 647 Old 09-27-2004, 07:05 PM

2 Rose. BeanBean has also begun nightnursing again, often and hard. In our case, I'm pretty sure that he just wants to know that he's still my baby; BooBah nurses at night, so he wants to do the same thing. He loves his sister and loves watching her nurse, but at night he just wants to make sure that I know he's still my little boy, hardly more than a baby himself. I suppose I should count myself lucky that he only wants to nurse 2 or 3 times a night!

BeanBean is gaining words again at an amazing clip. He wants to do schoolwork with his cousin, and I'm very close to breaking down and finding him some preschool workbooks so that he can do something while she's doing schoolwork. He's just so pleased with everything and he really wants to participate, and I really can't find any more arguments against an activity that will keep him stationery for a while.

My BooBah is growing growing! I love it. I could do without the constant puke (I think she's got GERD ) but other than that, having her around is fabulous.

I'm not getting enough sleep. I don't think it's the nightnursing, though; I think it's because I'm not eating enough and I'm depressed, and that makes me tired all the time. I really need to get my behind in gear. Of course, if I had the energy to do that, I wouldn't be so tired and I'd probably be less depressed.

#493 of 647 Old 09-27-2004, 09:49 PM

eilonwy-
i'm sorry that you've been depressed lately.... does this have to do w/ birthing hormones or ppd? or is it an ongoing cycle that you face? in either case, i'm sorry. s
as for your eating enough- do you take a multi vitamin at least? i know that eating is sometimes hard, esp when taking care of the rest of the family. but for me it is so crucial. i've been taking a mulit vit to make sure i'm getting everything i need, no matter what i eat. but , to be honest, these days i eat plenty. :LOL i still find myself absolutely starving 1 or 2 x a day- esp when i'm doing a lot of night nursing. it is like exercising all night long.
#494 of 647 Old 09-28-2004, 12:39 AM

funny you mention vitamins. yesterday it occurred to me that i hadn't been taking any....too tired to remember? i'm taking rainbow light prenatals. so i took some and had energy rest of the evening.

i've been wanting a moon cup - silicone, not latex. i'm allergic to latex. so is my dh. spermicide irritates both of us as well. after i had reed i took the pill for two days and damen told me he never wanted me to take them again because they made me so crazy.
i wish i had a moon cup right now.
#495 of 647 Old 09-28-2004, 09:08 AM

[QUOTE=casina]funny you mention vitamins. yesterday it occurred to me that i hadn't been taking any....too tired to remember? i'm taking rainbow light prenatals. so i took some and had energy rest of the evening.

QUOTE]

most prenatals or mulit have so much b vits that i can only take them in the morning. b's are kinda like mild stimulants, so keep me from sleeping sometimes.
#496 of 647 Old 09-28-2004, 10:25 AM

i love my diva cup and it is made with silicone, casina.

i took the pill for two months after dd and it made me.... well psychotic comes to mind. It was really awful. I have tried to block that time out of my mind. i considered the IUD for awhile, but the thought of something foreign inside of my body really freaked me out. So we settled on NFP and I did that for four cycles, but now we are ttc

Eilonwy I'm sorry you are going through a hard time
and Rose, a for you too mama.

I have a secret : about a week ago we dragged the mattress from dd's never used crib into our room and put it next to our bed. dd played on it for a few days and sometimes had me nurse her in it and now all of the sudden it is her bed and she loves it. Night before last she slept eight hours straight in it!! Last night she got up twice. We are all sleeping so much better, because we all have room to spread out. She sleeps right next to me (our bed is on the floor too) so when she wakes she just climbs on into the big bed, I nurse her and then put her back down in her bed. So far so good. I am amazed. I really thought that we would all sleep together at least a few more years, but this seems to be working out great so
#497 of 647 Old 09-28-2004, 01:11 PM

Punk blessings on ttc

Am I the only one who still hasn't had a pp moon? Apart from our moms of new ones, of course.

Eilonwy, meant to tell you before, love the new do That pic of you and Eli is strong, mama.

Mukti took a 3 hr. nap yesterday and then had a restive night. I'm seriously thinking of nightweaning after we return from our trip. The drawbacks now seem to be outweighing the plusses but I know it's such a mutable, fluid thing that in 2 weeks everything will have shifted again and I probably will have a different take on it. I wish we could put our mattress on the floor but we have serious mold issues here so it's not an option. Glad you're getting some punk
#498 of 647 Old 09-28-2004, 01:56 PM

Not much time here ds is "doing pooter" with me and I am deleting as I go!

He slept 8 hours last night too! Just 2 weeks ago I was struggling with 10-12 wakes a night for 2 or 3 nights in a row and constant nursing. It is so fluid, you are right solticemama.

I'm feeling under the weather today adn am worried I'll be sick. If only there were sick days for SAHMs! I dread the idea of being sick and home with ds alone. Dh cannot be gone from work right now so we'll just have to get through it. I'll have to go get some echinasea, I think I'm out.

No birth control pills here either. I was on them about 3 years before we ever ttc and for a few months after ds. I feel ok on them, but don't like the idea of them much and have a hard time remembering. We just avoid intercourse except at REALLY safe times now. I am looking forward to permanent sterilization after another baby!

Uh, oh. Ds is eating popcorn off the floor!
#499 of 647 Old 09-28-2004, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethkm
Uh, oh. Ds is eating popcorn off the floor!
: :LOL : Come on... I can't be the only one here who encourages my kid to eat off the floor... can I? :LOL It really doesn't bother us. Mike and I were talking about the "rules" we had as kids about when something was safe to eat off the floor. The "five second" rule, the "kiss it to heaven" rule, the "say a quick chant" rule. :LOL :

The depression I'm currently dealing with is situational, and has for the moment abated. I was spending a lot of time and energy worrying about my BooBah. I still worry, but for now we've had some good news and I don't need to worry. Still, I feel like there's a storm coming, or more precisely that we have just entered the eye of the storm..

I've got hurricanes on the brain. Many people don't realize this, but when hurricanes are headed for Florida or Lousiana or even Mexico, they eventually make landfall and head north. Even when the storms miss the big cities down south, they head up to my area of the world and keep pouring. My county was declared a disaster area after Ivan, as was an adjacent county; now we're having heavy rains & more flooding from Jeanne.

#500 of 647 Old 09-28-2004, 03:40 PM

I hope Jeanne doesn't give you and your family too much grief, Rynna.

Congratulations on trying for another baby, punkprincessmama. I know Rachel has been TTC for awhile now, and I hope her day will come soon. We will start in 2005.

Solsticemama, I've been menstruating for a year and a month since Zachary was born!! It must be wonderful for you to be "free"...

I want to try a Diva Cup, or something like it. I'm getting tired of flannel mama cloth. It's very soft, and I sometimes forget I am wearing anything, but still... It'd be nice to have something, um, cleaner. (Sorry if TMI)

DH's party on Saturday went well, it was nice to have all my friends and family in one place to chat with! The cops were called because DH and his dumb friends were shooting off a gun into a dirt mound!!! : I was laying down nursing Zach to sleep while this was going on, but had I known I would have FREAKED out! There were a TON of kids here, and drunk adults, and it was just not a good idea to have a gun out. I heard the loud bangs, but I thought they were shooting off fireworks... I'm getting angry all over again just thinking about it. Anyway, the rest of the party was fun and I'm sad it was over. My social life is non-existent these days (outside of the home of course), and I miss the late nights laughing and talking with friends...

Good luck with your relationship, Jasanna. I really hope it works out for you. It will be great for the girls, and you of course!

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#501 of 647 Old 09-28-2004, 10:02 PM

Rynna- the popcorn was from yesterday! The funny thing is, I almost included that in my post saying, "but I know it's just from yesterday so I'm not stopping him!" I guess if it's in my own house and I know how long it's been there I can tolerate him eating things off the floor. They're gonna do it anyway if you ask me!

Sounds like a wild, fun party Leah. My dh is 30 next summer and I'll be having a big bash for him too.
#502 of 647 Old 09-29-2004, 01:13 AM

hey all! gosh it seems like forever since i posted on here..i have been busy busy..and elwynn too we have a friend here and he is helping us get all of the painting done..tomorow will be the last day. i hope!! we have also been going on lots of walks and hikes and bike rides(picnic included). and it is SO nice to have someone here with us. it is so hard just cooking for elwynn and i. i end up making not very nutricious meals because a) its a lot of work
and B) its not as nice to eat it all alone and elwynn usually spits most of it out and throws it on the floor and goes looking in the fridge for something else. usually pickels and olives. what a weirdo. and he does dishes! wow. hehe. anyways. ive been keeping up reading posts whenever i can get to the computer. elwynn isnt naping much these days. he is talking a lot. he has a book of animals ..i think with about 20 animals in it and he can say everyone clearly except elepahnt which he says "epitant" his favorite are giraffe "gerrafe" and walrus which he's been saying for months now but it still makes me giggle. he is learning his ABC's and 123's. is maybe getting into that teriible two's . he likes to say "NO WAY!" at just about everything. sometimes i get frustrated but mostly i think its cute, because usually he has a big grin on his face while he says it. i cant believe they are all so close to 2...its sad in a way..but wonderful too! and everyday i know this little being i love him more and more. i never knew i could love anyone as much as i love him thats for sure.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#503 of 647 Old 09-29-2004, 01:16 AM

oh and one of elwynn's favorite things is stashing raisins and crackers and stuff around the house for "later" i dont mind. i know that my house is clean

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#504 of 647 Old 09-29-2004, 01:57 AM

rose, what i need the most is not the total amount of sleep but a longer span of it, 3-5 hours depending. which is why i am sleeping in mornings. otherwise i should give up evenings because their longest period of sleep is right when they go to bed. there were times i would take a nap when my dh got home (or lately, involuntarily pass out). the nap is easier for me to find if dh takes them for an outing just so i can get settled, and having an agreement that he will put the baby next to me to nurse as soon as he sees signs. the only "help" i could really handle was going to a friend's home or my mom or mil, and laying down there as they played. if there's even a possibility that this seems like a good idea to you and you have an opportunity, then you should take it. i don't ever recall you using the word grumpy before.

i am notorious for my original sleep habits. anyone who knows me well has teased me about how sleep forever, supposedly i really need ten hours, and i am terrible at waking and extremely slow to warm up. so sleep has been a very dear issue to me as a mamma. i know when really deprived i was jealous whenever i saw dh sleeping and would fantasize about sleeping most of the time awake. of course this did not help me but clarify the issue that i needed it and wasn't getting it.

there are two general things i've changed about sleep. one is what people call surrendering. but no, i cannot call it giving up my person to have a child dictate my sleep, though it can seem that way. really it is making the choice that continuing what i'm doing is okay. deciding that today, i will continue to nurse my child and cosleep and whatever happens happens.
the other thing that has changed is my sensitivity and my physical parameters. there are external things i've changed, like having a fan for white noise. sometimes i've put a pillow between me and the baby, or put the baby on the other side of dh. then there's the whole extra bed thing. i've tried it many times. i feel better going the opposite direction - making it so that closeness is easier. like sleeping with my shirt off. giving up pillows and positioning. having a beer every now and then and being foggier. with this i have to trust that my baby will be fine with whatever happens, and that a possible whimper not instantly heeded is not damaging to either of us. feeling okay with my leg laying on ruby's. being too tired to care that my arm has a cramp or is tingling from being under clay's head. i noticed that the other night i'm okay with both latched and me marginally moving and kicking my legs to pull their blankets from under them and holding a book. it's definitely taken time and willingness and need to change.

but i've needed to learn to feel comfortable about this type of physicality. i know it started when i met a working lady at le leche that told me her husband would put the pumps on her in the mornings before she got up and it did not wake her. i know i also had to get to where i feel comfortable that my child can come find me. another lady told me her boys could nurse her no matter what, even if she was laying on her belly and her nipple barely poked out the side and she would basically sleep through it. so i've learned there are possibilities with sleeping and of course i have limits but i have definitely pushed them in this instance where we are cosleeping better which i feel fanatical about. but i don't know how to describe how to fall asleep faster after latching, or how to be so asleep that some moving around does not wake me. i think these things happenned because i was too tired or sick or other happenings of a more absolute factor. now my kids can be awake and i'm not. it happenned because i got sick. but they are okay and have each other, but i could have never taught them this or convinced myself to aim for it. so what am i trying to say? i guess for me, at some point i do get so exhausted that i do actually get some sleep. and i know that for myself, that if i am complaining, then, i have the energy to complain and it could be worse (or blissfully confusing). we have tried separate beds enough times that i know i prefer the actual sleep interruption, and my dh is finally okay with it as well. my kids have tended to be out of sync when they slept separately even in the same room. and i would still lose sleep because i was more worried about them. perhaps it is because i do not fawn over them during the day or cannot give as much physical love awake as they need. anyway, this is my experience. try what you feel and see what feels right.

i know to feel okay about how things are, whatever they are, is to remind myself that i make and have the freedom of choices for the now. and a choice to change nothing and see what happens later is still a choice. for me to feel peaceful in general, it is about trying and doing. the thinking and planning can agonize me. sooooo, do be do, be do be do.....
#505 of 647 Old 09-29-2004, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

I tend to put myself in a sleep-deprived state. When haeven goes to sleep at night, I slowly creep out of the room and stay up for usually about 3 hours! Like last night, she went to sleep at 9 and I stayed up till 12. I'm a night owl and last night was a full moon to boot. I don't do much during that time but watch t.v. I really hate this habit that I have formed. I used to be totally anti-t.v. Now I watch several hours a day. It's just so mindless. I can sit there and be entertained. I can forget that I have kids, forget that the kitchen is messy. Just veg. Well, I won't be able to do that once I move back in with the baby's dad. He lives in the country, and would never pay for cable. The only reason we have cable here is because my brother figured out how to get it for free. But, when I don't have access to cable, we usually rent movies like mad.

Haeven says I love you now. Has been saying it for a couple of weeks. She says it like "I-you", and kisses the air. I admit that she got that from me, because I always do/say it like that.She's such a character. She also has been saying "thank-you" since about when samaya was born. She says it all the time, especially when she gives me something, or whatever. It's so funny. I've never forced her to say thank-you, but she has learned it from experience.
#506 of 647 Old 09-29-2004, 02:20 PM

Thanks Leah--I hope it happens soon too! I have PCOS, so my cycle is usually way off, but I've recently gotten my cycle back on track (controlling my insulin and stuff--I've lost 30 lbs in less than 3 months too ) and should be getting my period any day now. 3rd month in a row!

Owen's doing so well with his bed--I'm so impressed. He's been waking once a night to nurse and then goes back to bed really well. Wow! He just loves it too. I don't look at him the same now--for some reason he just seems like he's a really "big" kid. He talks up a storm, understands everything you tell him (although he doesn't always listen! ) and is just growing up before my eyes. *sigh* bittersweet stuff going on here.
#507 of 647 Old 09-29-2004, 02:47 PM

http://groups.msn.com/woolpants/shoebox.msnw?Page=1
the last three pix are from this past weekend...

my p's came to visit, and brought this new slide thing and a baby stroller they got at a garage sale. dd loves to push her babies around in teh stroller, and take them down the slide
#508 of 647 Old 09-29-2004, 04:37 PM

Sweet pics, Mona. Ds also has a little baby stroller that he pushes his bear, doll and monkey around in. This morning we took a stroll with mama pulling his little wooden ducky and Mukti pushing an empty glass bottle in his stroller :LOL He also has a sling but the stroller seems to get more use

Thanks for taking the time to organize your thoughts Casina. Last night was marginally better so I'm feeling a little more spacious today. Still, I've decided I've got to make a few changes. I don't know what they will be, nightweaning or having dh take more time with ds, or hooking up with a mom's group. I dunno but I feel the need to shift things slightly.

We're off for a couple of weeks and I won't have internet access so for now mamas . Have a great couple weeks. I'll be thinking 'bout y'all.
#509 of 647 Old 09-29-2004, 08:08 PM

We'll miss ya, Rose!
#510 of 647 Old 09-29-2004, 11:08 PM

I am getting more sleep with David than I did with Christopher. Christopher slept in the Arm's Reach Co-sleeper. David is co-sleeping with us in our bed. It makes nursing much easier. On a good night he will sleep for 4 hour intervals and on a bad night he wakes up every 2 hours. He also doesn't have his days and nights mixed up like Christopher did.

Someone asked about a birth story. It is rather short but sweet. The doctor had me induced at 41 weeks and 1 day. I was worried about the use of pitocin but they didn't use any. They induced me at 8:30am with prostaglandin gel. That got my contractions going strong. According to my nurse, I was contracting every 15 minutes before they induced me. I probally would of gone into labor that day. The first three contractions after they put the gel in were tough on David. He had decelerations every time I contracted. They were talking about putting me on some kind of drug to stop the contractions but they noticed that after the first three contractions he was fine. No more decelerations. Once that cleared up, I was free to walk the halls. I had to come back every 15 minutes to be monitored and then I could walk again. I walked the halls for a total of 2 hours. Then I decided to get into the jacuzzi tub. That was wonderful but the nurse would only let me stay in there for a half hour. After that I ended up in the rocking chair. They decided to check me and found that I had progressed to 4 cm so they broke my waters. That's when labor really cranked up. By then I was back in bed on the monitors again. With my husband's continued support I kept on breathing through my contractions. After a while they checked me again and found I was at 6 cm. By then I was getting to the point where the pain was beginning to be a bit much so I asked for some Nubain. The Nubain relaxed me to the point that I progressed from 6 cm to 8 cm in 45 minutes. I found out I was 8 cm because they checked me because I was asking for an epidural. I was at the point where I was losing concentration while trying to breathe through the contractions. The doctor mentioned that I was 8 cm and wanted to know if I really wanted an epidural. She could tell I wanted some relief so she talked to the anesthesiologist and he did what he called a "One Shot Wonder". I think it was a walking epidural since there was no need for a catheter. He just injected the drugs into the epidural sac and didn't insert the catheter. While this was going on, I had a huge contraction in which I became complete. Now that I look back on this maybe I should of just sat up and I would of been fine without the "One Shot Wonder". Anyways they got me back onto my back and were talking when I mentioned that my body was pushing but I wasn't. That's when they discovered I was complete. The set everything up and I pushed David out in a total of 9 pushes. I think it took 20 minutes to push him out. Once they head was out they told me not to push since they had to suction him because there was meconium in the water. The doctor caught him, briefly set him on my belly, and then passed him onto the nurses and neonatologist. His apgars were 9 and 9. He was perfect!

Here are some more pictures of him in the truck that he gave to Christopher at the hospital.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/amaden...8Mc0BB15uhRWjJ

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page