Yep, we're still here~Nov/Dec '02 mommas&babies~ - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#541 of 647 Old 10-09-2004, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberSun
I was prescribed bed rest for 7 weeks and we didn't even have any kids at the time, but I still had to do the shopping, cooking, and most of the cleaning because DH is a lazy b@stard... He was basically telling me to have the baby early, even if he's a premie in the NICU, so he could get back to his usual routine!!! : And when I have my three-day marathon migraine attacks and I'm asking for a little quiet time to get some sleep DH tells me "You're not sick, you just have a headache!" Grrrr!!! So, I know how you feel. Of course when the men are sick, they're laying around moaning like they're on their death bed because they're so miserable and everything must be done for them... Ugh.
Oooooooh, this makes me mad just reading about it! I'd have kicked him into next week! I was on bedrest with BeanBean for a while, and he and my best friend were barely willing to let me use the bathroom, to say nothing of grocery shopping and such.

I suppose I should count myself lucky that Mike's actually had a few migranes in his life. He knows how much they suck and he tries really hard to keep BeanBean quiet when I have them.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#542 of 647 Old 10-09-2004, 04:31 PM

migranes....they are new to me in the last five years. before then i had no idea that a headache could make you vomit and want to die. So when my dh doesn't quite understand it makes it a bit more bearable for me.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#543 of 647 Old 10-09-2004, 04:42 PM

Hi Kristin! Nice to "see" you again! Thanks for the compliment about my website.
#544 of 647 Old 10-09-2004, 05:00 PM

Hey Rachel, how come your name is in a different color?? what did i miss??
#545 of 647 Old 10-09-2004, 05:02 PM

[QUOTE=eilonwy] Oooooooh, this makes me mad just reading about it! I'd have kicked him into next week! [QUOTE]

me too! I was on bedrest for one week near the end of my pregnancy with Mariah. My mom came and got me each morning when dh left (we only had one car) and I spent the day on her couch. She didn't want me to get up to pee either :LOL She made me wear house shoes to walk to the bathroom because she was afraid that the vibrations from my foot hitting the floor would somehow cause me to go into labor :LOL

wow, that made me smile to remember that things have been rocky between us since dd's birth....
#546 of 647 Old 10-09-2004, 05:03 PM

I dunno...I must be special? I'll have to find out...don't wanna become a social pariah or anything! :LOL
#547 of 647 Old 10-10-2004, 12:55 AM

thanks for the love and support mammas. it means so much to me. i'm better now, emotionally. of course it took me going a little insane and having it out with my dh today. i've been crying the past few days just convinced that he did not love me. it seems even a little ridiculous stating that. and i tortured myself with comparing how i took care of him when he was in bed for a year and what i should or could have done. and when i went to see the doctor i just kept thinking, i've been much worse off, this is so silly. just feeling a little smirk of satisfaction when the nurse shook her head at my 102.7 fever, like i need to be ill to shout that i exist? and two friends brought me meals yesterday and the day before and i just thought, i wish i had this so many other times and cried that they were so generous.

i'm just ill, and i've been depressed obviously for all this time. and any medicine makes me weird. and i'm such a feisty person i can't just lay down and take it, i still try to be all powerful and do too much. hopefully i can learn something from this????? when i feel a little better, of course..... i've also found out that i do not want to be alone even if it means a break from all three kids. it confuses me and i want all the physical love i can get. i'm still convinced that i should advise ruby that the right partner for her will be the one that can intuitively take care of her the way she wants when she is ill.

i guess this is just another chapter in the life of a smart, beautiful, charming mamma's life right? if i were truly mediocre i think i could just lay down, too dumb to worry or care. somehow i have to instruct myself to rest. it's weird.
#548 of 647 Old 10-10-2004, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Healing blessings, Casina. Have you tryed taking vitamen A for the fever? It's supposed to break a fever real quick and when Haeven got a fever once, I gave her Cod liver oil (high in Vitamen A) and her fever disappeared that night.
#549 of 647 Old 10-10-2004, 02:34 PM

elwynn and i have been in vancouver for the last 5 days. i got to spend some time with two of my girlfriends, both who are pregnant now! ellen is 5 months along and ellora is 4 and a half. ellen and i spent a lot of time talking and lying on my bed and i got to feel the baby move!! she is one of my cuddly friends.. when we were younger our group of friends would all sleep over and snuggle into the same bed..all 6 of us sometimes. we dont see eachother much anymore..everyone either has babies or is going to school..or working lots.. she and her partner live in olympia washington, but she is training to be a waldorf school art teacher so she is here teaching classes at the highschool in vancouver. its amazing to see my friends transformed! i loved being pregnant and its wonderful sharing my experiences of being a mother with such close friends. i just wish we didnt all live so far away.

elwynn learned how to say "i love mommy" and "i love milkies" while we were away too.. melt my heart!

i went out and saw two bands that i love on friday night. it was the first evening ive been out without elwynn in ages. it was really nice to have a break and really nice to get home and realise how much i missed him!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#550 of 647 Old 10-10-2004, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

So you're back here again, fern? I've been thinking of you this morning. Are you going to come over? We've missed yall
#551 of 647 Old 10-12-2004, 04:35 PM

sending healing vibes your way Casina! It sucks to be sick!

As for migraines I suffered from them from the ages of 10-14. I would get to the point where I would be praying to throw up so the migraine would go away. As soon as I threw up, the migraine would disappear. DH suffers from migraines every now and then and he turns into a bear but I understand why. I try my best to keep the kiddos quiet when he has one.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#552 of 647 Old 10-12-2004, 08:50 PM

Heather, you're so lucky! I always fiht the vomiting because it just makes my head throb and I have to open my eyes to aim... I've never had a migraine go away after I puked.

I'm having the worst time getting copies of my daughter's medical records. : It's a real pain in the neck! I'm going to lose my mind!

My mother found a t-shirt that says "Warning! I am two!" I don't think we need it for BeanBean; he's a sweetie. I saw another one, though, that says "I'm a BOY" that I'd really like to get for him, because I'm so sick of people asking. It's amazing, everyone thinks that BooBah (girl) is a boy and that BeanBean (boy) is a girl... even when I correct them. It's so freaking annoying! :

So... what are we planning for second birthdays? BeanBean's first birthday party was pretty awful for me. It was supposed to be a great day for me, because the day of his actual birth was so horrendous, but noone made it aside from his godparents and I was so freaking depressed. I'm hoping that the rest of the family can make it this year. It's not like I want forty people or anything, just the family and my best friend. : We'll sing happy birthday, he'll tear open a few presents, we'll take pictures and have a cake. Nothing terribly fancy, just a "happy to know you're 2" sort of thing.

#553 of 647 Old 10-13-2004, 03:19 AM

i don't usually do parties for under four, but i may do it since all three would enjoy it. it looks like i will allow a small amount of trick or treating this year as it is. i want clay to get over this tiresome candy fetish.

my mind is clearing it is really weird to not feel defeated to the bone about getting out of bed or getting a glass of water. i went to the bank to cash a check and actually looked at my picture on my driver's license. i've had it for weeks and it was the first time i even looked to see if i was grimacing or not. i can taste the times in my life that i was so bored that i stared and fretted over an identification photo for hours and weeks and so. such a different life i'm in now.

i didn't know that about vitamin a. fevers don't scare me though i welcome the healing usually (and i try to see illness that way too), and they get pretty high for me.
#554 of 647 Old 10-13-2004, 10:35 AM

bday ---> i think we're going to do a party. erin parties. thing is, how do you say "hey come on over, let's do cake and play with playdough and don't bring a gift" without sounding a bit crass for thinking they'd bring a gift in the first place? I should add that we're going to invite three couples, all friends from grad school, only one couple has a daughter.

we're making erin a feltboard for her birthday. she's among the oldest of the babies on this thread, I feel like we should have done it already! But that's what we're doing on friday night. That and I am sewing erin's halloween costume. We aren't doing trick or treating, but we are going to a party with the other daycare families. We will likely stop by her godmother's house on the way home.

migranes. yuck yuck yuck. the best way to get rid of them is to return to your pre-parenting state -- i.e. be able to have quiet, plenty of rest and eat whatever you feel like (or don't). obviously that's impossible.

i know many of you probably don't vax. We are a partial vax family, but I am somewhat relieved to hear of the flu shortage. I could go nuts and get erin in pronto for her 2 yr check up, but I'm waiting and thereby thinking they will have run out by the time we get her in. My ped is really cool about it all, but I hate to deal with his nurse.

tv was mentioned a page or so ago ... I just happened upon calliou yesterday morning and I might be hooked. It is on when I am trying hard to get dressed and showered for work and, well, that's darn near impossible with dd. DD isn't fascinated by the show in the way some kids are, but she's distracted enough that I can zip my own fly.

well mamas, this is getting long. hope you all are feeling better soon. I've got to get to the working....

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#555 of 647 Old 10-13-2004, 05:15 PM

Nothing much to say. Same old same old. Zach and I are supposed to go to Mexico this weekend with my mom, but she invited a friend so I'm not sure exactly how it's going to go. I like her friend enough, but it's always different when there's somebody "new" YK? Anywayzzz... Gotta get back to the housework.

Glad you're feeling a little better, casina.

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#556 of 647 Old 10-15-2004, 10:14 AM

Good Morning Mamas I hope that everyone is feeling at least a little better these days

We are going to go to the zoo with dd for her birthday, which is what we did last year too. We go quite often actually and she really enjoys it. We are going to invite some of our closest family members to come with us, so it should be a pretty special day for her

As for Halloween I don't think we are going to do anything at all, but we haven't really decided. Trick or Treating is out of the question really as we try to keep her exposure to sweets to a minimum at this point...

Has anyone heard from Xmas Eve?? i've been thinking about her lately.

So I have some exciting news that I am really trying to keep to myself but I just have to share with you mamas....
I'm pregnant!! I just got the yesterday so we really want to enjoy this ourselves for a few weeks before telling our families, people IRL, etc.

My baby is going to be a big sister!!!!!
#557 of 647 Old 10-15-2004, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkprincessmama
I'm pregnant!!
OMG OMG OMG OMG

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! (can you tell I'm excited for ya...you got knocked up!!! : )
#558 of 647 Old 10-15-2004, 11:14 AM

Congrats, Punk! I'm so excited for you!

I hate to admit it, but part of me is jealous! Can you believe, my daughter is 3 months old and I'm already thinking about the next baby? We can't ttc for a while (money problems & loss of milk) but it's already heavy on my mind. Mike thinks I'm nuts-- having two kids is hard work, and he doesn't want to think about the next baby for two or three years.

#559 of 647 Old 10-15-2004, 03:57 PM

WOOT on the preggers punkprincessmama!!

xmas eve has been busy on the political threads. the countdown is truly here...

#560 of 647 Old 10-15-2004, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Yay, punk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if you'll have a grrl or a boy?
#561 of 647 Old 10-15-2004, 07:55 PM

Thanks for all the congratulations mamas y'all are the best

Brayg, your turn next

Mamajaza, I'm wondering too. But we won't know until the big day!!
#562 of 647 Old 10-16-2004, 04:34 PM

Thanks for the dust!
#563 of 647 Old 10-16-2004, 04:38 PM

mamas. We're back from our trip, tired from the plane travel (mamas if you're trip is more than 3 hrs. get a seat for your dc!) but filled up with the spaciousness and sense of possiblity that often comes with changing the daily rhythms and stepping out of the comfort zone a bit. It was a good and healing time for our family mandala and I'm feeling grateful for that.

I'll post more later but I just wanted to pop in and say hi.

blessings, punk on your pregnancy
#564 of 647 Old 10-16-2004, 05:45 PM

Brayg, you are more than welcome dear friend

solsticemama!!! We have missed you around here. Glad to hear that the trip went well for you and yours. Thank you for the blessings Looking forward to hearing more from you.

How is everyone else doing these days?

Where is Saritasmile?
#565 of 647 Old 10-17-2004, 02:02 AM

I feel so bad!! I was trying to join in and just disappeared. But I've been having a weird problem...this is the first discussion forum i've ever joined and i keep staying up real late reading things when i should be working. well the weird part is that when i go to bed at night, i start thinking about random things to talk about and its always in discussion form. For example, I'll think 'Does anyone else's dc kick the covers off or snore' really silly things that you wouldn't really want to write but it started to drive me a little crazy. So i've been limiting my time at the forums Also my partner kept making fun of me for always saying 'well i read on the mdc forum last night...' I haven't read any of the post in awhile but congradulations! punkprincess! I would love to have another but i think razi would freak out! I can't even show someone how to use a sling without him getting really upset. I can't wear any other baby at all he will probably be an only child for a long time for other reasons too. but i know i'm going to have more kids, not sure why i know that but i do.
I might be able to be at a birth real soon too! razi's best friend Kodi( 1 wk older) is about to get a new brother. due date has already come and gone! anyway i get to help with Kodi during the birth and i'm hoping to get lucky and be there for the good stuff!

solsticemama glad to hear your back! no kidding on the separate seat thing!
#566 of 647 Old 10-17-2004, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saritasmile
i keep staying up real late reading things when i should be working. well the weird part is that when i go to bed at night, i start thinking about random things to talk about and its always in discussion form. For example, I'll think 'Does anyone else's dc kick the covers off or snore' really silly things that you wouldn't really want to write but it started to drive me a little crazy.
I do the SAME thing. I'm always thinking of threads I could start and what not, but there is so much information on here already.

I was just thinking tonight how I would like to spend a lot less time on the computer, because as it is, the last day I didn't come on here was the day Samaya was born. I'm not on here 24/7 or anything, but it feels like an addiction, KWIM?

and there seems to be so much controversy on here these days... the oldies leaving because of too many mainstream "wackos", the people voting for bush (sorry if that offends any one here, but I *really* just don't get how "natural family living" goes with the conservative agenda), etcetera.

anyways, to get back on topic, my 22 month old DD has pooped in the potty ***3*** times now!!! And she pees in the potty all the time too. It seems like shes potty trained now, but of course doesn't use the potty when we go out Shes so big!
#567 of 647 Old 10-18-2004, 02:32 AM

haha, i've been doing well by just sticking to this thread. otherwise i just really riled up.
i went to a wedding yesterday and saw old pals and one of my really good friends in mpls is expecting. i'm so sad i won't be around her for her pregnancy and baby. and another best friend is finally moving though she has distanced herself all year because of the plans and told me today that she'll be getting married in new hampshire in two months. i had no idea i would be so happy about someone i knew going into a second marriage with kids from both sides. what's interesting is that her ex is going to move up with her and live in the same apartment until she gets married and moves into her new husband's home. he may not have been the best guy for her, and he may decide to come back to durned louisiana, but i'm amazed that she's impressed on him the importance of having dada around. i don't know if i could do it.

p.s. what counts is actually voting no matter the discussion. and for this election, i haven't seen any kind of fruitful discussion. i think people have really made up their mind or are so afraid of change that they just do whatever, but even then are very solid in their stance. i can't even talk about it with my parents or inlaws.
#568 of 647 Old 10-19-2004, 05:25 PM

we just got back from visiting some friends on a smallish island off of vancouver island called "Mudge". it was great. they have a tiny wee cabin in the woods and you can hear the waves on the rocks... and only solar power(one lightbulb and a radio). no running water..no electricity..but elwynn decided to poop for his first time on the potty there.. in their composting toilet. it was really very exciting. he just came up to me and took my hand and pointed to his bum and said "poop..potty!" so i took him and he went. i was so happy.. of course.. he hasnt done it since..but hopefully it is a good omen. anyways.. we are headed home and pretty happy since elwynn hasnt seen his dad in more than two weeks and we both miss him a lot and i know his dad misses him even more.

we are sad that you are gone now jazz.. i hope all is well up in the kootenays. keep in touch okay? we love you!

i hope the rest of you and your almost two's are well too..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#569 of 647 Old 10-19-2004, 05:56 PM

I'm new but not wacko! well i guess some people think i am, like my mainstream dad

I wish razi's first dookie had been in a composting toilet!! He only goes in the potty if he doesn't have a dipe on. He's a morning pooper so if i get the dipe off in time, i don't have to wash a poop!! It's great in that respect.
#570 of 647 Old 10-20-2004, 03:16 PM

Halloween- Zachary will be a scarecrow. We've been waiting forever to dress him up as a scarecrow since his hair is blonde, spikey, stick straight, and often resembles hay!

He's really into kissing owies right now. He says "hurt!" (which sounds like "hote" 'cause he can't say his r's ) and points to his owie and I kiss it. Last night I accidently scratched him with my ring while he was switching sides on the bobbies and he touched his cheek and said "hote" and I kissed it, and then he pointed to his lips and said "kiss?" I melted!

He had fun at the beach this weekend. He loved swimming ("mimming") in the ocean ("eshen") and playing in the sand, getting dirty. Everyone comments on his tan skin and light hair- I'd never heard the expression "brown as a berry" until I had Zach and now I hear it ALL the time! He got my light hair and eyes, and his papa's Native American skin... Quite a combination.

His newest passion is dumping the contents of his bowl at mealtime and saying "Uh-oh, mess." Thank God for dogs, nature's vaccum cleaner.

My mom and I are voting for the same person in the presidential election, but both my dad and DH are voting for the other guy, so we feel like our votes will cancel each other's out!

I think my son has given up on naps or something... He's still running around like a crazy person, while the girls are snoozing. (He will actually come up to me whining "bobby?" and try to push my laptop out of my lap- talk about a guilt trip!) Crystal is home from school today because yesterday afternoon she apparently grabbed a hot coffee pot off a shelf in the classroom and burned her leg. The caraffe was empty, but the glass was still hot. She has a nice little open burn the size of a nickel on her thigh. I am so mad at this stupid school!!! She's not getting the kind of education she needs- it's basically like daycare or something. And they obviously aren't giving her the proper supervision! I'm debating whether or not I should ask the teacher and the aides if they'll pay my gass money :LOL, since I have to drive 50 miles into Phoenix so Crystal can see her specialized pediatrician (no one in our semi-rural community will even touch her because of her severe medical problems). Anyway, it just sucks that special needs students don't have the kind of options that regular kids do. It's public school or no school, and public schools suck out here! We are seriously contemplating selling our house and moving back into town, because Crystal can't get the proper services here. We shall see...

OK, my book is long enough. Thanks once again for listening to my problems. s to my friends.

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page