undescended testicle? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 07-22-2004, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone out there whose ds was born w/ an undescended testicle?

Did your ds's testicle come down on its own? When?

If not, did you do the surgery to correct it? If so, how old was your ds? What was the surgery like?

If you didn't do the surgery, why not? What, if anything, are you planning for the future regarding the undescended testicle?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-22-2004, 07:40 PM

Have you searched this forum for this? There was a thread a while back....maybe even up to a year ago.... It had some really good info from others who had btdt.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#3 of 5 Old 07-22-2004, 07:43 PM

I found the thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ht=undescended

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown

#4 of 5 Old 07-22-2004, 08:04 PM

My son just had surgery for an undescended testicle and a hydrocele in April. He came through it very well. We waited too long for the surgery, though (primarily because we were told by two different doctors that they had both descended, only to find when he was 3 that the right one actually hadn't). So, he'll always have one testicle smaller than the other.

How old is your son? Have you had him evaluated for a hydrocele? It's quite common in boys with undescended testicles and can result in a hernia later on. That's definitely something you'd want to have fixed.

I know there are mixed opinions on this board about whether or not to have surgery done. I chose to have it done for my child because I wanted him to have the opportunity to have two functioning testicles, if at all possible. My decision was made a little easier, though, because he had to go under anyway to have his out-of-control adenoids removed.

Good luck. Try a google search if you haven't already. I found tons of information available on-line. Oh, and if he's intact and you take him to a pediatric urologist, watch like a hawk - my experience has been that they're not very foreskin-friendly.
#5 of 5 Old 07-24-2004, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly
Oh, and if he's intact and you take him to a pediatric urologist, watch like a hawk - my experience has been that they're not very foreskin-friendly.
yep, that was my *first* thought!

this question is actually about my 2 mos old, so I have a ways to go before we even are faced with the decision of surgery (it may still descend), just wanted to get more of an idea of what others had experienced -- thanks for great link puppyfluffer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page