Won't go to sleep when Daddy's around - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-02-2004, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need suggestions here. My DD Leah is 18 months old and will NOT go to sleep if Daddy is in the room. I have always nursed her to sleep and still do, which for now is fine. We have been trying to get Daddy more involved in bedtimes though because baby #2 is due in January. As it stands right now, he has to go to the basement for her to nap. At bedtime, we both do her routine (pick up toys, change diaper, jammies, snack if dinner was early, brush teeth, read, nurse to sleep) and she wants Daddy to be the one to change her diaper, put on jammies, etc. But when we get to sleeping time, she will play and fight sleep for as long as it takes. He doesn't engage her or play, he just lays down and pretends to be asleep. The second Daddy leaves the room she settles down and is out within minutes. This can be as soon as she starts nursing or 2 hours in - as soon as he leaves she goes to sleep. The point of getting Daddy involved was so that he could get her to sleep when I have to nurse the baby or whatever and we are moving in the opposite direction of that! Any suggestions?

Ann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2004, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What happens when you leave the room, and she's alone with Daddy? Perhaps you could shift the routine a bit, and nurse her and then leave so that your DH can finish the pre-bedtime stuff, and see how it goes if they're one on one.

Good luck!

User Tag List