The bitter and sweet of parenting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-22-2004, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS is going through a patch of really, really crappy sleeping, which, of course, means I'm not sleeping either. Last night he woke up in the wee hours and wanted to nurse, wanted a drink of water, a snack, a diaper change, etc. Mostly he really wanted me to get up and play with him, which was definitely a no-go.

So he was sitting on my head and screaming when I started to cry because I was so tired and frustrated from many nights of this. DS stopped screaming immediately and got down in my face, saying, "mama crying? Mama needs a hug." He gave me hugs and kisses and we talked about how I was crying because I needed to sleep and couldn't. And he said, "Shh, mama sleep," and sang me a lullaby.

But he still stayed awake until 6:30 this morning!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2004, 03:29 PM

My dd is also going through a crappy sleeping phase. I'm hoping it ends before baby #2 arrives in February. But the real reason I wanted to post here is because my dd is also really sensitive to my crying. I think I've only cried a couple of times in front of her and always because something was touching but you should've seen the look on her face. Really upset that mama was crying. I had to comfort her for quite awhile. It was very sweet.
Kids can be sooo frustrating and then so heartbreakingly sweet it's amazing!
Old 10-22-2004, 03:48 PM

That is so sweet. What a perfect parenting story! I love that he sang you a lullaby--but then stayed awake anyway! I once cried after dd clocked me in the head with a book (by accident) and she was so worried. She walked around me a couple of times and then gave me a big hug. It was so sweet.

Mama to two wonderful daughers: 02/03/03 and 10/19/05

User Tag List