Mothering Forum banner

Weird pooping in toddler

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  allgirls 
#1 ·
Last week, my 2 y.o. had what i think was a mild stomach virus, with both diarhea and vomiting. Anyway, she is ok now, but still having very unsual stools: soft, creamy (peanutbuttery), yellow, and REALLY bad smelling. She is not complaining of her tummy hurting anymore, just this weird disgusting poop. I will say she is busting out with some 2 year molars. Is it really true that teeth cutting can give them loose stools? I have been dosing her up with acidophilus as much as possible.

This stuff is NOT fun to clean out of her little potty, oh no it's not

See less See more
#2 ·
I probably can't be much help, but my 17 month dd is having the same stools. She has been vomiting due to a cold (lots of drainage= puking in the middle of the night). I am chalking it up to her drinking more breastmilk and less solids than usual, and to the fact the her intestinal flora is all screwed up. We are trying to see if some probiotics will help.

#3 ·
Wow, I was going to post about this. Same stinky, yellow poop for my 14 month old too. He vomited twice a few days ago (just breastmilk), but has otherwise been mostly normal (a little sleepier and clingy than usual though). He hasn't been eating many solids either. I am thinking it's just a virus, as I was throwing up the day before yesterday, and now my Dh is sick too. Ugh, but at least it seems to be short lived.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.