#301 of 399 Old 12-21-2004, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Birthday Mukti!!!
we are thinking about you today

fern and elwynn

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 399 Old 12-21-2004, 01:55 PM

Yesterday was Zora's second and today is Soren's second birthday.

It's partytime in OUR household.

Thank you GOD that they are TWO.

:
#303 of 399 Old 12-21-2004, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Happy birthday Mukti, Zora and Soren!

I must say that I'm really enjoying two. Sure, BeanBean is a wild, spirited child (to say the least) but he's also such a person. He seems so grown up! I suppose that's because I've got a 6 month old, but BeanBean really has grown up a lot, even in the 6 months since his sister was born. I love having a little guy!

And now, in other "very two" news-- last night, BeanBean coughed and I pulled a quarter out of his mouth. Then he told me his throat hurt. I asked him what he meant and he told me that he'd already swallowed a penny, his throat hurt and he needed to nurse. So Beth...how did that go for you guys? *sigh*

I told Mike we'd wait a few days and if he was acting (relatively) normal, we would just watch for a penny in the poop; there was no point in getting hysterical about it at ten o clock last night (we had a loooooong day yesterday). I'm kind of bummed, but I don't know if that's over the penny or from the prozac I stopped taking.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#304 of 399 Old 12-21-2004, 02:11 PM

: to zora and soren!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#305 of 399 Old 12-21-2004, 02:42 PM

Happy, Happy Birthday to all the 2 year old babies! (Yes, they're still babies!)

Rose, I hope the stress of the move is subsiding. I loved your post and all the sentiment in it. I know EXACTLY what you mean about feeling so many wonderful things at that time- anticipating the birth, the baby, the mothering. And that overwhelming feeling of pure joy that washes over you the instant you see and hold and kiss your new baby. I always stare at the clock on the days before and after Zach's Birth Day- remembering where I was and what I was doing, and how it all felt. I imagine I'll do that every year for the rest of his life, seeing as he was my first baby and the miracle of him will never cease to amaze me. I knew I would love my baby, but I never knew I could love him more than anything else in the whole universe, and I love him more every day...

I've been thinking about you and Tyson, Beth... Wondering how the surgery went and how you two are???

Fern, your baby is too cute for words. I loved the pictures! I hope the Goddess blesses you with life again, if that's what you are hoping for...

I admire your little pregnancy belly, Carrie. You are in the comfortable, peaceful time in pregnancy. At least that's how it was for me at that stage- it's just after the sick and tired feelings went away, and just before the constant contractions began. I loved that time in my pregnancy, singing and talking to Zachary, wondering what he'd look like... My husband painted my belly like a jack o'lantern near Halloween! When are you due again? Are you hoping for a son or a daughter this time?

Have a nice day mamas.

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#306 of 399 Old 12-21-2004, 03:46 PM

Well, I'll delurk to update you all. We've had a crazy couple weeks with traveling and CHristmas stuff and all that... We were scheduled that day (seems like ages ago!) for the endoscopy and went and got registered and all that. Tyson was talking about the doctor getting the money out of his tummy but didn't realize the whole situation until we were in preop and the nurse was there and all that. The doctor decided to do another x-ray before Tyson got his IV or preop meds or anything and we were so annoyed, not wanting him to have to go through another x-ray! Well, the penny was in his LOWER COLON!!! After 6 weeks it mysteriously moved in time to avoid the endoscopy! Of course, we were thrilled and so thankful that the Dr. wanted to do the x-ray cause obviously he wouldn't have found it in the stomach!

So, he pooped it out the next day at the Jiffy Lube while he and I were waiting for our oil change! Unbelievable! As expected, it was a penny and there were 4 small holes in it. It seems the zinc in pennies reacts with our stomach acid and creates a "blowtorch" effect. It's amazing TYson never had stomach pain or anything.

Rynna, there is a study you should read by DUke about this. It's cited in almost every article we read so you shouldn't have a problem finding it. The pediatric gastroenterologist who we ended up with said his rule is two weeks and then he goes after things. He worries that objects will become embedded in the tissue after that. Obviously, that didn't happen after 6 weeks for us but who knows. I'm glad we weren't referred earlier so it had time to move. Just watch for vomiting and evidence of stomach pain or distension.

Every stupid dr we saw said, "are you sure it's a penny? it looks bigger, adn it has holes!" Apparently x-rays are not true to size because it DID look bigger on the x-ray but they should know that they aren't true to size. So, once again, I am frustrated with the medical system and the care we got, but TYson is fine, not traumatized, and the penny is out!

Oh yeah, we're saving it! Sometimes Tyson still asks to look for the money when I change a poopy diaper!
#307 of 399 Old 12-21-2004, 03:55 PM

ONe more thing wise mamas! How do you get ink out of clothes? A little boy drew all over Tyson's pants and shirt at a family gathering last weekend and I'm afraid to wash them! I don't know where to start but I don't want them to be ruined! Surely someone has a trick...
#308 of 399 Old 12-21-2004, 04:03 PM

Bethkm~ that's good that the penny is out!!! It's funny how he asks if there is money every time his diaper is changed.:LOL

Happy birthday to solsticemamma and hotmamasita (and babies too)!!

Yeah, I cried on haevens birthday, after everyone left the party, and all. I thought I would be fine, but I just got sooo weepy.
#309 of 399 Old 12-21-2004, 04:23 PM

everything makes me weepy these days! not sad, depressed weepy but i get this welled up teary feeling and a lump in my throat. most times i fight the urge to cry because its stupid stuff like a kids tv show or a song lyric but once in a while something sweet that elwynn does brings tears and more than sometimes its a post on MDC.. im such a suck!

jazz, i still havnt sent your package. its all ready to go but i have to take it to abbotsford and ive got melody for a few days..hopefully i will mail ittoday but if it doesnt get there before christmas im sorry and i mean well!

Quote:

#310 of 399 Old 12-21-2004, 09:08 PM

fern~ why do you have to take it to abbotsford? You can send it at the post office. your package cost me only 6$, which isn't all that much, and it was a semi-big package. Is the greyhound a lot cheaper?
#311 of 399 Old 12-21-2004, 09:33 PM

it would ake less time if i could just get it there, and yes it would cost less..its a box, so its a bit bigger, but i dunno..maybe ill just send it by mail afterall..

Quote:

#312 of 399 Old 12-21-2004, 10:48 PM

Beth, I am SO glad to hear that it all worked out... I'm sure the whole situation will be hilarious in a few years, after the memory of all the worrying and waiting has faded! I'm sure he will love to hear the story, and look at the penny!

Fern, I have always been a sensitive person- the littlest things make me teary-eyed sometimes. It's just something I've had to deal with, LOL, I have learned to hide my crying while I'm watching a movie! Luckily now that DH knows how sensitive I am, he will admit to me when something jerks his tears- like he's allowed to be moved by something if someone else is moved, too. :LOL

Th kids are getting better about sharing with each other (finally)! If Zachary steals a toy away from Julianna, I can ask him to pick another toy and give Julianna a turn with the one she was playing with. He finally understands that he will eventually get a turn and giving up a toy to share doesn't mean giving it up forever. I love watching the logic come together in their brains!

Every time Zachary comes into the room he'll say "Hi, Mama!" and when he leaves the room he'll say "Bye, Mama!". If I say "I love you, Zachary" he'll say "Wuv you, Mama". And when someone sneezes he'll say "Zess you!" It's the cutest thing. He's also remembering to say please and thank you. We went to the dr. yesterday and he said "Tanks!" to everyone when they left the room. I was so proud.

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#313 of 399 Old 12-22-2004, 12:54 PM

are you a pisces?

i dont mind so much being sensitive, except when i get emotional over such silly little things..i wonder why because i really have no feelings about them..or maybe i do but i just dont know it..i dont think this will make much sense to anyone

zachary sounds like such a sweetie pie!

elwynn says "love you mommy" when i say i love you too.. its so wonderful when they start really sharing their feelings with you.

elwynn says he "sad" a lot. do any of your littles say this? he says it when he wants to nurse sometimes, or if he gets hurt or scared..im not sure what to make of it since im pretty sure he isnt a very sad kid. i dont tell him he isnt sad and i ask him why but he just keeps saying "sad" till i nurse him or kiss his owie or whatever..

Quote:

#314 of 399 Old 12-22-2004, 03:48 PM

MamaFern, I am a Capricorn through and through. Generally we are not outwardly emotional, but I suppose I am an exception. I have ALWAYS been sensitive. I'm pretty weird, though, so that may explain some of it...

Zachary doesn't say he's sad, but he does use the word scarey/spooky quite a bit now. If he's scared or sad he'll say "Is skooky, Mama". And if Julianna is crying he'll tell me "Nana cyin', is skooky." :LOL It must be his word for all those things: scarey, confusing, sad, angry, etc...?

#315 of 399 Old 12-22-2004, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

BeanBean rarely says he's sad, but sometimes he'll tack it on to "I miss _____." Like, "Daddy went to work, I miss daddy I'm so sad!" Mostly, he's a happy little man.

He passed a huge movement yesterday, but the smell was so awful I couldn't go through it so I left it for daddy. No penny yet.

BeanBean and his cousin managed to lose the telephone while I was in the shower-- a whole five minutes. : I'm pissed. We can't find it, it was left on. I unplugged the base so that I could get online, but when I plugged it back in and tried to page it, it said there was a low battery and it couldn't! Argh, I'm so ticked off! I know I should relaxed but I'm so freaking angry right now about the phone and the mess and all the stuff that they've managed to lose... This messes up my entire day and everything I had planned, the fact that between the two of them they can manage to lose or destroy everything in the house in just a few minutes, but in three hours they can't find or put anything back together.

#316 of 399 Old 12-22-2004, 06:26 PM

Christopher finally has his first of his two year old molars. Half of it is sticking out of the gums. When I ask him where his owie is, he points directly at that tooth. It is about time!

I finally got a proper Santa photo for my mom. I missed the deadline to order any of the other ones we had done. Here is the picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...mily/santa.jpg

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#317 of 399 Old 12-22-2004, 08:32 PM

thats a lovely picture!

elwynn says scared too..i guess he's just full of emotions like me..not that its a bad thing. i think kids that are in touch with their feelings have a way better time when they are adults. i remember my mom telling me not to cry when i was upset and it was so confusing..i felt like i needed to cry but she always told me to "stop crying!".. i dont want elwynn ever to feel like he cant safely express his emotions to me..

Quote:

#318 of 399 Old 12-22-2004, 10:55 PM

Sweet pic, heather. Thanks mommas for all the birthday wishes for Mukti. I was so touched, and it made the sweet day sweeter. Mona I showed both ds & dh the giant wishes Mukti is still too young to know just what a birthday is and entails but I still wanted to honor the sacredness of the day in some way. He woke up saying 'birthday' and so we began the day with a re-telling of his birth and then I sang him our own version of the 'birthday song' After we got up I gave him a little box of wooden blocks and said they were a birthday present which he really liked. The rest of the morning was a regular one punctuated by our 'birthday song' which he wanted me to sing several times :LOL

After his nap 2 of his 'god-parents' came over with some books for him. They are dear friends and were present at his birth and until recently we lived with them so they have a very special place in his heart. We all went out for Thai food and at just the time of delivery we all sang the birthday song again and the restaurant joined in as well with clapping at the end which Mukti joined in with :LOL But other than that it was a regular meal, no cake or anything. On the way home we stopped to get a helium-filled balloon that Mukti had seen and wanted a couple of days earlier with trucks and trains etc on it. It was a big treat to watch the woman fill it up and then give it to him. He was enthralled for quite awhile. Up till now I thought of balloons as an accessory to a party but the wonder in Mukti's face made me realize that simple is really where it's at with them at this age YK.

Anyway a call from 'gwamma' and aunties and friends rounded out the day. I took some sweet pics and will post them later.

Bethkm glad to hear the penny came out. Rynna hoping the same will be true for eli :

On another note the sleeping has gone from wonderful to waking every hour to nurse and not even taking the :binky. I know that the move and his sore mouth are probably causing it but I have to say it's tiring. Anyone else's toddler suddenly reverting to newborn nursing patterns?
#319 of 399 Old 12-23-2004, 12:14 AM

Actually, Zachary hasn't been napping well. He'll nurse to sleep and as soon as I try to lay him down he'll wake up. So the past two days have been napless. I don't mind if he doesn't take a nap, but I don't care to sit and nurse him for two hours straight so he can get some rest... : Nighttimes have been so-so. He stays in his bed all night sometimes, other nights he's up twice for nursings. He's getting to be such a big boy... sigh..

Hope little Mukti's mouth feels better soon, Rose... Zachary had a sore on his tongue on his birthday too, isn't that weird? He didn't want to nurse or eat very much, but boy that ice cream felt good!

I hope you find your phone Rynna. I know how aggrivating that can be! It happens here all the time with the TV remotes. I usually find them in the pantry for some reason...

Where's saritasmile???

#320 of 399 Old 12-23-2004, 01:29 AM

ive had a headache for days and ive been feeling pretty restless so the nursing thing hasn't been going so well.. i try to still nurse him on demand but i havent got much milk and he will just suck for days! blah. hopefully this fog passes soon.

oh yeah, i forgot to tell...elwynn refused to eat any of his birthday cake..i couldn't believe it. he LOVES chocolate, but nope, no way. he wouldnt eat the dirt cake
what a monkey

im really trying to encourage elwynn to sleep in his own bed and he is so into it. this week we have my foster sister melody who is 8 staying with us. she is staying in his room.. at first my plan was for her to stay in there and for elwynn to stay in my bed, but nope he wanted to "sleep over" with mel..it takes them a bit longer to fall asleep because they are giggly and silly.. but once they are asleep its fine and if he wakes up she doesn't even stir..i guess thats how it is when you have 5 siblings...you just get used to noises and it doesn't bother you..

having her here is great but it makes me realise that wanting another kid = lots more work..we have this little quiet life and our routines and having another baby would change that.. not that it would be a bad thing, but i suppose it wouldnt be a bad idea to wait a while longer.

rynna: elwynn his my aunties phone and it took her nearly a month to find it! she was so pissed off.. i hope you find it sooner than that! maybe if you make it a fun game eli will help you find it. you could have a treasure hunt or something!

sweet dreams loves!

Quote:

#321 of 399 Old 12-23-2004, 08:29 AM

de-lurking to say hi and a continuted happy yule season for everyone.

dd's b'day is coming up saturday. i'm letting her open holiday presents a bit each day, but some will be saved for xmas morning i think. i prefer to have the focus of the 25th be her b'day, so i imagine we'll phase out xmas present on xmas entirely by next year and move for the yule presents. traditions are hard to break.

dd is really starting to talk now. it took awhile, but she is saying new words everyday- most often the pop out, like they've been in storage up in her brain for a long time, and now are ready to be used. it's very exciting!!

her sleeping is about the same- her molars came in months ago, so that is over for us, thank goddess. she wakes a few times during her naps, and then every few hours at night- increasing as it gets closer to morning.
i fell asleep w/ her at 8:30 last night. so much for working on my crafts. :LOL

Rose- glad you had a nice b'day w/ mukti.

Blessings to everyone!!!!
#322 of 399 Old 12-23-2004, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

I found the phone when I ran out of toilet paper last night. BeanBean had put it in the cupboard in the bathroom.

I'm organizing all of the photos MIL has ever taken with her digital camera so that I can burn them on a CD. This will be her xmas present, if I ever get it done. I've also knitted a whole bunch of scarves this year. I'm not holding out hope that I'll get anything fabulous from Mike, but he's been extra helpful this week, and it's been rough on him too (his job always gets to be more of a PITA around holidays).

BeanBean has not "recently reverted to a newborn nursing pattern," he's been steadily holding in one since my milk came back. In fact, I'm 90% certain that it is his nursing and not BooBah's which is keeping me from ovulating. I'm also fairly certain that if he wasn't nursing, BooBah wouldn't get enough because she hardly nurses at all. Part of me desperately wants to wean him, but can't justify it at all. I just need to get more time to myself.

I went to Curves the other day. They open at 7am and close at 8pm. In other words, there would be no time at all that I could go. Mike has to be at work by 7, he leaves every morning at 6:30. That means I need to be here by 6:30, and if I was to work out in the morning, assuming 10 minutes of travel time either way and a 1-hour workout (which is short for me) I'd need them to be open and ready for me at 4:45am. If I was to go in the evening (more difficult, but not impossible) I'd need them to be open until at least 9:30. I desperately want to go to the gym. I know it would help. It's too cold to ride my bike (even if I did have a helmet) because I don't have gloves and there's already ice on the roads & sidewalks, and I start to wheeze when the cold air hits me, anyway. But God, I really need to get some exercise. I'm so miserable and so fat and life sucks .

#323 of 399 Old 12-24-2004, 01:03 AM

Ds turned 2 yesterday (12/22). sniff sniff. Today, we were cuddling in bed and he fell asleep in my arms. He hasn't done that in such a long time. I think it was his gift to ME. heh heh.

Blessings to all this magickal season.
Liz
#324 of 399 Old 12-24-2004, 01:21 AM

rynna i know how you feel momma. i get out for lots of walks but i so want to go to yoga and to the kikboxing classes that ive payed for and can never seem to make it to.. its frustrating finding time and then energy to do it all.. by the time 5 or 7 rolls around im tired! the sun has set hours ago and it feels more like midnight. who wants to walk downtown or ride for that matter in the pitchblack. i try to do yoga at home but i end up doing a few stretches and thats it. i need the structure of a class and the quiet away from home. and i miss the sun! we used to be out and about till 8 or nine, what happened and how did it happen so fast!?!

at least the solstice has come and gone and the days are getting longer once again, and soon the sun will be out and we will be complaining of the heat!

i spent the day trying to get everything wrapped and organised and truffles made, they actually worked this time! i just made sugar cookie batter and its chillin' in the fridge with the broccoli and truffles.

i feel like i have a lot to do. i think i have somehow inherited my moms way of getting stressed about holidays even though i really dont celebrate them. my grama is very sick this winter and so my whole family is getting together for what might be her last christmas, and so i have got gifts for everyone, either made or found..it feels good to be able to give this year. so many years im too poor or too busy. this year im both, but somehow managed to do it despite all that.

Lizc-i dont remember your Ds's name but happy birthday little dude!

so, i hope you all have a wonderful christmas or unchristmas, or whateve r you celebrate this winter season. we are off to my moms house tomorow. she has a hottub, so thats where ill be!

lots of love!

fern and elwynn

Quote:

#325 of 399 Old 12-24-2004, 08:11 AM

yeah, i'm having a VERY difficult time doing any kind of excrercise. i was doing doing this during dd's noon time nap, but after our trip to floriday last july i got out of the routine and never got back into it. just always too much too do. Rynna- have you thought of getting an arobic DVD that you can do at home? i know it would be better to have the alone time, but i guess it could be better then nothing?
oh, and i thought i'd let you know that Curves is a MAJOR contributer of the
Republican party. I know your political leanings, so thought i'd mention it to you.

one more day until dd's bday!!!!
#326 of 399 Old 12-24-2004, 09:20 AM

Ds's name is Anton. Or Roo, bub, pumkin, bumbum, monkey, puppy boy, pup, sweetness. heh heh.

Oh, and exercise...What's THAT?! The only exercise I get nowadays is walking around in the mall or other stores. LOL. I'd LOVE it if I could afford to join a health club because that is the only way I ever get inspired to work out regularly. Especially if the place has a steam room, jacuzzi and pool. hahaahha.

Merry Christmas Eve to those who celebrate it.
Yuletide Blessings,
Liz
#327 of 399 Old 12-24-2004, 11:54 AM

I'm still carrying ds a fair bit, that's my exercise these days :LOL

It's really early, still dark out and both dh and ds are asleep. I've been up for a couple of hours so I thought I'd check in with y'all. We're not really doing too much for X-mas, the Solstice is the big celebration for us but we are going to friends' for brunch and they have a tree and lights and decorations which I think ds will enjoy.

I'm impressed with all you mommas who are busy crafting things. I guess with the move anything beyond washing dishes and finding the scissors, clothing and soap is impressive at this point :LOL It'll be awhile before we're settled but ds seems to be absorbing the change relatively well. His mouth has mostly healed which is a relief for both of us.

Fern, Mukti really likes the pics of Elwynn washing the dishes and making gingerbread He asked to see 'Ewynn' the other day

Lizc, happy birthday to your little one.
#328 of 399 Old 12-24-2004, 02:57 PM

solstice:! aww.. thats so great. these kids are going to grow up with friends all over the place thank to MDC..maybe when they are teenagers they will all plan to get together..maybe they will be life long friends. and us too

im trying to make a piccture calendar for my mom but lately ive been taking so many more digital pictures that i barely have any from my manual. im one good picture short! i need november! oh well, i know my mom will love it anyways, even if it has an older picture. i just really wanted it to be all newer piks. maybe ill brave it and take some of my digital piks in and get them printed out. but ive never done it before!
#329 of 399 Old 12-24-2004, 03:01 PM

!oops. that last post was by me, but i was loggen in on timothy's name..weird! i guess he's getting into MDC too! i think it would be great if more dads came on here.

Quote:

#330 of 399 Old 12-24-2004, 05:12 PM

Just wanted to pop in and say Happy Holidays!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page