The Second Birthdays are here! *Nov/Dec 02* - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 399 Old 12-27-2004, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
carrie, oh well.. sometimes the simplest things are the things we think of last.. its just the way our brains work..especially pregnant nursing momma brains..

my visit with my momma friend and her baby went so well! we hung out last night and went for breakfast today and chilled almost all day and im going to go back home with them to vancouver island for a little adventure and new years celebration.. they are also looking for a room mate in the spring which is when ill be out of a home..so im pretty excited about that. their baby is so sweet and they are doing the "diaper free" thing which is so rad. i wish id thought of it and known about it when elwynn was born.

we use padded undies at night and as long as i take him for a pee as soon as he wakes up its fine..but sometimes im lazy! so some nights i put a diaper on him..

jazz how are you?? did you get your package? we miss you!

: to all of you other birthday babe's and mommas..

mona, sweet pictures!
Beth..im so happy for you!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#362 of 399 Old 12-28-2004, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona
does anyone have a dc that is still nursing at night but has stopped wearing a diaper at night? i had previously thought she woudn't be out of night time dipes until she stopped nurisng so much at night, but what do i know... :LOL
BeanBean is out of diapers about 85% of the time, including nights, and still nurses at night. Thing is, when he wakes up and wants to nurse, he needs to pee, so we put him on his potty and then he nurses back to sleep. I think he's waking up because he has to pee, not because he has to nurse, but once he's awake he needs to nurse, kwim?

Casina-- thank you for your kind words. I'm still feeling pretty miserable; I saw myself on tape. : Part of me knows that my body is trying to keep me from starving to death, and another part of me thinks "if my body's so smart, why can't it see that there's obviously no danger of that?!" I am in a 20 as well, and I'm only 5'1" so I look really freaking big. It's so depressing. I'll see people that look chubby and think "wow, she's big" and then realize that *I* look like I swallowed her whole and then some. :

I have also lost weight in the past, but rarely in a healthy way. Before I got pregnant with BeanBean, I would lose weight if I ate exactly what I wanted when I wanted it and got plenty of exercise; whenever I didn't ahve time to exercise, I starved. And now, I have no time to exercise at all and I'm not starving because I'm afraid that the ketones in my milk will hurt BooBah and...well, I'm just a mess about it all.

I can't imagine being a single parent-- I think I'd be a lot angrier a lot more often than I am, and I certainly don't need that. *sigh*

Oh, BeanBean did pass the penny, with only one hole in it, fairly quickly. He poops a lot, what can I say? :LOL

This thread is crazy busy, you know that? :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#363 of 399 Old 12-28-2004, 04:25 AM

i've dealt with the weight thing. i can sound optimistic since i'm on the other end now. i actually bought trousers off the rack this winter and they fit me. i'm smaller than i was when i got married aside from the bigger rib cage and d-cup, so i'm 135 lbs now (i'm 5'3"). i only tell you this because after i had reed, i was at 200 and around there for the year. my dh made the mistake of expressing honestly after reed was one year old that he was worried i would gain so much after every baby which started the crisis for me. i have a video from when reed is two months old and of course the in one shot of me, i am unashamedly eating. then there's my mom who still thinks i'm fat based on my arm circumference and is still horrified even thinking about how i "let myself go" when pregnant.

i worried about eating and exercising either desperately and resignedly for about a year. then i got pregnant with clay and gave up. i slimmed and changed shape with him. aside from that year, i have not "watched" what i eat whatsoever. yes, sometimes i decide that i would rather eat something that gives rather than depletes health, but i have always feasted. i see food as intake for well-being. and the exercise, my kids get me going. i'm not saying this will work for anyone besides me, but i know that spending time thinking about being fat was a huge part of the problem.

i guess i put my idea of looking good on on the shelf called "when the kids are around four feet tall". if nothing else, i've noticed that children quickly learn to assess overweightedness depending on the child, from around the age of 5, and these figures are based on children i know with little weight or beauty doctrines imposed on them. so those kids can understand why mamma needs to exercise, possibly apart from them.

now the clothing issue, that is really annoying. i could write a book on the clothing problem and how i lowered my standards but in the end my self-esteem demanded that i had decent fitting clothing if not beautiful or just the euphoria of wearing something different from the thrift store. i also took down all the photos of me and dealt with only a bathroom mirror the shows the waist up. having little hair to tend to helped as well. i had to search for the beauty on the inside. so trite but took lots of work to really find. realized that my children thought i was beautiful no matter what unless they told me i was stinky, which didn't bother them too much either. and of course once we shrink down and look cute and feel perky, our bodies might decide to be fertile and we get wide again!
#364 of 399 Old 12-28-2004, 04:01 PM

Rynna, I'm really sorry Curves won't work out for you. I really like it, although I agree that the hours should be more accomidating. I love that it's only a 30 minute workout, and that you incorporate strength training and cardio in one workout. It kicks my butt on the days I really manipulate the machines, and I like that I can take it easy on the days when I'm not so into it. I started Curves and a low-carb diet last year in October and I lost 20 pounds! I should have lost about 15 more, but I got really lazy and gained it all back!!! Now I'm starting all over again, but I'm not too worried because now I know that it is possible for me to lose the weight again with some hard work, I just have to stick with it. And I usually gain weight around the holidays anyway- I can't say no to all the goodies! And DH never says anything either way, which is nice... If I say I need to work out he'll try to give me some extra time to go to Curves, but if I get caught up in everyday life and don't get to work out for a few days, he doesn't get rude about it.

I think I'd like to get down to a size 10, about 145 pounds. Then I'll see where to go from there. I've always been "thick" so I know it's just not natural for me to be 115 lbs and boney, unless I do drugs or get cancer or something. So I need to lose 20 pounds ASAP so I can fit back into all the jeans in my closet! I'm going to stop eating out of boredom, and only eat when I feel hungry- that's one of my biggest problems. I consume more than I expend! And I need to be more active, definitely. Easier said than done, but I'll get to where I want to be someday! I definitely need to get in shape before the summer gets here and I go out on the boat every weekend!

I'll be here for you, Rynna, to listen to you vent about losing and gaining, and exercising (or not). I'm in the same boat! Soon you'll be happier and ready to start losing.

And, please forgive me for asking, you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but why did you stop taking your Prozac?

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#365 of 399 Old 12-28-2004, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberSun
And, please forgive me for asking, you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but why did you stop taking your Prozac?
Oh, I didn't mention that here, did I... well, it made me psychotic. Not a huge surprise, considering that I'm bipolar, but completely awful nonetheless. I've got an appt. thurs with my doctor; I'm going to ask if I can take Buspar and Wellbutrin together, which will help as long as I don't get myself worked up thinking about BooBah's kidneys.

#366 of 399 Old 12-28-2004, 11:17 PM

Yes, you mentioned it a few pages ago. I know that for me depression causes me to stress about my weight, and it's a horrible cyclical downward spiral. I juat want you to be the happiest mama you can be!

I figured out that my insomnia is directly related to my exercise- if don't exercise I can't sleep! It's awful, but I guess it's a good incentive to get me up and moving to expend all the pent up energy.

Do your little ones have a thing about pajamas??? Zachary is very particular about which pajamas he wants to wear, he gets excited about the dinosaurs and airplanes and such. Its pretty cute. He hasn't been sleeping very well at night lately- getting up and coming in here to nurse. He still only gets up once around 1 (and then comes into our bed at 5 or 6 to nurse for a full hour), but what used to take only 15 minutes to get him back to sleep now takes 30-45 minutes. I think I'm going to have to get "tough" on him and nightwean. I would be much happier to nurse him during the day if I didn't have to wake up at night. I feel like he should be sleeping all night at 2 years old. Please someone else tell me they feel this way, or am I insensitive to my baby's "needs"?

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#367 of 399 Old 12-29-2004, 03:55 AM

you are being sensitive to your own needs, which is important too. there are kids that sleep through the night for different reasons whether they are made that way or parented that way. it is totally up to you and balancing your overally comfort with sleep and your relationship with your child and family.

all my kids have slept differently. last night was rough the two littles woke and took turns nursing everyhour or so, enough that i never got a sleep cycle and i was yelling in my sleep this morning about leaving me alone. normally the waking is everytwo or three hours and i have worked to sync both of them to nurse the same time for my sleep. my eldest reed was the worst though. he woke often, even with diapers until after four so there was no issue of having to get up and pee, often and fidgeted, and did not calm easily and for awhile the crazy tv was the only thing that worked since it was less stimulating than a person (????? which i hated) actually right after he totally trained, he began to sleep soundly and can be totally out, though he is not quite convinced he needs sleep every night now at 6y and still kicks pretty hard and is a difficult bedmate at times. something to do with his body being ready. every now and then he wakes crying like a few times a month or depending on stress or illness or growing pains in his legs. now i know that his example is about as bad as it can get, for a relatively normal person, so don't let this description scare you. i'm just telling you what goes on over here. i think the hardest part is that i tend to get time for myself when they are asleep. if i went to bed when they did, i would not be as tired. this is the hazard of electricity.

lots of kids sleep easier and comfort themselves better, but i guess since i know from experience that it does change with getting older, i just bear it having lived with worse and tomorrow is another day. i know one day i will get ten hours of sleep uninterrupted, though i truly protested when my best friend told me that a year ago. it seems fantastical. the sleep deprivation does wear one down. i guess i keep telling myself that i could be tending a fire and have to wake anyway. but i am fanatical about the family bed and night nursing. we went through many experiments the first child around and his needs and behaviour during the day would suffer. i mean terrible tantrums and destructive behaviour and no cooperation due to feeling alone at night, even when he slept with dad. i think we tried moving him out more than five times and have set up different beds in that my mil has given us quite an assortment of nice twin bedding that is not being used. i guess we need to be more in sync. meanwhile, clay is talking about weaning in a few weeks when he turns four. he wants to snuggle closer to dad. ruby nurses less than him as it is. i have heard that generally girls nurse less than boys. so i know to soak it up while i can. even though it cramps me i know i would miss it so i just follow what feels right. they will probably all want to move out of the bed at the same time, or never do it!
#368 of 399 Old 12-29-2004, 07:30 PM

I'm in the middle of putting together a bookshelf for some of ds's little toys but I wanted to chime in and say, yes, nightnursing woes here too Before we moved ds was in a, for us, amazing phase of nursing only twice and rolling over and going back to sleep after he'd done so. I started to get some serious sleep in but it only lasted a few weeks since the move occurred shortly after. We are now in a phase similar to what you describe, Leah. It seems to be every 1.5 or 2 hrs and my present capacity for tolerance is somewhat diminished so I find myself spending alot of energy redirecting in the middle of the night and occasionally even saying 'not right now' when ds asks to nurse for nth time at 3:30 a.m This produces lots of tears and makes me wonder what is the right thing to do since we both have needs that don't seem to be getting met. I feel very...: about it but I'm starting to find the continual nursing quite wearing. Like you, Leah, I feel I'd be more accomodating if I weren't nursing at night so much but I just don't feel this is the right time for Mukti to nightwean right now. I don't know where that leaves us tho

Casina, your posts continue to encourage and affirm the mothering ground I stand on. Thank-you.

You know, ladies, last night I was thinking about how we've stayed connected for almost 2 whole years. That's quite something.
#369 of 399 Old 12-29-2004, 10:36 PM

Well, Hello! Our computer has been down for a while. Had to buy a new hard drive (wow, I know what that is). My DP is a computer guy, so I'm learning now.

Anyways, I am not getting very much sleep these nights as well. Both of my angel-pies are teething. Last night, I really wished I could sleep. They woke me up, like 6 times. I really don't want to nurse haeven at night any more, but she is soo damn persistant! She will sit there next to me (after taking my covers off several times) and wait till I go to sleep! Then she latches on. What a little devil, hey? And now she's taken to pooping in her diaper when she wakes up, ewwwww.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! To all the other babies that I missed while I was gone

And MERRY SOLSTICE/YULE/HANNUKA/X-MAS!!!

Fern~ yep we got the package. Thank-you for all the little treasures Did elfwynn like his digger book? How are you doing? I've been wanting to phone you, but we can't phone long distance, and I don't have my own phone card.

x-mas was nice and quiet. On x-mas eve, we went to some friends place, and on the 25th opened presents. I gave haeven a little "princess" wand, a silk fairy dress, and some books. I got a toaster oven. I agree with the idea of not having all the presents on x-mas morning, as the babies don't even know what to look at first. I actually wanted to open one each day for awhile, but my DP didn't want to do that. We also had a really nice solstice diner on the sunday before solstice, where we all lit a candle and set an intention for the year. It was very beautiful and powerful. And what a feast!!

So who was all in the original dec/nov 02 babies tribe? were some of you here when you were pregnant as well?

exercise.... play in the snow! That's what I do. But I suppose a lot of ya don't have any snow, hey? Are some of you wearing shorts outside in this time of year?
#370 of 399 Old 12-29-2004, 10:57 PM

Ming doesn't nurse anymore or sleep in our bed but lately she's been waking up every hour or so. sometimes it's cuz she needs water (or so she says) but other times she just wakes up for no apparent reason. i go in and ask her what's the matter, sometimes she just needs a hug or a kissor for me to stay in there a min or two with her. dh says i shouldn't encourage her by giving her water but he has this whole "you'll do this cuz i say so" thing. i feel like i'm doing all i can but it's still stressful.
#371 of 399 Old 12-29-2004, 11:32 PM

i've only got a minute soooo....

rachel/brayg i've been thinking of you and hope that you are healing.......

solsticemama, i saw your original post and totally agree... im not sure why you edited so i wont say anything more.

jasana! missed you and glad you are back online...

more later i promise
#372 of 399 Old 12-29-2004, 11:33 PM

haha. my husband knows that when he tells me to do something i am likely to rebel or do it more just because he said so. our kids are that way too. i'm sorry your dh is being bossy. i have been there.

things to do that moderate nightnursing.....i see there are two ways to go. let it run unfettered and be very accessible like no bra no shirt, have a drink before bed so you don't wake as easily. other way is to make physical barriers. put a big pillow between you and the child or put the child on the other side of dad or sibling. ideally the child comes to find you or has to be loud and twitchy enough if you have a partner to bring them to you.

but as trini clearly points out and i know from talking to other mammas, kids will wake wherever they are sleeping and whether or not they are nursing. for my son reed, this meant holding him standing up, or laying with him in the living room with a movie and blanket. and yes, water retrieving.
i know that for clay, i was able to give him a sippy cup of water sometimes when he woke. but i HAD TO. i had no milk and he screamed worse in frustration. i guess i have let life changes dictate many of the have tos. i certainly find it more natural to change in these ways rather than make the decisions myself. generally if i do not feel sure, i do not have the energy to make it stick. you can bind your midsection or wear so many clothes that they cannot find your breasts but that usually means comforting and holding standing up instead. it requires changing the routine. are y'all nursing as often during the day??????

last week i took 5htp for a few days and it helped with my sleep.

i'm up for a private email group if you gals want. i am okay with exposing myself for the most part here, and occasionally there are things i would like to say but i do not because it is public. but i don't even remember what those things are, probably just complaints about other adults. there is no need for us to suck up mothering's space, but on the other hand i know that the most private seeming talk, like what we have here, is where i have found the best advice.
#373 of 399 Old 12-29-2004, 11:34 PM

We mighted weaned GA with the dr jay gordon plan at around 15 months. I work part time and I just couldn't handle it any more. She was nursing every 2 hours at that time. Now I don't nurse her until 4 am but she wakes up on the dot at 4 every night. She still wakes up at least once around 12-2 asking but i tell her no and sing and she goes back down. I have been wondering if cutting out the 4 am will reset her to sleeping all night without expecting to nurse. I am just afraid it will cause her to wake up earlier so I ahaven't tried it yet.

I've been here, mostly lurking, not much posting- since the pregnancy threads ..... wow that was OVER 2 years ago!

Amy
#374 of 399 Old 12-29-2004, 11:46 PM

Amy, Christopher didn't sleep through the night until he weaned completely at 16 months because I was pregnant and my milk supply disappeared. It was nice to get sleep after that since I was 3 months pregnant. I was more exhausted with my second pregnancy than my first.

We had a major score tonight. There is a teacher supply store that is closing its doors and they sold Brio Train sets. We got the last set in the store. It is a 150+ piece set and they were originally selling it for $600. We bought it tonight for $180. Add that to the $35 102 piece set we picked up from Target and Christopher is set for life with trains. DH and I are now trying to figure out whether we want to glue the track down permanently or not.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#375 of 399 Old 12-30-2004, 02:30 PM

that's a great deal! i love when i find deals like that, it's like sex! lol
#376 of 399 Old 12-30-2004, 04:00 PM

wow- so many posts these days!!

casina- i wish dd came to me to nurse in the middle of the night. she demands express service- nipple to her mouth- or else she totally wakes up. so i am used to rolling over and positioning myself that hopefully i can fall back to sleep, or at least stay near sleep land so i can fall back to sleep once she is done.
the nights around here have slightly improved- she is waking probably 2-3 x a night- i honestly can not keep track.
am i tired? yeah. but like another mama stated (casina?) i have the rest of my life to sleep. (in theory anyway. :LOL) i just can't imagine nightweaning just yet. maybe never? i have never even approached the idea with her. i guess i would feel more comfortable doing that when she approaches 3, or maybe 2.5 depending on things. her comprehension is amazing, so i guess i could start to talk about it..... i dunno, i relly love nursing, so i guess it remains bearable wven when i am sleep deprived and grumpy.

ok, i'm babbling now. so i think i'll stop.
#377 of 399 Old 12-30-2004, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkprincessmama
solsticemama, i saw your original post and totally agree... im not sure why you edited so i wont say anything more.
Well it seems that a few other mommas here are also interested. What I originally said was that we seem to be down to about 8 or 9 mommas who regularly post yet the thread gets hundreds of hits each day. I'm so enjoying this journey with y'all but I'm starting to feel the pull to something less public. Maybe our own chat room or something. Anyone else?

Casina, your post put things in perspective for me and clarified some realities, thank-you.

Welcome back mamaJ.

Brayg, how are you feeling, momma?
#378 of 399 Old 12-30-2004, 09:30 PM

I completely understand you mommas wanting to have something yourselves that is private. Esp those who contribute the most here. But as someone who doesn't post much I have to say I get so much from your collective wisdom and I would really miss it

Amy
#379 of 399 Old 12-31-2004, 02:14 AM

well, i weaned reed at 2, and weaning him for going to sleep and at night was basically weaning since he would not nurse during the day. i already had almost no milk and was getting big with clay. i could not tolerate the nursing acrobatics and his latch was poor. my husband told me i needed to wean to save the family since i seemed so bitter, and that way i would not feel so responsible and get an emotional break before the new baby came. thinking back, i can see how much we have all changed. i would not allow dh to sway me to such a decision (against my heart) again. but then, i would not feel that undecided again and need his judgments. so i learned the only way someone as hardheaded as i am, by experience, that i would regret doing that again.

it is also much much easier to nurse children at whatever age when there is a much bigger child around! when i focus on ruby, she seems like a little person, and then two much larger little people interrupt that idea.
#380 of 399 Old 12-31-2004, 02:47 AM - Thread Starter

Solsticemama, are you aware that every time anyone (including regular posters) looks at the thread, it gets a "view?" What I mean is, there was a day when I tried several times to post but never made it through all the reading, and so I viewed this page ten times and didn't get to post a word. Every time we open it, even if it's only for a second, another view is registered. I think those numbers are seriously artificially inflated is what I'm saying. I'm sure there are lurkers here, but I'm not feeling "watched" although I guess I should be. I don't know. I'm all in favor of a Yahoo!Group, though, if someone wants to start one. Lemme know!

I got some wellbutrin today, but buspar is apparently category C for nursing even though it's B for pregnancy. That's a real bummer, but I'm hoping the wellbutrin is enough for now. I also had some blood drawn to check my thyroid function, as thyroid problems could be a cause not only of my depression and horrible mood but of my overwhelming fatness.

I saw some cute jeans in the women's department at Penney's. Hopefully they'll go on clearance someday, but I was happy just to see something there that looked like you wouldn't have to be over 60 to be comfortable in it. :LOL

#381 of 399 Old 12-31-2004, 03:37 PM

You know, I have been thinking that we need a private group for about a year now... I didn't want to say anything because I thought no one would see the point in it, like "why not just post it on MDC?" But sometimes MDC is down for days at a time and I so wish I could talk to you ladies somehow! I like the format of an msn group better, it's easier for me to read the threads, but a yahoo goup is ok too... I like posting here as always. We need to start a new thread for this group again soon, too. I love how big we are!!! I have been posting with this group since Zachary was about 5 months old I think. That's when I became a member of MDC and learned more about CD'ing beyond prefolds! WOW, what a wonderful world I have been exposed to!!!

Zachary, my sweet little cherub, didn't take a nap yesterday so he went to bed at 6:30pm, which usually isn't a problem, this kid can sleep 12 hours after being up for 12. But for some reason it was a problem last night because he woke up at 8, and 10 (DH put him back to bed at that time since I was in a deep sleep), then at 11:30 (I was too sleepy to know what I was doing so I let him in my bed, then woke up at 1am and put him back in his bed), then at 2, then again at 6. Between all those wakings and nursings from Zachary, Julianna woke up once for a bottle of water and a re-cover with the blankies, and Crystal's food pump kept alarming and alarming for some unknown reason. It was great. DH had to get up really early this AM for work, so I had kid duty last night and just didn't sleep good AT ALL. Lucky me, I woke up this morning to my cycle starting, and a blinding migraine. And just 5 minutes ago DH called me to say that his cell phone is broken and he needs a new one- this after just getting a brand new electric guitar and a GNX-4 (EXTREMELY expensive guitar toy) for Christmas. I swear, if there's any possible way for this guy to spend money, he will figure it out (even if we don't have any). I'm sorry to complain, but I had to vent. I'm actually in a good mood despite all this crap, because I have a bottle of champagne in the fridge for tonight. Not doing anything special for New Year's Eve, just staying in and keeping it mellow...

Jasanna, I'm not wearing shorts because I haven't shaved my legs in eons, but it's 55 degrees here, and a little overcast. It rained the past few days, but it should be sunny this weekend. That's "winter" in the southwest...
I miss the snow a lot (but not driving in it!) :LOL

Rynna- I saw a show on the History Channel with a guy named Eliyahu in it, he's a professor at Hebrew Univ. studying the Bible Code. Interesting stuff, and it was cool to see anothe Eliyahu! Also, a few months ago you mentioned that Eli's feet were about as wide as they are long, and I couldn't really picture it, but I saw a kid the other day with feet like that! They were like little squares on the bottom of his legs, so fat and wide. It took me about 15 minutes to put his shoes in, and they were extra wide Stride Rights. I couldn't believe how wide they were- I am sure it is insanely hard finding shoes for your Bean!

Happy New Year's Eve to all

#382 of 399 Old 12-31-2004, 04:07 PM

I have never been in any yahoo or MSN group, so I have no idea how to go about doing that. Do we all get mail in our mailbox when someone replies? I fear that if we did that, it would be harder to keep it up. MDC is so easy to just log onto and get everything you need, KWIM?

anyhoo, here's some new pictures of my little monsters for yall to see.

http://www.picturetrail.com/mamajaza (winter2004)
#383 of 399 Old 12-31-2004, 04:54 PM

leah- my dh sounds just like yours in regards the the spending issue. and then he gets depressed when we are broke. he has gottem MUCH better, but still h as to work on it.

and our night last night was awful too!!! dd just kept waking up, and i think she had a bad dream at one point too.

going to look at mamajaza's pix now......

#384 of 399 Old 12-31-2004, 06:03 PM

Just FYI- yes, Jasanna, you can get e-mail notifications of posts on msn and yahoo groups. You can choose to get individual notifications of each post, or a "daily digest" which is one e-mail containing all the day's posts.

#385 of 399 Old 12-31-2004, 06:06 PM

I like the idea of a private group, but am not sure how to set one up.

mamajaza, thanks for sharing all those pics! i loved them. It was fun to see what's outside your kitchen window. The weather here is insane. Last week we had flurries!! amazingly rare for where I live, and it was in the 30s (farenheit) all week with very cold nights. Today it is freaking 77 degrees outside! im wearing shorts and a sleeveless shirt! It's enough to make anyone crazy. Oh and leah, I haven't shaved in about six months!

Mariah had either a bad dream or very good one last night. She woke up crying and pointing up to the ceiling and saying "I need _____ I need _____" We couldn't figure out what the third word says. I don't know if she had a bad dream, or as dh suggested maybe she had a very good dream and was upset when she woke up and didn't have whatever she had in the dream.

We met with my midwife today and heard the heartbeat and the little one kicking and thumping around I really really really love my midwife, she is so laid back and totally leaving everything up to me. I love that she is so respectful of my choices.

Happy New Year's Eve everyone.... we aren't doing anything either. We aren't even planning to stay up till midnight! Haven't done that in several years now :LOL I have a little giftie for dd for tomorrow and we are going to try to make the day special since we didn't celebrate any of the winter holidays this year.
#386 of 399 Old 12-31-2004, 08:42 PM

it is very easy and self explanitory to set up a yahoo group. I moderate a local mom's group here and a bunch for work. Go you Yahoogroups.com and click on start a group and follow the prompts. If you want it private make sure that the moderator has to approve all members before joining.

DH and I always have fondue on NYE b/c that is want my parents always did. It is their anniversary (my dad is dutch) It will be great this year b/c they are here for a visit. We are planning to have it after GA goes to bed.

Tomorrow we are having a brunch/open house all day. To celebrate the new year and have a cake for GA. We didn't tell anyone it is her bday though so we will only get presents from those who know. (we hope anyway we have been inundated with hanukah/xmas/birthday already)

Us non frequent posters will miss you guys

Amy
#387 of 399 Old 12-31-2004, 10:15 PM

Amy, I know you don't post often, but you do post consistently. I'm sure we can find a happy medium

Rynna, I have been thinking of you all evening. How are you feeling these days? I wish so badly that I lived near enough to help you out - watch Eli while you take Rivkah to the doc, or watch them both while you work out or something. Have I told you how much I love your kid's names?
#388 of 399 Old 01-01-2005, 07:40 AM

THanks everyone for letting me jump on in to announce and celebrate my two yo's birthdays. I've been wanting to join this group for a while and I am just now getting around to it.

Hi Punk. I've got Zoomba's doll ready btw.
#389 of 399 Old 01-01-2005, 11:09 AM

Hi Hotmamacita

Thank you very much for the doll i can't wait to meet you, we have a lot to talk about!! And Zoom is in need of some two year olds to play with, I was so excited to see you post here. PM me let's work out a time to meet soon
#390 of 399 Old 01-01-2005, 10:15 PM

hey mommas,

weve been out and about visiting people. we took a ferry boat to victoria and spent a few days with my friend and her 7 month old son. we traveled all day yesterday..bus..boat..car..train..foot to get home to timothy and our own little house. its VERy cold here..well it feels cold to me.. im not used to anything below minus 2 and i think its well below. everything outside is frozen solid and the wind is bitter. we had a nice fire last night and snuggled up and went to bed at about 9..so much for partying it up..but i felt happy and today has been quiet and nice. im glad to be home.

jazz, im happy that you liked the package. and your pictures are lovely. we miss you three so much and i know i say it all the time, but its true. i know that i should call you but i hate talking on the phone..but if you want me to call you i will it would be nice for elwynn and haeven to talk to eachother sometimes.

elwynn managed to get sick on our travels and this morning he barfed all over the couch and himself. it was gross! id just given him some fish oil and a vit. C so now the couch smells like fish oil. yuck.

we have a few new pics to put up on out site too. its nice to be back.

love fern and elwynn

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page