The Second Birthdays are here! *Nov/Dec 02* - Page 14 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#391 of 399 Old 01-02-2005, 01:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
fern~two grumpy babies need my attention........ now where was i? I'd love it if you'd phone me Did elwynn like the other presents I gave him? Haeven (and me) enjoys the wooden xylophone. Haeven is sick too (and Samaya, and marty, but not me) There's a whole lotta snot drippin' goin on around here.

I'm really getting to a point now with nursing haeven.... I just can't stand it so much of the time. I remember taking the "crunchy survey" a few months back, and I was at the top of the list of crunchiness:LOL as I *planned* on doing CLW, but I don't think I can do it. Haeven is sooooo DEMANDING!!!! (I wonder where she got that from? My mom says I was like that too) If she comes up to me wanting to nurse and I try to distract her, it usually doesn't work and so she knows she's being rejected and has a million freakin' tantrums a day. I'm really starting to feel like it's not a good idea to prolong this "I don't know if I want to nurse her anymore" stage. I have to make up my mind, and I don't think weaning her would be very great idea as samaya will still be nursing for quite awhile, and Haeven will get real jealous, I think, always seeing her sister nursing, and she can't have any. *Sigh*. But I tried sitting down with haeven nursing her as much as she wanted the other day..... got to about 45 min., and I was DONE! God, I have other things to do in my life. I love the idea of CLW, but I don't think I can handle it. Maybe it's because I'm still so young.... I don't have much patience.
#392 of 399 Old 01-02-2005, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter

Punk-- Thanks! I love my kids' names, too. They're great fun, and different, even though they're very common in some places. In fact, at least one of the other Jewish mommies here has two kids with the same names as mine!

I'm actually feeling pretty decent today. Mike said I could take $25 of what was going to be our charge payment this month and get some jeans. I managed to get a whole outfit for that, including a bra!!!! The jeans are cute and were $7.82, and the bra (a gigantic nursing bra which someone must have ordered from the catalog and returned) was only $6.77. I got a cute sweater top with the rest of the money. I'm so freaking happy! Having clothing that actually fits, even though the size is embarassing, is such a lovely change of pace! So I have a pair of cute jeans and a sweater to wear, and a bra that reminded my husband why big boobs are sexy (he'd long since forgotten). :LOL Yay!

Two pairs of jeans ought to work well enough for a while. Wearing the same thing every single day is just so depressing! It's totally demoralizing, and just makes me so miserable.

My BooBah is very kissable.

I'm absolutely committed to CLW, because right now I really feel like I'm short-changing BeanBean. I've been so angry and unhappy all the time, and short tempered and sometimes downright mean that I feel like I owe him his nursies. Isn't that awful? : I'm really hoping the medication will help me, because I don't want to scar my kids for life. *sigh*

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#393 of 399 Old 01-02-2005, 10:10 AM

Hi all. Haven't had the time post as much as I want.

Anyhoo, I wanted to say that I, too, am down to wearing the same pants every day. Nothing else fits. My jeans are actually too big and won't stay up. Plus, they just look horrible being so big.
Whenever I have a little money to 'spare', I end up spending it on whatever ds needs. That's the way it has to be. I did get a couple of tops (blazer/jacket type) for myself for xmas but I still desperately need long sleeve tops and also pants. Oh yeah, and socks (i only have 2 pair!). While I'm at it, I need underwear. The ones I have are all droopy. hahahah.
It's true that you feel awful when you wear the same thing over and over again. I feel like scum.

Oh well.
On a happy note, my older brother has been released from the hospital and is now home!!! (he had almost died).
He truly is a miracle. He gets frustrated and scared about the side effects but at least he is alive and able to enjoy time with his wife.

Blessings,
Liz
#394 of 399 Old 01-02-2005, 01:35 PM

my computer is on the fritz and i posted something last night..or tried.. but i wanted to say hi !
we miss you guys.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#395 of 399 Old 01-02-2005, 05:44 PM

hi everybody!! long time no post for me. things have been kinda hecktic! my dp has a month off from school and it has been nice but i'm actually ending up with less time i've also been having some health issues that i'm trying to work out. (i have been some kind of sick 10 times since it got cold, and i got to throw up for christmas ) it's been really frustrating so i've been trying to simplify things. i also think there's some kind of winter blues going on. sounds like i'm not the only one. anyway razi has been so cute! saying funny things that sound exactly like me! the other day he said "wow! look at that big drum!" and he spilled some soy milk and yelled "Tavis! get a rag!" :LOL
#396 of 399 Old 01-03-2005, 12:00 AM

hey ladies. i'm depressed. i acknowledged it about a week ago out loud to a friend. i guess it's been going for awhile. nothing is really different, i'm just want to be alone and sleep for a month and my voice is sharper than i intend and i don't really want to eat and nothing is wonderful and thrilling and magical like it is usually. anytime it has happenned the past years i have grown to realize that it just goes away, and i just have to be careful not to think too much or do to many things and have expectations. trying to fix it usually makes it worse. i just keep picturing my kids as the lovely yummy babies when they are aggravating me and sometimes i grit my teeth when i'm half asleep and they seem to be okay i mean that they are basically happy and feel loved most of the time.
ruby is so grown up and savvy. we just checked out a horse book for her at the library. she got a bag to put it in and told the librarian thank you and waved bye bye.

rynna, i'm so glad you got some clothes. i'm living out of two jeans and a pair of corduroys myself. actually i have more of a shirt problem.
gotta get everyone in bed.
#397 of 399 Old 01-03-2005, 01:59 AM

I was having a hard time with clothes till I decided, I was going to shop on those "boxing day sales". I found a beautiful hemp shirt for just 15$ and I bought one of these cool shirts my DP's friends make (hemp too) for a great deal. I love to find good deals on great environmentally friendly clothes! So I feel like I'm set now. for awhile.

So what's goin' down? Are we going to set up a yahoo, or msn group, or start another thread for january?
#398 of 399 Old 01-03-2005, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

I think someone should start a january thread.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#399 of 399 Old 01-03-2005, 01:58 PM

Good morning

I started another one here.........http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=232519

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page