The Second Birthdays are here! *Nov/Dec 02* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 399 Old 11-10-2004, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey mamas! It's been a whirlwind around here and I just have a minute. Rynna, I can't believe the story about BeanBean, you must have freaked. Tyson is not even close to opening doors yet, but loves to close himself in various places and then yell for me to come get him out. It must be the age about Daddy going to work because DS is the same way right now. All day he says, "I go Daddy's office?" He is also very sad to see DH's truck leave every morning.

We tore up our living room and kitchen on SUnday and painted it all and jsut finished putting everything back together. It looks great but DH and I always seem to get snippy with each other in the middle of these projects.

We are seeing a surgeon tomorrow about the penny. We had another x-ray today and it's still in the stomach so that means if they decide to go get it an endoscopy should work.

Tyson turns two on Friday. He loves to tell people that his birthday is coming and then he holds up all his fingers smooshed together and says, "I 2 years old!" So freaking cute! He will have a truck cake and his cousins to be wild with, pizza and popcorn to eat (his faves).

Happy HUmp Day everyone. I swear I look more forward to the weekends now as a sahm than I ever did while working!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 399 Old 11-10-2004, 10:21 PM

: I totally didn't even realize that we moved to a new topic! I'm very guilty of just reading the messages in the email notification...lotta good that did me! :LOL

Anyhoo...lots of stuff going on in this thread that I can't keep up with, but I'll just say "hi" and announce that we just found out we are expecting again! Due in July (oh how I can't wait to have a summer baby!!!).
#63 of 399 Old 11-10-2004, 10:52 PM

CONGRATS!!!!!!
#64 of 399 Old 11-10-2004, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats, Rachel! Having a summer baby is loads of fun. I didn't want to have a summer baby (in fact, if we hadn't gotten pregnant, September was going to be our last month TTC) because while I was carrying BeanBean I was always so freaking hot and I couldn't imagine being any bigger over the summer than I was with him. When I was pregnant with BooBah, however, I was freezing until about the 15th of June. :LOL Bizarre!

I'm not sure if going to work is an age thing for BeanBean or if it has to do with attachment to daddy (sort of related but sort of not). When BeanBean was about 9 months old, he started freaking out about Mike going to work; we put him to bed later so that he wouldn't wake up when Mike did and that helped somewhat. When Mike got home, BeanBean would jump on him, but in the morning's he'd be okay. We had a flare-up again at 11 months, and at that point we phased out naps. :LOL Then he'd wake up, look out the window and say "Where daddy? Daddy is at work." It's usually okay if he's asleep when Mike leaves, but if he's awake, the world will end. :LOL The problem now is that I need more sleep than BeanBean does, so if I go to bed and he comes with, he wakes up to see Daddy off. *sigh*

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#65 of 399 Old 11-11-2004, 12:02 AM

thanks mamas! It hasn't sunk in yet!
#66 of 399 Old 11-11-2004, 12:44 AM

rachel! woo-hoo!
#67 of 399 Old 11-11-2004, 01:48 AM

Blessings Rachel.
#68 of 399 Old 11-11-2004, 02:25 AM

Oh Rachel, I'm so happy for you! You've wanted another baby for quite a while. You and punkprincess will have to exchange notes.
#69 of 399 Old 11-11-2004, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mamajaza*
You and punkprincess will have to exchange notes.
We allready have I am so excited that Rachel and I are pregnant together
#70 of 399 Old 11-11-2004, 04:21 PM

Thanks mamas!! Yep...Carrie and I planned it. :LOL
#71 of 399 Old 11-11-2004, 05:30 PM

congradulations brayg!!!
#72 of 399 Old 11-11-2004, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkprincessmama
We allready have I am so excited that Rachel and I are pregnant together

oops that didn't come out quite right :

hopefully y'all know what i mean......
#73 of 399 Old 11-11-2004, 06:02 PM

: I didn't even notice that! LMAO!
#74 of 399 Old 11-11-2004, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkprincessmama

oops that didn't come out quite right :

hopefully y'all know what i mean......
: That'd be quite a feat! :

#75 of 399 Old 11-13-2004, 08:41 PM

hahaha.. the things we say

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#76 of 399 Old 11-13-2004, 09:31 PM

MamaFern, those pics of Elwynn are just heart melting!!! What a love . Zoom espesially loves the one of him with his "Hel-ih-cop-ter" thanks so much for sharing, i can see that he is the light of your life
#77 of 399 Old 11-14-2004, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter

Just got home-- Miss BooBah spent some time in the hospital this weekend. (Short version: she's fine. )

BeanBean missed her so much!! When I got home with her, he went right to her, unbuckled her carseat and just held her and kissed her for ages. It was super sweet! He had that big, proud grin he always gets when he holds her, and he didn't want to let her go. He totally ignored Mamma in favor of his sister! :LOL I absolutely love watching them together, it's just too cute for words.

#78 of 399 Old 11-14-2004, 08:22 AM

oh mama fern, what sweet pix! hey, what kind of shoes is elwynn wearing w/ the halloween costume? they look warm!

eilonwy- sorry you had a difficult weekend. glad your dd is home and doing ok.
#79 of 399 Old 11-14-2004, 10:17 AM

wow, what a weekend eilonwy I'm so glad everything turned out okay.
#80 of 399 Old 11-14-2004, 03:01 PM

HUgs eilonwy!

We had a great birthday party last night. Lot's of cousins, cake and presents. Several times in the night last night Tyson was talking about his new toys in his sleep. ONe of the joys of co-sleeping is to hear them talking in their sleep!

I think we must be dealing with the 2 year molars now. DS is crabby and stuffy. He's had a rough morning so far and I just hope he takes a nice, restful nap. I hope you all have great weeks!
#81 of 399 Old 11-14-2004, 03:17 PM

so what new toys did all of your newbie 2 year olds recieve? and what are their favorites?
#82 of 399 Old 11-14-2004, 04:13 PM

more HAPPY birthdays! where does the time go? werent our little babe's just in our arms yesterday?

eilonwy: its good to hear that everything is going okay. but it must be pretty stressful going in and out of the hospital..

punk: thanks elwynn is very much the love and light of my life..he calls helecopters "copers" hahaha..

and...the shoes he is wearing are padraig cottage slippers..hand spun/dyed wool..they are lovely. i have a pair and his pappa and his grama and haeven and samaya and jasanna too! they are hand made in north vancouver, very close to where i grew up.. so i just stop by their wee shop when i want something..but you can order them online just look up padraig cottage.they have a website.

we are farm sitting at my aunties this weekend.. elwynn is busy feeding the dog rice with a spoon and im felting felting felting for a big waldorf christmas fair that we are doing in a week!. im making gnomes and woodland people..little people with hoods or Erk's as elwynn calls them?!..mushrooms, birds..sheep...balls... soon ill have pics of the stuff i make on my picture page.its very exciting.

last night my auntie and i stayed up till the wee hours of the morning dying wool..oh the colours are amazing! reds and yellows and oranges and blues and turquoises and greens and browns! i love wool and i love making stuff with it.. if any one needs costom made wool toys for christmas/birthdays let me know

fern

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#83 of 399 Old 11-14-2004, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

BeanBean got three wooden puzzles and some blue jeans, size 2 slim (they're big in the waist, :LOL). I gave him a little wooden train that I found at Tuesday Morning on his actual birthday (not at the party). Oh, he got a car. The cake was a HotWheels cake and had a little car on it, and one of those launching thingies. He loves cars! :LOL My sister gave him a gift card to JC Penney's, and we're probably going to get him overalls with that. Maybe some socks, too. :LOL

#84 of 399 Old 11-14-2004, 05:37 PM

MamaFern I love the images you shared of felting with your auntie into the wee hours of the morning, all those wonderful colors and your enjoyment of the textures and different figures. We recently went to a Waldorf puppet show and Mukti really liked the puppets which were large felted dolls. Maybe I'll pm you about making us one The pics of you and your family are lovely.

Eilonwy glad to hear your dd is doing better.

BethKm what's happening with the penny? Has it come it out yet?

We've got a flat tire. Dh is working 1.5 hrs away and I still haven't learned how to change a tire : It's making me think of my mom who raised us without ever driving us anywhere since she didn't have a driver's license. My dad did all the driving. An afternoon without the car is inconvenient but years and years of it is something to think about!

We're moving in a few weeks so we're starting to be surrounded by boxes. Mamas who've moved, how did you help your dc with the process?
#85 of 399 Old 11-14-2004, 06:58 PM

we are moving in a few eeks too..so like you there are boxes everywhere..elwynn doesnt seem to mind much. hes been helping me pack..but he calls it "clean up" the good thing about our move is that we are moving to a familiar house..his grama's..she is going to mexico so we are renting it. i think the most important thing is just making sure that they know that they wont be left behinfd. i try to make it fun and exciting too.,

i'd love to make puppets.!.ive been thinking of ideas for finger puppets but i hadnt even thought about hand puppets..oh the possibilities! i know ill be very busy this winter felting..last year i was knitting but felting is much faster..

solsticemomma:ick. cars.. i feel your pain ive never gotten my liscence and people always bug me about it but i really dont want to.. i like bikes myself..

yesterday when i was riding around doing errands the nut holding my pedal on fell off and i lost it...so i ended up walking everyhwere instead cause i didnt have the tool to fix it or another nut..it took me 3 hours rathewr than one..but it wasnt raining and i had some me time so it worked out.

Quote:

#86 of 399 Old 11-14-2004, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *solsticemama*
We've got a flat tire. Dh is working 1.5 hrs away and I still haven't learned how to change a tire : It's making me think of my mom who raised us without ever driving us anywhere since she didn't have a driver's license. My dad did all the driving. An afternoon without the car is inconvenient but years and years of it is something to think about!
I grew up in a household without a car; my mother couldn't drive. She couldn't pass the vision test after they changed it (so you had to actually be able to see with both eyes ) and had no desire to learn anyway, since her father died in a car accident when she was nearly 14. Four kids, one parent, no car. It was pretty crappy. :LOL When I married Mike, I got my learner's permit, and two years later (when BeanBean was a few months old) I got my license. Back in May, for the first time in my life, I became part of a two-car family. I still can't believe I have my own car sometimes; just imagine, not only can I go to the grocery store any time I want to, but I can take the kids with me! And I don't have to figure out how many bags I'll be able to handle at the bus stop or for the walk home, or how to arrange them on my back & bike so I can still maneuver. It's absolutely incredible to me, and I still marvel over it often.

I did, however, learn to change a tire. There are actually instructions in the owner's manual of both the minivan and the car. There's a jack, a spare tire, and directions. Since the minivan is really designed for a female driver, I'm confident that I could manage the tire change even without the greatest tool of all (the AAA membership which MIL bought us for our birthdays :LOL) and that's a good thing, because I don't have a cell phone. :LOL

Once when we only had the Saturn and Mike was driving to work (BeanBean and I were in the car so that I could have it for the day) a tire blew out, and Mike pulled over to put on the spare. A few minutes later, a bright green tow truck pulled up; apparently, DOT tow trucks roam around on the busiest highways during rush hour, looking for people who need help! The kid driving was very sweet and helpful. Mike was nearly finished changing the tire, but he helped with the last bit (getting the blown tire back into the trunk) and had some wipes which took the grease right off of our hands. That was very cool! It's nice to see tax dollars doing something useful, you know?

#87 of 399 Old 11-14-2004, 09:52 PM

I'm getting my own mini van soon . It's my mom's, so I know it was treated well, and she selling it to me for just 2, 000. And is letting me pay for it in payments. . It's so *new* too (1994!!), wow! As you can see, I'm not swimming in cash over here:LOL I really need a car, because we live so far out of town, and when my partner works, I'm stranded, and the old car is falling apart (windows won't roll down/up, door won't close) And one day I can use the mini-van to go on camping trips and whatnot. And it seats seven... I can start my own taxi service.
#88 of 399 Old 11-14-2004, 11:34 PM

Congrats on the van, Jasanna!

Great news on the pregnancy, Rachel! You have been waiting so long! I can't wait for my turn... :LOL

I can't belive my little boy will be 2 in two weeks. I just can't even grasp that concept... He does NOT seem 2!!! I remember when he was a teeny tiny little guy...

Zachary has started saying "Oh, man!" instead of "Oh, no!" It is the FUNNIEST thing! He must have heard it from one of us, but I didn't realize DH or I said it that often. Funny what they pick up.

Good night, girls...

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#89 of 399 Old 11-15-2004, 04:01 PM

Thanks for asking about the penny, I never can remember who I've updated and who I haven't... we saw a surgeon about the penny last week on THurs. He said there is a greater risk associated with putting Tyson to sleep and scoping him to remove it than to wait for it to pass. He thinks the reason it hasn't passed is because his tummy and intestines are too small. So, he thinks it may be awhile until he grows enough to let it pass. I'm still supposed to watch for signs of blockage/bowel perferation etc. The surgeon doesn't think it looks like a penny either, rather something bigger. I still think it is a penny but I guess only time will tell. So, we are glad not to have to meet our deductable this year with a surgery ($4000!) but I'm still kind of uncomfortable with the whole situation.
#90 of 399 Old 11-15-2004, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Beth-- did I read that correctly? You have to wait for him to grow big enough to let the penny (or whatever it is) pass?? Yikes! I can't imagine! Well, I suppose I can-- I have to wait for BooBah to grow to see what her kidneys will do (if they'll be able to function well enough as she grows). I'm not a big fan of the waiting game, myself, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do, right?

BeanBean is extra clingy today. I have no idea why-- probably because I've been upset with him, if I had to hazard a guess. : I'm working on it, but I really need time to meditate and clear my head without my kids around to function well, and I just haven't been getting it lately. *sigh*

Before BooBah was born, I never thought of BeanBean as a spirited or difficult child. I honestly thought that he was an easy baby! Looking back, that's probably not entirely the case. At 4.5 months, BooBah can wake up, look around, and soothe herself enough to get back to sleep; when BeanBean was that age, he'd scream bloody murder if Mamma wasn't there (even if he had no desire to nurse). If I put BooBah down in the stroller (she sits up, so the kicky bounce doesn't work anymore) to go to the bathroom, she hardly seems to notice; BeanBean would freak out if I was out of visual range. I always said that BeanBean was an easy baby, because he wasn't colicky and didn't cry all the time, and if I was holding him/with him he was all right with other people. BooBah, on the other hand, is so much easier than BeanBean was it's like... well, like they're entirely different babies! :LOL She's so easy that she makes BeanBean look like he was really difficult.

I don't know where I'm going with this... just rambling, I suppose

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page