The Second Birthdays are here! *Nov/Dec 02* - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-07-2004, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rachel.

I had a very long day.. BooBah had some appointments and I got lost on the way, then we had some very long waits.... my niece insisted on coming. See, she's been to Hershey Park, and she heard me say I was taking BooBah "to Hershey." I explained several times that it was Penn State Hershey Medical Center, that it was a hospital and not an amusement park, but part of her was absolutely certain, in the way only a seven year old can be, that there would be something fun about it. I'm glad she came, because she was able to chase BeanBean a bit, but she did not have a good time. :LOL I reminded her that I do not lie to children-- when I say something probably won't be fun, it probably won't be fun. I don't give advice just to hear myself talk! . Next time I take BooBah to Hershey, I don't think she'll ask to come along.

BeanBean was very frustrated and loud, ChibiChibi was very whiny and loud, BooBah was very uncomfortable and loud... I literally left with my ears ringing. I got to a point where I said "I am finished. I will not listen to any more yelling! No more yelling." I didn't get louder, but they could hear something in my voice that really imrpoved their behavior, just long enough for me to remain sane, get us out of there and into the car.

I am so jealous that there's snow up north! I wish it was snowing here... then I'd have an excuse not to drive anywhere. Part of me is really looking forward to the snow, and another part is depressed about it because BeanBean probably won't have winter boots this year . I am thinking of taking up a collection for them. If I can get $5 from everyone I know, maybe we can buy them. It's worth trying, anyway! I'm still holding out hope that he'll grow into a nice, normal, "extra wide" shoe so that I can buy them at the Stride Rite outlet like a normal person. :

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2004, 03:04 AM

oh rachel, i wish we could come help you.

zach may be noticing that he is peeing and having pootenanny. i would watch and consider that as one of the possibilities, that he is just being sensitive to knowing that something is happenning.

today i allowed the kids to delve into the rest of a box of sheetrock mud i couldn't use so now my front porch is covered with a big white mess and plenty of prints. now i'm wondering if it will really all wash off like it did off of them since i was feeling too bleah to do it immediately. i've needed to repaint the porch anyway, right?
Old 12-07-2004, 03:27 AM

well an eventful day around here! i was babysitting a little 3 mo. old today and when we got out of the car razi wanted me to carry him so i brought him inside and went to get the little baby out of the car. after i left razi decided it was a good time to turn the deadbolt. so razi was locked in and baby and i were locked out in the snow!! it took about 25 minutes for the landlord to get there, all the while me staring in the window at razi crying and saying 'hold ju mama'. it was so sad!! i was able to tell him about something in the fridge he wanted and that he should open it w/ his teeth. he was fine after that until i got in.

then tonight, razi and i were snuggling before nite nite and i had my cheek resting on his head and he was quiet for awhile and then said 'mama...i..luf..you' all on his own!! i totally started crying. i'm going to remember that moment for the rest of my life!

sending lots of healing vibes mamas!!
Old 12-07-2004, 03:41 AM - Thread Starter

Casina, what's pootenanny? :

The last time BeanBean told me his penis hurt, I looked and he was all red. I was fairly certain it was thrush, so I painted the tip with a bit of gentian violet ("I've got a purple penis! Purple penis, purple penis!!" :LOL) and two days later, it wasn't red anymore and he wasn't upset about it.

Old 12-07-2004, 09:22 AM

delurking to say that the new pix are so sweet!!!!! thanks mamas for sharing!

and Racheal, sending healing vibes your way.... so sorry...
Old 12-07-2004, 05:22 PM

WOW! We had a busy last few days and it looks like I have missed a lot! Tyson saw his first snow on Thanksgiving morning when we woke up with about 6 inches. He got bundled up and went outside with DH to shovel the driveway. He had a lot of fun but was kind of dissapointed with it was cold and uncomfortble to touch. I took some cute pics!

Sarita, I love the story about your ds saying he loves you! On Sat ds was sitting on Dh's lap and said to me, "mama, I love daddy!" It was so sweet. I love it that he is starting to express himself.

We are gearing up for an endoscopy tomorrow to retrieve the penny in ds's stomach. He will have general anesthesia and all that. We have to go to an unfamiliar hospital and all that crap. I am dreading it but so glad we will get it out and get on with life. Ds doesn't know about it yet. He's supposed to have nothing by mouth for 8 hours preop but I'm gonna nurse him when he wakes up, probably abour 4 hours preop. The breastmilk will be long gone by then and we'll all have a better morning.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethkm
He's supposed to have nothing by mouth for 8 hours preop but I'm gonna nurse him when he wakes up, probably abour 4 hours preop. The breastmilk will be long gone by then and we'll all have a better morning.
FYI, breastmilk is considered a clear liquid-- so he can have it as long as he can have a little bit of water.

Old 12-07-2004, 06:09 PM

oh and razi loooves the snow and likes to eat it so i have to watch him. he tried to eat an ice cycle that was hanging under the car today!! YUCK!
Old 12-07-2004, 07:24 PM

for some reason i'm not getting email notices regularly for this thread

Rachel, mama I'm so sorry and sending healing vibes your way Please know I'm thinking of you

Beth, I will be thinking of you and your ds tomorrow and hoping it all goes as well as possible.

Lovely pics Fern and Jazz, thanks for sharing
Old 12-07-2004, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Check out the new pictures! I've got BeanBean's second birthday party linked in my sig. What a cutie!

Old 12-08-2004, 01:04 AM

Thanks so much mamas! :*) It's been a rough week all around...last monday I found out I had an ectopic pregnancy, on Tuesday I had a d&c and a shot of methotrexate to take care of it. I found out on Wednesday that on Tuesday night they gave a very good friend of mine who is battling cancer, her last rites, Friday I was in pain because they say that on day 3, the methotrexate starts to work. Saturday I felt wonderful. Saturday night, my friend passed away. Sunday I started bleeding (didn't know I was bleeding till I got to the ER--I had SEVERE abdominal pain and was dizzy) and ended up with surgery. They first did the laporoscopy but then had to cut me through my c-section scar to take care of it because it was a lot larger than they could take care of with the lap. She was able to save my tube, though, with minimal damage, thank God! Got out of the hospital yesterday. Today was the wake. I just can't go to the funeral tomorrow--I'm still pretty sore. :*(

Anyhoo...that's what's going on here. I also didn't get an email notification. Sorry I didn't come back in here right away. Thanks again mamas! :*)
Old 12-08-2004, 01:08 AM

Looks like Elly had a blast! Birthdays are pretty fun... Thanks for sharing
Old 12-08-2004, 01:11 AM

i cross posted with you, brayg... wow, when it rains it pours, hey? Hopefully you can have some time to rest now after all of that!
Old 12-08-2004, 01:20 AM

Rachel

Sorry I have been away so long. David is a HN baby and requires a lot of my attention. We are doing good though. Christopher turned 2 on November 1st and we celebrated his birthday with DH having surgery so he could be at Christopher's party on the 6th. He made it even though he was in somewhat moderate pain. We had Christopher's party at Little Gym and had 14 guests show up. It was quite the affair.

Christopher is in love with his brother David. David will be 3 months on Friday and he loves smiling at Christopher. Chris likes to help soothe David, and help with the diaper changes. He also likes to wake David up. I wish he would learn the phrase "Don't wake your brother up!" It is amazing how fast time is flying by!

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
Old 12-08-2004, 01:24 AM

great pictures eilonwy. that is some cake!

i know elwynn would LOVE a cake with a car on it but im going to make him Mud pie! with worms and bugs and coconut snow..

he likes cars so much.. i really want to encourage other interests too..sometimes it drives me crazy..he always needs at least one in each hand while he falls asleep..as well as his bear and baby doll.. i guess i shouldn't complain..but i never thought that i would have a car obsessed child..

rachel at least it will be uphill from here!

so who is left for birthdays? is my guy the youngest?

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 12-08-2004, 01:26 AM

hi heather! welcome back.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 12-08-2004, 01:27 AM

Thanks all! :*)

Owen's bday is on the 13th.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:28 AM

Okay, Rynna, have I told you lately what a BEAUTIFUL family you have!! Eli's party looks like it was lots of fun, you got some great pictures

Rachel, what a week. I hope the healing can begin for you now. I am glad to hear that the doctor was able to save your tube. I had been wondering about that, but didn't want to ask.

Heather! Great to hear from you. Glad that everything is going well and that Christopher has adjusted so well. What did your dh have surgery for?

One more thing, Rynna, when do you guys usually get snow? I dont have a dollar to my name at the moment, but in a few weeks I may be able to send a little something your way so Eli can have some boots.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:28 AM

Thanks! MamaFern, Christopher likes to fall asleep with his stuffed Grave Digger Monster Truck. He has his stuffed skunk, stuffed dog, and truck with him in bed. Lately though his obsession has been the Choo-Choo. We are going to get him a wooden train set for Christmas and we are planning a trip to the Train Museum in Spencer, NC complete with a ride on a real train.

Rynna I can't believe how big Eli is let alone BooBah! Great pictures!

Punk, my DH had surgery to repair a fistual in his butt. Sitting was quite painful for a long while.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
Old 12-08-2004, 01:29 AM

Ha! Cross Posted with you Fern and Rachel :LOL

A mudpie cake!!! Mariah would LOVE that!! Please take pics!!
Old 12-08-2004, 01:40 AM

its pretty funny how we all end up posting at the same time..how weird!

elwynn and his dad just had a bath and i baked some more gingerbread cookies, since the ones i made yesterday dissapeared very fast! elwynn's favorite was the train.oh and the bus..and the "santa cause" and the car....actually i think he would eat them all if i let him..washed down with a glass of rice milk and he's happy as a clam. they are pretty healthy so i dont mind if my skinny kid has a big bedtime snack.sleep is the only time he doesnt wiggle and move.

he has bitten me twice lately while nursing. gosh i get upset when he does that. i shouldn't, but it hurts! i suppose its because he is teething..he did that often when he was getting new teeth before. yikes. i hope it passes soon!

punk: of course ill take pictures! i love taking pictures.you havn't noticed? :LOL

i took a vidio of elwynn and his dad in the bath and timothy was covering his parts with one of elwynn's stacking cups and that was the one elwynn wanted( of course) and kept taking it away. it was very funny.

Quote:

Old 12-08-2004, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

The car cake was grandma's idea. See, to celebrate the family birthdays, she asks us what kind of cake we like. I had apple pie, SIL had peppermint patty cake, Mike had the same cake as SIL with peanut butter icing instead of mint, and then it was time for BeanBean's birthday. I asked if maybe SIL would make an apple pie for him ( ) but she said she already knew what she was getting him, she'd seen a picture of the Hotwheels cake at WalMart. :LOL BeanBean pooped green for fully three days from the icing, but he couldn't have been happier with the car.

I really like the mud pie idea, I can't wait to see it! If it looks really gross, I bet my niece will ask for one for next year. :LOL She likes aliens and things that are gross and strange. :LOL

Punk-- that's so sweet! It should be snowing now, but it's been pouring down rain for the past week and a half. That cold, driving rain that seeps into your bones in a matter of seconds, making you feel as though you've never been dry before in your life and never will be again...*shiver*

Old 12-08-2004, 09:52 AM

i think rose and i have the youngest kids. her ds's is on solstice and mine is on xmas.
gret pictures rynna!!
Old 12-08-2004, 12:49 PM

Yep, Mona's right. Eilonwy, fun pics. I think Eli's hair is almost as long as ds's.

Rachel, how are you doing?

Mamafern, I looked at your pics again...can ds and I come over to play? :LOL
Old 12-08-2004, 02:21 PM

*solsticemama* you can all come over to play! wouldnt it be fun to have a nov/dec mommas and babe's get together?! i guess are spread all over the map though.. but maybe some day.

Mona: elwynn's birthday is dec 26th..

elwynn's hair is super curly, but when he is in the bath it goes down between his shoulder blades. i never want to cut it..its so lovely. infact, ive decided that i wont cut it till he asks me to.

eilonwy: eli pooped green! eeew. that cant be good!

Quote:

Old 12-08-2004, 05:11 PM

I'm doing ok Rose. Thanks. The human body just amazes me. How you can be sitting in a hospital bed, unable to move one day and just 24 hours later, be walking out of the hospital and 24 hours after that be taking care of your kids (not that I'm not in pain or anything, but still...) by yourself.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:23 PM

Sarita- how sad for Razi to be locked in the house!!! Glad everything turned out ok. Crystal likes to flip the switch for the power locks in the car- SOOOO frustrating! Especially in the middle of a Phoenix summer when the car is running and the A/C is on... We don't let her sit in the front anymore, and kid-lock is a marvelous invention. :LOL

I absolutely LOVE talking to my baby! We have full-fledged conversations now, it is very weird. He understands so much, and is talking so much everyday. He just said "Hi! Ut doin' mama? I stuck, mimming." He's playing in a laundry basket, pretending he's swimming...

Julianna is starting to talk way more too, FINALLY. We are so happy. Her 16 year old sister just had a baby girl, Faith Heavenly. I hope we can break the circle here- Julianna's mom and sister both had their first daughters when they were 16...

Fern, can you possible pm me your gingerbread cookie recipe? I don't have a good one. I really need to work on my baking skills- I can cook wonderfully, but baking is another story. Probably because baking requires exact measurements, whereas cooking only requires you to add ingredients until it tastes good!

Rachel, I am SO glad that your tube was saved. I only hope that you can heal quickly and become pregnant again soon... For now just rest as much as you can, and don't overdo it. I am sorry also for the loss of your friend. Get well soon, mama.

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

Old 12-09-2004, 07:58 PM

leah, ill pm you the recipe.. sorry it took so long..

its been quiet in here..! this thread sure goes in spurts.. just wondering how everyone is doing.. we are okay. just doing the usual.

fern and elwynn

Quote:

Old 12-09-2004, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberSun
Her 16 year old sister just had a baby girl, Faith Heavenly. I hope we can break the circle here- Julianna's mom and sister both had their first daughters when they were 16...
I think this is one of the reasons that my sister is so willing to let me bring ChibiChibi home with me-- she has no desire to be a 30 year old grandmother, and thinks that I have a better shot at preventing that than she does. As it is, even if Chibi waits until she finishes college, my sister could be a 35 year old grandmother.

Old 12-10-2004, 01:09 PM

Hey Fern, I'd love to have your recipe too when you get a chance

User Tag List