The Second Birthdays are here! *Nov/Dec 02* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-03-2004, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New thread! The old one is very long...:LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2004, 08:24 PM

oh momma's I am so depressed..... I cannot beleive how different thisa country is red/blue states. I live in blue ..actually about a half mile from John Kerry and I literally can't beleive this. I have realtives in amersterdam and DH had a real heart to heart last night about going there for the next few years ...stay tuned.

Words ...GA only talks in complete sentances these days. It makes me sad when we are in playgroup ....everyone else seems like a baby when they talk ...she seems so old.

Amy
Old 11-03-2004, 10:54 PM

wow, eilonwy, i think your dc is the first one in our group to turn 2! i have another almost 2 months (xmas). can't believe it.

abranger- yes, much to be sad about on this day. but trying to remain hopeful.

love and peace to all
Old 11-03-2004, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona
wow, eilonwy, i think your dc is the first one in our group to turn 2! i have another almost 2 months (xmas). can't believe it.
He's not, actually; I think there are three or four birthdays before his. Still, he's one of the older ones.

My state was blue, just barely. I'm really depressed about the election, but I guess this isn't the place to go into that.

Old 11-04-2004, 12:26 AM

My ds turns 2 on Dec 22. It's hard to believe. He, too, speaks in sentences. I speak in broken sentences and my mind wanders constantly. Ah, the joys of being a mom. hahah.
I have baby fever but I'm a single mom so looks like ds won't have a sibling any time soon, if at all. waah. I'm almost 38 and feel as though I'm running out of time to have another! aagh!

Where have our little babies gone?
Liz
Old 11-04-2004, 01:48 AM

my DD will be 2 on december 5th. It doesn't suprise me that shes getting to be a preschooler, as I already have another baby, so I'm busy, to say the least.

US election... it doesn't suprisse me. It was the biggest voter turnout (because of michael moore and farenheit 9/11, I assume), and yet bushy still won???? All of those extra voters this year where voting for Kerry, if they saw 9/11, so I smell one gigantous rat. I hope people riot in the streets. There is no democracy.

O.K., that's my rant for the US election.

Old 11-04-2004, 02:33 AM

Happy Birth Day to Razi (11/2)!

And to the other kiddoes who are just around the corner...

Zachary had the stomach flu the past few days so it has not been fun around here... He threw up in our bed two nights in a row so I had to wash the sheets and blankets twice, and got backed up on the household laundry and diapers... He has been attached to the bobby 24/7 because he doesn't feel good, and sleeping has been HORRIBLE. He wants to switch sides every 5 minutes and it's worse than a newborn! But I understand that he needs the milk so he won't get dehydrated, and he likes the comfort only mama can provide!

Zachary is still very confused about the gender thing. He says he's "Gacky Boy" and then I tell him how he and Daddy are boys because they have penises, and I'm a girl because I have bobbies... But then he argues with me that HE'S a girl! He wants to be whatever I am I guess. :LOL He and Julianna are very cute about each other's "parts"- they giggle and point as I name them, too cute!

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

Old 11-04-2004, 02:35 AM

I was just thinking- it would be really cool to keep a record of this whole thread, and all that we say about our DCs... What memories, huh?!? But think about how big THAT scrapbook would be- over a million pages by the times our babes are grown I bet! Just something I thought about...

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

Old 11-04-2004, 11:15 AM

Tyson will be two next week, Nov 12th. We will have a low-key family party. I'm loving buying him stuff because I know exactly what he would want. I find it so hard to buy for other kids but so easy to buy for my own!

BTW, we did the abdominal x-ray yesterday adn the penny is stuck in there. I'm waiting for the dr to call this morning and give me the plan. Hopefully just more waiting...but from what we saw it's fairly high and probably not moving very much. Tyson did pretty good with the x-ray. We practiced a lot right before we went and then used the same words to show him the equipment when we got there. He panicked once or twice and cried a little but overall did super.

ETA: Indiana is a big old red state, makes me feel like voting is useless but of course I do anyway. It would be nice to live somewhere that you feel like your vote counts.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:17 PM

Bethkm s to you and your little guy. Keep us posted.

: Happy Birthday Razi! and happy birthing day to his momma

Yesterday morning began early. Ds and I were lying in bed and he heard the garbage trucks on the street : 'Go see garbage truck', ds says. So out we went, mama just woken up and in pjs, ds quite awake and also in pjs. And there we stood in the dawn light on the street watching the garbage trucks load up all the garbage, mama shivering with cold and ds shivering with delight. The garbage collector let ds push the green button that hoists the containers up tho he wasn't too keen on being so close to the noise. The garbage collector and I then had a brief conversation about the state of the country. It was a textured start to the day.

Later we were in Home Depot and ds HAD to see the forklift in action. And on the way home we detoured so he could re-see the track excavator. I'm learning a whole new vocabulary :LOL

DecemberSun s to you and Zachary. Hope he feels better soon.

Nightnursing is back to being a harmonious experience. For now, anyway. It's always changing and the reasons seem so arbitrary. I don't know how I'm going to make the decision to nightwean. It's still in the theoretical stage. Tho I have to admit to being a teeny bit concerned about ds's teeth even tho all the studies say it has nothing to do with nightnursing and more to do with the genetics of the child's teeth. And everyone on the ebfing board would say the same. But all the kids I know who have had really bad dental issues have been big nightnursers so I'm not sure where the reality sits YK. Any other nightnursers share this concern at all?
Old 11-04-2004, 01:55 PM

no concern on the teeth for me.
i'm on a number of dental groups, and they all pretty much say the same thing- genetics is the biggist issue. some argue that nursing even strenghtens the teeth, which makes sense to me.

Old 11-04-2004, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not worried about the teeth. We've all got great teeth; besides, breastmilk does have a lot of sugar in it, but it's also got macrophages in it to eat bacteria away. It's good stuff, and if he needs it at night, he needs it at night.

Old 11-04-2004, 03:36 PM

Well, the word came down that we will wait another week for the penny to appear and if not, repeat the x-ray at that time. The nurse at the office said it is still in his stomach. So, good news for now.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:04 PM

My baby is 2 today and her big sister is 14. I can't believe it. It is all happening so quickly. Slow down girls!
Old 11-04-2004, 10:12 PM

And speaking politically, I am seriously scared for this country and my children.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *solsticemama*
Ds and I were lying in bed and he heard the garbage trucks on the street : 'Go see garbage truck', ds says.
We do this once a week! BeanBean loves it. Most mornings he just stands up and looks out the window, but when we do go outside it's a huge adventure. :LOL

This morning when BeanBean climbed over to my side of the bed to nurse, BooBah was nursing. He just crawled to the other side of me and burrowed against my back instead of what he's been doing (throwing a hysterical crying fit for "NNUUUUUURRSSSSIIIIEEEEESSSS!!") so we has a nice, quiet morning. BooBah finished and took her thumb, I rolled over and nursed BeanBean.

Is it insane to wish for BeanBean to learn to suck his thumb? : I think it'd make my life so much easier!

Old 11-05-2004, 03:47 PM

Haeven has been nursing "behind my back"(:LOL) since samaya was born. It's amazing, I realize, how much of an adjustment she has had to make, but is still a fairly good girl. She has her bad moments, as do we all. But she loves her little sister, and they were "talking" this morning.... so cute..... you know..."bthththt"........"a, are, tik, zappo"........"geffthh"........"maya, zeebo"....."bthhththt"........

It seems like she needs so much attention, but DP, and I are always here for her. He doesn't even work these days. Haeven gets all aggressive sometimes, and that's what makes me think she needs more attention. Maybe she's just a "kickass" girl.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:55 PM

Happy birthday to all of you birthday kiddo's and mommas..

im kind of glad i have another 2 months before elwynn turns two. i remember when elwynn turned one how emotional it was for me. for a few days before i got all weepy about everything.. then on the day it was a big celebration but i remembered the birth so vividly and it made me cry too. now i want another baby but im not sure how good an idea it is... i just really want elwynn to have siblings close to his age so that they can be friends.. i guess it will happen if its meant to. i leave it up to the stars.

gosh, our boys are all so similar when it comes to cars and trucks and stuff.. elwynn took about 50 books of the shelf at the library before he found one about diggers and then he was happy to "clean up" and promptly put all of the other books back on the shelf. he reads that silly book everyday..especially on the potty@! we havnt done the garbage truck thing mostly because we live in a backyard facing basement suite..but we will be moving dec.1st to a new house. im very excited.

thanks for starting this new thread by the way

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 11-05-2004, 09:03 PM

oh bethkm, so sorry about the penny.

mona, did you get the quote in your siggie come from someone or did you think it up on your own? dh and i want to make a bumpersticker of it!

Razi had a great birthday! he loves the birthday song now. we sing it every day. i'm struggling with what to do with birthday money. i really want to buy some cool toys i've seen lately but does he really need more toys? i don't let any of my family get him toys. we end up with crappy plastic that way. although his grandma last xmas said "i know you don't like the plastic toys but...." and preceded to give him all plastic. all that went to the consignment store
she has only gotten plastic since then too. kinda frustrating...

thanks for all the birthday wishes!!

decembersun, sorry about zackary's flu. we got that 3 times last winter. razi always pukes in bed when he's sick.
maybe you could give him some probiotics. ( p.s. still workin on the sling day ) oh and i think i'll be in phx next week!! i'll PM you later.

dh and i also had been talking about hightailin' it. but you know they would love it if we left!!! we don't want to give them the pleasure! check out commondreams.org
Old 11-05-2004, 10:42 PM

Hi mamas!! You all probably don't remember me, but I was a December mama 2 years ago. I had Sam November 29th at home in the birthing tub...and not only will he be 2 in just a couple of weeks, but he will be a big brother too!!! I am in this years December club too! :LOL

I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by, and I am so sad that I missed out on the last year or so of these threads. It's just hard to keep up everywhere with three kids. LOL

I sympathize with each and everyone of you about the state of our nation, I too am scared for my family.

So anyway...just wanted to pop in and say Happy Birthday to all of our two year olds and mamas!!!
Debi

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 11-05-2004, 10:53 PM

ruby and clay both have had rotten front two teeth. reed was fine. all nightnurse (or reed did). clay had his pulled out which i regret. i think the teet is genetic and based on diet in utero and modern diet going into human milk now. no one had dental caries before sugar and refined wheat. reed just lost his front teeth due to his size so none of my kids have front teeth. i have had a hard time dealing with how things are and what i can control. i think it also was aggravated by my kids popping those teeth at four months of age. i dunno. ruby's are worn down to her gums but since they don't positively aggravate her i haven't done anything dental about it.

i have to brag about the compliment i received today. wednesday morning my closest friend jessica was using the computer and her six year old son navid wanted to use it (just wait till you have this problem...). she told him that she wanted to see who won the presidential race. he said "ooh! i hope ms. casina won!". it makes me jump up and down everytime i think about it, that a little boy could think so highly of me.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:20 PM

mamamoo- i remember you! welcome back and congrats on baby #4!

my sig line was originally a post i made on a W & P thread. then i liked it so much i made it my sig.
glad you like it.

casina

Old 11-05-2004, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by casina
no one had dental caries before sugar and refined wheat.
That's not really true-- they're always talking about the horrible teeth of people way way back in the day on the Discovery Channel and such. It's pretty crazy, they even have dental instruments from the Roman Empire that look downright terrifying. :LOL

Old 11-06-2004, 01:25 AM

really? that sort of makes me feel better. my children's rotten teeth are a big source of woe when it comes to family's and people's reactions to my radical parenting. it looks bad. i can't promise to be a shiny advertisement for nursing and no vax and cosleeping and nospanking and unschool and such, but their teeth look like i'm purposely neglecting them to be rebellious and it is annoying. i guess if i had total confidence in myself then it wouldn't be a big deal.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:52 AM

Hi mamas! I wish I had known about this group when I was pregnant with my first. My oldest DS turned 2 on Nov. 3rd. He's a cutie! We're having issues with his weight, anyone have any advice? He only weighs about 22 lbs though he eats well (I think!) He's also still not talking a whole lot. But, he's got the brightest eyes and loves to smile and laugh.

And...POTTY TRAIN!! He just got a potty chair and loves it. He sits on it when me or DH go into the bathroom. Hasn't been able to "go" in it yet, but he's pretty much doing all of this on his own! I'm pretty proud of him
Old 11-06-2004, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Hello! Many of us have small kids, myself included. 22 pounds doesn't sound so far out of line. BeanBean only weighs about 25, fully dressed wearing shoes and soaking wet. :LOL Sometimes I worry about him, but most of the time I'm okay with it. He nurses a lot and occasionally drinks Pediasure for Mike, so I know he's getting something and maybe that's all he needs. I can't tell him he's hungry when he's not, you know?

We're having our party this afternoon, so : : : Happy Birthday, BeanBean!

Old 11-06-2004, 12:14 PM

hey mamas ~

what a week, ive been in such a funk between Tues. fiasco and morning sickness kicking my @$$ all day...

Happy Birthday to all who have had birthdays

Casina, that is an awesome compliment and I'd be excited too :LOL

About weight, Zoom has always been on the long and lean side, since birth. I'm not concerned because 1. everything Rynna said and 2. everything she eats is of nutritional significance (i.e. she does not eat candy or other "empty" foods)

I'm wondering how I will fill my down time this weekend since I won't be able to aimless wander mdc....
Old 11-06-2004, 12:56 PM

I am worried about DS's teeth. Not so much the decay, but the straightness... He has a big overbite, and while his teeth are very straight now, I'm afraid eventually he'll have buck teeth! : Nothing I can do about it, but it is a concern. And Rynna, I have never given up hope for Zachary sucking his thumb. :LOL He doesn't have any other pacifier besides me, and it gets difficult at times... But, again, if he needs it at night, he needs it at night. Who am I to take it away from him, when I sucked my thumb to get to sleep until I was nearly a teenager?

Old 11-06-2004, 04:25 PM

hi mommas..

chow46: my son weighs about 22 pounds too.. i used to worrytoo but now that he is getting older and using the potty and talking and eating what he is happy eating( most of which is very healthy) i understand that it is just his genetics and nothing that i have done or not done..i hope that you can come to accept your son's smallness as something wonderful like i do. i mean, im about the only one i know with an almost 2 year old that can be carried around with one arm without any worry!
one thing that i have noticed is that he didnt used to digest his food very well.. there was always a lot of chunks of food in his diaper..and i wondered if maybe he wasnt obsorbing enuff of the nutrients, so i looked into it and found a chewable digestive enzyme..made out of papaya and within a day i noticed a difference and within a few weeks he had gained almost a pound and has been gaining steadily since which he has never done since birth. he has always been tiny. you may want to try this..its totally not going to do any harm even if it doesnt help.. good luck.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 11-06-2004, 04:34 PM

Mama Fern :

Can you tell me more about the chewable digestive enzyme? What enzyme(s) is in it and all that. I read your post to my dh and he wants to learn more.

I'm the only mama I know with an almost two year old who still slings which I can only do cause dd is small so I totally here ya on the one arm carry wiht Elwynn

User Tag List