does anyone else have a little nudist? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 12-13-2004, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! DD is 23 months old and hates clothing!! I'm lucky if she's even wearing a diaper. ---she's gotten quite good at removing them. Anyway, she's running around the house stark naked today and refuses to put clothes on. We live in florida and are having our first cold snap and its kind of chilly in the house. I ask her "emily, aren't you cold"....she nods her head yes, and she even has goose bumps...but...she won't put on clothes. :LOL
Just wondering if anyone else has a little nudist? I sort of feel bad that she's cold, but then again...i guess if she was really cold, she would get dressed...right?

Amy mama to Emily love.gif & Ben fencing.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 30 Old 12-13-2004, 08:26 PM

Well we do EC and it's constantly 75 degrees or above so I definitely have a little nudist. My husband is always asking me to at least put a diaper on him but as long as it's just Nathan and I he's as naked as a jaybird! It was weird at first but now it's extremely natural to me and even cute!
#3 of 30 Old 12-13-2004, 08:51 PM

Bran would be naked all day if I'd let him... He plays naked for over an hour after his bath, and goes around dancing to his music without clothes. :LOL

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#4 of 30 Old 12-14-2004, 03:11 AM

ds is pretty much naked unless we go somewhere. he loves it and i love it. i have way less dirty clothes and diapers to wash. if he doesn't have on a dipe, he'll go in the potty. although lately i've been putting socks and slippers on him cuz it's kinda cold here and i like slippers so...(i'm assuming he does too, hehe) i think sometimes it makes company feel weird but that their issue, not mine or ds's, yk?
#5 of 30 Old 12-14-2004, 03:16 AM

My kids are always naked. Even when I'm fully dressed and cold, no amount of suggestions can convince them to get dressed. They do like to wear slippers and hats though. And I leave blankets around for them to snuggle in if they feel like it. I also leave their clothes on the coffee table so they can choose to wear them if the mood strikes.
#6 of 30 Old 12-14-2004, 10:48 AM

Connor is another one who likes to be nekkid! It's a challenge because it is so, so cold here and I feel he has to be in something. He usually ends up with a shirt on and I try to keep slippers on him.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#7 of 30 Old 12-14-2004, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Ok! I'm glad I'm not the only one with someone who loves to run around naked! The only problem with EMily is that she rarely uses the potty, so we end up with puddles I'm hoping that will change soon. I can't get her to leave a diaper on for anything. She will however put diapers on all of her stuffed animals :LOL
Amy

#8 of 30 Old 12-14-2004, 02:08 PM

Yup...Haley is a nudist too...she also runs around with goose bumps saying she is cold but won't keep clothes on We have been demanding that she keep some clothes on (socks, shirt or pants, panties or diaper) b/c it is sooooooo cold right now. As soon as she strips we put them back on her

jen: caring auntie to a bunch of little (and some not so little anymore) wild things. Teacher to my whackadoodle 3s (and sometimes infants)
#9 of 30 Old 12-14-2004, 06:00 PM

yes, my ds would be naked all the time if I let him, which wouldn't be that big of a deal to me when he's potty trained (he now hates diapers, too and learned how to unsnap the liners for cloth and tak e them off!)
but it can get cold here, so we comprimise, mostly he is with a long sleeve shirt and diaper only except after bath, i let him have some nudey time, and in the morning after his morning poo, I let him hang out for a while w/o a diaper.
He really fights getting bundled to go outside, He NEVER will wear a hat , which bothers me because I do not want him to get an ear infection on all our damp chilly NW days - but go figure- He has never even had one ear infection and he is now 1 1/2! sometimes his ears are red and cold, and I say aren't your ears cold- a hat or hood would keep them warm,, and put it on, but he takes it off imeediately or screams til I do!
I loved last summer cause he could go outside naked with only a diaper, and that made him very happy (and a lot less of a daily struggle for mwe! )

homeschooling mama to 8 yr old biggrinbounce.gif with a new little one(5-5-2011) babyf.gif...  h20homebirth.gif

#10 of 30 Old 12-14-2004, 06:28 PM

DD is almost always naked in the house and sometimes gets outside naked as well (the neighbors love that--think it is the funniest thing in the world :LOL ). She immediately strips when we come home from being out. She also insists on being naked dancing when DH plays guitar (he hopes this isn't an indicator of a future profession )

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

#11 of 30 Old 12-14-2004, 06:31 PM

Not only do I have a nudist, I have a *stripper*. I can get clothes on him, but he takes them off, a little at a time. I then get to search for them all over the place - the car, the dog's kennel, the babysitter's, grandma's house, you name it. I keep wondering if he is going to grow up to be a Chippendale or in XXX movies. Hey, it's a living...

>>He NEVER will wear a hat <<

Musing Mama, I have one of those too! If I had a nickel for every "bad Mom" look or comment I've received, I'd be able to buy a store full of hats -- plus the velcro straps to keep them on DS's head!
#12 of 30 Old 12-15-2004, 02:12 PM

Paige prefers naked...even in the depths of winter! She can remove her dipes (even the side snappers! ) She was naked for most of the summer, and I thought that the slow change of seasons and gradually adding some clothing would provide for an easy transition---uh, I was WRONG!

I have found that she doesn't mind really soft cotton knits (like Zutano) that much, and she associates getting dressed with going out, and she LOVES to go out and "see."

The problems comes in when we are at the in-laws house. They have a 200 year old farmhouse with bare floors, and it can be a bit drafty. My FIL constantly remarks, "Don't you think that the baby too cold?" Right now I think that her priority is comfy nekked over being toasty warm.

I was a happy naked baby and toddler, so I expected Paige to be the same way. Innocense doesn't last long these days, so I just want to let her have her time!
#13 of 30 Old 12-15-2004, 02:34 PM

Yes DD is always nude. Now that it is cold out I ask her frequently to put her clothes on and if she wont do it I just give her a blanket which she will gladle wrap herself in.
#14 of 30 Old 12-15-2004, 02:42 PM

My 2.5 yr old would live totally naked all the time if allowed! We even turn the heat down to 62 at night & the thermostat often says the house is at 58 or 60 when we get up in the morning. She still strips her jammies off & runs around naked. Now & then she'll go digging for clothes - usually a shirt & underwear or just a pair of tights. So, lately she's been getting the message that clothes keep her warm & she might want to try some. We let her wear (or not wear) whatever she wants most of the time. The rules are that she has to wear clothes when we leave the house & when we have people over. We've been enforcing that rule ever since she started being able to dress & undress herself and she's pretty compliant.

The funniest thing is when we get home from being out all day & the first thing she does when she walks in the door is strip! It totally cracks me up!

We are learning to give her some choice about what clothes we buy for her & what clothes she wants to wear. That seems to help her actually want to wear clothes when she gets too cold.
#15 of 30 Old 12-15-2004, 06:17 PM

I have been going through the same thing with my little girl for the past 1 1/2 yrs. She only wears clothes when we go out but as soon as we get home she takes everything off including her socks. We live in Utah and it has been snowing latley my dh and I thought that she might keep some clothes on now that it is so cold. WRONG she has even gone outside in the snow naked. My mom tells me it is just a phase but I say this has lasted way to long to be a phase. My 1 1/2 yr old son is now trying to copy her. I don't know what I will do with two little naked butts running around my house.
#16 of 30 Old 12-15-2004, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmamaof3
[B] WRONG she has even gone outside in the snow naked. B]

ok....i guess my little naked florida girl is nothing to worry about then :LOL

today she was running around in a diaper (i was lucky she had that on) and her jacket -- just because it has a hood and the hood is neat.

#17 of 30 Old 12-16-2004, 07:44 PM

My 25 month old son is naked right now. :LOL When I ask him if he wants to get dressed, he says "No, I want a nursie." :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#18 of 30 Old 12-17-2004, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisha

>>He NEVER will wear a hat <<

Musing Mama, I have one of those too! If I had a nickel for every "bad Mom" look or comment I've received, I'd be able to buy a store full of hats -- plus the velcro straps to keep them on DS's head!
LOL!! I know!!! my ds loves to go on stroller walks here every day, rain or shine, so we really get the looks when I (the negligent mean mommy) take him hatless in the rain and cold-- little do they know, it is his idea, and i dont have much choice! :LOL

homeschooling mama to 8 yr old biggrinbounce.gif with a new little one(5-5-2011) babyf.gif...  h20homebirth.gif

#19 of 30 Old 12-17-2004, 04:21 PM

Yup - count my ds in on the nudist group! He's 3 1/2, and prefers to hang out naked at home. It has been a real struggle when we travel! Grandmommy insists on at least underwear, and Grandma needs for him to be fully clothed.

It does make our potty training a little easier. Although we have had a regression this last week. He's not wearing diapers anymore. For the first few days, pooping in the potty was great fun. Lately though, he tells me that he'll just poop on the floor. And he has. Twice. Ugh. :

He also uses his bare skin as a canvas. He decorates costumes - Spiderman, Buzz Lightyear. He even gets his back! And his eyelids. Yes, we get comments everywhere we go.
#20 of 30 Old 12-18-2004, 02:35 AM

I have a naked loving girl too! She is 2.5 years old. She calls it "nakey butt". She takes this deep inhale and loudly exclaims "I'm nakey butt" and gets a gleeful smile on her face.

I also can't keep blanktes on her. I am guessing that the rest of the naked loving kids don't like blankets either!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#21 of 30 Old 12-18-2004, 03:40 PM

I have two little nudists. As we speak my 3 y/o is completely nude as he is everyday and my 1 y/o I wrestled a daiper on. Usually he is naked too.

Strangely my ds has started loving blankets on him. He never did until he turned 3 but now he must have no less than 3 blankets on him when he is laying down . . . . of course, he is naked under those blankets though.
#22 of 30 Old 12-18-2004, 07:06 PM

My little nudist loves blankets, too. And pillows. :LOL

#23 of 30 Old 12-19-2004, 09:58 PM

Another kindred spirit here. Andrej isn't an orthodox nudist, but he consistently wears 1 to 2 fewer layers than everyone else and has little use for winter clothing. I get horrible looks and comments when we walk around in the city, but despite all the threats and propecies we get he's never sick (so eat that, you antibiotic and vitamin gobbling weaklings!) At home, so long as temps are are above freezing, I let him wear what he wants (usually just a long-sleeved T-shirt with an undershirt underneath.) Below the freezing point I make him put on a jacket, but he usually takes it off anyway. Only this last month have I been able to make him see why mittens are a good thing, and that it isn't wise to take off your shoes when there is snow around. Last year, even showing him the "natural consequences " of cold hands/feet made no impression and we were seriously limited outdoors for all of the long cold winter because he wouldn't keep the mittens or shoes on but would then howl from having cold hands/feet.

Has anybody got a good reply for those "kindly" strangers who comment on how your child is dressed?
#24 of 30 Old 12-19-2004, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BohoMama
Another kindred spirit here. Andrej isn't an orthodox nudist, but he consistently wears 1 to 2 fewer layers than everyone else and has little use for winter clothing. I get horrible looks and comments when we walk around in the city, but despite all the threats and propecies we get he's never sick (so eat that, you antibiotic and vitamin gobbling weaklings!) At home, so long as temps are are above freezing, I let him wear what he wants
this is Steffen, too! I think the cold exposure must make his immune system stronger! But- we get those looks, too- haven't come up w./ a good reply yet!

#25 of 30 Old 12-20-2004, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

No...I haven't come up with a good reply yet...but I wish I could. One time, my husband convinced my daughter to wear a little sundress to the grocery store. It wasn't really even cold out...just cool, so to her, she was dressed just fine for the weather...and this lady came up to him and said "oooo, boy, you know she's cold!" He came home feeling like he looked like some stupid man who doesn't know how to dress his child. Poor DH!!
Don't people know that bacteria and viruses cause illnesses and not temperature?
Amy

#26 of 30 Old 12-20-2004, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BohoMama
Has anybody got a good reply for those "kindly" strangers who comment on how your child is dressed?
Thank you for your concern. Your opinion will be given all due consideration when next I am dressing my child. Good day.
(If you're feeling polite.)

Did you know that forcing a child to wear more clothing than they need will actually cause their body to need that much (or more) clothing in the future? The special layer of fat that keeps the body warm will just melt away if it's not used in childhood.
(If you're feeling nerdy.)

Does he look cold to you?
(If you're feeling irritated.)

He'll put on a coat/hat/pair of shoes if he gets cold.

You can't get sick from just being cold, you get sick from germs. Don't breathe on him, and he'll be fine.

#27 of 30 Old 12-20-2004, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
You can't get sick from just being cold, you get sick from germs. Don't breathe on him, and he'll be fine.
:
#28 of 30 Old 12-20-2004, 08:21 AM

My son will be 5 yrs in two weeks time. And he rather only wear his underpants, nothing else. A boxer shorts and he is just fine. ALL day, unless we are going out. Now its winter, loads of snow, and house is generally colder, so i got to convince him to wear a t-shirt too cuz he is cooold on his fingers.

Mother of three little muslims!
#29 of 30 Old 03-04-2014, 04:09 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

YES,I..AM A BREASTFEEDING MOM,.I HAVE 6 BOYS,INCL.2 SETS TWINS,7 & II,WE LIVE IN A WARM CLIMATE,AND ON A SECLUDED FARM,SO IF YOU VISIT,YOU WILL SE THEM RUNNIBG AND PLAYING NAKED ,BOTH IN THE HOUSE AND OUR LG. YARD.WE HAVE ORGANIC GARDENS,SWINGS,TREE-HOUSES~~~.HOMESCHOOL,I AM A YOGA INSTRUCTOR,,LACTATION CONSULTANT ,AND AN ADVOCATE FOR EXTENDED BF,AND CHILD -LED WEANING. WE ALSO MEDITATE,PLAY MUSIC A LOT,( LIKE THE MOODY BLUES,AND JACKSON BROWN )ALL 6 REFUSE TO WEAR CLOTHS,24-7 ON OUR HOME LAND.~~~AND THER IS NO REASON THAT I CAN FIND TO MAKE THEM.THEY DO NOT SEE THE BODY AS AN AWFUL,OR NASTY THING. I MUST SAY,THAT I TOO HARDLY EVER PUT ON CLOTHS ,UNLESS  I KNOW THAT PERSON S THAT I DO NOT KNOW ARE VISITING.ALL OUR FRIENDS ARE JUST LIKE US.

#30 of 30 Old 03-04-2014, 08:01 PM

Adorable naked toddler here. She will happily wear her brothers far to large clothing though!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page