~Nov/Dec 02' babes Chat for January~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-06-2005, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My sling was a hand-me-down, so I have no idea how old it actually was. The fabric actually held up for quite a while..

BeanBean likes ponytails, too; they keep his hair out of his eyes and that's all good.

MDC is not only crawling really freaking slowly, it's also causing me to disconnect from the internet every few minutes. : How very irritating!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2005, 03:16 PM

mamajaza, let me just figure out how to send a picture to you. (i'm really computer retarded, it's why i don't have a website yet) i'll send you a pm!

i haven't used msn cuz it's keeps telling me i haven't been approved to join. won't let me in??

i'm going to spokane for a week on sunday and i wrote in the tribal area forum looking to have some playtime. anyway lots of mdc mama in spokane and they're putting together a big playgroup! i'm so excited to meet a whole bunch of mdc moms!
Old 01-06-2005, 03:30 PM

we just woke up and our world is covered by a blanket of soft white snow... the flakes falling are fat and there seems to be no end in sight. i love the snow! elwynn wants to build a "gnome man" as he calls snow man.. he is in a sad mood today so i should go snuggle him.

talk to you mommas later.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 01-06-2005, 09:40 PM

We have lots of snow. Been stuck inside for 2 days. Well, actually, I had to go out to clean my car off and move it. I live in an apt complex and they make us move our cars by 10am when it snows. So, I told them they had to watch my son while I went outside. rofl.

I must say that I don't like winter. heh. Am wondering where the perfect place to live is. No colder than 50, not hotter than 80. Ahh, perfect.

Oh, ds woke up from his nap and I swear he grew a whole inch in two hours. rofl.

Ciao for now,
Liz
Old 01-06-2005, 09:45 PM

is there such a perfect place? maybe florida..no wait tropical storms... it rarely snows here.. i guess thats why it feels so nice. eveything looks prettier with snow on it..even the ugliest city looks lovely when it snows.

as for your child growing while napping..im sure elwynn does this too..!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 01-06-2005, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizc
I must say that I don't like winter. heh. Am wondering where the perfect place to live is. No colder than 50, not hotter than 80. Ahh, perfect.
sounds like my hometown san francisco 50-70 everyday perfect weather

Amy
Old 01-06-2005, 11:47 PM

we visited some family in the san fran area last summer and the weather was very nice

I have definetley noticed Zoom grows during sleep. It's amazing. She will wake up one morning bigger and more mature cognitively. it blows my mind every time.

did i mention she is suddenly speaking in sentences??
Old 01-07-2005, 12:37 PM

I wasn't approved for the MSN group last time I checked... though I haven't checked today.

Miss BooBah goes to sleep sometimes and wakes up bigger, and I can remember BeanBean doing it when he was small, too. I remember one time I put him to sleep and all of his clothing fit him just fine, and when he woke up in the morning it was all too small, right down to the diaper! He had red marks all over his body from where the clothing had been too tight, and his shirt was really hard to get off when it had gone one easily. I learned my lesson, though, and I try very hard not to put BooBah to bed in anything that's even close!

So I had Mike take "It's Perfectly Normal" out of the library for ChibiChibi. She says that the book is very interesting and also "totally not normal! It's not normal to show penises and vaginas in books!" : Must be nice to be seven sometimes. :LOL

Old 01-07-2005, 03:21 PM

MDC is S-L-O-W today, and very irriitating...

I'm sorry I have been MIA the past few days, and I finally approved everyone for the msn group who hadn't been approved yet. We have all the regulars except casina and *solsticemama*, and I approved one member who we don't know yet- I'm sorry I forgot her name, she's the Frenchy Canadian...
I think the msn group should be used when we want to say something personal, or when MDC is down, or really slow, or whenever you feel like it. If you don't want to use it, you don't have to, this group should stay up and running forever and ever.

The laundry is piling up here, even though I've been doing some every day... I HATE laundry, and that's my job (DH's is unloading and loading the dishwasher). It's been raining and raining here the past few days (we get rain in the desert insetad of snow) so we have mud and dirt and yucky stuff tracked through our house from the dogs and kids... I hate sweeping and vaccuming too... :LOL I'm feeling down today for some reason, and the kids are really picking up on it 'cause they're whiney and agitated too. I'm going to head out to Curves, cook a nice chicken soup, and re-pot something to brighten my mood!

About TV: I let my kids watch it. : Mostly they watch PBS (Caillou, Reading Rainbow, Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, Thomas and Freinds) but I'll put Disney on ocassionally for Stanley, The Wiggles or Bear in the Big Blue House. Zachary has a thing for planes so he likes the Koala Brothers sometimes too. Mostly they watch videos over and over and OVER again. And I know it's not good to have it on as background noise, but they mostly play with the TV on in the background... They usually watch in the AM while I'm getting Crystal ready for school, and in the evening to wind down before bed. I think it's ok for them to have their favorite characters- they're changing all the time. I think *I* need to watch less TV, but I'm not worried about the kiddos just yet. I need to be a good influence on them!

And that gets me thinking about cussing... I admit that when I'm angy I have a potty mouth. Zachary is now saying "shub up!" every now and then. I'm worried he'll pick up something worse, so I am REALLY trying to say "nice words".

Talk to you later, ladies!

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

Old 01-07-2005, 05:52 PM

today has been a weird day.. yesterday elwynn's dad and i hade a huge fight, including physical violence, so..needless to say our relationship is over. he is gone, but wants to come get his stuff.. i dont want to see him and i sure dont want elwynn seeing him. it was really traumatic for both of us..im still shaken up about it.

anyways, ive finally got the house cleaned up and dipers washed so i feel better about that. its still snowing and i tried to take elwynn out to play but he said he was cold and cried, so in we came. he is watching cartoons i want to out but it means getting elwynn all bundled up and walking in snow drifts and getting all soggy, so i think we will have a quiet at home day and try to figure stuff out.

why does life always have to be so friggin hard?

Quote:

Old 01-07-2005, 06:19 PM

mamafern- i am so sorry. that is horrible. big hugs to you and elwynn.
can you find a way to be gone when he comes for his stuff? or have it taken some place else? i would not let him in. i don't care what the circumstances are, violence is evil. grrr i am upset.
anyway, please be gentle w/ yourself, but not w/ your boundries w/ you ex.
big hugs to you......

and s
Old 01-07-2005, 06:37 PM

I'm sorry!
Old 01-07-2005, 07:50 PM

Oh Fern, I am so so so sorry for you and Elwynn I am so sad for you too. You guys take care, lots of hugs and love from here.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:27 PM

s mamafern, hoping things unfold harmoniously for you all

We've been having computer issues so I haven't been able to get online in several days. This is a fast thread, mamas. Just wanted to check in and say . I'll be heading over to the msn group soon.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

As you all know, fern's partner is my brother, so this is a personal issue for me too. I do know that there are two sides to every story, though, and I don't think it's right to not let tim see elwynn because of what happened. It's never a good idea to use children as pawns.
I've fought a lot of (physical)fights with my bro when we were kids, so I know how he can be.
So sorry fern, that you are going through this.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:42 PM

fern ...thinking about you
Old 01-07-2005, 10:19 PM

i'm sorry mama! seems like a hard situation for everyone...

i went to my 'doctor' today and i'm already feeling so much better and not so fragile about to get sick. starting tomarrow i'm doing 5 min. of yoga and breathing while razi naps. it is snowing again! we've got broken branches dangling over our power line. some people had no power for a day and a half!
Old 01-07-2005, 11:29 PM

i wrote a long reply but the computer froze..so i guess i wasnt supposed to say what i wrote.. anyways tim came and went..he saw elwynn and left with tears in his eyes. i feel pretty detatched, but i know how i would feel if i was leaving elwynn wihout knwing how long i would be away from him.

i told him he can see elwynn anytime, but i get a feeling he will be away for a while

thanks mommas..

Quote:

Old 01-08-2005, 06:26 AM

, for Elwynn, who probably doesn't "get it" really well right now.

I've had a very long day. BeanBean was extra spirited today, and I worked really hard to calm myself down but I didn't do all that well. I did make a good effort, I just really think I should have done better. At any rate, he finally went to sleep tonight shortly after 2 am. I'm not proud of myself, but I smoked a clove today in an effort to calm myself. It worked, I felt a lot better afterwards, and of course I smoked outside (my niece would have a heart attack if she saw me smoking, even a clove!) and away from the kids. *sigh* I'm working on it.

I took the kids to services tonight. It was... an experience. :LOL

Old 01-08-2005, 09:40 AM

must have been in the air. it took dd forever to fall asleep last night, and then she woke up at 6, ready for the world. sigh

Welcome back Rose!! i was wondering what happened to you.

How are you doing today Mama Fern?
Old 01-08-2005, 04:48 PM

we are doing okay,

our computer keeps freezing so every time i try to post i loose what i say..so we walked in a blizzard to go to the library...for a break and for a computer to use.. the only problem is that elwynn gets crazy at the library so i never have very long.. right now he is looking through a yellow pages at trucks and diggers.. wityh all of the books here, he wants to look at the yellow pages.. s

i woke up super early today and felt weird. i made a cup of tea and just wated the wind blow everything around. i keel like thats whats going on in me and im just going to have to weather the storm till things settle and i figgure out what to do..

im applying to a bunch of housing co-ops in vancouver.. maybe if i get accepted to one ill move there..i feel like mission (where i am) doesnt have much for me.. i like it here, but im lonely.

anyways today elwynn and i are going to take the bus to the next twon over and go for an adventure.. im not sure what we are going to find, but it will keep us busy anyways.. elwynn likes buses. he calls them all "school bus"

Quote:

Old 01-08-2005, 04:54 PM

nak
but just wanted to say thatb having a support system would definetly be helpful.
glad you are doing doing doing...... movement is a good thing, yk?

big hugs to you both, and enjoy the school bus!!!!

Old 01-08-2005, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberSun
We have all the regulars except casina and *solsticemama*, and I approved one member who we don't know yet- I'm sorry I forgot her name, she's the Frenchy Canadian...
LOL LOL Frenchy Canadian. :LOL :LOL Hey i now have a new nickname. Thanks

Mamafern ~ Sorry for what you are going thru. It must be hard. I hope things get better for you.

Mamajaza ~ it must be hard on you too. It not easy to be relate to someone who is seperating/leaving from his family.

Dd1-Jasmine is not in a great mood this past few days. She moody. Just what I need, Me and her in a similar mood. I'm moody because I don't get enough sleep but her, I don't know. It's probably her teeth. She's missing her eye teeth and maybe more molars. How many molars are they suppose to have now???

I just got an idea so that you guys can get to know me more. Ask me any questions. i'll answer most of them lol lol

How is everyone today???

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 01-08-2005, 06:20 PM

Rachel, I didn't mean to exclude you in my last post. Here's a link, I hope it works. http://groups.msn.com/NovDec2002Fami..._whatsnew.msnw
How are you healing mama? Keeping yourself busy with family and Cloth Etc., no doubt.

Fern, I don't know what to say... I was so surprised to hear the news about you and your DP. How sad for you. And Elwynn, and Timothy too... Please know that we're here for you, even if it's not IRL.

I have two brothers and I fought with them a lot when I was younger, but it would never be OK for them to try and hurt my sisters in-law. Everyone's relationship is their own business, though. I can see it from both your points of view, Fern and Jasanna. I hope this situation doesn't come between the both of you...

Sarah- have fun in Spokane! And tell Lynn for me, if you remember. I met two MDC mamas in Spokane this summer, and they were both very nice- we grilled BBQ ribs and corn on the cob and S'mores. It was 95 degrees up there (which feels like 110 to me, with the moisture in the air) and I was wearing a long, light flowing skirt and a bee stung me on the butt. :LOL I don't remember the mamas' names but their boys were Alex (younger than Razi) and Avian (older than Razi) and Zachary had fun playing with them.

I've been cooking up a storm here, trying to stay busy so that these clouds don't depress me. Hope all you mamas are doing well today.

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

Old 01-08-2005, 07:25 PM

Hey mamas, hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

Jasanna, I was thinking about you last night, I know that the situation between Fern and Timothy must be hard for you as well I hope that you can all find peace and healing eventually.

dh and a very dear friend of ours are out back right now building a swing set. Yup building it from scratch, they bought the swings and slide adn stuff and it comes with directions on how to build the frame and all. I'll take pics when they are done.

I'm feeling very down today. One of our very best friends is being deployed to Iraq tonight We've known it was coming but still.... I talked with him this morning and it was just so hard. He and my dh have been best friends since they were fourteen or fifteen and I have known him almost ten years myself.

Well I had a lot more to say, but dd is freaking out so
Old 01-08-2005, 07:43 PM

razi won't take a nap!! okay, back to trying to figure out pics to send. i have such a hard time w/ remembering computer stuff. i have to reask dp everytime and he's getting a little... :
Old 01-08-2005, 07:46 PM

Anyhow, so like I was saying...Our friend Martin that is going to Iraq. He has a wife and a son who will be four in March. He just got back from Korea last march so he hasn't even been home a year yet. It just breaks my heart how much he is missing out on in his son's life. He is such a good daddy, and now he will be gone at least another year. He joined the army to get money for college (his dream is to be a special education teacher) and has only been able to take a few classes because he is gone so much. anyhow, my heart hurts today

thanks for letting me talk about it.....
Old 01-08-2005, 08:04 PM

that is so sad..and unfair. why do there have to be wars!!
momma. im so sorry...

Quote:

Old 01-08-2005, 08:05 PM

well my library time is up. its freezing and im scared to walk home.. bye!

Quote:

Old 01-08-2005, 09:09 PM

thanks fern. i hope y'all got home okay.

User Tag List