~Nov/Dec 02' babes Chat for January~ - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-23-2005, 02:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh casina i'm so glad you liked that one...i almost didn't put it on cuz i didn't want cps called or something :LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2005, 03:16 AM

:LOL i totally laughed at the one with the beer bottle and cell phone.. i just took a few pics of haeven pretending to drink beer.. we should put them up together!

so elwynn just pooped on the potty! he said "POOP" the sat on his potty and went.. he's done it before but this is 2 times in less than a week.. its a record for him.

i have been trying really hard to get him to use the potty all the time and he wakes up dry in the morning and the last 2 nights went to bed without diaper or undies!! but pooping is a different story for him. he usually holds it till i eventually put a diaper on him then goes when im occupied doing something else.. so im very happy. i give him a little organic peppermint candy when he goes..for incentive i guess.. and we celebrate

so.. do your little ones need you to remind them to use the potty? or do they do it on their own?

elwynn really needs me to remind him. he holds pee and he hasnt pooped on the floor in a long time, but i think that if i didnt remind him he would.. just a thought.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 01-23-2005, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter

Fern~ haeven has peed on your floor many times, so you know no one is perfect:LOL, but I did hear that usually it takes boys longer to train then girls.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:51 AM

jazz, yeah and she pees WAY more than elwynn does :LOL

its weird... i just remembered a dream i had last night. i dreamt that elwynn woke up in the night and started peeing but his pee was red and i got freaked out them i realised that we have been eating beets for days and thats why..it wasnt blood, just beet dyed! im not sure why im remembering this now...

i know that every child takes their own time..but when elwynn asked to poop on the potty when we were visiting frinds months ago i was sure that that was it.. he's potty trained!..and its been quite a while since and its still in process..

but i dont want to rush him to grow up any faster.. i love this age and i will be so sad when he is all grown up and doesnt want me to "nuggle" him or kiss him 100 times a day..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 01-23-2005, 10:44 AM

I must say that I'm envious of those who are actively potty learning or have finished. My ds has no interest in it at all. I've tried lots of things but he just doesn't like to sit on the toilet or his potty. He HAS peed in the toilet a couple of times but i'm pretty sure it was coincidental. He was surprised when he started peeing so he stopped in mid stream. LOL. Then, after sitting there for awhile, he got down, walked out of the bathroom and onto the carpeting and peed. He does this a lot. So, I've decided to back off for awhile. I'm looking for a nanny position and I really hoped that I would be well on the way to potty learning with ds when I start a new job. Doesn't look promising though. heh.
Hey, is there a forum where moms can post that they are looking for a nanny job??

Blizzard watching,
Liz
Old 01-23-2005, 12:09 PM

DD1 is so not interested in the potty. She was doing great in aug before DD2 baptism when my in-laws came for it. She acts like she is scared of it and cries and cries. So I stop. She was doing so well too. Mostly all her pees were done in the potty. I thinking of maybe trying again this summer but we'll see how she is doing. I'll wait until she shows signs of wanting to go.

Sarita~ he a cutie.

We had a way better night, last night. Jas slept most of it with only waking up once or twice. DD2 slept better too. she nurse at 9:30 then I gave her a snack at around 10pm then nurse her again. She slept until 2:30am. YAY!! Almost 4hrs. It felt good to wake up to feed her again. Then she lasted until 5:30am. So Not too bad for feedings. I'm going to stuff her up lots today. I guessing she not eating enough.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 01-23-2005, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern
so.. do your little ones need you to remind them to use the potty? or do they do it on their own?

elwynn really needs me to remind him. he holds pee and he hasnt pooped on the floor in a long time, but i think that if i didnt remind him he would.. just a thought.
When we're at home, BeanBean generally remembers to go by himself. If it seems to me like a long time has elapsed, I'll ask him if he needs to use the potty and he'll either run for the bathroom or say "no thanks." When we're not home, he's usually distracted so I ask him, and encourage the IL's to ask him, too. More often than not, though, he tells us he needs to go.

He asked us, just as we were leaving town, to use the bathroom; Mike had put a diaper on him, so he told him to use the diaper. BeanBean kind of sighed and wasn't thrilled with it. When we got to the IL's (two hours later) he *ran* for the bathroom-- his diaper was just a teensy bit wet, and he peed like crazy. It's too cold for us to stop and let him use the baby bjorn by the side of the road, though, like we did during the summer.

I love the picture of Razi in the sling. I wish I could figure out how to get my kids on my back. I have a really hard time with it, and I suspect it's because my huge boobs get in the way.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 01-23-2005, 04:28 PM

we are SNOWED IN! 24 inches and still snowing ....huricane force winds.... boston school already closed tomorrow AND tuesday...it would be fun if it wasn't too cold to go outside
Old 01-23-2005, 04:30 PM

i like the sling picture too.. sarita you are beautiful! a glowing momma

rynna: elwynn is always distracted! he is always soooo busy, unless he is sleeping in which case im sure he is dreaming of being busy..i guess thats why he needs reminders.. in fact usually he says he doesnt need to go but i get the feeling that he does and then ill put him on and he will go!

but i suppose its better than using diapers.. now we have maybe 2 in a day which is a huge difference.. and way less laundry. which means less water used.. im becoming so conscious of how much water we use in a single day..with baths and dishes and laundry and showers and washing hands and washing bums... its soooo much water.. precious water that is not endless as much as we wish it was.. i dont want elwynn to grow up and have babies and have no clean clear beautiful water to drink and swim.. not that the water that pours from our tap is clean or fresh...but you know what i mean..

so im thinking about having a big garage sale before i move.. since i will be moving from a big house to a tint bedroom! well living room and kitchen too but they will be shared and my sister already has been living there almost a year..but you know what? i am sooo excited about just having a small space.. i like that elwynn has his own room now, but he is mostly night weened and i actually prefer sleeping with him.. i just dont like him waking 10 times to nurse.. and i am looking forward to living in a place where when i walk down the street i see people i know and love and i get hugs 15 times a day..and have spontaneous cofee dates with folks i havnt seen in a while.. i wish i was moving sooner now that ive made the decission to finally do it.. its been over 3 years since i have lived there..

the area where i am moving is this beautiful microclimate of alternative culture.. there are lots of amazing small buisnesses and health food stores and there are always kids hanging out in the park playing music and drumming and babies running around and mommas nursing and slinging their tiny ones.. and where ever you look there are weird and wonderful people most of whom know eachother or at least know someone who knows them.. and coffee shops with all organic coffee and nice staff who talk to you and smile and sometimes give you free coffee.. it will be so different from here..

Quote:

Old 01-23-2005, 05:49 PM

Sarita- it was nice to see the darling pictures of Razi. My favorite was the beer can cell phone one too!!! (I have more than a few pictures of my kids "drinking" beer- hey they like it!) I also liked the camping one, what a sweet picture. He looks so much like Tavis, it's funny. I've said it before but your son is absolutely adorable!

Crystal has been REALLY sick, she missed a whole week of school. I'm trying to keep her moist and loose so the mucous doesn't settle in to her lungs- she could get pneumonia and die. She also has a heart defect so if any bacetrial growth settles on her valve she could get really sick too. So I've been busy trying to stay on top of keeping her airway semi-clean. The little ones haven't gotten anything yet, they are so strong. DH and I are taking echinacea and vitamin C to avoid getting anything, so we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Zachary has started calling me "Mommy". He'll say "Mommy?" and then look at me to see if I'll answer to that. I think he got it from Caillou- he calls his mama "Mommy", and some of Zach's friends use Mommy instead of Mama. I've always been Mama so it's kinda weird being Mommy now. I love to listen to him talk, though, so he can call me anything he wants . He talks about airplanes morning, noon and night. He's starting to "read" where he'll bring the book close to his face and talk gibberish, then look at me and nod and point to the pictures . Last night my brother and SIL carried the kids out to the van for me and buckled them into their carseats and as they were getting out of the van Zachary said "be feefo!" (be careful) It was so cute, everyone laughed... Right now he's scribbling on some scrap paper with a pen- a very beloved "toy" we only bring out on special ocassions (when Mama wants to check her e-mail!) :LOL

Hope everyone is getting over their respective illnesses. Drink some tea and put your feet up and think of me, hee hee!

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

Old 01-23-2005, 07:00 PM

Look what I did!

Old 01-23-2005, 07:36 PM

rynna: lovely! what kind of wool did you use?

we just walked to the coffee shop to have coffee and i ordered a decaf..and she asked what size and i said "um.. BIG" and the mug she gave me was HUGE. oh my, i rarely drink a cup of coffee let alone a jug.. oh well ive learned my lesson.. never say big when you dont want big

now elwynn is napping in his stroller..so i get to be a MDC bum

Quote:

Old 01-23-2005, 08:16 PM

Sarita, nice to see pics of y'all again. I'm going to show ds and see if he remembers our time together. Rena just sent me some pics of Mukti and Razi. Razi was running down the path carrying 2 huge water bottles.

It's sunny again today but this morning when we were out it was sooo cold. Amy, your weather report brought back some memories of cold snowy childhood.

Rynna, pretty longies.
DecemberSun sending some healing vibes your way, momma.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:52 PM

wow I dont even know where to start, there has been so much "talk" going on lately.

Rynna, I'm glad you are feeling better sore-breast wise and gosh those are some beautiful longies you made! What talent!

Sarita, thank you so much for sharing the photos of Razi, what a love!!

Fern, I love that you are so excited about moving.

Casina I've been meaning to ask you to lecture me on Rainbow Lights Prenatals. I've seen them, and know there stuff is good cause Zoom takes their children's multi, but geez they are expensive :

Amy - wow!! Hope your staying warm.

Liz - Zoom isn't anywhere near interested in potty learning either. It seemed like she was this summer, but She sometimes sits on her potty, or says she has to go and runs and sits on her potty, but then she'll just sit there for ages and nothing happens. I honestly couldn't care less, except that I'm having a very hard time dealing with poopy diapers these days. i know it's a pregnancy thing though, cause I've changed tons of poopy diapers on people much larger than Zoom....but that doesn't make it any easier.

Zoomba still isn't feeling good She had a fever for about two days, but besides being a little whiney and nursing constantly she was acting fine. Then the fever subsided and she has had a runny nose and sounds congested and is more whiney and clingy. She's nursing more than her usual twice a day, but I wish she'd nurse more.

I had been wondering is she was nursing less because she is naturally weaning or if it was because my milk tasted funny due to being pregnant. (I haven't yet lost my milk) When she had the fever she was nursing non stop though, so that makes me think (along with some other stuff) that she is just naturally weaning.

And the kids is just learning and growing by leaps and bounds every day. It is mind wobbling, it is amazing, it is beautiful
Old 01-23-2005, 09:18 PM

Oh i forgot to mention ...yesterday before the storm hit we took GA to see sesame street live. SHE LOVED IT! we went with some of the families from our playgroup. most of the kids enjoyed it but sat pretty still and took it all in. GA on the other hand was dancing in the aisles the whole time. This morning she woke up and said 'mommy daddy, ga go see elmo dancing? It was pricey but it was her birthday present from us.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:38 AM

toilet training is not usually an instant thing. it depends on the kid and the situation. i have one that finally used the toilet at all after turning four. then one that wanted before two but i did not have the energy for right before ruby was born. ruby will be soon. and some kids have great holding abilities, and some have none. knowing their body i've learned to respect though i still yell at clay to go pee i get so frustrated with him. i know a couple of boys that have held their poop which is always a clear reminder not to interfere and have too much talking about what one should do.

in fact i had a new view friday at the park. all the toddler mammas were complaining about everything they can't do and how sleep deprived and wanting alone time and so on. we know it. anyway, i was sitting to a gracious lady with a six boy, and she has been trying for a 2nd baby for years now. her desire is so clear. and she is so cool, like she has accepted that she may not have more. but thinking about her viewpoint when everyone was complaining, that was a gift.

i get the rainbow lights from vitacost which is not a homeade type store but they are a little cheaper. i know i need them when i forget to take them. i'm still surprised at the change my dh's energy level since i got him some no iron formula a few months ago. i didn't even get him one of those proenergy men pills.

i've got gardening sickness. i skipped it for two years but i usually get weird poring over seed catalogs and planning an eden.

for me wearing a baby on the back with a sling is a lot easier with a pouch doesn't cut in as much. rings or not, i have to put the rings or shoulder gather beyond my shoulder on my back, put the kid on the hip, then slide the whole thing around. with a ring sling i can tighten it since it feels different on the back. i know what you mean about the boobs rynna. it has always kept me far away from using a didy and other cross front carriers.

coffee and beer. i have personally classifed them as nutritionally not that harmful and not that beneficial. at least they have thousands of years of consumption. i would vote for them over margarine or splenda or refined sugar and tons of other things we easily put in our body or subject our bodies to. it is amazing how things get tabooed.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:10 AM

elwynn pooped on the potty again!!

he has gone from 2 poops a day to 1.. which i dont really underrtsand..but after supper he went over to his potty and went and i didnt even notice till he asked me to "wipe" him!
what a monkey..

Quote:

Old 01-24-2005, 03:03 AM

thanks so much for all the compliments mama's!! now i don't feel so weird looking at your pictures

razi is funny about the potty. if he doesn't have any pants on he'll go in the toilet every time and has for awhile. but if anything is around his waste; dipe, pants, chonies (what we call undies) he'll pee. i feel pretty laid back about it but today he insisted on wearing chonies and so we went outside all bundled up to do some things and of course he peed and so i had to bring him in and change everything from chonies to shoes i tried not to be annoyed but really i was... : the only real stipulation i have about potty training is that he's all done before i get prego again (not that that's even a plan in the near future). i was 'morning' sick the whole pregancy.

mama fern- where are you going to again?? i want to live there!! maybe you could 'marry' tavis and find a guy friend of yours to marry me so we could be canadian. :LOL

sorry about the cold for you mama's and not to brag but yesterday we all went to sedona (25 miles from home) and hiked in short sleeves and sandals in almost 70 degrees!!! i needed that so bad. winter is a hard time for me. i'm kinda crazy about sandals. funny thing is today we went hiking in the snow back behind where we live.

solcticemama: we miss you guys and we've recently gotten pictures from lynne from camp. razi really likes to look at them!

eilonwy- i think that picture was just about the only time razi has gone for the back carry i love those longies!! they are so cute!

i don't know if you guys know the shaker song 'simple gifts' but i love it and have been singing it lots and razi goes "gift to be simple" and it's so cute. also the other day i said come get your pants on and he says rather loudly " i don't want any pants on!" he doesn't use 'i' sentences very often but it's kinda weird to here it. he sounded like a boy not a baby!! ,yk?

leah, sending healing vibes your families way!!

wowee, this is the longest post i think i've ever written!!
Old 01-24-2005, 03:12 AM

p.s. razi hasn't taken a nap during the day for 5 days.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:38 AM

i'm in unreliable nap territory myself. it's been cold for the past two nights, which mean i'm wearing socks. i hate having my feet covered. but then i get weird if my head hasn't been shaved within the month and i can't feel the air on my skin, though i'm fine with my cool hat i knitted. i know i'm supposed to be thankful i'm in the deep south. we have played outside most of the week. but then there's about six months for the summer that we don't go outside much.

loved the britches rynna.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:16 PM

BeanBean will wake up atan obscene hour if he has a nap most days. Sometimes he sleeps anyway, though. It really puts me in a bind.

He's super needy this week. It's driving me crazy. If he doesn't get what he wants right away, he screams in my ear. He still doesn't really understand that if he screams while BooBah is trying to sleep, it will take me longer to get to him. How long until he actually understands that concept?! I'm totally going to lose it.

I had a talk with Mike last night about how we deal with BeanBean, and how his father deals with BeanBean. We really need to work on this, as a family, because I get frustrated and raise my voice and that doesn't help and Mike gets frustrated (after *much* less time dealing with him) and raises his voice.. FIL is always assuming the worst of BeanBean and that pisses me off something fierce; "he's going to dent the stove!" "he's going to break the window!" "he's going to ____!" BeanBean has never done any of these things. I got snippy with him towards the end. When he said that BeanBean was going to break the window, I told him "He's not strong enough to break that window, and if he is you need to write to the company and get your money back because it's defective." : As if a two year old could break a reinforced sliding door! I just want to kick him sometimes, I can't stand the way he talks to BeanBean. It's like now that he can talk he expects him to behave like a 20 year old, and he feels that since Mike and I won't "train" him he should step in.

Anyway, I'm working on not raising my voice, but I am so frustrated trying to meet the needs of both kids sometimes. I really feel that BooBah should have the priority, but then I think BeanBean didn't ask for a sibling... I don't know. I try to divide my time equally between them, but I don't think there is an equitable solution. And both of them want *me*; noone else will do, even if there were someone else around, which there isn't. I feel horrible.

Old 01-24-2005, 02:11 PM

oh rynna,
Old 01-24-2005, 03:11 PM

it must be so hard to find a ballanced harmonious way to be there for both kids 100% when they are both so young.. sometimes i wish so much that i had another baby, but then i realise that elwynn is still so little and still so needy..i dont think that he would cope well with another little being needing me sooo much.. it is a lesson that i need to learn because sometimes my hormones talk over anything else that i know in my mind and heart..

rynna you are such a good momma.. be gentle with yourself.

Quote:

Old 01-24-2005, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Rynna, it can be difficult, I know. there is so much more stress with two babies so close together. I think trying to tandem nurse and cLw is a LOT more of a challenge than just nursing one. You are awesome to give your babies that gift.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:56 PM

Many Rynna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mamajaza*
I think trying to tandem nurse and cLw is a LOT more of a challenge than just nursing one. You are awesome to give your babies that gift.
I agree, although I'm not tandeming yet. I plan to, and hope to CLW as well. I have been thinking about this a lot, because I see from you mamas that tandeming can be a challenge. I really hope I am up to it. I know all the benefits, and honestly can't see weaning Zoom, I just don't think I could do that, she seems to be weaning herself (slowly) but I also wonder if that will change when our new little love is here. Anyhow, I'm rambling, but what I wanted to say is that I'm worried about how I will hold up to the task of tandeming.

oh, my babe's crying....poor little one is still not feeling 100%
Old 01-25-2005, 02:00 PM

Rynna. It is so hard to take care of two little ones. I'm sure that soon you will find a balance and it will get better. You're a great mama.

For me, their routine is not the same so that I can give one on one time with them. I think this helps because DD1 knows that once her sister goes for a nap, she gets all my attention. DD2 right now doesn't know the dif. I think that when dd2 will have only one nap, I will get their routine to be the same. And then I'll be able to do lots more with them and when they both nap. That's my plan.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 01-25-2005, 02:12 PM

I am starting to drag. Not only am I dealing with David's reflux but he has added teething to the mix. Makes for a long night. The Pediatrician suggested that we try Prevacid since he has hit a plateau with the Zantac. We are going to see a Pediatric GI as well.

Christopher is teething as well. He has one molar in and 3 to go. They sure are taking their sweet time. Thank God for Hyland's teething tablets!

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
Old 01-25-2005, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjohnson
I am starting to drag. Not only am I dealing with David's reflux but he has added teething to the mix. Makes for a long night. The Pediatrician suggested that we try Prevacid since he has hit a plateau with the Zantac. We are going to see a Pediatric GI as well.
prevacid is a different class of drug than zantac; the GI is more likely to prescribe pepcid for him. my boobah takes pepcid because she's alleregic to zantac.

Old 01-25-2005, 02:40 PM

I think Zantac smells like mouthwash. I wouldn't want to swallow the stuff.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
Old 01-25-2005, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Here's my pics. there is a new one of Haeven drinking beer haha, just kidding. And I added some of my very own "sexy beast"http://www.picturetrail.com/mamajaza

User Tag List