Mothering Forum banner

when your child gets hurt and its your fault...

664 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mystic~mama 
#1 ·
this just happened to us tonight on a walk...I dont want to say exactly what happened it was a total accident and I feel badly about it...I feel guilty like it was my fault because I am the mama and I shouldnt have let it happen...now my sweety has a bruised and swollen upper lip
I dont think I will tell her daddy about this...maybe when he comes home and accidentally lets our child get hurt, then I will tell

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh I know! DD seems like a accident waiting to happen sometimes but this time it really was MY fault...an accident but still MY fault which I feel crappy about, not beating myself up, just crappy...and it didnt help that I had an audience when it happened
:

#5 ·
Oh mama, I am right there with you!! In the span of 24 hours I was accidentally the cause of pain to my sweet girl and it made me want to cry. Both times were while we were getting in the car. The first time we were getting in the car to drive down the street to our neighbors house. This is a special treat for Maggie bc she gets to sit in the front seat (their house is right down the street and we live sorta in the country, so it's not like we're on busy roads or anything). I was getting in with her in front of me and I banged her nose into the side window. At first she was crying and I wasn't sure what I hit and it was dark and I couldn't see.
Oh, I hated it! Then, the next day we were getting into the car and I didn't pay attention well and knocked her in the head with the car door. Nothing too serious, but still, how could I not pay good enough attention?
I still remember the first time that it ever happened that I was accidentally the cause of pain to her. She was 6 weeks old and we were fixing up the apartment where we were going to live. The carpet had been torn out of the front room and as a result the door didn't "catch" along the carpet like it had been doing previously. Well, I walked through the door expecting it to open and stay and it came back and hit Maggie in the head. I
and
I think more than she did. It's not so bad now, but it will never be easy.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggie'sMomma
Oh mama, I am right there with you!! In the span of 24 hours I was accidentally the cause of pain to my sweet girl and it made me want to cry. Both times were while we were getting in the car. The first time we were getting in the car to drive down the street to our neighbors house. This is a special treat for Maggie bc she gets to sit in the front seat (their house is right down the street and we live sorta in the country, so it's not like we're on busy roads or anything). I was getting in with her in front of me and I banged her nose into the side window. At first she was crying and I wasn't sure what I hit and it was dark and I couldn't see.
Oh, I hated it! Then, the next day we were getting into the car and I didn't pay attention well and knocked her in the head with the car door. Nothing too serious, but still, how could I not pay good enough attention?
I still remember the first time that it ever happened that I was accidentally the cause of pain to her. She was 6 weeks old and we were fixing up the apartment where we were going to live. The carpet had been torn out of the front room and as a result the door didn't "catch" along the carpet like it had been doing previously. Well, I walked through the door expecting it to open and stay and it came back and hit Maggie in the head. I
and
I think more than she did. It's not so bad now, but it will never be easy.
Our girls are only 4 days apart! Rayna was born on the 18th
Ive also hurt her getting in and out of the car
...it happens, I know and I really dont dwell on it but I still feel bad...its one of the *many* hard parts of being a parent...I am discovering so much lately how hard being a parent can be! But, I still want another one!

blessings

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.