Covering Ears - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-23-2005, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 19 month old's back molars are coming in, I'm assuming cause he is constantly putting his fingers in the back of his mouth and now he is starting to put toys back in his mouth more often. However, I noticed in the last week or so that he sometimes covers his ears with his hands and plays with his ears more. Did you notice your little one playing with or covering his ears more when they were teething? I guess the pain nerves are all connected around the mouth to the ears. I don't think it could be another ear infection, cause everytime he got one in the past he would get a fever. Plus it's been over 9 months since his last ear infection.

So any mom's out there who's little one covers their ears or rubs their ears a lot discover it was due to molars coming in? Otherwise, he doesn't seem to be in any pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2005, 02:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter went through a phase where she covered/plugged her ears quite frequently. I never connected it to teeth : but it definately could have been that her molars were bothering her. The phase passed or the teeth came in.

Not much help but wanted you to know you are not alone with this.
JoyfulMomma

User Tag List