potty training 13 month old? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-07-2005, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i hope it is ok...i posted this in ec also. but i want to get opinions from moms of toddlers who do not necessarily ec.

hi. i ran out of clean diapers yesterday so i tried to see if my 13 month old ds would go in the potty. he peed in it several times- no poop. i was thinking about doing this part-time so he can learn how to pee in the potty, so he can feel wet less, and so i can wash dipes less. what do you guys think? i have been reading the info on the sticky in the elimmination comm forum. i still have some questions.

will it confuse him to go part time in his diaper? is anyone else doing this? is this potty learning or ec? why do ppl recommend waiting until 2 yo to potty train? is there anything else i should know? he peed in the potty some today too. i just said "pee in the potty." he can do some signs, say some words, and walk. i always thought that i would wait for him to potty train on his own w/o much effort on my part, but this is kinda interesting and i wonder if i have a window of opportunity here. i'm not really trying to pt necessarily, but just want him to be aware of what peeing is (and possibly pooping down the road).

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-07-2005, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

also, have one more question. he peed in the potty like four times yesterday and 2x today. does anyone have a similar experience? thanks.
#3 of 3 Old 02-07-2005, 07:52 PM

YAY! We've been doing this since Sept/Oct now with my 19 month old!

I say encourage and not discourage Luke goes poop in the potty almost every day now he pees some too. He spends diaper free time a lot when we are home and he is more aware of what's going on. Also I have noticed a BIG change while he is wearing a diaper he lets me know when he is going, etc.

I don't know why there are any age recommendations on potty training And breastfeeding is a whole other story for us.....(past 12 months here).

We were at my bible study group last night and when I shared that Luke goes pee & poop in the toilet a few were shocked :LOL I shared that babies can use the potty too its just our "society" that sets time limits, etc.

And it is normal for some days to be successful using the potty 100% and other 50% just go with the flow.

Whoops one more thing. Do you have a little potty for him? It sounds like you do but I highly recommend the baby bjorn little potty. The one that is one piece. A friend of mine on here recommended it to us (thanks Jenn )...The other one that has the pull out cup thing is more like a toy and Luke likes playing with it :

Good Luck on your upcoming potty adventures

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page