~Nov/Dec '03 - March Thread~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 127 Old 03-20-2005, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks gals for all the tails of tantrums. i feel better knowing that other kids are violently flaying themselves on hard floors and also can sympathize so much with feeling pissed off when dh seems so stressed and i'm supposed to empathize with him but all i can think is--yeah and you were without children all day and could actually complete a task that was important to you! also i can sympathize with the feeling of being touched out and tugged out, and just really wanting to transport myself to a spa in Mexico for just a couple of hours...sometimes it is necessary to hide yourself for five minutes and relax, a mini meditation so that you can be fully present with your children. for me, being fully present is so much better, they know i'm really there, they're happier, and when i do slip off, they don't chase me down--i can go pee by myself and read something for a few minutes, and walk on the beach in my mind...

Tanner is also patting my boobs a lot and pulling my shirt over. he seems more interested in nursing than Ian was. Ian would be way too busy or entertained to think about nursing at a playground, where tanner will come and take breaks for a micro snack. It's really not even worth his time--i don't even know if the milk really comes down--it's like he's reassuring himself that his access is still guaranteed--he loves his milk! he ate a huge supper tonight and still cam by for his mama's milk desert.
Also, Ian really like cow's milk when we gave it to him around 1 year, and tanner at 15 months has no interest whatsoever--in fact he spits it out!--but he'll eat cheese...

Tanner's first fully formulated, totally intelligible word is "bubble"--the same as his brother's first word. they seem to be "hard-wired" very similarly, very mechancial and active, very interested in trucks, tools, and the way things work, great gross motor skills, but also very gentle while looking at my earrings (most of the time)...ok i love talking about my boys!
#62 of 127 Old 03-20-2005, 10:24 PM

to everyone since it seems like we all need them from dealing with drama kings & queens, temper tantrums, being touched out (so there with you right now), teething, hitting/sibling issues, and sleep problems. Just typing that I'm exhausted!

So instead of whining (as always), I have a couple of cute stories to tell. First ... the other night, as I was taking a bath with ds (he's decided that he will only bathe if I bathe with him), I gave him a big wet bear hug in the bathtub and sing-songed "I love you." He looked up at me, smiled, and signed "more." And he did that over and over and over again. Made all the trying times of the day just melt away.

Then a day or two ago, while nursing, something caused Henry to pop off just as the milk was letting down. This gave him a nice squirt in the face (that hasn't happened in a really long time). He thought it was really funny so I squirted it in his face again and he giggled hysterically. So now about 2 or 3 times a day, he'll stop nursing, try to express some with his hands (doesn't work), and then I'll squirt him in the face again. This sends him into fits of giggles, even when it goes in his eyes or up his nose (let's just say that I have really bad aim). Silly boy.

That's all for me for now. I've got work on my mom's taxes and pay some bills. Have a great night everyone!
#63 of 127 Old 03-21-2005, 03:19 PM

Amy ~ the squirting milk story gave me a good laugh :LOL How cute!

Jessicas top molars are poking almost through the skin now, which explains some of the issues we've been having. I had thought that once the bottom ones came through, I would get my happy, sleeping baby back but that hasn't happened, and now I know why. I got brave yesterday and put my fingers in her mouth to check. OUCH those little teeth are sharp!!! And she just thinks it's hilarious to bite me and listen to me holler - little monkey!

she's developing some compassion I think. All day yesterday if we were playing and she got a bit rough by either pulling my hair, slapping me, head butting me (something she just loves to do and thinks is hilarious) I would say ouch and pull back a bit. she started leaning in to give me a kiss - to make it all better AWWWW - that was so sweet!

I'm getting a bit of a break today. Mikayla is out of school for 4 weeks so she is outside with both little ones playing in the back yard - mommy has the whole QUIET house to herself for a little bit. Hmmm, what should I do? Laundry? Dishes? Clean bathrooms? Make beds? Nah, I think I'll play on the computer for awhile :LOL
#64 of 127 Old 03-21-2005, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
okay, i have a funny (scary?) story for y'all. my little bean's latest obsession is climbing on stuff. usually it's just the little kid chairs or the couch or futon -- sometimes the child's rocker we have (mine when i was little), but yesterday she discovered a new climbing toy. the weather here was gorgeous so we were out on the deck. dd1 was riding her trikes and little bean seemed interested so i went and got out the radio flyer wooden scooter. couldn't find a picture just like it online, but it has a little flat wooden seat. well, you probably guessed by now, little bean doesn't sit on the seat, but puts those little feet on there and stands right up. she looks like she's doing trick motorcycle riding standing on that little tiny seat not holding onto anything. then she says, "BIG" and "MONKA" (monkey). makes a mama nervous (big bean was never a climber), but it was pretty durn cute, too :LOL .

in other news, i was swinging her by her hands at the park today and her a teeny pop in her wrist and then she cried. she fell asleep on the way home and is still asleep, but i hope i didn't pop her wrist out of joint. i have a friend who's younger ds used to always get his elbow out of joint. ouch!

take care all and happy spring!

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#65 of 127 Old 03-21-2005, 10:59 PM

its been an ... interesting day here. too much to explain, but here's the short story...

lastnight, DH asked his dad and FIL's DW to let him know when they are going to light up a cigarrette so he can take sage out of the house. FILs DW has a meltdown and left this morning, w/ suitcase and toothbrush...as in, leaving FIL, b/c she doesn't want ppl to tell her what to do in her house and she thought FIL would tell DH he was out of line... SHe's back now, i guess she calmed down. FIL is talking to her in the house, we are in our room.

Ugh. family.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#66 of 127 Old 03-22-2005, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980

its been an ... interesting day here. too much to explain, but here's the short story...

lastnight, DH asked his dad and FIL's DW to let him know when they are going to light up a cigarrette so he can take sage out of the house. FILs DW has a meltdown and left this morning, w/ suitcase and toothbrush...as in, leaving FIL, b/c she doesn't want ppl to tell her what to do in her house and she thought FIL would tell DH he was out of line... SHe's back now, i guess she calmed down. FIL is talking to her in the house, we are in our room.

Ugh. family.
Big hug to you mama! You will be out of there soon.

More later....( pls excuse the drive by post)
#67 of 127 Old 03-22-2005, 02:16 PM

Wow Christy - sounds like Sage isn't the only drama queen in that house :LOL Only a few more weeks, right? And fwiw - I don't think dh was out of line at all, I would want to know if someone was going to light up around my kids - I'd take them out of the room as well. It's not like he was asking HER to leave or anything!

UG, the rain has returned! It's almost comical, the week before spring was sunny, warm and gorgeous, the first couple of days of spring and it has been cold, rainy and yucky!

We are leaving Thursday afternoon to go to the mountains. We are spending Easter weekend at dh's grandparent's cabin. The whole friggin' family is coming up Saturday (as in grandparents, MIL, FIL, youngest BIL) and then the rest are coming Sunday (other BIL, SIL, 4 neices and nephews) Mind you, this is a very small cabin, it used to be one room with a bathroom on th side then g'pa added a bedroom downstairs and an additional one upstairs, but still VERY small space and with all those kids running around - and having SIL who I absolutely despise and I know will be moping around because she doesn't want to be there - it's going to be one fun Easter Then when we get back, that gives me 4 days to get everything cleaned, packed and ready because we are leaving next friday for AZ. Hmm, maybe I better spend more time on the house and less on the computer :LOL nah, the computer is more fun
#68 of 127 Old 03-22-2005, 08:04 PM

liz and sherri~~yeah, step-MIL is kinda nutty, but only 10% as nutty as MIL is, lol. no matter how bad it got here, i'd still rather be here than w/ MIL. I think Step-MIL is just tired of us being here, (5 months now), and DH asking her to do that was like the last straw, plus her son went into jail today for assaulting FIL last month, so I know she is stressed and then DH has to add ONE MORE THING to her plate, ykwim? I havent talked to her yet today, dd and I went shopping : even tho we werent supposed to, :, but I didnt want to stay in our room all day, and I didnt want to go in the house if step-MIL was going to be mean to me, yk?

Sage is saying, "Aw, Cool!" when she sees something she likes, and "wow!" Its very cute. I got her some sunglasses at the store today and she kept putting them on and telling the cashier, "cool! cool!" and "I'm pretty!" I think "I'm pretty" is her fav. she nods her head when she says it, totally confident in her prettiness, lol.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#69 of 127 Old 03-22-2005, 10:42 PM

ok tanner is sick AGAIN. he was sick a week and a half ago with a virus that started with vomiting and continued on with diarrhea for 9 days...before that he had a chest infection with diarrhea...now he seems to have the same virus (roto?) it started with vomiting last night and has continued with diarrhea all day today and some vomiting...oh mamas, i'm worried. my eldest, ian, was never sick like this (he, too recently had a GI bug--but has three diar. illnesses in 3 years...tanner's had many in his 15 months?!?!)...i bought some acidopholus today for myself that will be passed to him through his breast milk. we are doing the Bananas, rice, applesauce and toast diet and echinacea. this too shall pass (i hope) :
#70 of 127 Old 03-22-2005, 11:34 PM
bec

Ok, I'm not supposed to be telling anyone this, so keep this really quiet, OK? :LOL

Sometime late next November, early December, the : is going to be visiting us again.

I'm sort of in shock right now.

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#71 of 127 Old 03-23-2005, 01:12 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Oops, did i say that too loud? LOL!

I am SOOOO jealous!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! WOW!!!

So was this planned, or just a total surprise??

OMG I'm so happy for you!

#72 of 127 Old 03-23-2005, 01:17 AM

zenfulmama~~clean everything in the house w/ bleach or lysol. I know it sounds really harsh, but he could be re-infecting himself with something there, anything from the toilet handle to a favorite toy. wash the stuffed animals w/ a little bleach in the washer, dip the plastic toys (non-electronic ones) in a 5 gallon bucket filled w/ water and 2 tablespoons bleach for 1 hour. spray and wipe down electronic toys w/ lysol.

I hope he gets better soon. poor little guy.

#73 of 127 Old 03-23-2005, 01:46 PM

Bec ... Congratulations!!!!!

I have the same question as Christy ... surprise or not? I have to admit ... I'm a little jealous ...

zenfulmama ... First, I'm not trying to alarm you with the following, but the length and frequency of symptoms make me suspicious. Has your ds had any trouble gaining or maintaining weight (now or previously)? If he's had many bouts of gastrointestinal like illness I'd be concerned with something like Crohn's Disease or serious food allergies (like to gluten, wheat, soy, or dairy) or food poisoning. You might want to have him evaluated. Then again, maybe it's just a peristant bug. Push as many fluids on him as you can, including bm, obviously. Dehydration is a big concern. But I hope he feels better!

So, for those of you celebrating Easter, what are you doing this weekend? We're going to my ILs (but my mom will be there, too) in upstate NY. We leave around naptime on Friday and come back Sunday afternoon/evening. I'm getting tired of having all the holidays at their house. The only resolution to this problem is going to be me getting pg and just not feeling like traveling while pg (my dh hated going anywhere b/c we had to stop at every bathroom on the way :LOL) or with 2 kiddos. At least we might be able to keep ds calm in the car with M&Ms (he discovered those last week : ). I'll surrender my AP/NFL license one of these days ...
#74 of 127 Old 03-23-2005, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Bec- I'm so excited for you!!!!! I must say that I am a little jealous too ( did I say that : ) Congratulations!!!!!!!

Houston- we have a working bathroom !!!!!! Only 2 months and counting later We did end uip getting the Toto toilet and it is a beaut!!!! I can't wait to "christen" it. :LOL okay I need to get a life...

ETA: zenfulmama Hope he gets better. gotta run- Evan is helping the workman and trying to climb the ladder
#75 of 127 Old 03-23-2005, 02:35 PM

yay on the potty Liz! enjoy! :LOL

Easter plans~~Well, DH, DD, the dogs and I are going to Flint to visit DH's famliy. we'll be gone all weekend, so I wont be around. We're doing something w/ BIL on friday, then an egg hunt saturday w/ DH's maternal side of the family, and an egg hunt sunday w/ DH's paternal side of the family. And dinners both days. Should be fun. Last year, Sage was too little for anything, but she should have a ton of fun hunting eggs and presents!

#76 of 127 Old 03-23-2005, 03:57 PM

: (<---non alcoholic of course)

Congratulations Bec!!! Add another jealous mama to your list! I've really been having baby fever lately but we just don't have the room for another baby in this house - although if I were to get pregnant it might be the incentive needed to get dh moving on that addition I've been wanting....hmmm...... Really though, I am so happy for you!!

We are spending Easter in the mountains as dh's grandparent's cabin. We are going up tomorrow night, FIL, MIL and BIL are going up friday night or saturday, and dh's grandparents are going up saturday. It will be super ultra cramped since there are only 2 beds, that means dh and I and the girls - and BIL will all be sleeping on the living room floor, this should be interesting!

zenfulmama - I hope Tanner gets well soon, and stays well this time! Poor little guy, there's nothing worse than having a sick baby - it makes you feel so helpless!
#77 of 127 Old 03-23-2005, 07:22 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's_Mamma
I have the same question as Christy ... surprise or not? I have to admit ... I'm a little jealous ...

The answer to that question is...I'll never tell! :LOL

Seriously, I never want my baby to ever hear, or read that they were not completely planned and yearned for. So, from this moment forward (or at least from the moment I read the EPT), I am maintaining that we planned this!

Bec

#78 of 127 Old 03-23-2005, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec
The answer to that question is...I'll never tell! :LOL

Seriously, I never want my baby to ever hear, or read that they were not completely planned and yearned for. So, from this moment forward (or at least from the moment I read the EPT), I am maintaining that we planned this!

Bec
Fair enough!!! Again, congrats!
#79 of 127 Old 03-23-2005, 09:23 PM

Bec congrats! I love your answer to "was this planned". People kept asking me things like was this an "oops" or was this an accident. (something about having my kids close together makes people think we couldn't possibly have wanted that) It started to really infuriate me. Were we trying? no. We weren't not trying either. But either way I could never look at my children as "accidents" or "oops". I tell people we were surprised and I LOVE surprises! And that better be the only thing my son ever hears! My mil and I have already had words over her choice of words. I explained to her that if I ever heard that she told my son he was an accident or anyhting close to that it would be thing he ever heard from her again!
#80 of 127 Old 03-23-2005, 11:59 PM

(whining) I wanna get pregnant! Wah!!!

:LOL

that's a fair answer, and a good one, too. Ppl always asked me if sage was an "accident" or was she planned...I said, "she was planned by someone, just not us!" or "We planned to get pg, just not this soon!" it usually shut them up. We finally admitted that we were TTC her after she was born. I was getting aggravated w/ family.

Congrats again....and Carra, when you deliver, (since you'll be first ) you HAVE to post pics here....I'm gonna say that's mandatory!! LOL!! :LOL And since i see you're having a boy...here's a link to the circumcision forum.

#81 of 127 Old 03-24-2005, 06:12 PM
bec

Come and join us Christy!

I don't know if we'll find out the sex before the birth, but I can assure you that I will never circumsize a boy, if I have a son. That was a decision we made early on in my pregnancy with Katie, and nothing has changed my mind.

I'm feeling pretty yucky right now, so I know I must be pregnant! :LOL And I used my second EPT and have tested positive again!

I wonder if I can persuade Emily to try to nurse when the baby gets here. I'll try, anyway! And if she won't, maybe I'll pump occasionally for her.

Bec

#82 of 127 Old 03-24-2005, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
bec, that's wonderful! congratulations!

okay, i better get this naked baby (oops, i guess i mean toddler) off the futon before she pees!

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#83 of 127 Old 03-24-2005, 09:43 PM

henry's mama--you know my boy is a BIG boy...he was born 9 lbs 7 oz. At his last "official" weigh in he was 30 1/2 lbs. 3 1/2 lbs less than my 3 yr. old...so, no he has never had any trouble gaining weight, and doesn't seem to have lost any yet--but i'm suspicious, too. my current theory is that his immune system took a hard hit and just wasn't up to par by the time he got exposed again--possibly at the church nursery or gym day care, where he was for 30 minutes to an hour...or maybe it was salmonella. or could be something else. i hope and pray not, i'm checking out the chrone's link now. he vomited once today (after i gave him echinacea) and has had a lot less diarrhea i think he is recovering. wouldn't food allergies have manifested themselves earlier than this?

also, : congratulations bec!
#84 of 127 Old 03-24-2005, 10:57 PM

I WANT to join you! beleive me!! We just have to resolve this whole pesky "house" business first! :LOL I'm telling you, when we move in, I think I'll be ready to TTC after the 1st week there! lol.

#85 of 127 Old 03-24-2005, 10:58 PM

oh, and i have to find a homebirth MW first, before we ttc....I will NOT go back to the hosptial, and the closest one to this town (that does L&D) is 80 miles away!

#86 of 127 Old 03-25-2005, 10:57 AM

BEC!!!!!!

okay, i've been lurking on this thread forever and have never posted, because i didn't want to be *too* much of a stalker. this has always been you territory even though jbutt is the same age and all that -- silly, i know.

but for this i just have to delurk.

omigod, omigod, omigod! am i allowed to tell phil? i'd hate to ruin the surprise, but since i already know... and here i was so paranoid when i found out about our pending september arrival that you'd come across one of my messages here, ugh! i'm so sorry you didn't get to tell me in person, but

I'M SO TOTALLY STOKED FOR YOU GUYS!!!

::: lori
(who should now stay delurked after all that... anyone mind if i join up?)
#87 of 127 Old 03-25-2005, 11:10 AM
bec

:LOL Lori! You should have joined 15 months ago!!! I don't mind the stalking, really!

Thanks for the congrats. Sure, tell Phil. Pretty much the only ones who don't know are my family. I just can't help but !

I was thinking of you yesterday, actually.

I did want to tell you guys in person (I didn't think any of my real life friends that post here were on this thread :LOL . One of the reasons I haven't added it to my sig yet), but this is cool too.

We've got my little brother in law (have you met Andy yet?) over for the week, but would you guys like to get together this weekend?

Bec

#88 of 127 Old 03-25-2005, 11:39 AM

And since i see you're having a boy...here's a link to the circumcision forum.

I wish I had known more about this subject when Carter was born. I left the decision up to dh because I didn't know enough about the subject. We have had several complications with his and decided shortly after he was born that we would never put another child of ours through that.
#89 of 127 Old 03-25-2005, 12:04 PM

well now it's in your sig... i was the same way. i'm glad we got to tell you guys in person (though let's just say phil's announcement was odd, at best -- we really hadn't talked about how we'd tell, just that we would).

we're off to indiana this weekend for easter. blegh. next weekend maybe? or is that what you meant?

i'm thrilled we're going through this together again. but this time there's no chance of being in labor the same time with the same birth team. darn! (okay, not really!)

okay, i've gotta go wake phil up and tell him now. it's his turn to take a shift now, i had the early one. he's making brunch this morning too -- lucky me! homemade french toast (good eats style). mmmm.

gotta go, jasper is heading towards the dog and this isn't going to end well if i don't intervene.

talk soon! congrats again!!!
::: lori
#90 of 127 Old 03-25-2005, 12:48 PM

Oh Carra, to Carter. i'm sorry you guys had to deal with complications. Its tough. My DH almost lost his entire penis due to infection when he was a babe. Seriously, they were talking gender-reassignment and everything. But he recovered and he's restored his foreskin to about 90% of what it might have been had he been left intact. The circ forum here has some great resources as far as "being different from dad/brother" conversations and such.

Lori~yes, you can post here, lol. silly mama!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page