~Nov/Dec '03 - March Thread~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-02-2005, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey y'all! Since nobody had started a March thread, I decided to go ahead and do it.

Evan, his friend Walker, Walker's mama, Gretchen and I went to the Zoo yesterday and we had a great time. Evan loved the petting zoo, especially the huge longhorn. :LOL He wasn't scared a bit.

We are going to the Houston Rodeo later this month annd I can't wait!! It is an awesome rodeo and Livestock show, and I think Evan will love it. I'm also looking forward to returning to Houston. There is so much to do there.

Sleep sucks the big one over here- still those pesky eye teeth : but I think I am in a delirious state of sleep deprivation. I'm actually in a good mood :LOL

Hope everyone has a good day! Happy March- Spring is coming!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2005, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMama
Happy March- Spring is coming!!
Spring? Really? Where? We shoveled out from another 10" of snow yesterday. Actually, dh shoveled a path from the back door to his car , I shoveled the front walk (with a lot of "help"), and my WONDERFUL neighbor used his blower to blow out the sidewalk and my driveway. I owe him big time. In sadder news, I just learned that the 2 yo ds of a neighbor I barely know has leukemia. I'm trying to figure out what I should do, if anything. They haven't been home in a couple of weeks so there are no meals to bring or anything. I guess I just keep them in my thoughts and prayers. Any ideas?

There's no sleep here, either. I've had a miserable cold for a week, ds just got over a cold only to have a mystery fever yesterday and last night, and he's working hard on those molars (but still no progress from what I can tell). He's also all but given up on solids regardless of what I put in front of him, so he's nursing long and hard around the clock. I'm going a little , especially b/c I have a houseful of people coming on Sunday, and my house is in no condition for company.

Anyway, I hope the weather improves. I need to get ds outside so he can run around in circles around the block or something. Hope everyone is well!
Old 03-03-2005, 03:58 AM

I'm here Late and forgetful as usual :LOL DD is cutting her molars (screaming and sobbing....her gums are bleeding) so she is miserable

The weather was so nice (cool and sunny) but then it switched to rain. Which we need, but it still sucks.

Amy...can you shovel their drive way or sidewalk, collect the papers, tape a note to their door (as I am sure they come home for very short times) offering to water plants or take care of animals, do laundry. Maybe ask around the neighbourhood and see if they have a friend who knows what you can do to help.

DD is talking up a storm, her favourites being Mama and daddy (over and over and over). She gets so frustrated when she can't keep up with her 3 year old brother. And funny enough, the playgroup we go to for DS speech therapy is really helping DD be less needy. Which is a good thing

I actually feel like having another (ain't EVER gunna happen tho :LOL )
Old 03-03-2005, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Amy: The weather here has been pretty good. 50s and 60s, and sunny until yesterday.

Sorry to hear about your neighbor's kid. I agree with PadmaMorgana. Offer to pick up their papers and water plants, etc. I'm sure that they would really appreciate it.

ALso hope you and Henry feel better soon. Those molars and eye teeth are real buggers.

PadmaMorgana
Quote:
Originally Posted by PadmaMorgana
I actually feel like having another (ain't EVER gunna happen tho :LOL )
I've been fighting the baby fever. I know that Evan requires more "baby time" since he is a spirited child. And high energy. :LOL

Hope everyone has agood day!

Where is everyone? Shan, Tammi, Sherri, Christy, Stacy, nonnymouse, cmili, guerillamama, etc.... did I run everyone off?
Old 03-03-2005, 09:01 PM

Sherri (in reference to your last post on the Feb. thread) ... hope everyone feels better. That stomach bug has been going around here, too, although, thankfully (and I hope I don't jinx myself) we've avoided it thus far. Just nasty colds around here.

We have part of a molar finally! That explains the fever the other day/night. He's back to eating some now, too, which is good. Just wish he'd get back to sleeping. Someday, right?

Language and signing have picked up enormously. He's using the sign for more all the time and is really trying to talk. And he's very watchful when I sign new things although he hasn't started using many of them yet. Unfortunately, I don't understand it half the time which makes him frustrated. But he's gotten much better with showing me what he wants or needs, so that helps. I wish he'd learn to nod yes, though.

Quote:
I've been fighting the baby fever. I know that Evan requires more "baby time" since he is a spirited child. And high energy.
That's how I feel about Henry. I think we're going to try to wait until he's closer to 3 to have a baby (so ttc end of this year), but that might change if dh finds out he's up for partnership at the end of next year. He can't very well take paternity leave (he took 6 weeks off for Henry and wants to do the same for the next baby ) in the middle of that, so we might have to wait longer or start sooner so his leave is earlier in the year. Too many variables, I tell you.

Gotta run. My ds is trying to share his fruit with me. Incidentally, is it possible for a child to eat TOO many raisins? He's on the biggest raisin kick ...
Old 03-03-2005, 09:58 PM

Amy~~raisins have alot of iron in them, so he might get constipated if he eats too many.

Liz~~ i was lost and didnt know another thread had started, :LOL!

Sherri~~ I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Its been kinda crazy around here. AF was late, so i took a pg test and it was negative...then AF showed up about an hour later : So i wasted a $9 test! oh well. I think its all the stress of the house, teething, upset tummy, no sleep, etc finally getting to me.

I cant remember if I told you guys or not, but i talked DH into TTC a little sooner...like after we move! I dont know how soon after tho, b/c i would like to lose a little weight first and get back on vitamins/folic acid for a couple of months before we TTC. But we'll see. I was also researching MW's in the area, and I think I might actually get to have a homebirth with #2...that would be awesome. I dont want to go back to a hospital ever again.

talked to the realtor today. they're going to turn the power/gas on by monday, so DH and FIL can do the repairs and we can have everything inspected/appraised. The title loan agreement came in yesterday. we're getting close!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Old 03-04-2005, 12:32 AM

Liz ~ I'm here, I've just been super sick. I posted about it on the february thread, before I knew there was a March thread. I think my fever finally broke or is almost gone anyway. It was up to 102.9 earlier today, it was down to 99.5 a little while ago. I have to be better tomorrow though. mikayla has her first cross country meet in the morning and Jesi has her 15 month check up in the afternoon. I don't know how dh managed it, but he didn't get sick, somehow it doesn't seem fair! Especially since I was so sick yesterday and today and he went to work and left me with the kids - and the two youngest were absolute little MONSTERS today!!! OMG if I could have found a buyer I would have sold them!

Well I'm still a bit run down so I am going to go lay down. I really hope none of you get this stuff, it's just horrible!!!
Old 03-04-2005, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

SHerri - Stomach bugs suck! Hope you and your girls are feeling better.

Christy- on the house coming together. Soon you wil be moving in!!!!!

re: TTC - I'm still on prenatals and will continue to be as long as I continue to BF. I know that it isn't "necessary" but when I stopped, my hair fell out and I became anemic. So prenatals it is. It's so hard to know that I should wait, but want to get preggo. I will have to wait until DS potty trains- I was so sick when I was prego with Evan that there is no way that I could handle his poopy diapers I have enough trouble handling then now. :LOL

Amy: Language hasn't picked up over here, but he is gesturing more and getting better at expressing himself. That's awesome about the signing. I wish that I had kept up with the signing.

We played with bubbles yesterday. He loved them. He kept trying to grab them and eat them :LOL He has wanted to be outside so much I had to figure out something for us to do out there that didn't involve eating dirt and leaves.

We got a potty for Evan yesterday. I ended up getting the Totco potty, since it looks the most like a big potty. He has sat on it a couple of times but hasn't "done" anything in it yet. I'm kind of waiting until my potty comes in ( I ended up ording a Toto- thanks for the rec) and put them side by side to start PT. He is staying drier longer and longer, and squats when he goes so I know that he is getting ready

Gotta run. Happy Friday!
Old 03-04-2005, 11:47 AM

has anyone used those potty seats that attach to the regular potty? Its just like a regular potty seat, only smaller...I was thinking of getting one of those when we move, and starting potty learning...I may wait a month or so, that way the shock of moving will have subsided a little.

we're going to get an easter dress for sage today.

and i'm sucking on a flintstone vitamin right now. I started taking them again yesterday. i hate them, but i have a worse time with regular prenatals, so flintstones it is!

ttfn

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:24 PM
bec

Christy - Katie uses one of the little seats on the big potty. But she didn't use it until she was a little older and pretty much trained. The big potty was really scary to her. I think she was afraid of falling in. We have the potty seat that makes music when they pee or poop! :LOL

I'm not even bothering taking out the potty chair yet. Emily had her diaper off for not even 5 minutes this morning to air out while I got her clothes and stuff out. She peed on the carpet three times, and pooped once! Little stinker was just waiting for the chance.

We've all had colds here, too. I hate not being able to breathe. But I will tell you this; I have really been enjoying being able to take tons of cold medicines that I wouldn't want to take if I was still nursing or pumping!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Old 03-04-2005, 04:36 PM

We've had the sickies around here, too. Rosaline has had so many colds that DH has actually taught her to blow her nose. She thinks it's fun, (which is useful,) and now whenver she grabs a hunk of cloth (CD, my underwear from the hamper, dishtowel,) she wipes her nose with it. :LOL

No molars or canines, though, that I can tell anyway. She won't let my fingers in her mouth. Anyone else have trouble with teeth brushing? She just wants to grab the toothbrush and chew on it.

Does anyone have pets, and if so, how in HECK do you keep the baby away from the doggie water??? She was being good about it for awhile. But now she just ignores the "No" and toddles over there. She doesn't cry when we take it away, as she does other things (presumably because she already knows it's off-limits,) but it's sad for the poor dog to not have his water available to him.

Am getting frustrated with not having outside time with her. It's been POURING rain here. I want to move to the country where she can run and play. I like our neighborhood, but there's still no ROOM for her to explore outside without getting into a) the street or b) other people's yards. *sigh*
Old 03-04-2005, 07:00 PM

It's nowhere near spring here. TONS of snow. The snowman hasn't even shrunk and he's at least 2 weeks old now...

Just hangin in there arond here, DD is still giving me fits about potty training. DS has two more teeth he's cutting and he's extra clingy. Poor guy
Old 03-05-2005, 01:11 AM

N2thewoods~~sage can blow her nose too, and she covers her mouth when she sneezes and coughs.

bec~~thanks for the info on the potty seat. step-MIL wants to get sage a hand-made wooden potty with a magazine rack and a TP holder attached! I told her that i thought that might be a little fancy, considering its basically a recepticle for poo, and she laughed and said, "we'll see..." I think she might be getting it for easter or housewarming or soemthing, i dunno

I found her the cutest easter dress, and i got her some books for her easter basket. I got DH some peeps, ( LOL i almost typed "poops" : ).

she has been soooo good today. i love days like this. except she was super-picky at dinner. Her teeth havent been bothering her as much today i guess, so that's good.

ttfn

Old 03-05-2005, 01:29 AM

Wow, I've been very busy and as always you guys have been very chatty.

Christy - glad the house stuff is coming together. Woohoo on TTC. I guess I'm the only one who jumped right back on that wagon. Glad someone else is going to join. Although I'm past the half way mark.

Potties - huh, you know the thought hadn't crossed my mind. I guess if Carter were showing sings of readiness I'd be thinking about it. I just don't think he's anywhere close.

Carter isn't picking up language at the rate I thought he would. We know for a while his chronic ear fluid was affecting his hearing but we won't know if the tubes are helping with this till our follow up in about 4 weeks.

Carter is off cow's milk completely. I'm pretty sure he's allergic, intolerant or at the very least sensitive. We are going in for allergy tests week to see what might going on there. His sleep patterns seem very closley related to what he eats so this our first step in trying to figure all the possibilities on why.

Well, he's asleep now and since I never know how long that will last I am going to join him.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:01 AM
bec

Emily will blow her nose. She also has no problems wiping it on my clothes, my arms, hands, face. It's kind of disgusting, and I wish she'd stop. :LOL

She's really good about brushing teeth, though! She wants to be like big sister, I guess. She will even tug out the step stool so she can come up to the bathroom sink. She'll stand on the stool and look at me and open her mouth. It is really adorable.

But it has been impossible to take her out to a restaurant lately. My dad is staying with us for a few days because he has work in the area, so he took us out to dinner tonight. Emily was little miss fuss-pot! She wanted to get down and wander around the restaurant. She didn't want to be in the high chair. She didn't want to be held by me. Nothing would calm her.

We have our dog's water in the laundry room. It isn't usually accessible, because we are usually upstairs and behind a gate. When the dog wants food or water, I let him downstairs, he gets what he wants, and comes back up. No way could I have it out somewhere more accessible. She would be constantly drenched!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Old 03-05-2005, 04:45 AM

Jessica is talking up a storm! I can't understand 90% of it, but she's talking! It sounds somthing like "bwatha baga thibaptha gatha beebee" Unless of course I am sitting down, then she comes over, starts lifting my shirt and says clear as day "boobee boobee boobee" I just love it when she has "conversations" with me. She gets this very serious look on her face and just starts babbling at me - it's so cute

Margo - there are lots of places for sale in Madera (north of Fresno) on an acre or more of land. I couldn't live in the city again, I love having the space for the kids to run and play. I could do without the rain for awhile though, I'm totally with you on that one!!!

Jesi LOVES to blow her nose. If someone else blows their nose, she comes toddling up with a squished up face and blowing out her nose. She'll get upset if you don't get a tissue and put it to her nose - it's so cute!

I am SO loving this stage - it's just so much fun to watch this little person change, learn and explore. They change so much and do the most adorable things!

Oh, milk. Jessica will not drink milk in any way shape or form (except mommy milk anyway) She had her 15 month check up today and the doctor gave me the "she needs to be drinking milk" lecture. I said she IS drinking milk - mine Her weight is on the super low end of the stupid charts, she weighs 19 pounds 6 ounces and is 34 inches tall. The doctor was concerned because her weight is falling according to their charts - well Danielle's did the exact same thing! They worried me into having all these stupid tests done on Danielle, even had us see a nutritionist, and there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with her. My girls are just going to be small! The doctor started to make noise about Jesi's weight and I put my foot down and said she's exactly where Danielle was and there's nothing wrong with her. Gee I was snarky today!! :LOL

well I suppose I have enough for today - can you tell I'm feeling better? Have a great weekend ladies!!
Old 03-05-2005, 03:55 PM

i'm not gonna be around this weekend, going to a family event a couple of hours away, so we're spending the night.

dont talk too much while I'm gone, lol. altho i think they're shutting the boards down tomorrow

well y'all take care.

Old 03-05-2005, 08:51 PM

Luckily we are all healthy here. Knock quietly on wood.

Dog water: Yeah...that one is a challenge. I do the "we don't play with Daisy's water" and redirect. It usually works (although she does dip a cloth in it and suck on it....yeck), but the dog water is in our kitchen/family room where we always are so I can supervise. She usually leaves it alone.

Sherri....good for you, girl you just have small kids. someone has to be on that bottom of the curve or there would be no curve. DD (14 months) doesn't get milk. Well, except mine. she is kinda sensitive to dairy and can tolerate a bit of cheese and yogurt, but I don't want to push it. My doctor doesn't believe me, hence why we haven't seen him in a while :LOL

The kids are sooo different. At this age DS hated to talk on the phone. DD won't put it down. Today she was talking to daddy (he is out of town for a few weeks) and was laughing hysterically and all he was doing was talking. Of course daddy being gone is also a challange as she won't sleep in her crib (attatched to the bed) she wants to sleep in daddy's spot....sideways....with her feet in my face. I just sleep in the crib :LOL

And her teeth came in Well...just one. Another one is on it's way. It was 3 days of pure hell. For everyone. Her molar came in all 4 points at the same time. No wonder it hurt.

Things are actually going well. As DD gets older she is less needy and I can actually get some stuff done. If I am quick. She is quite the high need thing, but that is ok, I like taking care of her DS is ok with it as I can play with him and have DD on my lap at the same time. They are starting to chase each other around (DD is finally holding her own too) which they do laughing their heads off. Patta patta patta THUD giggle giggle giggle. DS really loves his little sister

Old 03-06-2005, 01:14 AM

Hi everyone ... what a chatty bunch today!

Other than that I have laryngitis and sound awful, there is nothing new to report in my world. We're having (I think) 14 people for dinner tomorrow (Sun) night, so I've spent the better part of today cleaning and cooking. I made dh a list and sent him and ds out on errands today so they'd be out from underfoot. But I'm basically ready except for some prep tomorrow morning and some last minute cleaning/straightening. I'll send dh and ds for bagels in the morning to get that done. :LOL

Yay on the house Christy! Just wait 'til closing ... you'll never believe how many pieces of paper you'll have to sign. In my practice the average mortgage requires about 90-100 pages worth of documents with initials or signatures on every page, most in duplicate or triplicate (so really 180-300 pages worth of stuff). It's no wonder I keep running out of toner in my printer!

Glad everyone seems to be doing well. I'm going to take these few moments of solitude and quiet and just chill before the big to do tomorrow. Have a great night everyone!
Old 03-09-2005, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everybody! What did y'all do while MDC was down? I painted the bathroom :LOL

DS has been throwing everything lately. EVERYTHING He has gotten quite destructive. I'm trying to redirect and ignore, so it will pass, but DH is getting really impatient with him.

N2thewoods: We had to move the dog water/food so DS can't get to them. He we have them in the laundry room along with the garbage can. It is gated and the dogs bark at the gate when they need to get in there for water, etc. It is the only way that I could keep my sanity. DS had no impluse control when it comes to dogwater and garbage :LOL He loves to dump the water over his head.

Bec: I hope all of you are feeling better. Evan has been a challenge in restaurants too. He just wants to wander around and say hello to everyone. :LOL We haven't been going out much, obviously.

PadmaMorgana: That's so cute. I'll bet it is fun to watch them chase each other. Evan does that with the dogs but I would love to see him do it with another kid.

CHristy: the closing will leave you nauseated and elated, and with a writing cramp :LOL I'm so excited for you!!!

Sherri - Good for you telling the Ped off :LOL I'll probably have a similar conversation with mine at Evan's 15mo appt next week.

Amy: Hope you are feeling better. How did the dinner go?

Okay- I gotta run. Hope everyone has a good day.

cmili: Evan isn't talking either. He's pointing at everything and making noices, but they all sound like "dat" :LOL He's just not there yet.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:05 PM

dont get too excited for us just yet...there's been a kink thrown into the works...

THe electric/gas company was supposed to come put meters on the house and turn the power/gas on so that FIL and DH could work on the house and so we could have the inspections done. Well, the gas meter could not be put on b/c it is an illegal hookup. The gas meter is supposed to be attached to the house, but it is on a pipe sticking up out of the front yard, (presumably where the old house used to be that burned down, and no one moved it when they built the new house). Our realtor has been calling around, trying to figure out who is supposed to pay for moving the meter and pipe. apparently, had it been moved when the house was rebuilt, it would have fallen on the power company, but since it has been 6 years, it now falls on the repo company that owns the house...the realtor is apparently trying to talk them into accepting the cost to move the meter. He didnt say how much it will cost to move the meter, I assume it must be alot if he has to "talk them into it." So we might lose the whole thing over a gas meter!

Old 03-09-2005, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980
dont get too excited for us just yet...there's been a kink thrown into the works...

THe electric/gas company was supposed to come put meters on the house and turn the power/gas on so that FIL and DH could work on the house and so we could have the inspections done. Well, the gas meter could not be put on b/c it is an illegal hookup. The gas meter is supposed to be attached to the house, but it is on a pipe sticking up out of the front yard, (presumably where the old house used to be that burned down, and no one moved it when they built the new house). Our realtor has been calling around, trying to figure out who is supposed to pay for moving the meter and pipe. apparently, had it been moved when the house was rebuilt, it would have fallen on the power company, but since it has been 6 years, it now falls on the repo company that owns the house...the realtor is apparently trying to talk them into accepting the cost to move the meter. He didnt say how much it will cost to move the meter, I assume it must be alot if he has to "talk them into it." So we might lose the whole thing over a gas meter!

Fly by post for now ... Christy ... I don't know if they do this in MI or not, but perhaps you could negotiate a reduction in the purchase price and/or have the seller offer you a credit at closing in the amount of the cost to move the meter (that would mean you'd have to bring less $$$ to the table at closing)? Then you guys pay for it, but in reality, the seller is paying for it, albeit indirectly. Does that make sense?

More later ...
Old 03-09-2005, 05:06 PM

hullo! finally back! we just moved and the day we got our dsl hooked up (a week after we moved! i was in internet withdrawl!), our computer broke! WHILE i was connecting it to the dsl! talk about luck! dh managed to get our laptop working, so i was able to get back on. then mdc went down! ACK.
k got part of her first molar with little to no fanfare, perhaps just a touch fussier than usual. considering the screaming banshee she was with all her other teeth, i'm quite shocked.
she still isn't too into walking. she knows how to do it, but usually crawls. i put her in a dress today to try to trick her into walking. i'm so bad. :
i'm STILL waiting to find out if k has been approved for the state health care plan. last summer, the state adopted a new computer system for welfare and it has thrown EVERYTHING off. we're having starting to have an epidemic of poor pregnant women who get their first doctor visit WHILE IN LABOR! i put k's application in back in OCTOBER. she's supposed to have her 15 month appointment in, oh, 10 days (i'm not really sold on going, anyway, so it's not THAT big of a deal), so wouldn't it be nice if i had insurance?!
k is a she loves to talk! she signs quite a bit, too, though i need to be more diligent in introducing signs.
we're still unsure of ttc. i want another on (like, 10 minutes ago!), but dh isn't even sold on having a second kid altogether. i'm still torn on weather k should be an only... any advice from anyone else going through this??
Old 03-10-2005, 02:57 AM

Can I jump in the thread?

Shelby is teething up a storm. Three coming through on the bottom. I haven't been able to check up top. And she wants the whole world to know about it, too. Since when do teething tablets not work?!?

mom of 3 , homeschooling the oldest with google and the internet
Old 03-10-2005, 01:41 PM

Amy~i havent talked to the realtor about that, but its definately something we would like to negotiate if possible. this whole thing is just starting to get aggravating and worrysome. everything is at a standstill until we hear from the realtor about what the repo ppl said. ugh.

redirecting is not working anymore. i'll take her away from whatever it is, and she'll do a u-turn and go right back to it, giggling. its so frustrating. finally, she'll walk away from whatever it is I dont want her getting into, fussing and throwing a tantrum. where did my easy baby go?

almost all of her teeth are in... she's missing the flat parts of her molars and a couple of teeth on each side of her front teeth.

gotta go, she calls...

Old 03-10-2005, 02:55 PM

Hi everyone!

I haven't been online in almost a week!!! I know there is a lot to catch up on, but I'm sort of on the run again - trying to keep Jesi out of things, etc. You all know the drill :LOL

Jesi's booeees are now called boobooees - I don't mind nursing, really, but this asking for them as she pulls at my shirt every 5 minutes is starting to get old! I've been redirecting, offering food or a cup instead, just cuddling, etc. but she insists on nursing - gets pretty ticked off when I don't give it to her.

She's getting real good at the nose blowing thing and will do it on command now - and it's productive nose blowing too - very helpful with all the allergies we have around here.

Her 4th front bottom tooth FINALLY came in this week, and her bottom molars have broken the skin as well - no wonder she's been so gritchy lately!

speaking of which I have her pulling on my shirt screaming at me right now so I better find something for her before she shuts my computer off on me - another not so cute trick she has learned Of course she only does it while Im in the middle of answering a long email, or posting or something so I lose everything :

Christy ~ good luck with the house - I hope you guys get it figured out soon
Old 03-11-2005, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Happy Friday everyone!!

Christy - : I hope everything works out with the house. I can tell you that meters are very expensive. Hope that they take care of it and you don't have to worry about it.

Redirection? :LOL Yeah, right. It doesn't work here either. I have to take him out of the house to "redirect" him.

Lorrie: I am still having mixed feelings about ttc. I WANT to ttc now, but I know in my heart that Evan needs more attention until he gets older. There is no question that we want to have more kids. I am an only child and was lonely growing up. I begged my parents for siblings. I would have loved a big family- when my parents are gone, that's it for my family.

amis2girls: Teething tablets haven't worked over here since the molars and eye teeth started coming in. Motrin is the only thing that will touch them. And not all the time.

Sherri: I hate the shirt pulling and whining regarding nursing!!! It drives me nuts. The only way that he won't do it is if I don't sit. So I don't. Redirection ( see above) doesn't work. He is relentless and I reallly don't enjoy nursing an acrobatic toddler all day long.

It's a gorgeous day, so DS and I are going to an outdoor concert for lunch in a downtown park. Should be fun. Last year I saw lots of slingin' mamas, and women NIP too

Old 03-11-2005, 02:20 PM

Liz~have fun at the park!
Ami~welcome! just start and you'll fit right in! :LOL
Lorrie and Sherri~I was totally going thru withdrawals while MDC was down! I sympathize!

talked to the realtor yesterday, he said the repo company wont make a judgement on whether or not they will pay for the meter to be moved until we get afew estimates. the house is listed and being sold as-is, but since it's a neccesarry utility, they will consider making the repair, as long as it doesnt cost too much. the realtor said it might be between $500-$800. and he said he would try to negotiate a deal if the repo co. says "no" to paying for the meter. what a HASSLE!!!!! I seriously thought things would go smoothly after getting approved and accepted, etc. ARG!!!!

ok, back to the kiddo....

teething tablets work OK for sage, but DH wont let me give them to her anymore. : He wont let me give her anything b/c he thinks I am over-medicating...I'm only giving her motrin when she has a fever, and its only 1 dose, maybe once-twice a week!!!! i was giving her hylands at night before bed, only IF she was teething and uncomfortable, and I was giving them to her during the day, only if she was really fussing and fiddling with her mouth or face. Oh, and he wont let me give her ambesol either, which i have only given her 3 times since buying the tube 3 months ago!

UGH! i feel so bad for sage too, i know she's hurting, and he wont let me help her. then he wont help me try to soothe her or anything, he just goes about his business on the computer or whatever. I told him that he's in charge of her health from now on if that's what he wants to do.

so am i "over-medicating?" He also says I do it b/c it's "convenient" for me...WTF?? NO I CARE ABOUT MY KID AND I DON'T WANT HER TO HURT! and how convenient is it when, if i give her any medicine or not, i still have to nurse her/hold her/rock her until she's better anyway????

HUSBANDS! ARG!!!

Old 03-11-2005, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Lorrie: I am still having mixed feelings about ttc. I WANT to ttc now, but I know in my heart that Evan needs more attention until he gets older. There is no question that we want to have more kids. I am an only child and was lonely growing up. I begged my parents for siblings. I would have loved a big family- when my parents are gone, that's it for my family.
i'm an only child as well and got lonely a lot. my parents were older (34 and 35 when i was born) who'd lost a child several years before i was born, so i knew there was no chance of getting a brother or sister. and, while i got to experience all sorts of things my friends with brothers and sisters didn't, i still would have rather had the experience of siblings, kwim?
the other night, i really think i came to the conclusion that i wouldn't be completely happy without having another child. i love k with all my heart, but i truly believe that our family won't be complete until there is one more child. i'm going to keep this to myself for awhile, as the next scheduled (hehehehe) discussion on babies isn't until the summer at least. we'll see what happens...
Old 03-11-2005, 03:08 PM

Quote:
redirecting is not working anymore. i'll take her away from whatever it is, and she'll do a u-turn and go right back to it, giggling. its so frustrating. finally, she'll walk away from whatever it is I dont want her getting into, fussing and throwing a tantrum. where did my easy baby go?
Boy OH BOY can I relate to this!!! I'm starting to really worry that I suck at this mama-thing 'cause I just can't figure out how to set limits! Maybe it's just too early... that's what I'm hoping. Every night we seem to have a mini-meltdown when Rosaline MUST grab my glasses off of my face. *sigh*

As to the sibling thing. It's so hard, everyone's experiences are SO different. Rosaline may be an only, I don't know for sure. I had a horrible experience with my 2-year older brother. He hated me and let me know it. I wanted his approval desperately. Bad combo. I would have been SO better off without a sib and so would he (unless it was a brother, I wager.) We were SO opposite (and still are. We barely speak without a mediator in the room.) However, my DH gets along great with his 3 sisters (now!!) So.... I'm torn. I understand how it would feel lonely without a sib. But that's not a good reason to have another, is it? I mean, it's a baby not a companion animal! :LOL

We'll see... let's see how I get through this inflexible, negative stage first! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!

User Tag List