Mothering Forum banner

Quality Toddler Magazines?

649 views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  Brandi 
#1 ·
DD loves books and I think she would enjoy a magazine subscription. Any suggestions?

#8 ·
We have a subscription to Ladybug for our newly 2 y.o. daughter (subscription was a bday present...) It's by the same company as Babybug (and Cricket), but the magazine has more text than Babybug and it's not on cardstock. It's for ages 2-6, and we really enjoy it so far.

#9 ·
we loved babybug up until about 2.5. love ladybug and your big backyard now at 4. i think you'd be happy with either babybug or wild animal baby. can you check them out at your library?

#13 ·
DD had Babybug until 23 months, DS until 3 and I think that DS keeping it longer was a better choice. If you have a subscription to Babybug, you can move up to Ladybug at anytime--- you just contact them and tell them.

Animal Baby is Your Big Backyard's younger sibling and published in the same format as Babybug (almost a board book, but more flexible).

Personally, I like Babybug better than Animal Baby because it covers more subjects. Additionally, I really like that they have a "Kim & Carrots" (a toddler and stuffed bunny) story every month--- it is something a toddler can begin to predict and look forward to.

That said, if your child is really into animals maybe Animal Baby would be a better choice. If you can, check if your library has copies. Either one is GREAT and they also are relevant for years (unlike news magazines, or ones on popular culture). They also hold up very well--- we have them from the last 5 years (well, DS actually moved to Click this last November so we aren't getting them anymore) and most of them are still really nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.