She loves her vagina! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-15-2005, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay so, Liberty has recently been exploring her vagina. She especially likes the hand held shower head but yesterday she started with something new..her toothbrush! I'm a little worried she might hurt herself..she's just rubbing it on the outside (her mons) but she can go a little overboard with wiping with tissue, etc.

Has anyone else encountered this sort of thing? How do I make sure she doesn't get hurt without making her feel it is wrong? For instance, she will wipe herself with toilet paper for 10-15 minutes if I let her.

I don't have a problem with it, in fact I find it amusing she has so much fun all by herself. Just not sure how to temper it.

Thanks!
Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 04-16-2005, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Our daughter insists on being naked all the time now, and I let her at home. I think allowing her to explore herself all she wants might make the phase progress quicker, and who can blame her for wanting to be naked. I would be careful about abrasive or sharp objects, but the list would be too long if I told you everything she's experimented with, often she tries to stick stuff in her butt or vagina- yesterday it was strawberries. Too funny.
#3 of 8 Old 04-17-2005, 04:24 PM

I'm all for exploration and my daughter is too, but we pretty much tell her that nothing goes in her yoni. she can touch with her hands and mommy and daddy can help her wash, and that's it. Otherwise, we are really blase about it. Oh... except.. she needs to wear pants or dipes are dinner cuz the um, the yoni smell got to be a little much :LOL.

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#4 of 8 Old 04-17-2005, 08:10 PM

I would have to say that with the pairing of the urge to scratch herself coupled with the "smell" it leads me to believe that your daughter probably has a raging yeast infection that needs to be treated and fixed. She is probably suffering greatly with that. Please have her checked!
#5 of 8 Old 04-17-2005, 09:17 PM

are you responding to me, BeanerBabies? She doesn't have a yeast infection...she's had one before so I know what to look for. The smell is just... vagina :LOL . I mean, it has an odor and if she's pawing around in there it naturally gets on her hand. I'm not worried about it, but thanks for your concern!

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#6 of 8 Old 04-17-2005, 09:34 PM

I'm sorry, I've just never known a young child's vagina to have a smell strong enough that you would have to diaper it to mask it if there wasn't an infection.
#7 of 8 Old 04-17-2005, 09:36 PM

I also allow hand exploration, but discourage objects in her vagina. Yesterday she had a pen-and actually wrote on hre vagina!! But, I explained to her that we don't put pens in our vaginas!!
#8 of 8 Old 04-17-2005, 10:55 PM

All my kids have been very enthralled with their genitals. My daughter started with objects, and just told her firmly that putting hard things on her pee-pee could give her a boo-boo (I use "pee-pee" over vulva or yoni to refer to the general area because I think it's more recognizable if used with others for things like reporting abuse or discomfort, disclaimer to avoid any flames -- she does know the names of all the parts! )

And, yes, the smell got to be troublesome, esp. when she'd put her hand on my face. We implemented hand-washing after touching pretty young because she loved to paw my face while nursing and it was just too much for me, esp. when she tried to stick her hands in my mouth!

Undies at the table is a rule at our house too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page