My 19-month-old is missing some teeth... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 05-09-2005, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
He has almost all his teeth, except his eye teeth. What's up with that?

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#2 of 17 Old 05-09-2005, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think it's pretty normal. They're usually the last of the baby teeth to come in, IIRC. There's a chart here showing when they typically erupt.
#3 of 17 Old 05-09-2005, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

I just don't remember this with my other kids... he all all his front teeth, and his 1st molar, but no eye teeth. He looks a little funny! :LOL

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#4 of 17 Old 05-09-2005, 10:39 AM

That's normally how they come in. My 20 month old is getting his 2 year molars now, but the teeth to come in before these were the eyeteeth.
#5 of 17 Old 05-09-2005, 11:19 AM

From what I understand, it's pretty normal for them to come in late. My almost 2 year old is just starting to get them now, and she has all of her other teeth. It looked funny at first, but I've gotten so used to it that I'm sure it'll look really weird to me once the teeth are all the way in. :LOL

The chart that her pediatrician gave us says to expect those teeth between 16-23 months.
#6 of 17 Old 05-09-2005, 11:43 AM

my friend's dd just cut her last eye tooth at 24 months
#7 of 17 Old 05-09-2005, 11:47 AM

my son is 22 months, and he has does not have any eye teeth, nor his two year molars yet. the chart i have gives pretty wide ranges for when they might be expected, and his other teeth came in after the later date for the most part. our family dentist is not concerned and said that they might not come in until as late as 2 1/2 years. so, yours sounds fine to me!
#8 of 17 Old 05-09-2005, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you all! I am missing two of my front teeth (the just don't exist!) so I guess I am probably a little over sensitive.

#9 of 17 Old 05-10-2005, 07:48 PM

My DD is almost 17 months with 4 molars but no lateral incisors on the bottom. Just the two front teeth on the bottom and molars. I thought it was strange but the Dr said not to worry, some kids just get their teeth in a strange order and off of the charts. I just hope they are there somewhere....

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
#10 of 17 Old 05-10-2005, 08:51 PM

I am also missing two of my front teeth. DD is also missing the same ones. It wasn't until she was nearly two that we realized they weren't going to ever come in. She had x-rays done to confirm it. My ds has all of his teeth, so at least he turned out OK. :LOL
#11 of 17 Old 05-10-2005, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Is it a genetic thing, I wonder? When I had x-rays done, I found that I was completely missing two of my top front teeth and all my wisdom teeth (not that I ma too sad about that!)

#12 of 17 Old 05-10-2005, 09:24 PM

Haley didn't get her eyeteeth until she was 2. She is 2.5 now and has no signs of her 2 yr molars ever coming in (she was a late/slow teether with all her teeth) I do think genetics play a role...my brother, sister and I were all late teethers and Rylie is following along too..she is 9 months and has no teeth

jen: caring auntie to a bunch of little (and some not so little anymore) wild things. Teacher to my whackadoodle 3s (and sometimes infants)
#13 of 17 Old 05-11-2005, 10:17 AM

My guy is 28 months, and still doesn't have eyeteeth! All of his teeth have come in slowly.
#14 of 17 Old 05-11-2005, 10:21 AM

your son isn't that late w/his teeth. my ds is 24 months and still doesn't have his 2 year molars, his eye teeth, and one of his 1 year molars.

mostly WAHM, sometimes WOHM to my : two boys.
#15 of 17 Old 05-11-2005, 10:59 AM

Heck - Jorja is 16 months and is just getting her top two FRONT teeth!
#16 of 17 Old 05-11-2005, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie
Is it a genetic thing, I wonder? When I had x-rays done, I found that I was completely missing two of my top front teeth and all my wisdom teeth (not that I ma too sad about that!)
It can be genetic. I was a very late teether also, and all of my kids have also been late teethers. My almost 4 year old didn't get all of his teeth until past 3, including his two year molars. My 15 month old just has 4 teeth, the top two and the bottom two.

It could be he is just slow getting them in or he could also be missing them if you are too. The only way to know for sure is x-rays and I'm sure you don't want to put him through that yet.
#17 of 17 Old 05-12-2005, 12:19 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Kaelynn turned 2 in April, and is slowly getting her eyeteeth in, no sign of molars yet though.

On wisdom teeth, I have my bottom two (unerrupted) but none on top!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page