Nov/Dec '03 ~July Thread~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 107 Old 07-20-2005, 12:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's funny, I used to watch those birthing shows and always just thought "well that's how it's done" now after having kids, seeing how things can be, and should be I end up yelling at the tv too :LOL Of course I'm also the one commenting about people I see when I am out somewhere - the mama who was pushing her screaming baby in a stroller while propping a bottle in his mouth really set me off one day. I almost walked up and picked the little guy up myself I felt so bad for him! Dh had to pull me off in another direction before I got too loud and obnoxious :LOL
#62 of 107 Old 07-20-2005, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

i cant watch those birthing shows anymore. I just change the channel. i used to watch the animal birthing show, but even that is getting rediculous...there was one where a woman took her cat in to get a c-section b/c she couldnt bear the thought of losing her in birth!!! I think the cat had 2 kittens!!!

omg, i have to get to bed. here's my chart if anyone wants to see it...

http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/cc044

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#63 of 107 Old 07-20-2005, 11:42 AM

OMG, Tami have you seen this http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=316438

Soooooo cute.
#64 of 107 Old 07-20-2005, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMama
OMG, Tami have you seen this http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=316438

Soooooo cute.
those are so cool Liz.
Thanks for showing me.
#65 of 107 Old 07-20-2005, 07:26 PM

I can't watch the birthing shows. I get too upset. I want to leap thru the tv and yell at them- get a birthing ball, walk around, nurse that baby!!! They never seem to listen :LOL

It's amazing how much better I feel when I sleep. I was soooo sick this morning and I took a nap with Evan and woke up feeling like a new person. I wish he would nap more often than once a week. He has been sleeping well at night. I wish I could say the same! I have blasted insomnia and toss and turn all night. Then I want to sleep all day( of course that isn't an option )
#66 of 107 Old 07-20-2005, 07:40 PM

Oh Liz, I feel for you! I'm an absolute zombie all day long but once I finally get the kids to sleep, I'm wide freaking awake! It's so frustrating! Have you tried preggie pops for your m/s? I ordered some this morning, I'm so sick of feeling sick!

Jessica doesn't nap well anymore either. No nap at all yesterday (so by 6 pm she was a MONSTER!!!) I forced her to go to sleep today, it was 3 though so that means she'll be up late tonight. she is sleeping fairly well at night, has only been waking a couple of times (rather than every hour like she had been) and OMG does this child have a TEMPER!!!
#67 of 107 Old 07-20-2005, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

I hope everyone is sleeping better tonight!

the power keeps going out here. transformers keep blowing. its irritating. but at least its a tolerable temp. outside.

sage got to visit some of her cousins today. she had a blast blowing/popping bubbles and running around with the boys. she fell on the head of a tent spike, right on her knee and cried for afew minutes. she's ok, just a bruise, but boy did her cousin feel terrible...he thought it was his fault that she fell b/c he wasnt watching her close enough, (he's 10). but she quit crying after afew minutes and went back to being buddies with her cousins again, lol! kids are so forgiving and resiliant!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#68 of 107 Old 07-22-2005, 11:35 AM

Hi mamas. I haven't checked in for a couple of months. I hope everyone is doing well. I am trying read through all of the posts and catch up with everyone. I see there are more mamas expecting. That's great.

Sawyer was born on June 10th. Carter is handling the change fairly well. The only time he seems to get jelous (sp?) is when it is just the three of us and I need to nurse the baby. As long as there is someone else there to play with him he doesn't mind.

Now that things are settling down around here hopefully I will be checking in more often. And if dh evers downloads our photos I will post some.
#69 of 107 Old 07-22-2005, 11:52 AM

Hey Carra! Congratulations on the birth of Sawyer : Have you posted your birth story? I can't wait to see pictures of a sweet newborn
#70 of 107 Old 07-22-2005, 01:32 PM

I posted my birth story over on the June 2005 due date club. It was pretty simple, nothing really out of the ordinary. Except for Sawyer being 10 lbs. 2 oz!!!!
#71 of 107 Old 07-25-2005, 03:16 PM

Um.... are y'all sitting down.

I just had my ultrasound and there are 2 babies. TWINS!!!

I'm in shock.

#72 of 107 Old 07-25-2005, 03:19 PM

Well, to add insult to injury (or nausea to nausea in my case) we had the flu go through the house this weekend. Have you ever had morning sickness AND the flu at the same time? OMG it's horrible! Thankfully it was short lived and everyone is fine today, just a bit tired.

Jessica had obviously been watching mommy too much lately because before she started vomitting, she kept going to the bathroom to spit in the toilet :LOL when she did start vomitting though she was pretty stunned and just sat there looking at me like "what the HECK was that?!" Poor baby, she has never been sick at all so this really took her by surprise.

I need to get in the shower - I've been putting it off all morning LOL
#73 of 107 Old 07-25-2005, 03:21 PM

Quote:

I'm in shock.

OMG!!!
I knew thats what you were gonna say!!
Congratulations!!!
#74 of 107 Old 07-25-2005, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys
Well, to add insult to injury (or nausea to nausea in my case) we had the flu go through the house this weekend. Have you ever had morning sickness AND the flu at the same time? OMG it's horrible! Thankfully it was short lived and everyone is fine today, just a bit tired.

Jessica had obviously been watching mommy too much lately because before she started vomitting, she kept going to the bathroom to spit in the toilet :LOL when she did start vomitting though she was pretty stunned and just sat there looking at me like "what the HECK was that?!" Poor baby, she has never been sick at all so this really took her by surprise.

I need to get in the shower - I've been putting it off all morning LOL
sherri
look at the post above yours!!!!
Thats gonna happen to you too.
#75 of 107 Old 07-25-2005, 03:55 PM

Quote:

I'm in shock.

I somehow missed your post here - but saw it on the Feb 06 forum! Congrats!!
#76 of 107 Old 07-25-2005, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickidaWitch
sherri
look at the post above yours!!!!
Thats gonna happen to you too.
If so, I'll just send one to you
#77 of 107 Old 07-25-2005, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

: Liz!! WOW!!!! congratulations!!! when you and your DH do something, you do it to the max, lol!!! are they indentical or fraternal, can they tell from a u/s??? Can you have a homebirth w/ twins??

omg, i'm so happy for you!

i O'd yesterday according to FF. hopefully I'll have some good news in a couple of weeks. :

#78 of 107 Old 07-25-2005, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys
If so, I'll just send one to you
i'll consider it only if they are boys.....
#79 of 107 Old 07-25-2005, 04:32 PM

Thanks y'all They can't tell if they are fraternal or identical yet. Still too early, or at least not apparent. I'm going to have DH scan the u/s pictures and post them later. They are a riot- Baby A and Baby B.

Since I have had 2 sections, I don't think a homebirth is in the cards for me. Thank goodness I can make enough milk to feed the world. I'm going to need it.

I don't know how I'm going to sling 3 kids under 3 :LOL It will be interesting to say the least.
#80 of 107 Old 07-25-2005, 04:35 PM

Oh and Sherri- I can't imagine having the flu with morning sickness. MOrning sickness alone sucks, so hugs to you. And poor Jesi- I was cracking up reading your post, but I know it was probably traumatic for her.

Slumber party at Tammi's house

Christy- Good luck to you! I'll send some fertility your way. Obviously I have some to spare.
#81 of 107 Old 07-25-2005, 04:38 PM

I was baby B.
#82 of 107 Old 07-25-2005, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

thanks Liz!!!

#83 of 107 Old 07-25-2005, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Slumber party at Tammi's house
oh, i have a few extra beds so come on over!!!
#84 of 107 Old 07-25-2005, 11:20 PM

Congratulations Liz! You weren't kidding when you said you got uber fertile after weaning. :LOL
#85 of 107 Old 07-26-2005, 11:06 AM

Oh, wow, congratulations, Liz!! Twins are so much fun, I want a pair! :

Sherri, I couldn't imagine having morning sickness AND the flu! Oy, I'm so glad it didn't last long for ya. I would have been so miserable.
#86 of 107 Old 07-26-2005, 11:45 AM
bec

Liz - OMG! Congratulations, again and again! :LOL My SIL has twin boys. They are a handful, but truly a unique, amazing experience! I would start looking around your neighborhood for mother's helpers, though! You're going to need them.

Sherri - I was sick with the flu and other cold viruses for my entire first trimester this time. It sucked, sucked, sucked! : I totally understand how you're feeling and really hope you get better. Bulk up on your vitamin C, and you might want to try a product called Esberitox. It is echinacea with wild indigo in it. I have thrown off more illness because of it than I can even think of. It's amazing stuff.

Christy -

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#87 of 107 Old 07-27-2005, 01:22 AM

liz - woo! what great exciting news to return to. better you than me! congrats x2!

i'm exhausted over here... sleeping crummy. wake up, pelvis hurts from laying on my side so i flip over to the other side. 10 minutes later same thing, hurting on the other side. grr! i might have to steal s'more pillows and see if i can prop myself up better somehow. just when i thought things were going to continue to be as easy as last time...

but all is well, mostly. jbutt has been having toxic poop about 6-8 times a day. definitely not normal, but he's eating a drinking fine, and has actually been in rare form -- just a total doll so long as he's had a decent nap. so i haven't considered taking him to the doc, though if this goes on much longer i think i'll have to. downside of having a skinny guy -- i always worry if he's getting enough nutrition. i need to schedule food sensitivity testing anyway, maybe i'll do both things next week?

still haven't made it to the in-laws. 2 weeks ago we were sick, this past weekend a few of my sils were sick. so now we're supposed to go 2 weekends from now, for our neice's birthday party. if that falls through, i'm thinking of telling them too bad. i don't want to be trekking down there with only a month left to go. jic. with jasper i was convinced he was going to arrive at least a week after my duedate, till the week of my duedate when i started having thoughts creep in that perhaps he was coming sooner after all (sure 'nuff). this time i'm already having thoughts that this one isn't gonna wait till the duedate, so i want to stick pretty close to home. no more trips out of state 2 weeks before my duedate like last time (for thanksgiving at the il-laws).

i'm a bit sad, i tried to put on my ergo today and it no longer fits. i guess i'll need the extension if i want to wear it pregnant. don't think i'm gonna bother... but drat! i thought surely it would still fit around my hips. sniff.

dh just turned the big 40 today. yikes! i was feeling crummy that i didn't prepare a nice dinner or do anything special for the occasion (jasper and i met him downtown for lunch but by the time we got back home i had such an awful headache i didn't do anything but try to get jasper down for a nap so i could have one too)... maybe i'll make it up to him later in the week when he's not expecting it. lessee, beer, beef and sleep. i think those would be the top 3 things he wants right now. so, buy him a few microbrews, get steak to grill for dinner, and takeover jasper duties for a night or two. i think that'll work very nicely!

sorry so much about me. that's all i can muster at this time of night! i should be sleeping... so much as i wanted a nap today, now i'm staying up on the boards. bad lori, i know i'll regret this when jasper wants to get up and play at 6 in the morning. ugh.

::: lori
#88 of 107 Old 07-28-2005, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

ok, so where is everyone...I bet you're all over in the "i'm pregnant" forums! :LOL

just wanted to say hello...I'm 4dpo, and my boobs were sore today!

#89 of 107 Old 07-28-2005, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980
ok, so where is everyone...I bet you're all over in the "i'm pregnant" forums! :LOL

just wanted to say hello...I'm 4dpo, and my boobs were sore today!

I am NOT in the pg forum!!
#90 of 107 Old 07-28-2005, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickidaWitch

I am NOT in the pg forum!!
Me neither! :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page