#61 of 114 Old 08-12-2005, 01:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
amy~

for jesi!!

today

my idiot neighbors are getting evicted!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#62 of 114 Old 08-12-2005, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Christy~ are these the idiot neighbors who yell at their kids all the time? It's a good thing then, Sage doesn't need to hear that kind of stuff. Sorry about the neg. test, but there's always next month

Jessica is no longer restaurant approved :LOL She REFUSES to sit still, then starts screaming (how on earth do you break them of that blood curdling scream when they don't get their way?) Dh and I had to take turns taking her outside to walk around (in the 100 degree heat) I know Danielle went through that shrieking stage, I can't remember how we stopped it though.

Dh is home again today - well he's off work anyway. He's helping a friend move this morning, then he's got a dentist appt. this afternoon. I've got a meeting this evening so I'm hoping he keeps Danielle at least since she's the one who gives me the most trouble in these type of group situations. Maybe if I'm lucky he'll keep all three of them so I can have a couple of hours of quiet time.

I heard the baby's heartbeat yesterday I forgot to ask what the heartrate was though. The doctor says everything looks and sounds fine. He said to tell dh that it sounds like a boy - dh said "nope, it's a girl" He's convinced :LOL
#63 of 114 Old 08-12-2005, 05:48 PM
bec

Sherri - Congrats on hearing the heartbeat! Isn't it exciting? And, holy cow about Jessica! Emily loves to sit on the potty and loves to use toilet paper, but has no concept about how to pee or poop in it! :LOL

Christy - Look at your BFN this way, now you have another month to look for a house unencumbered with morning sickness! Good luck next time!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#64 of 114 Old 08-12-2005, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

11 week belly shot

I don't have an ultrasound pic to share yet - but here's the belly shot my oldest took today. Mostly just fat still, but there's a bit of a baby bulge in there as well.
#65 of 114 Old 08-12-2005, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys
11 week belly shot

I don't have an ultrasound pic to share yet - but here's the belly shot my oldest took today. Mostly just fat still, but there's a bit of a baby bulge in there as well.

see the iptk thread
#66 of 114 Old 08-15-2005, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

It's raining!!!!!! ok, so it's not raining exactly, just sort of dripping on our heads but the temp has FINALLY dropped below 100 (since June 30 we have had 3 days where it didn't hit 100, it was 99 on those three days) I'm loving this!!! It's overcast and would be so peaceful if the idiots behind me weren't having a well drilled - my goodness those trucks are noisy so much for naptime today (as if Jesi would take one anyway)
#67 of 114 Old 08-15-2005, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Where is everyone?
#68 of 114 Old 08-15-2005, 02:53 PM

nak
go to the iptk thread and see the longies i bought
#69 of 114 Old 08-15-2005, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickidaWitch

nak
go to the iptk thread and see the longies i bought
already did

k,, dkfuidodpsjdchc n n hbjvhcjch

Jesi says HI everyone :LOL
#70 of 114 Old 08-15-2005, 02:59 PM

Hey y'all. Christy : I assume that you didn't get a BFP. : for next month

Still sick here. The heat here is so bad that I can't go much of anywhere. The heat index has been at 105 - 115 for several days and no rain( or very little) . At night it MIGHT get to 90. the dog days of summer are upon us, and no releif until November :LOL I am so sick of being sick and tired!

Evan has been sleeping well, eating well, and playing well. Legos/Mega Blocks and matchbox cars are his favs. So cute to watch him. He also loves to have musicc on. Oldies, funk, and disco are his prefs. :LOL Doesn't care for country or heavy metal.
#71 of 114 Old 08-15-2005, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Liz The heat makes it all so much worse - I hope it passes soon for you and you can start feeling better.

I got so excited about the rain that I forgot what I came her to post :LOL I went looking for pants for Jesi this morning - it's still only 72 outside - OMG it feels HEAVENLY!!! Anyway, I grabbed her 18 mo jeans which were starting to get snug on her before the heat hit so I figured they would fit now that she's out of diapers. I put them on her, they fell down around her ankles. I had to put a pair of 12 mo jeans on her - and they are still a bit big around the waist but the legs are a tad too short. Poor kid, I'm going to have a heck of a time dressing her this winter.
#72 of 114 Old 08-15-2005, 08:44 PM

The heat has been awful here, too (NJ - NYC metro area). We usually have 3-4 days a summer with temps over 90, and we've had 21+ days like that with heat indices in the 100s. About 99% of the remaining days have been in the upper 80s. And the humidity is yucky, too. And this is after a spring that didn't get spring like until the end of May (I remember turning my heat on after Mother's Day and being seriously annoyed about it!). Can't win.

Liz ... I hope you start feeling better soon. At least it sounds like Evan is giving you some semblence of a break by sleeping, eating, and playing well. Wish I could say the same here ...

Sherri ... :LOL about your dh. My brother said the same thing when his wife was pg with their fourth. She was also a girl.

Christy ... ... look at it this way ... it's another month of fun trying!

So I'm in a bit of a quandry. My SIL (dh's little sister) just got engaged to the best guy (other than my dh) on earth. They're probably going to get married in summer or early fall next year (like sometime between June and October). There is a fair chance that I'll be in the wedding (possibly dh, too), and probably an even better chance that Henry will be in the wedding. We were planning to start ttc next cycle (so a June baby). If I don't get pregnant right away, what should we do? Do I really want to be at (and/or in) a wedding 1-2 months post-partum with a toddler and a newborn? Do I really want to be enormously pregnant (and/or due any day)? (All of these scenarios are made more awful by the horror of the bridesmaid gown.) While I'm very very happy for my SIL, this is really throwing a wrench in my baby plans. Who knows when they'll solidify their date (I'm guessing sometime this fall), and I'm not getting any younger (I'm 34). I just don't know what to do. What would you do? I should also mention, the wedding will be, at a minimum, 2 hours away from where I live so we'll undoubtedly spend a night or two.

Otherwise, my mom is doing well. Still living here. I get a break next week b/c we're going to my ILs (can you believe I feel like going to my ILs is a break?) and my mom is going to stay at her sister's for 5 days.
#73 of 114 Old 08-16-2005, 12:49 AM

its been busy around here lately. SIL came to visit and we've been driving her back and forth, plus, she was staying in the computer room, so I didnt really have a chance to get online, either.

yeah, the idiots next to me are getting eveicted if we can prove that the guy that keeps coming over is the one who is not supposed to be on the property. I have to update my CPS thread about these guys in TAO, lots has happened lately.

sage has suddenly hit an enormous brain growth spurt b/c she is really expanding her vocab and making her desires known, plus she is throwing HUGE tantrums when she doesnt get her way.

gotta go for now, but I'll be back later to catch up!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#74 of 114 Old 08-16-2005, 01:01 AM

Why can't I ever remember this thread?

I like reading about everyone's toddlers when I do, though. :LOL

mom of 3 , homeschooling the oldest with google and the internet
#75 of 114 Old 08-16-2005, 11:04 PM

amis2girls

#76 of 114 Old 08-19-2005, 02:00 PM

Hey y'all. I'm dropping in here even though I still feel like he*(, and I'm melting from the 100+heat and humidity. Blargh!

I looked into DS's mouth yesterday and he has 2 2yr molars No wonder he has been a little pill the last coupld of days.

I got to hear one of the babies' hearbeats the other day at the doc. It was very strong. He thinks the other was underneath or under the placenta. I'm measuring 16-17 weeks and I'm only 12. He said that is normal for twins. I can't imagin how huge I'm going to be at 36w!

Gotta go- just heard a crash :
#77 of 114 Old 08-19-2005, 02:02 PM

Liz
#78 of 114 Old 08-20-2005, 11:26 AM

Amy: Go ahead and get to makin' a baby already There is NEVER a good time to be pregnant. If we had waited until DS was ready, or hell, if I would have been ready, we would NEVER have another. :LOL Just gotta jump in with both feet. JMNSHO

Our dishwasher broke so I was up until 11:30 last night washing dishes. : Dh has been an ass, the last couple of weeks have been so "hard" on him, since I have been unable to deal with the dirty dishes. God forbid that he load the dishwasher or fold a load of clothes. He siad last night( while I was hand washing all the dishes from a meal I just prepared) that he is looking forward to the end of my prego sickness, since he has really been having a rough time picking up the slack. WTF?!!!!!( excuse my french)

sorry for the rant- I really hope that I don't have to go on bedrest- the sky will most definately fall.
#79 of 114 Old 08-20-2005, 03:07 PM
bec

Oooh, Liz, that would make me really mad. Remind him that he is going to need to pick up most of the work towards the end too, when you are going to be too big to move! You would not believe the pictures of my SIL towards the end of her twin pregnancy! And then there will be the newborn period where you are all going to be overwhelmed with the incredible needs of two infants. Get him used to the idea of pitching in now, and open his eyes to the reality of twins!

Bec

#80 of 114 Old 08-20-2005, 09:08 PM

:
what bec said
#81 of 114 Old 08-20-2005, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Liz~ I'm getting that crud from dh as well - he's always complaining about the house, and the dishes, and the laundry..... we have a weekly "discussion" about it. He does help out, but usually it results in more fighting and hurt feelings on my part. Last week I said something about not putting his RC car away because it wasn't mine, he fired back with "well apparantly nothing in this house is yours because you don't put anything away" Ya, that led to one HE## of an argument!

Is anyone else going through a "I'll chew my food up and spit it out at you" phase? It's making me You have NO idea how sick I am of picking up chewed up food all over the place!

Still diaper free, even at night now. I still can't believe it!
#82 of 114 Old 08-21-2005, 03:31 PM

Liz ... what Bec said. I think maybe you need to remind your dh what life was like with ONE newborn, then remind him there will be 2 plus an active toddler (and you probably recovering from a c/s?? I think you said that previously. ). I can't imagine. You should see if you can find a mom's of multiples/twins group in your area and get some pointers from them, too. ... wish we could help!

Sherri ... I just wish Henry would put food in his mouth. He's on another food strike again. Still jealous of you being diaper-free, though!

I'm having a "I need an hour of time to myself or I'm going to go insane" day. With the exception of getting a shower by myself once or twice a week, I have not had a moment without dh, ds, and/or my mother in about 6 weeks. I'm feeling seriously crazy right now. And I'm also dealing with my mother trying to "discipline" ds. We won't go there, but it is causing me tremendous grief and internal turmoil. And she won't be leaving until after her recovery from her next surgery, which probably won't happen until the end of September/early October. Heaven help me get through the next 2-4 months.
#83 of 114 Old 08-21-2005, 06:14 PM

Amy
#84 of 114 Old 08-22-2005, 12:14 AM

Liz

Amy~~tell her, "My house, my rules." and be firm. Yes, she is sick and needs your help, but dont allow that to comprimize (sp?) your parenting beliefs.

still no AF for me!! : I'm re-testing on wednesday, hopefully there will be 2 lines this time. I'm 13 or 14 days late, so if there's a bean in there, it should be almost 4 weeks old, and I should be getting positives by now...I didnt test positive w/ sage until 6 weeks though, and it was really faint. :

#85 of 114 Old 08-22-2005, 12:41 AM

Good luck Christy.
#86 of 114 Old 08-22-2005, 11:10 AM

Amy I agree with Christy. Hang in there hun!

Sticky vibes to you Christy :
#87 of 114 Old 08-22-2005, 05:55 PM
bec

: Christy! How cool would that be?!

Bec

#88 of 114 Old 08-22-2005, 07:21 PM

Christy ... we're all waiting ...

Thanks for the kind hugs and words. I finally told my mother today "It isn't your place so please stop" and she agreed and stepped back. It has been better since then, so hopefully this will be better (and our upcoming vacation will help).

Oh ... Henry's first eye tooth popped through ever so slightly the other day, so that explains a lot of his insanity and anti-eating behavior. I should've known ...
#89 of 114 Old 08-24-2005, 12:54 AM

good news, amy, glad your mom stepped back.

crossing all my digits for you, christy!

hi to everyone else, i've lost track of all that's going on these days. been too lazy to post, but i've been checking in every few days. i guess my high-energy pre-nesting is over and now i'm just looking forward to a hopefully mostly-quiet week.

had my homevisit friday -- went pretty decent. got 1/2 my house in good shape, maybe another 1/4 in better shape and the other doors i just left closed! it looks nice around here... though toys have started to creep into other rooms and there are a few splotches on the kitchen floor again from various foods being thrown overboard (when jasper is done with something, he feels the doggie needs it immediately).

the bad part of the visit was that my blood pressure has creeped up again. so i just dropped an insane amount of money today at whole foods, buying 6 supplements to take in addition to the 3-4 i was already taking to try to keep it in check. i don't recall having any problems last time. then again, last time i didn't have a toddler who in the space of 3 weeks has had maybe 5 non-diarrhea diapers, incurred a $700 laptop repair fee, and has decided that selective hearing and responding is a pretty handy thing... ugh. not to mention the marathon 3-days of cleaning before the homevisit that was pretty much an entirely solo effort (dh did the dishes and helped clear off the kitchen island one evening, sort of, but i think that was all i squeaked out of him last week). i'm hoping i can chill out the next few weeks and get myself back into the less-stress zone so i'm not in danger of risking out of this homebirth for bp!

i just did the math yesterday and realized i have about 4.5 weeks left (assuming this one is on time), maybe less. ulp. no feelings yet about when this girlie is actually going to arrive -- since i was so wrong last time thinking jasper was surely going to be a week or two late till the week of, i'm trying to just keep an open mind. though if i could choose, around the 20th or so would be nice, because then dh could be home a few weeks without overlapping anyone else's vacation days in his department.

well i think the valerian tea, or perhaps the skullcap is working its magic (2 of the new supplements recommended) and i'm feeling very droopy. time to turn in for the night...

::: lori
#90 of 114 Old 08-24-2005, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys
Is anyone else going through a "I'll chew my food up and spit it out at you" phase? It's making me You have NO idea how sick I am of picking up chewed up food all over the place!
No, but mine has been refusing to swallow hers! She will put her food in her mouth, chew it up, but won't swallow it. She'll just run around like a chipmunk with food in her mouth for 10 minutes and absolutely REFUSE to swallow it, even when her mouth is so full she's drooling everywhere. WHY did I end up with a weird child? :LOL

She's also throwing things CONSTANTLY. it's driving me nuts. i now have holes in the walls from her whipping her toys at them, and I don't know how to gentle dicipline her! Gah. My family keeps telling me that she is a brat and that I need to spank her.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page