~*~Nov/Dec 03 ~*~ August thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 114 Old 08-24-2005, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Star- Tell your family where to put their comments!!
I always ask my sister, "why would you wanna see someone you love so much cry from a spanking?" Her reponse is that "it'll work, it worked for my son."

My baby said, "light" yesterday!! Thats like her 4th word. Mama, Dada and more.
She'll be talking up a storm in no time.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 114 Old 08-24-2005, 03:37 PM

I'm free!!! Well if being at the ILs will be free ... I dropped my mom off at her sister's this morning, dh is putting the bikes on the back of the car, and ds is upstairs sleeping (soon to be moved to the car where he'll hopefully go back to sleep) and we'll be off. I'll check back in on Sunday but I already feel better. I swear, vacation is half mindset ...

Oh ... I forgot to tell you ... Henry said I love you to me totally unprompted the other day (in other words, I didn't say it first) after giving me an unsolicited hug and kiss. And he's trying to sign it but can't quite get his fingers to do what he wants. It's so cute b/c it comes out more like "wuv ewww." Makes everything so worth it!
#93 of 114 Old 08-24-2005, 03:40 PM

That is so sweet.
Have fun..

My dd bit my ankle and pulled my pony tail this morning. :LOL
I think i'd rather a "wuv ewwww" :LOL
#94 of 114 Old 08-24-2005, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

If I say I love you to dd, she tells me bye bye :LOL

Amy - I hope you have a good time, considering where you are going. Hopefully you'll be able to relax a little while you are there, you deserve it!
#95 of 114 Old 08-25-2005, 05:26 PM
bec

Lori - I was able to leave the girls with Mike for my last midwife appointment. My BP was 10 points lower than usual!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#96 of 114 Old 08-26-2005, 11:34 AM

Still no talking here- so no I love you yet It sounds sooooo cute.

: Amy Hope you get some rest.

Lori; Hope your BP stablizes so you can have that home birth!

I had a dream last night that I'm having a boy and a girl. I'm soooo impatient. I can't wait to find out if I'm right.

I'mstill sick and tired. And Evan has started "school" 2 days a week to give me a break. I missed him so much yesterday. I was soooo weepy yesterday. Watching a taped Battlestar Galactica made me sob :LOL

CHristy- hurry up and check in with us already. I know I can't wait to hear if you took another test.

Tammi: for Angelica. I wish Evan would talk. The pointing and whining is making me

Bec : How are you feeling?

Star: Evan gets the chipmunk cheeks too. He does swallow, eventually. but he tries to cram as much as humanly possible into his mouth before chewing. :
#97 of 114 Old 08-28-2005, 12:31 PM

Where is everyone?
#98 of 114 Old 08-28-2005, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMama
Where is everyone?

angelica said "up" a couple of days ago with her arms up to me.
#99 of 114 Old 08-28-2005, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

I'm here - well sort of. I've been dealing with the girls, and dh has been home from work since Friday so that limits the time I have on the computer. He gets all ticked off when I spend 5 minutes on the computer, but it's ok for him to spend ALL FREAKING DAY outside playing with those stupid RC cars of his and it's rediculous for me to get upset about it

Mikayla had her first game yesterday for cheerleading - it was 103 outside and miserable! She did well though, and her team won 34-7 Poor Jessica was about to melt out there, I should have left her with MIL. We had a shade tent, but it was still hot. Her little cheeks were red and her hair was sticking to her head because she was sweating. We had lots of water thankfully, but I still feel bad, I should have known better.
#100 of 114 Old 08-28-2005, 05:46 PM
bec

We've been hanging in there. We had a really busy week last week, so I wasn't able to post much.

I've been starting to feel very pregnant. :LOL This pregnancy has been much harder on me than the other two, and I'll be happy when it's done! But I've been feeling all sorts of kicks and movement, and that has been fun. I've been trying to enjoy that as much as possible as it is my favorite part of pregnancy, and this is definitely my last!

Emily has been talking up a storm. It's been something else. We're teething with eye teeth and I think 2 year molars, so sleeping has taken a slight turn for the worse. She is officially starting every night out in the lower bunk, though, and taking all her naps there.

So, Christy, have you tested again?

Bec

#101 of 114 Old 08-28-2005, 05:54 PM

sorry, we've been sooooo busy here lately!! I got another on wednesday, but still havent gotten AF, so I have no idea what's going on! I have alot to do tomorrow, and finding a MW is on the list, so maybe i can get a blood test or something...b/c i *feel* pregnant, lol. and i didnt get a w/ sage until 6 weeks, so i think I am one of those ppl that wont get a + until later than other ppl, if that makes sense.

we got bad news about our home loan...we were trying to get a govt loan to buy a house, but since DH is considered self-employed, they wont finance us for 2 years. we were pre-approved for the loan, until someone took a closer look at DH's tax records and put a stop to everything. and we dont qualify for a traditional mortgage b/c DH has zero credit...and I have a bankruptcy. so now we are trying to find a manufactured home dealer that can set us up w/ a land/home package. or maybe i can find someone who will do a land-contract...If I am pg, i definately do not want to give birth in this crappy place!! i want my own house damnit!!!!

Sage and I have been walking to a local park everyday. she finally went down the slide all by herself! it was so cute, she climbed up the stairs into the fort, sat at the top of the slide, yelled for her dad to watch, (I was at the top w/ her) and shoved off down the slide!!! it was awesome!! she also conquered the little climbing wall they have there today, too!!! She is understanding alot more, and putting sentences together pretty well...today, she heard us talking about going to taco bell for lunch, (DH's fav place to eat :yuck) and ran around yelling "TACO BELL! TACO BELL!" : and she sneaks up on us and tickles us! she blows raspberries on our bellies, which is just as hillarious as it sounds, lol.

so that's whats been going on around here for the most part. sorry i kept you all waiting. I'm going to re-test on wednesday....:

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#102 of 114 Old 08-29-2005, 01:13 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
christy, for you. hope it's real and just not showing up on the stick yet.

liz, are you in katrina's path? hope you're okay. hurricane's are no fun. we were in one, but by the time it got to us it was not so strong anymore. take care.

all is well here. babybean (toddler bean?) is talking up a storm and just so darn grown up. where did my baby go? where did this little kid come from? she wants to be just like her big sis, who, incidentally, started playschool this week ! she's dancing around doing pirouettes and wearing mousie ears. so crazy cute!

well just wanted to check in and make sure everybody's okay.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#103 of 114 Old 08-30-2005, 12:54 PM

We were spared the worst from Katrina, as the eye of the storm went east of us. NO didn't fare so well. I'm glad I moved out of there in 2000. I really feel for all the people stranded there.

vibes for you Christy!

We are all sick here. I have a terrible sinus infection, and had to go on antibiotics. Of course I threw up my first dose but the one I took last night and this morning stayed down. I am truly miserable. DS has a cold, and DH also has a sinus infection. Our house is a barrel of fun these days :LOL

Have a good weekeveryone!
#104 of 114 Old 08-30-2005, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Liz! I feel for you mama - I had a sinus infection in the beginning of this pregnancy - that's part of the reason why it took so long for me to realize I was pregnant. Those antibiotics are murder on an already sensitive tummy I hope you all feel better soon and I'm glad you are ok and not affected much by Katrina

I asked Jessica where mommy's baby is, she pats my belly but if I ask her where THE baby is, she pats her own belly :LOL so cute!!
#105 of 114 Old 08-30-2005, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys
I asked Jessica where mommy's baby is, she pats my belly but if I ask her where THE baby is, she pats her own belly :LOL so cute!!
Very cute. If you point to any other baby Henry immediately says "no no no." He's the baby -- period. This ought to be interesting when/if number 2 ever comes along.

Liz ... been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing with respect to Katrina. Glad to hear you're ok, albeit sick. Hope you feel better soon!

Christy ... :

We're back from vacation if a vacation is defined as merely leaving one's house to sleep somewhere else. It was not restful at all, and my MIL drove me crazy on many levels (I'll be griping about that in my blog
if you want more details). However, we went to the county fair on Saturday and Henry loved seeing the animals. He's still talking about it. He was also a little obsessed with the IL's fireplace, which is usually going in all months but the summer. He remembers it from Easter and kept asking for us to build a fire. It was often the first thing he said in the morning upon waking. He was even talking in his sleep about it one night ("I want to fix fire."). Which reminds me ... he's speaking pretty good sentences in his sleep but that hasn't transferred to daytime speech yet. Is that normal?

In mom news, she started back to work part-time 2 mornings a week and is driving again, so some of the pressure is off. She still can't carry stuff up and downstairs, so that means no laundry for her yet, so she's still living here. We'll find out (hopefully) next Wednesday when she'll be having her colostomy reversal surgery and then that'll give us an idea as to when she'll be going home. It will be much easier to ttc without her in the house! Send some my way b/c I'm about 98% sure we're starting ttc next cycle!
#106 of 114 Old 08-31-2005, 12:15 AM

Liz! I'm glad to hear you guys dodged Katrina. I'm so glad I moved away from the gulf! and I hope you are feeling better soon!

Amy~~: have fun GIO!!! :LOL maybe come join us in the TTC forum on "the ONE thread."

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#107 of 114 Old 08-31-2005, 12:16 AM

ps~I'm testing in the morning, so I'll be back to let you guys know what's up!

::::

#108 of 114 Old 08-31-2005, 12:00 PM
bec

So, Christy? It's 10 am central time! I know you're on eastern. Results?!

Bec

#109 of 114 Old 08-31-2005, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec
So, Christy? It's 10 am central time! I know you're on eastern. Results?!

Bec
Yes Christy, where are you?! Don't leave us hanging!!! :
#110 of 114 Old 08-31-2005, 03:35 PM

sorry you guys, it was

Hmm, i dont get it. i think i O'd on CD15, and my chart says I O'd on day40. today is day 53..........so I have no idea what's going on anymore!!!

:

#111 of 114 Old 08-31-2005, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

: do you have a doctor in town yet that you can go see? Hoping it's a false negative
#112 of 114 Old 08-31-2005, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

i was just flipping through the channels and saw a mom sitting down to bf her baby. You know how they will fuzz out a person's face, or body parts or something when they don't want to be seen, or the person is naked or whatever? well I couldn't believe it, they fuzzed out a line between the baby's mouth and mom's boob - and we all know that when a baby is nursing, you can't see anything anyway - I just couldn't believe it! No wonder people freak out when they see a nursing mama!
#113 of 114 Old 08-31-2005, 03:56 PM

sherri~~I am trying to find a MW now...I still owe my internist alot of $ from when I was in the hospital in April, and I know if I go to him, he'll want some money before he orders a test, and well, I just dont have any of that green stuff right now, lol. but if i get a MW and a positive pg test, i get 100% medicaid.

Over in TTC, the consensus there is that I am either having an anovulatory cycle, or I o'd really late.

and yeah, that's wierd about fuzzing a teeny piece of an areola on a nursing mom!!

#114 of 114 Old 09-04-2005, 02:47 PM

Here's the new September thread ...

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=337965

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page