~*~Nov/Dec 03 ~*~ August thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-01-2005, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can you believe it's only a couple of months before we start having SECOND birthdays?!

Anyone know where I can find some itty bitty panties? The smallest ones I can find in the store are 2T and Jessica's little butt is so small that they fall right off of her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2005, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys
Can you believe it's only a couple of months before we start having SECOND birthdays?!

Anyone know where I can find some itty bitty panties? The smallest ones I can find in the store are 2T and Jessica's little butt is so small that they fall right off of her.
There not cheap but daisy doodles makes training undies. very cute, i have a few pair. i like being able to pull them up...
what about moe undies?
http://www.softclothbunz.com/index.a...TS&Category=37
or the bummis?
eta
or maybe you can sew them in on the sides so they fit her better? (the ones at the store)
Old 08-01-2005, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

taking them in wouldn't be too difficult I guess - I just have to actually DO it :LOL
Old 08-01-2005, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
hey y'all,

my 4.5 yr old is helping me have a little bit of quiet time by not talking to me too loud. she just can't not talk! ah...the effervescent vocabulary of a 4 year old girl.

been meaning to chime in on the july thread and here it is august!

congrats all you pregnant mamas! twins! liz! wow! congratulations! christy good luck with your sore boobs -- hope they turn into something more .

we're not quite ready to wear undies full time here yet, but baby bean does pee in the potty frequently and almost always poops in the potty. she's mostly nakey at home and prefers it that way!

my big thing going on now is preschool jitters! big bean is gonna give it a try this year. she's never gone before and is firmly and securely attached to me. i'm so unsure about all this! still considering homeschooling for kindergarten, too, and maybe this year if it's a bust! ...nerves...nerves...nerves...

we have some 2T nordstrom undies that fit my girls pretty well at this age. don't know if they'd work for jessica or not, but maybe. they're nice and soft and not scratchy like some we've run across.

better run. i think baby bean is waking up...

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
Old 08-01-2005, 08:47 PM

Wow all these babes potty training! Evan just wants to take the potty apart or flush cars in the big potty : Right now we have a stopped up toilet from some toy or another he flushed. He has broken 2 potty locks.

Sherri, have you posted at the EC board? I'm sure someone could point you in the right direction for tiny panties.

Ugh- I've been sooooo sick. And grumpy. Ds has a fever for no apparent reason( I think it's 2 year molars since he is grinding his teeth) and is a crab.

Good luck Christy! Sticky vibes to you!

Tammi: You are a twin? That is sooo cool.

Beanma: Hope big bean does okay at school :
Old 08-01-2005, 10:59 PM
bec

Sherri - Again, not very cheap, but what about Hannah Anderson undies? They come in a pretty small size (80-90 being the smallest).

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Old 08-01-2005, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMama
Tammi: You are a twin? That is sooo cool.
Yup... I'm the baby.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:26 AM

well, i cant beleive its august! wow! and i cant beleive sage is going to be 2!!!! WOW!! I just cant believe how old all our babies are!!

no more sore boobies for me. i took a pg test today and it was negative, but its still way too early to test, lol...i have another 11 days to go, lol, i just had it on hand and figured I'd test *just to see* haha!!

sage isnt ready for panties yet. maybe soon, thought.

ok, ttfn!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Old 08-02-2005, 11:23 AM

you should have save that test christy!!
Old 08-02-2005, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys

Have you tried the panties on her after being washed? I bought K some panties from Walmart (for $1 a package, and it has 3 in the package) and they are size 4T, and I didn't think that they would fit for a LONG time, but I washed up a pair (they shrunk almost to HALF the size!) and they fit her perfectly now, and she as a tiny little bum too.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:27 PM

Quote:
you should have save that test christy!!
it was one from the dollar store, lol, so who knows how accurate it was...but i just couldnt wait...I'm a *have-to-know* kind of person, lol!!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Old 08-02-2005, 05:03 PM
bec

Well, I'm still crossing my fingers for you, Christy! It took us forever to get pregnant with Emily. We were trying for 6 months! I was so frustrated. But Katie was still nursing, so I think that had something to do with it. It only took us two months once I started charting.

Bec

Old 08-02-2005, 10:46 PM
bec

So, I'm back to having problems with my nighttime diapering again. : Emily soaked through her diaper and herself (and me) twice last night! One was the elaborate cloth system that has been working for a while, and the second was a disposable. The cloth has been working in general. We have a Sugar Plum Baby hemp diaper, with 2 doublers, plus one or two more fleece topped hemp doublers. Follow this with an Itty Bitty Bottoms fleece cover (I've loved these, but they are getting too small), followed with a wool soaker.

Her butt is huge, and the covers are really hard to position correctly because they are a bit too small. I would just order the next size up, but the company has, apparently, recently changed hands, and they don't have any products yet. So, I'm sort of back to square one.

Oh, I should say that even with this configuration, by morning, her diaper is so wet it is about twice to three times as heavy, and it stinks to high heaven because there is so much pee!

Anyway, I've also posted this in Diapering, but I think most of the responses have been from people with smaller babies (hence, less pee), or people who aren't getting how heavy a wetter she is!

So, any ideas? Pocket diapers have really not worked with her.

Bec

Old 08-02-2005, 10:58 PM

Well, almost all I use are pockets.
when I was having a leak problem (not just night time) I added a doubler of microfiber to the hemp and it has pretty much been working like a charm. so maybe if you can find something fleece topped(to stay dry) with something that absorbs quickly like MF that will help.
I just bought a very baby simply nights hemp fitted and it looks like it would work great for night time. 2 layers in the body then a 6 layer tri-fold fleece lilned soaker with room to add a doubler.

When Jonathan was in sposies I bought him an aristocrat to put over it(b4 i bought him fb's). Worked great almost every time i used it. I love those things.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:12 AM
bec

yeah, the wool soaker I have (I knitted it myself) is like an aristocrat. We've tried the soaker over the sposie. She will soak through a sposie in about 2-4 hours. I don't think that speed of absorption is the problem, just quantitiy. Although, I can look for a microfiber dipe to try out, and see if it is any better. I'm just getting tired and frustrated with waking up with her completely soaked through every night. Not to mention what it is doing to our laundry!

Bec

Old 08-03-2005, 01:11 AM

The wool doubler in the other thread sounds like a good idea too. stick it under all the doublers and make them do their work!!! and you can knit so you wouldnt have to buy one.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:49 AM

bec~thanks for the :, i think i need them. I have no advice for you about the dipes, b/c we use sposies : but apparently sage doesnt pee as much as emily does. I hope you can figure out a good system that works for her.

Old 08-03-2005, 11:16 AM
bec

Yeah, the wool doubler sounds like a good idea to me too. I have some unspun wool fleece, and was thinking of just lightly felting that into the right shape and replacing one of the hemp or cotton doublers. I would think that was the problem, if there was any part of her diaper that was dry in the morning. But there really isn't. I mean, it is sopping. Very disgusting (sorry to all those that have morning sickness : ).

I should measure how much pee she produces some night. I could weigh her diaper clean and dirty, and figure out how much that is. All I know, is that it is loads and loads. I suppose if I could ever night wean her, she would have less to produce, but she's pretty firmly attached to that bottle right now.

Bec

Old 08-03-2005, 11:23 AM

There was a diaper weighing thread awhile back in the diapering forum and Angelicas happened to weigh the least. :LOL
She's not like that anymore but not like emily either.
I sure know about bottle attachments. Jonathan was addicted too. If Angelica wasnt addicted to my boobs it would be a bottle.
I think they are fighting each other down there so i am off.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:34 PM

hey tammi, how's your oldest son doing?? is his name spelled Sean or Shawn? I can never get that straight b/c I have both spellings in my family, and i always seem to get it wrong, lol.

How are all the PG moms doing?? and where are the u/s pics already?

have you guys ever heard of "infantigo" or "inpantigo?" FIL"s DW has it and strep-throat, so we wont be over visiting her for awhile, as she is contagious w/ both illnesses. I looked some stuff up about "infantigo" and its a really yucky rash that usually contains staph infection, and you get it from swimming pools, bedsheets, or towels, or surfaces that havent been sanitized properly. she stayed at a hotel last weekend and thinks she got it there, b/c she said the sheets looked dirty, and she went swimming in the pool, so it could be either of those. i was just wondering if anyone here has ever heard of it or had it before, b/c she is desperate for info about it, and most of the stuff I looked up is just an explanation of what it is, not really any info about how to keep it from spreading to others or re-infecting yourself.

have a great day everyone!

Old 08-03-2005, 03:15 PM

ew bec, emily's dipes sound like jasper's before we weaned him from the bottle -- he still has a sippy handy at night, but he doesn't go through nearly as much water from it (which we were hoping would be the case, and it was!). it's gotten better. there are still some mornings we don't make it all the way through (especially if i manage to keep knocking him out in the morning by laying next to him and nursing everytime he makes a peep), but usually we're okay with a pocket and 3 microfiber inserts (sometime 2 and 1 hemp, just depends what's clean). it ain't pretty and not pleasant to get a whiff of sometimes, but it's mostly working. i don't really have advice either, i can't imagine you being able to add anymore layers without miss em being really uncomfy. if she's particular about that sort of thing.

cool bed, too. we're just gearing up to move jasper's current mattress on the floor up to at least the boxspring, if not the entire bedframe. his toddler bed is just sitting there, unused... so i figure why not try a regular bed since he's used to the size of what he's on now (fullsize mattress). i have big plans for how i'm going to paint the bedframe and arrange his room since it will be down to 1 bed instead of the current 3 (there's also still the crib in there, that we'll be moving out to somewhere else for the baby to nap sometimes).

christy - if i unearth that scanner, maybe i can find the photo someone took at my baby shower in early november '03 comparing my belly with bec's! if bec doesn't mind, that is... i'll have to see if i can find the picture. too bad whoever took it didn't have a digital camera. dh's family is complaining for me to scan the u/s pics too, so maybe i'll make an effort this week. i'm on a bit of a nesting kick already anyway and the laundry room is one of the rooms i'm always in that really needs a cleaning out/up. laundry just never seems to make its way upstairs anymore. :

mmmm, my potpie is ready for lunch. i've been living on these things lately (storebought, oh well, but yummy). gonna go eat and hopefully that will recharge me to get started on some cleaning! the next few days is running running running -- sensitivity testing for jbutt tomorrow, midwife for me friday, then indiana to see the in-laws this weekend. yikes!

::: lori
Old 08-03-2005, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

y'all are going to laugh at me - I started the thread and forgot to subscribe to it :LOL I was wondering why no one was talking
Old 08-03-2005, 08:29 PM

I fforgot to subscribe too :

Hey I have 1000 posts]!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 12:11 AM
bec

Yay Liz!

Lori - Sure, go ahead and post that pic, it's a stitch! Considering that they were born within 12 hours of each other, you would never have known that by looking at the picture!

And, yeah, if I get some of the morning diaper fumes, holy cow! I'm just glad I'm done with the morning sickness. Every morning, changing the diaper was a sure cause for a trip to the bathroom afterwards!

I've ordered a couple of the Stacinator deluxe fleece covers, so will keep my fingers crossed that they will work. Also, my mom is knitting me a super wool cover. It will be knitted very large, with wool fleece (basically just washed, but unspun wool) knitted in, and then she's going to felt it down to the right size. It should be great.

Well, both kids are sleeping, so I should take advantage of that too!

Bec

Old 08-04-2005, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980
hey tammi, how's your oldest son doing?? is his name spelled Sean or Shawn? I can never get that straight b/c I have both spellings in my family, and i always seem to get it wrong, lol.
I spelled it "Shawn" because there seemed to be so many "seans" around at the time. He's doing good. He still lives with his Dad but he wants to go back to school this september so thats good.....

I have heard of impetego(sp?) Tell her not to touch it if she doesnt need to and wash her hands if she does. shawns doc probably gave him bactroban to put on it. Its an antibiotic ointment. I bet neosporin would help...
http://www.impetigodoctor.com/
looks like they have remedies here- off to read it.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:24 AM

Congrats Liz!
Old 08-04-2005, 01:15 AM

haven't found the cool lori/bec bellies picture yet but did actually clean up the laundry room (most of it, anyway), get to the computer, and scan a few pics from the 3d ultrasound last month. the tech grabbed 4 captures. these were the better ones.

i must say these ultrasounds are a little creepy -- one of the shots is with her eyes open and i think it looks plain freaky. no definitive sex shot, either... it's on the video but not that convincing to me given the postion (kind of a 3/4 side view -- the tech said there was no doubt, though). i'll still feel really silly if this does turn out to be a boy for calling him millie all this time... but that's okay.

ultrasound pics

hard to tell with the squished nose, shadows, and bony arms/hands but i think she's gonna look a lot like jasper. freaked me out when he came out and everyone said he looked like me. i was really expecting a miniature of phil but maybe bald (phil has been decidedly not bald since birth)!

::: lori
Old 08-04-2005, 01:27 AM

those were pretty cool.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:21 AM

Yay Lori!! thanks for posting those pics! you have a gorgeous baby on the way, and a very handsome pair of gentlemen in your family, lol!!

Liz, congrats on 1k posts! I think tammi told me that you get to 2k alot faster, and its true, lol!!

tammi, thanks for clarifying, and thanks for the info. she said she was going to wash everything in bleach today, on hot, so that may help stop the spreading and also she's making a bleach/water mix to spray on everything, as well as lysol...she's not into "natural" cleaning products as you can see, lol. I can kind of understand though with this b/c she definately doesnt want to make it worse for herself and she doesnt want any one else getting it.

ok ,i HAVE to go to bed now! goodnight!

Old 08-04-2005, 10:08 AM
bec

Those ultrasound pics are amazing! Kind of makes me wish I was getting one! :LOL

I don't even have a belly pic yet. I'm still too self conscious about the bulges that aren't the baby. I do feel like things are starting to pop out, though. I feel like I'm looking visibly pregnant, rather than just fat.

Maybe I can work something up this weekend, and get DH to upload it (for some reason, I seem to be completely incapable of doing that.

I have had my second trimester pregnancy nesting projects start to see some fruition. I have gotten Katie's room completely redone with her bunk beds, and moved some toys from the playroom into her room. This is in exchange for taking her glider out! I wasn't able to talk her out of it when I was pregnant with Emily, but managed to get it this time! The playroom is close to being done. I have some organization, a couple of shelves to hang, and the closet to clean. That's next on my list. I want to clean and organize all my closets. They are really scary, and need lots of help!

Bec

User Tag List