my nursing toddler has milk spot - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-02-2002, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am pregnant in my last trimester and have been nursing my toddler throughout the pregnancy (although noticed diminished milk supply thru 4th to 8th month). Lately noticed I have clear fluid (perhaps colustrum??). This week noticed my toddler has milk spot on her scalp...which is normal in babies. Strange. She had it for the longest time as a baby and I learned best way to remove it was to put oil on the head before she goes to bed and inthe morning with a cloth gently wipe it off.

Now that she has hair a bit harder to do it. I find it so strange that she has it. Does it really have to do with me nursing her? Or is it due to the fact that I only wash her hair once a week and that its fall and dry air??

It is not dandruff... definitely the milk spot thing.

Thanks for helping me with your tips.

stephanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2002, 04:03 PM
Banned

Milk spot? Do you mean patchy bits that can be scrubbed off, or softened and removed? When dd had that as an infant, I found that washing her hair more frequently and with more detailed attention took care of the problem. You might try washing her hair every other day or every day for a couple weeks, paying extra attention to the scalp around the hairline. Good luck!
Old 12-02-2002, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

isnt it called 'milk spot'?? I am just translating it from the german words that the germans call it here. Funny I dont even know what its called in English. They all say its because of nursing or something.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:27 PM

I think what you're referring to is called "cradle cap." I can't imagine that it has anything to do with nursing.

User Tag List