Is it normal for toddlers to be aggressive in groups? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-04-2002, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I take DS to a gymnastics class once a week, which he loved all summer. During the school year the woman who runs the gym also teaches preschool, and all of her students attend the gymnastics hour. This year they are all boys, ranging from 2 1/2 to almost 4, and they are (to me) extremely aggressive. I don't know if it's because they are boys or because she has too many kids (there are 8 in her preschool), plus the 7-8 that come with their moms for gymnastics. It is inevitable that the kids fight over the one tricycle, knock each other down, yell, and chase each other. Today one little boy bit another one really hard. My son is only 20 months old, and it's scary to me and I think to him. He just hangs back and watches most of the time. Should I be taking my son to this class? He enjoys the tumbling and the songs, but I don't like him seeing all the hitting, yelling and wrestling. Am I just too senstive?
TIA,
Steph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2002, 08:01 PM
Liz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That just sounds too overwhelming for your child. My son and I are in a gymnastics class and there are only 7 kids enrolled, all 2 year olds.

User Tag List