What's the coolest toy on your list for your kid/s? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-09-2002, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think the Musini from Neurosmith is my big find this year for dd who is nearly 20 months. This is a groovy toy that makes music in response to your toddler's body movements. It makes faster or slower tempo music according to how fast or slow the kid moves. Fascinating. I hope she likes it. I also found a fun Spongebob bath toy set. She loves to take baths and she loves sponges and she loves the Square guy.

My 10 yo Dss is getting a few of those mini RC cars and a thing that changes the pitch and sound of your voice to disguise it.

What's your showstopper present this year for your kid. I'm sure we could all use some inspiration in the toy shopping wars.

Denny
#2 of 4 Old 12-09-2002, 11:14 PM

We're getting DS (who will be 2 on Jan 4th) a junior drum kit complete with snare, toms, bass drum, stool and sticks! From the outside I think I might seem excessive to some (actually quite affordable thanks to JC Penney) but what can I say? The kid's gotta gift.

Em 43 - Wife to hubby Mom to DS born: Jan. '01
#3 of 4 Old 12-10-2002, 12:05 AM

Actually, it will be for dd's birthday because I saw them after I already got all her Christmas stuff. A friend of mine just started selling them on line (in Canada) at www.woodentoyland.com. They are so beautiful & I know she will just LOVE it!

Helen wash.gif Homeschooling Mama to Nicola photosmile2.gif 07/00 , Daniel kewl.gif 05/03 & cat.gifX2...and hug.gif with Barry caffix.gif since 08/87
#4 of 4 Old 12-10-2002, 01:14 AM

We got Phineas a slide. I think its a Little Tikes one.. The one with the stair steps, and the house shape over it, and a space to crawl underneath it..

We also got him a toy drill set, a (toy, of course) microwave, and a fire engine with a siren... Add things he loves! I can not wait til Christmas!! He has no idea what Christmas even is, and I am going crazy having to wait to give him his presents! :LOL

I can't believe this, but my nephew, who is 4 years old, is getting his own VCR for Christmas! : Is that crazy or what?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page