What a horrible Day! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-09-2002, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
From the time ds2 woke up this morning it's been nothing but bad. All he did ALL DAY lONG is whine and cling to me. Maybe he's getting those 2yr molars, could be the cold he still has, I dunno.
At 5pm I decided to take a ride to Walmart to return something. he was okay for that. On the way home I call ds1 and ask him to warm a bottle for the baby and I would be dropping him off so I could go to the grocery store. I only had to get one thing in the store and didn't feel like getting him out of and back into the car again. I figured I would be 10min tops. So Shawn asks me to get microwave popcorn. I'm all over the store looking for it, finally found it went home. I ended up being about 20 min thanks to the stupid popcorn.
I pull in the driveway to find Shawn and my next door neighbor in the hall. Here I am thinkin Shawn and her son must've done something bad and she was there to tell me, NO.
Here's the topper to my day!
Shawn took Jonathan's jacket off in the hall and Jonathan walked into the kitchen. shawn dropped a bag and was picking it up and JONATHAN LOCKED SHAWN OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!!!
Shawn tried to get his attention. He says Jonathan was sitting ifo the door. So he went next door to call me on my cell. $60.00 a F*&^#ing month I pay and the call didn't go through. I found my son in his brothers room with the door closed(he locked himself in here) crying his eyes out in a corner. He was so happy to see us that he was hugging me and wouldnt let go but was trying to hug shawn too. I sat and gave him his bottle and cried some. All the while he would not let go of brothers finger. He knelt on my lap for about 10 min after that just hugging me.
When daddy came home tonight he was even so happy to see him he ran to him with a smile and open arms for a hug(he's never done that before)!
He's happy now and we're gonna go cuddle in bed soon.
I cant wait for the slamming doors closed stage to be over....
I will be going to the store tommorrow for some sort of latch that maybe I can screw onto the door fram that can block the door from closing all the way. If it's something thats not attached it will just get lost.
Thanks for listening. I needed to get it off my chest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-10-2002, 02:41 AM

OMG, what an ordeal. That would have freaked me out! Ds is in the stage of slamming doors, and can almost reach our doorknobs. We keep wondering when he is going to lock himself in the bathroom or front bedroom. Luckily we have really old locks and they are easily picked with a butter knife.

However, we have a front entry gate, and then our front door. The buzzer to open the gate is in the doorjamb of the front door, so that has to be open in order to open the gate. One time as ds and I were coming home from a walk, we went through the gate, which I shut, then I opened the front door, and let go of his hand so I could gather the rest of our stuff up. He walked in the front door and almost closed it. I just grabbed it in time. I would have been locked in the entry way outside of our house (it's happened to people before: ) with ds inside!

I have been dreading the 2yr molars. Ds is a hard teether, so I'm sure I'll know when they're coming.

Well, I hope all your babies are asleep and you are getting some relaxation time in. You must be exhausted.
#3 of 6 Old 12-10-2002, 09:29 AM

(((Tammi))) Yikes ..What a day!! I'm glad everyone's OK

For inside doors we put a towel over the top of the door, so they can't slam or shut all the way..(not very attractive, but they work!)
#4 of 6 Old 12-10-2002, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Well here I tought that was the last bad thing to happen last night.
Jonathan fell out of bed last night because I wasn't on my side of the bed and I hadn't fixed it so he would be totally safe. I planned on going back to bed but I fell asleep on the couch.
Ya, then he did it again this morning while being silly.
#5 of 6 Old 12-10-2002, 02:20 PM

poor you and poor Johnathan!

Sounds like you need to go back to bed and start the day over again.....
#6 of 6 Old 12-10-2002, 05:16 PM

oh ((((Tammi)))) and ((((Jonathan )))) and ((((Shawn)))) too

the things these little ones do!!!

Dd almost walked out of the house the other day. I guess dh didnt' close the door all the way when he came in (but it looked closed, so there must have been just a tiny crack in the door)

dd managed to open it all the way and was on her way out to play with the dog!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page