Occasional vomiting? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-21-2002, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son seems to be vomiting a lot lately. At least 2-3 times per week he will overstuff his mouth, choke a little, throw up and take 6 years off his moms life (LOL) Last Monday, he had a fever and was feeling yucky and threw up twice. I wasn't sure if it was a stomach virus because he did keep some food down, but it was gone by Tuesday, so who knows?

And then today he vomited twice again. He threw up a little at breakfast (wasn't overstuffing) and then was fine all day. He ate a decent lunch, napped for a long time and then around 4 suddenly just laid down on my lap and then threw up (A LOT!) After a major clean up and a little time, he was back to normal.

So it just seems like it is happening a lot now. Is there anything else that can cause occasional vomiting in a toddler? Or did we just happen to catch 2 minor stomach viruses within two weeks of each other.

My Dr is terrible (we are switching next year with new insurance) so I don't even want to bother with them. It's the same old script - don't worry unless he is dehydrated, vomiting for 3 days straight yadda yadda. If it's not an ear infection, I don't think they know how to treat it. But that's a whole 'nother vent!

Thanks!
Jenn

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#2 of 3 Old 12-21-2002, 01:20 AM

We had a patient with similar symptoms about 6 years ago...he threww up every day for three straight weeks. He always did it in the middle of the night and the MD didn't know what to make of it. His mom brought him in and we adjusted him. He hasn't thrown up since. Have you tried taking him to a chiropractor?
#3 of 3 Old 12-21-2002, 10:25 PM
Banned

A chiropractor is a great idea. That would probably be the first thing I'd do. Otherwise, it sounds so mysterious! I'd say it's definitely possible he caught a couple of viruses in quick succession; also, it is possible that it's dietary? A food allergen? Just a guess.

You might just have a puker; some do. More a laundry than a health problem, as La Leche League says.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page