The basics: eating and sleeping - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-22-2002, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone. Got a question. My ds is 20 months. Lately, the past week or so, he'll sleep most of the night. Then about 4am he starts getting really restless and wants to nurse the rest of the morning until we get up. It seems he wakes up every 30 minutes fussing and looking for me. What's with that? I don't remember this with my daughter, don't think it's teeth. I'm not sure whether to keep letting him nurse this often and hope it passes, or impose some limits. Either way, it's tough.

The other thing that could be related to the above is he is such a picky eater. He likes just a handful of foods. Otherwise, he'll just cry and be fussy but still not eat. He would rather starve than to eat something he doesn't like. Again, very diff. from my dd. He won't eat any veggies, and only bananas for fruit. He likes eggs, pbj, popcorn, anything that's sweet :, fries, rice and beans and maybe some ground turkey with the rice. That's it! And YET he is in the "75th percentile" across the board. Maybe my milk supply is diminishing, but he's not eating more so he gets hungry toward late morning. ??

Any thoughts?
#2 of 3 Old 12-23-2002, 12:34 AM

My son is actually doing this now too, but he just turned 1.

He is huge on the charts, like above the 95th percentile. I just figure he is growth-spurting, since he eats the same as always during the day and just seems to want to nurse all night.

Nicole

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#3 of 3 Old 12-23-2002, 01:08 AM

This seems to be a very common phenomenon. Many mama's I know have gone through a "nurse all the time" phase around 18 months (give or take a month). I'm not sure why it happens, but many women end up back at LLL wondering the same thing. Like most things toddler related, this too shall pass. I wouldn't worry about limiting him, before you know it he will probably be back to normal (or leading you in another direction altogether LOL). With my ds this particular phase lasted about a month, but he is a nurse-a-holic anyway
HTH
Laurie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page