Mothering Forum banner

Sept 2004 Mamas - Welcome to Toddlerhood!

6K views 270 replies 26 participants last post by  JenInMpls 
#1 ·
rabbit rabbit!!!

:LOL

#227 ·
Congrats on your pouches, FF! I just found out that my brother/sister in law are preggo, so expect an order from me in a few months!
I always wanted one of your pouches for myself, but never had the extra $ (and already had too many carriers,
). Now, with my new job and higher paycheck, I can finally get one for them! I am so excited to be an aunt!

M is going to be an angel and Raney is going to be a ladybug. Trick or treat in our town is tonight and Mieke is so excited!

#228 ·
Hi, gals. Coming up for air again. I may never get to go back and see what all I've missed. In fact, I didn't get to check here again after I said I was heading to San Diego. I wonder if I missed a great opportunity to meet someone. Poo.

Wow, Harmony. Blow me over. I've decided that you are not human. No, you are a flesh and blood sewing machine, more amazing than any Singer or Brother out there. How do you do it????? Wild...

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying those sweet babies! And the cooler weather.

I'm straining to keep the joy in the face of what my sister aptly called this "terrorism" by my in-laws. Ha. She said that because terrorists' goal is to make you nervous and fearful and change your way of life. Sigh. After a fabulous, refreshing week and a half in California getting my heart and spirit and mind shored up, we returned last weekend for the dreaded family get-together with the grandmother. All was OK, and supposedly the in-laws weren't talking to the visitors about all this conflict, so we could enjoy their visit... But when I was alone with dh's sweet, old grandmother (whom I've known and enjoyed company with for 12 years) and asked if her visit was going well, she suddenly turned cold and hateful and spat, "It was, until YOU got here!" Then she proceeded to actually call me "pure evil." ????? When dh walked back in, she immediately switched back to cheerful smiley grandma. I was devastated and angry and at the same time, had to laugh. How ludicrous!!! ME of all people, evil? Very ironic. I dare say in that whole room there isn't a single person who strives to love God, do his good, and serve people more. Sigh. Sadly, I feel the need to share my drama because it's just so overwhelming and outrageous to me, but never in my life have I been one to "gossip". Now I feel I'm in the realm of gossiping. I can't wait to finally sit down with my terrorists and find out what in the heck is going through their heads!! Dh is making me wait... he finally returns from the CA job this weekend, and he wants to meet with them alone first. So probably in two weekends. Then I can't wait to jump in there and have my say. I can't wait to see what mighty good work God is planning to make of all this badness...

Oh, and immediately after that family visit, our family got the flu. First William Sunday night... Then Tuesday morning/afternoon, me. Then Tuesday evening, Nicolas and Matt in California. Then 3 a.m. Wednesday morning, McKenna started puking. Oh, joy. Today we're all better, it seems. Now I can resume my search for the elusive Pokemon costume Nicolas wants. There were so many on eBay a couple of weeks ago, I thought I would find them at the costume shops no problem. Ha! I'll probably end up making them at the last moment in a panic. I'm wanting to make the twins into a pair of dice. LOL.

Gotta run.

Keep us in your thoughts, OK? I miss you all. Jen, tell Cheryl I feel like such a cad everyday when I pass by the sewing machine knowing I can't get to it yet again. (For some bizarre reason, though, I had finished Tristan's rainbow diaper right after the doll. So now I just need to dredge up your address and can at least send them to you. I had wanted to wait and send Cheryl's diapers at the same time, but that could be awhile longer.) Oh, if only I could have some PEACE around here and get on with my normal, happy, naive life!! =O)

Oh, and P.S. I'll have some really cute pictures soon... And William was crying the other day and I noticed that he suddenly has two top molars!!! What the??? So now he has 10 teeth, while McKenna still has 6. He's an expert walker; she's just taking timid steps here and there. Funny how they are --- the boy is more physical; while the girl is more verbal. She says more words and is now a sign language whiz baby. LOL. This week she started picking up new signs faster than I could introduce them. Too cute.

#229 ·
Ha, I finished that last entry to go change William's diaper. While there, I discovered he just popped a bottom molar, tooth number 11. Wow.

Oh, and I wanted to share this epiphany I had while in California...

I had been wondering how a mother-in-law could be so judgmental and hateful and unaccepting instead of just embracing who her son chose as his life partner and loving her even with her different parenting choices... And was praying that I would not be that kind of mother. When it hit me. How incredibly hard would it be, if Nicolas grew up and married someone who embodied everything I tried so hard NOT to do with my own kids? Like, what if my daughter-in-law got pregnant in the middle of her career years, and was hateful toward the little "inconvenience", and chose to work full time and leave the baby with some careless sitter or center... and what if she felt breastfeeding was disgusting, inconvenient and barbaric? and what if she insisted HER son be circumcised? and what if she let the baby sit in seats and swings and cry in the crib all day; anything but actually hold the baby? And what if she valued looks over relationship, and spent all her free time cleaning and decorating and shopping and never read to the children or took them on little walks to the park? What if she never let them play in mud puddles because they would dirty their outfits? What if she refused to even consider homeschooling because "I can't stand being around them for the little time we're together now; there's no way I could spend all day with them." What if she fed them sodas, lollipops, beer, and smoked around them?

You get the picture. Wouldn't you just freak out?? You might even be tempted to call CPS, LOL. So this fresh perspective was very enlightening to me. No doubt my mother-in-law is coming from a completely opposite perspective from me, and sees everything I do as distasteful and not worthy of her son or grandchildren. Even though I see them as better than the choices she made in her own parenting.

#230 ·
I guess, dear Savannah, that the only way you can avoid having a daughter-in-law like that is to convey to Nicolas, on a very deep level, how important all of these things are to you, so that his values become a mirror of your values and he picks a partner who holds similar things dear to her. This is what we do with so many other things - I think this isn't any different. By the way, I told Steph about your situation and her opinion was that, if that happened to her, she would never talk to her inlaws again, they wouldn't see their grandkid again, and if her husband stayed in contact with them, she'd be livid. She feels that in this case, your husband's chosen bond with you as his wife and mother of his children trumps blood ties. I personally don't know if I could be so hard-core and I know that you are a forgiving type of person (it really makes life more peaceful, doeson't it?), but I just wanted you to know that you are definitely the one here who has nothing to feel remorse over, although I am sure you feel very sad about the whole situation.

Harmony those are some cute girls you've got there.
congrats on your big sale.

T does not have a Halloween costume. We get, despite being in the heart of the city, very few trick-or-treaters and last year spent the evening at our neighbor's house chatting. T doesn't need candy and neither do his moms! Our school does a Halloween walk in a local nature retreat which is absolutely stupendous, but I think it's way beyond him this year so I'm not taking him.

We looked at the house for sale and I'm so glad that we did, because we found out it was not what we wanted. It made me realize that the love and work we have put into this house is worth more to us, and the thought of re-doing it by moving into another house made us both visibly sag at the shoulders. Plus, there were some issues that really bothered us - the radiator pipes were old and rusting, only a few had been replaced; the stained-glass window in the dining room was cracked; the floors upstairs were in horrific shape, the 3rd bedroom technically wasn't a bedroom (would have been an acceptable office, perhaps) and, strangest to both of us, the pipe going from the woodburning stove in the living room went straight up and through the middle of a closet upstairs. Now I have seen something similar to this where the chimney goes through the middle of an attic, but a closet? And they hadn't done anything to finish the hole they hacked in the floor of the closet, either. It turned into a thanks-but-no-thanks and I am glad we looked and didn't spend energy thinking "wow, if only we had checked out that house... it would have been the place for us, no doubt!".

T is sleeping in his stroller (needed to induce a nap) and I think I just heard him say "bop", so I had better go look. be well, xoxo j

#232 ·
What a bummer, Becca - sending loads of healing thoughts your way.

Thinking of you, too, Savannah - I can't imagine what pain you must be feeling right now. It's hard enough to just be the best mama you can without second guessing yourself (or it is for me anyway) - to have these people who are supposed to be your support act in this disgraceful way must be agonizing.

Jen - glad you feel closure about the house that could have been!

Well, my little monsters made a haul tonight at trick or treat. R shouldn't eat candy, so that's an excuse for me to eat it all, right...

#233 ·
Tonight i am taking the bull by the horns..... I am goning to show up at a bar where an ex-boyfriend of mine's band is playing. He is my most significant ex and I haven't spoken to him in about 5 years... He holds a big grudge against me for how our relationship ended. I'll admit I screwed up, there's no denying it, however he has been ridiculously vindictive regarding the matter. And I've gotten so used to being afraid of seeing him.....
So, i'm gonna go to this bar tonight, since he's moving away and if I'm gonna confront my fears I need to do it now. It's not like he's a bad guy or anything, in fact he was really good to me and I hurt him. I've been wanting to apologize to him face to face for a long time....

Anyway, I'm sick to my stomach about it but that's why I'm doing it.
Wish me luck.

Mielle has been very difficult at night again, she woke up every half an hour for over 4 hours last night!!!! I got about 15 mins of sleep before 2 in the morning! Grrrrr... Am questioning my resolve not to night wean.

Well, gotta go
Love to all

#235 ·
HOpe you feel better soon Becca!
Good luck to you Anna! Let us know how it went!
Savannah, sorry to hear about your inlaws. I worry about what Desi's partner will be like too..i know its a long way off, but i like to think ahead.
Harmony, I see it now! She is so cute!
Today I went to a vigil for women who have been killed by spousual abuse. It was sad. I took part in it by wearing white makeup and I repsresnted a woman who was killed by her husband. Desi and I may be in the paper. Someone snapepd a few photos of us...some of Desi nursing, some of my boobs I'm sure.
We also voted today against the amendemtn in Texas banning same sex marriage. Can you believe that is even trying to be passed?

#238 ·
Well, I'm not quite healthy, but no longer bedridden! Robin started getting the super snot stream cold on Sat night/sunday morning, and I ended up having to cancel plans and stay with her all day. Monday I worked and she seemed a little under the weather, but then at night I started getting sick. By Tuesday, I was feeling so ill I could barely take care of her. CLint went to his mom's after work to help her deliver firewood (FIL is away on hurricane duty) - and I was calling like every 15 bminutes begging him to come home b/c I couldn't handle robin by myself. Robin and I had been sleeping in the guest room due to her not sleeping at all. Well, woke up Wed. mornig and felt like hell - took my temp and it was 104.1!! I was shaky and weak and couldn't focus or sit up straight. I've never felt that sick. Clint stayed with me until MIL came over and took us to the doctor, then she brought me home and watched Robin and cleaned up (Bless her - b/c my folks were coming to visit again) until CLint came home after lunch. So, all day wed and thurs, I've only seen Robin for a few minutes at the time, when my mom or clint brought her up to nurse or already asleep. I've missed her. But her nose is still super snotty, although there's no longer a fever. And I still feel weak and crummy. Pneumonia is bizarre - I've never felt so weak and sick. And I really didn't want my family to come with ROin and I both sick, but it turned out to be a good thing - my mom loves watching her and never gets to, and I could really rest.

Savannah - Hugs. I am amazed at the depth of negativity of your ILs. The only solution I can see is for you to not let them matter to you. I sincerely hope your DH can broker an understanding with them, but these vicious attacks are unacceptable. They must have little to do with their time, if they can devote so much energy to imagining malevolent urges behind your parenting choices. Stay strong, and focus on the positive folks inyour life. It sounds like your IL's are a big, close family - mine are too, and I don't see eye-to-eye with them on everything, but it's hard not to get sucked into them. I really hope you find peace.

Holli - glad to hear you came through everything fine. SOunds like Mari is having lots of fun adventures! Robin demand sot go out too - she grabs the doorknobs and tries to turn them.

Jillian - Welcome! Jump on in!

FF - CONGRATS! That's really awesome! You must be so proud!

alright, RObin's waking up! This is her first solo nap in a week!

#239 ·
Oh Savannah, my heart just breaks for you. I can't remember. Did you guys move to AZ partly to be near your in-laws? They are just so hateful. It's so sad.

Becca, I can't believe how sick you were! So glad you are on the mend now and Robyn too.

Mari still has her running nose but she has not had a fever. She is still teething so much too. The humidifier is definitely working though! We got a slant/fin warm mist one for her room. DH got it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond with a 20% off coupon. It keeps it so warm and toasty. She is breathing so much better with it too. She has slept mostly straight through since we got it. He got one for our room and the family room too but haven't set it up yet.

Tomorrow is our Halloween party. I'm so excited!

Holli

#240 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by veganbaby
We also voted today against the amendment in Texas banning same sex marriage. Can you believe that is even trying to be passed?
In Texas? Yeah I have no trouble believing that! Thanks for voting against it, though. Hmmmm, I wonder how my mother-in-law voted...

Anna - good luck! How'd it go?

Becca, glad you're up and about if not feeling super yet. Pneumonia is nasty, I had it when I was in HS and missed a couple of weeks of school.

Well, the cat is attacking me (not really, but she is trying really, REALLY hard to get onto my lap - nudging hands, arms, purring, etc) so I ought to go give her some good attention while T is asleep. xo, j

#241 ·
Becca, glad you're feeling better!

Savannah, hugs. That sounds brutal. I agree that you're just going to have to accept that you're not going to get their approval and find a way to deal with it. Even though they're being crazy you don't have to be.

Anna, I hope all went well with the ex.

Jillian -- great name! Welcome aboard! YOu have to jump in on this thread or YOu'll never get a word in edgewise

Oh my goodness, I am SO BORED today! It is rainy and cold, and the stroller got left out last night, so its also wet and cold. Sigh. I have already baked bread, vacuumed, almost finished reading a book, eaten breakfast and lunch, did laundry . . . how am I going to survive the winter? Andrew and I are so tired of each other already today. Well, he is screaming because I wouldn't let himb bang the keyboard with a hairbrush, so I must go and be a good mommy. I am going to die this winter. Maybe I'll break down and get cable.
:

#242 ·
mmm..Homemade bread....sounds good jilly. I lost 4 pounds on the pnuemonia diet. It's fantastic, you don't eat anything, throw up a little bit, but don't have any hunger pains at all
. But now that I'm eatng again I'm having bizarre cravings...like rainbow sherbet, which I've never requested once in my life.

Anna - how did it go? It's good to get closure on that kind of stuff.

We're big humidifier fans around here, and I do think they help Robin sleep better.

Well, I broke down and bought Robin "real" shoes today. She is in love with the outdoors - begs to go out, cries when we come in. and with it getting cold and wet, I want more between the ground and her feet than socks and a piece of leather. Plus, she's been walking for 5 months now - I'm not concerned about her stability. Of course, they reommended the hightop, and I declined. She's done fine w/o ankle support so far, and I would find it really annoying. We narrowed it down to 2 pairs, one really cute, one really practical - and my mom, being my mom, said let's buy both! so she bought one and I bought the other. One is a pair of basic stride rite T-strap mary janes (white) (http://www.striderite.com/shopping/p...iProductID=256) and the other is a cute hot pink mary jane with flowers on the strap and a squeaker in the heel! (http://www.beesqueaky.com/shoes.htm the SQL233 in hot pink) Robin loved them - she was stomping in the store to make them squeak and grinning! But you can remove the squeaker if it gets annoying.

We did buy them in 2 different sizes, so as to be at least a little practical, and we paid less than the internet prices.

Cynthia - we had a similar vote in GA in 2004, and I was so disappointed in how our state voted. But the fact is that the people who vote in the largest numbers don't always represent the majority opinion - and unfortunately the poeple who agree with me don't get out the vote as much as the radical right does - and they are well-funded to get voters out. The hate movements are recruiting on a much larger scale than those who favor justice.

ALright - y'all have good nights!

#243 ·
HeatherB, I'm still in San Jose! I hope you enjoyed your stay in Santa Cruz.

Yo Becca, I'm glad you're on the mend. Sorry you both were so ill!

I just rejoined and I'm already hopelessly behind!

I wanted to share a couple pictures from the pumpkin patch so you would have an updated picture of my little one. I last shared pictures when he was 3-1/2 months old (from our trip to China if anyone remembers)!

Picture 1
Picture 2

We have been having a bit of a rough patch recently. Lucas was sick over the weekend and he just moved up to a new room in daycare. It's an adjustment for all of us becuase we had all really come to love his old room and the teachers so much. The new room is great, though, because he plays outside twice a day and he loves that. The challenge is that they have a set nap time, on cots, they are to drink out of sippies (no bottles), and they sit at tables to eat. It seems so grown up!

I stressed to the caregiver yesterday that I wanted to be sure if he was going to drink one bottle of milk that it should be the breastmilk! I've stopped pumping, but he is still getting 1 bottle of thawed breastmilk a day as I clear out my freezer stash.

Are your kids signalling when they want to breastfeed? He's starting patting either my chest or his when he wants a drink now. It's so cute. Much cuter than a few weeks ago when he would pull on my neckline and look down my shirt.
Ok, that was pretty cute, too.

#244 ·
You ladies will never guess what. I don't know if any of you read my post about Rowan's pimply rash and cough and thinking he was allergic to our kittens or not but guess what? I took him to the Dr yesterday and he's not allergic to the kitties, he has the measles!!
I can't even believe it's measles. When I think "measles" I think of some deadly virus and he doesn't have a fever or anything. He has a rash and a cough but other than that he's happy as a clam. Odd isn't it? The Dr told me just to put Eucerin on the rash and be on the lookout for a fever. He also has an ear infection in his right ear due to the virus. Measles! Never would have thought!

I have a question about the ear infection...The Dr prescribed antibiotics but I'm hesitant to give them to him because I've heard if you give a child antibiotics they won't develop an immunity. I bought some natural ear drops with garlic oil and olive oil that I've been giving him and I also have been giving him Echinacea drops. He seems happy and fine and the ear isn't bothering him so the drops and Echinacea should be enough right?

#245 ·
Wow, maylea moon! That is really cool that Rowan has the measles! I've been reading more about the MMR (thinking I won't do it with Cis) and it's not always easy for kids to get exposed now with everyone vaccinated, but it's important they do for immunity. So, sorry you have a sick kid, but it sounds like he's doing okay and how amazing that he has the measles!

As far as the antibiotics, he will develop natural immunity even if he has a round of antibiotics BUT if he's not super sick, I think the drops and echinachea should be okay. I've only done antibiotics after 1) Cecilia's ear drum ruptured (yes, I felt like a terrible mom and 2) when she had a really crazy fever (although I think I panicked and should have let it be).

SO speaking of sick kids and antibiotics, quick everyone, tell me how many times your one year olds have taken them. And yes, I'll be jealous when you tell me never. Cecilia just finished hers up and she is NOT BETTER
:

I have now officially reached the 'I will try anything stage'. I have just eliminated dairy from our diets, thinking that is the next thing I can try. They say sometimes chronic ear things are related to an allergy. Although I never take antibiotics (I'm not sick much) I think they are okay when you need them but Cecilia has had ear problems off and on since JULY or something and medicine IS JUST NOT THE ANSWER. I'm so frusterated. I started highlighting Michael Schmitz's book 'Childhood Ear Infections' and I'm going to try a chiroquack.

Yes, Steph, the nursing signals are super cute! Cecilia assumes the position and starts pushing at my shirt. Or she just starts trying to mouth my left boob through my shirt. We only nurse on one side, goofy huh. I wear a fakey on the right side to even them out. Now you guys probably have a great mental picture of me! lol!

Jill, how are you getting so much done?!!!!

Cute shoes, Becca! I am loving little kid shoes. I'm also glad you are feeling better.

I think I'll get a humidifier this weekend. Bed, Bath and Barf, as we call it is in town.

Anna, we need a report! How did your night go?

Savannah, I thought you had a good perspective on your MIL. Still sucks, though. You were a trooper to put up with it all. What a hard situation to be in.

Using the issue of same sex marriage is a huge diversion tactic to take people's minds away from what's really important, I believe. Instead of worrying about same sex marriages we should be worrying about if there will be people around to get married, or if we will just need to immediately ship them off to fight. Whoa, sorry to get heavy there.

Okay, Greg has once again taken Cecilia with him to do visiting this evening and completely forgotten about BEDTIME. Off to track them down. meg

#246 ·
Steph, Lucas is so cute!!!!! I love the pumpkin patch pictures. Fall is my favorite season.

Becca, Get well!!!! 4 lbs! That's alot....or is that a good thing? Yeah it sucks that thr right wing is more apt to vote. I did try to spread the word though. I called all my friends and told people I knew that would vote no.

Alia~ That's cool about the measles. Natural immunization right there.

Megan, Desi had to take antibiotics once...on her bday she went to the ER for a UTI. She hated it.

I got to tandem nurse today!!!! I watched a friend's baby and they nursed together, holding hands. They're both sleeping right now...Nevermind one woke upl

#247 ·
Alia I have read that antibiotics make very little difference in how quickly ear infections go away, and if it's viral, they will make absolutely no difference whatsoever since antibiotics only work against bacteria. I would work to make sure it goes away, though, as one of the main lasting reminders of measles can be hearing loss. Keep up that garlic oil for sure!

Megan Tristan only had one dose of antibiotics when the GP in our clinic mis-diagnosed him with strep when he actually had hand, foot and mouth disease (a virus). We gave him a dose at the dr's office before I went home with a scrip which I of course immediately filled. So we have a large bottle of Omnicef sitting in our cabinet now
: the worst part about the whole thing is that the doctor never apologized for getting it wrong, even after we ended up going to the ER at Children's twice, worried about dehydration. Oh, and I can speak personally about the adjustments that chiropractors do to facilitate ear drainage, because my chiro did it on me when I had way stuffed-up sinuses - it worked. It may really be worth your time to look into it, even if you think chiropractors are quacks (which they're not *nudge*
)

OK, since I fell asleep with T nursing him to sleep, I think I had better go myself. Night night... j

#248 ·
i just wanted to mention that something I take to strengthen my immunity when I'm feeling a cold coming on is Olive Leaf Extract. I dont' know if its safe for children though so you'll have to check on that.

Measles how uncommon, but great that he can build up the immunity. I'm glad he's okay.

Has anyone else here been still nursing while pregnant? Lately my boobs hurt sooo bad when my dd nurses. And the pain doesn't go away. I don't know if its because they're swelling or what, but it hurts!! My colostrum is in too, and my milk has decreased again, I don't know what to do about it, i guess just wait it out.

i'm tired....must sleeeeeeeep.

#249 ·
That's so wild about the measles!

No antibiotics yet here...the only illness she's had other than a cold is the flu last winter, but she was over it way before I was...knock on wood....

Anna, I'm dying to know what happened with the ex!

Savannah, I'm so sorry about your in-laws. What crazy cooks. I don't know if I've told you this, but we haven't spoken to my ILs since Kate's bday in Sept. because of how they acted. FIL refused to come b/c he apparently hates me unbeknownst to me until that day! DH talks to his mom on the phone every once in a while and they just fight....but no contact with his dad....and there are no plans for them to see their first and only gc any time soon. Sad, but also really pisses me off.
:

Love the shoes Becca. Kate is just starting to walk. She takes a few steps and then plop.

#250 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by leomom
Anna, I'm dying to know what happened with the ex!

Thank you guys for thinking of me. It was super hard and scary... I nearly threw up from nerves, but it turned out really well. A mutual friend of ours was the one who suggested / dared me to show up, so he was there to support me, and a good friend of mine went with me, so i had back up.

My ex is a musician, and was playing at this bar... so when I got there he was in the middle of a performance, but it turned out it was just him playing acoustically, not the whole band. I couldn't believe how much the same he seemed! I knew about half the songs he was singing by heart! Our mutual friend goaded me into drinking tequila shots right away and insisted I should get my ex a shot and bring it to him.... onstage. I bought the shots but waited untill a set break and approached him in a less public moment. He was super nice and friendly, we talked for almost 15 minutes, catching up with each other and talking about people we knew in common. He told me all about band stuff and invited me to come to another gig this Saturday. I asked him for a hug as he got ready to go back on stage and he gave me a really nice hug.

I ended up staying there until Jerome joined me around midnight, and eventually we headed back to my mom's house to pick up Mielle. This was the first time I've ever been drunk around my daughter... very strange. Jerome went in first and had little talk with her, warning her that mama was drunk and that she needed to have patience with me. I swear, she understood! She barely paid me any attention at my mom's house, she just wanted Papa! He cooked me a grilled sandwich and I drank a bunch of water. She slept like a rock that night, only waking twice during the rest of the night!!! I had to get up with her in the morning, while nursing a hangover, but all in all I got off light.

So, the weird thing about all this is that I don't feel any closure, in fact it feels like something has been re-opened. I've been having flashbacks of our life together, with textures smells and sounds. Things like the fabric on our sofa, the smell of cleaning products, the park near our apartment, old friends, songs he sang, his smile and laugh.... Lots of good memories which I haven't given myself "permission" to think about in a long, long time. I feel like I'm mourning the loss of... something that I haven't let myself mourn. And wondering where I go from here... he seemed open to at least a superficial friendship which is a big improvement from the outright hostility of the past. However, I am hesitant to be to friendly too fast and ruin the progress I've made.

Besides, I have my own life that doesn't include him. It's not like I want him back or anything, I just would really like to have his friendship back, he was the best friend I'd ever had... untill Jerome.

The coolest thing about all this is how much Jerome has supported me and connected with me during this situation. He believes in me and in our marriage so deeply that it seems like this has brought us even closer together. He held me while I cried this morning and told me that he is "proud of my courage and honored to be my friend"... awww.. so sweet.

so, there's the update. In the time since I have been horribly premenstraul and Mielle seems to be teething or something, she's been whiney and clingey and is driving me nuts! I brought her into town to my mom's house so I wouldn't strangle her! LOL Even my mom is commenting on how grouchy she's being. So, I should get off the computer and go interact with the rest of the family.

Later.

#251 ·
Sitara - One of my girlfriends nursed throughout her pg with #2 - her DS reduced nursings but didn't cut them out - but he was older than our kids are - he was 23 months when the second was born. But ultimately, if the eldest is eatng well, I think they get what they need between the food and BM - hope this is helpful.

Cute pumpkin pix Steph!. He looks like a grown up boy!

Antibiotics - Robin went on them at 11 months for a severe ear infection - she went on a nursing strike and was in clear pain, and it was baterial b/c it all started with a bacterial eye infection I had. THen on the day of her last dose, she got bitten, so that was 10 more days on amoxicillan. SO, it was one really long stretch. What I've read is that if the child has chronic ear infections, they aren't likely helped by antibiotics - but they worked in RObin's case. And I have another girlfriend whose DS had chronic ear infections, and they went away immediately when she started taking him to the chiro. I don't get it either, but it worked for her like a charm. SHe stopped taking him after a while, they came back.

My Tale of woe today:
We inherited a really nice fridge a few years ago from DH's g'ma and installed it in our house in atlanta. So, when we moved here, but were trying to sell our house there, we put a ratty hand-me-down fridge that made alien sounds in this house (and helped my parents move ther huge nce one to their new house). A few months ago, we got given a slightly nicer fridge, so we moved the ratty one into the laundry room and the nicer one in the kitchen. Well, we sold the house in atlanta a few weeks ago, so we had to move out the nice fridge, move the old one back in, and put th enice fridge in the garage here. TOday, our mission was the great fridge flip-flop: nice one from garage to kitchen, back-up from kitchen to laundry, scary one from laundry to garage, to be passed on. Each one had to be cleaned. Each one is a different size. NONE have EVER fit through the door/hall/door series leading to the kitchen easily. All told, we have made I think 11 fridge moves in this whole process, including the removal of 3 doors, 2 door knobs, a screen door, and 2 fridge handles, and had to haul a fridge up and down the back deck stairs (10 of them) twice. And load a fridge into and out of CLint's super high F-350 twicce. I am officially over it. THese are the fridges I'm sticking with until they DIE. And to anyone who ever custom builds a house: NO doors narrower than 36" between the outside and any appliance location!

(It didn't help matters that the ice maker faucet exploded, Clint turned off the water at the street to fix it and then we couldn't get it to come back on - had a plumber friend come and eventually called the water works guys - and RObin missed her bath last night, so I kept her up so she could finally get one at 9 when the water got turned back on)

Happy sundays everybody!

Oh - I have to order more Bummis SWWs - what's your fave diaper source? I alway use nopins4baby.com, but I'm looking for other options too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.