Sept 2004 Mamas - Welcome to Toddlerhood! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 271 Old 10-08-2005, 02:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Bear
Heather - I got married to my dh when I was 18 also.
My ds was born when I was 23. I guess I am one of the younger one's around here?!?!
No kidding! I see you were married in 7/99, too! What date? When's your birthday? That's too funny to have the same anniversary month, being married at the same age, and end up with babies in the same month.

My grandma's surgery was today - did end up being "open" i.e., through the sternum. But from what I'm hearing, everything's gone very well. Nothing unexpected, and my mom said she looked better right afterwards than a much younger friend who had a bypass surgery, who also did very very well through it. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!

Running ragged trying to prep for who-knows-how-many people tomorrow. I'll be seriously dissapointed if it's not at least 10, hoping for 20 (not too likely), and would be floored if I get the 30 I'm prepared for. Off to mount some stamps...

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#62 of 271 Old 10-08-2005, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AugustineM - Congratulations! Come and join us on the June 2006 mamas due date club. Isn't that funny that our first babes have close b-days (Alex is 9/19) and our next due dates (I'm 6/1) are close too?
#63 of 271 Old 10-08-2005, 12:16 PM

Alia -- Forgot to say welcome! I'm sorry about your grandfather.

StacyL -- Yes, it looks like we're on the same timeline for our family! My dad's Bday is June 1. I redid a due date calculator, because I think I'm about 5 weeks, not 6, which would make the EDD 6/10/06. I am going to go over to the June due date club now... How are you feeling lately?

HeatherB -- I love stampin'. I would like to get into it more.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#64 of 271 Old 10-08-2005, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

HeatherB - July 9, 1999 is when we got married. My b-day is Dec 16, 1980. Good luck with your party!!!

AugustineM - Congrats!!!!

We had a subdivision-wide garage sale today and I am pooped! Got some brand new pciture frames for $1 each and some brand name baby clothes for the winter! Need to go rest...

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#65 of 271 Old 10-08-2005, 01:46 PM

Hi Sept 04 Mamas! Are you up for another new friend?! I would love to join your group for chats....

My baby, Cecilia turned one September 1st and this toddler thing is crazy! I joined the MDC community a little while ago when my sweet little baby became this amazing little *person*! All of a sudden I started wondering what everyone else's babies were doing. Of course, I can see what local kids are doing just by going to Target, but they are a little removed from the kind of parenting we're doing.

My name is Megan, I am 28, I live in Minnesota with my dh the kid, our dog Nigel and a couple of cats. We live in an old farmhouse with surrounding land we have planted in prairie grass and trees. I've worked with kids forever and love them, so I guess that I never thought about having my own; it was quite a shock when I figured out I was pregnant! When Cecilia was born I tried doing it all and realized that doesn't really work, so now I've slowed down my life to do the 'kid thing', which is so super fun!

I can't believe how much all of your kids talk! Cecilia confines herself to 'mama' and her own version of 'dog'. Might be because she has a pretty intense relationship with her 'rubber friends' (pacifiers) which she LOVES even though I've always nursed on demand and been available for her. Oh well....

And what cool names all the kids have! Names are so much fun....

I'm also super excited that some of you are thinking about baby number 2 or 3 or pregnant again! It feels good to know that I'm not the only one already longing to get those new baby clothes out again- lol!

okay, better go, hope everyone has some sunshine this weekend. I feel the big push to GET OUTSIDE before winter weather!!

Meg

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.
#66 of 271 Old 10-08-2005, 05:59 PM

Augustine - CONGrATS!!!! :LOL I'm so happy for you! I hope I can join you soon!

Meg- Welcome!! My RObin was born on the first also. But she was 2 weeks late, and I think those 2 extra weeks cooking made a big difference :LOL .

It's cool today for the first time all season. I actually have to wear jeans with my tanktop and flip flops! I can't wait until I can break out a t-shirt. Clint has once again taken Robin to his grandfather's house without me. I think he's secretly trying to wean Robin by keeping us apart. SHe only wants to nurse now to go to sleep, but if I'm not there she'll fall asleep via other methods. Hmmm....Or maybe he just like sit that I clean when I'm home alone :LOL

Leomom - let us know when you post FF"s keepsake - I'd love to see some examples on you rsite!
#67 of 271 Old 10-08-2005, 06:15 PM

Hi everyone. Man, I was gone for no more than a day and a half and so many posts!!

Cynthia, I will let you know a date as soon as I can find my calendar. :LOL We've have MICE in our garage, and it's turned my life upside down. There were droppings all over Kate's stroller...ugh.... : so, being the compulsive cleaner I am, I've been scrubbing everything and the whole house is turned upside down.

Harmony, I am soooo happy you like the frame. The words you posted just really touched me and I wanted you to have a way to preserve them forever.

I do lots of gift/keepsake type things for people. Haven't loaded any onto my site yet, but hopefully will get them up by mid-week. I made the cutest Halloween frames last night.

Here are pictures of Hamrony's gift. The words are pasted below, since you can't read them in the pic. I simply took what she posted a while ago and rewrote it in first person. I was really happy with how it turned out, but really the sentiment is what made it so special.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1

I've been giving you lots of kisses and snuggles today, smelling your hair and skin to try to smell that newborn smell again.

It went by way too fast and I really did appreciate every moment.

Even when you woke up in the middle of the night those first few weeks and couldn't be nursed back to sleep, I would go in the living room, turn on the light, rock you, and just stare into your beautiful face.

And instead of resenting the fact that I was up at 2am, 3am, 4am..., I appreciated the fact that I got to spend more awake time with you. That I got to spend more time gazing into your beautiful face, trying to memorize everything about you because I knew that you wouldn't be a newborn for long.

Ahh, and I'm so glad I did....
#68 of 271 Old 10-08-2005, 07:51 PM

Wow, Becca, that's funny, Cecilia was exactly two weeks over as well! That means that we had the same due date AND the same birthday! I remember my midwife giving me my due date and telling her that I didn't think the baby would be born until September. Turns out it was a good thing she waited; my midwife was out of town the whole month of August.

Harmony's gift is really sweet and I love the sentiment. That little baby time really is so wonderful.

Mice are yuck! I was just in my garage today where I store everything making sure I have it all wrapped up. I am always freaked out about the possibility of rodents making a home in my stuff.

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.
#69 of 271 Old 10-08-2005, 08:01 PM

Heather, meant to say good luck with your party. Hope things go well for you!
#70 of 271 Old 10-08-2005, 10:25 PM

Congrats to you newly preggo mamas, and good luck.

Meg I'm in MN too!!! and Cecilia was one of my girl names, but my partner nixed it : good thing we had a boy, since we couldn't agree on any girl names... where are you at? Tristan was born 2 weeks and 2 days after his EDD - he was due sept 2 and was born the 18th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca
It's cool today for the first time all season. I actually have to wear jeans with my tanktop and flip flops! I can't wait until I can break out a t-shirt.
Oh, my. It's been in the 30s overnight here the past two nights. We've busted out our sweaters and wool socks and have been baking things looking for excuses to run the oven to warm it up as we are NOT turning on our furnace before the ducts get cleaned next week. Pumpkin bread, baked apples, etc. I've been working on getting a couple of sleep sacks from Germany, this unique kind that have a cotton outside and a wool fleece inside, as our house has been very cool at night. The things are EXPENSIVE but I've been tracking some used...

Tristan is walking all over and saying more things now - he says "hatchi!" when people sneeze (German for "ahchoo!"), "auf" for being picked up ("auf den Arm" = to be carried in arms), and what he's learned this week from Lucy - "uh oh" when he drops something... very fun.

Our visit from Sarah and Lucy has been very, very nice and I'm sad they're going home tomorrow. I feel like there are a ton more things we can do and that we haven't taken much time to just relax or go play at a park. We went to the Hanna outlet, and yesterday IKEA, and today the thrift store. Busy, busy, busy.

I found a set of Hanna striped long johns at the thrift store today for $3! They were in the Halloween section (?!!)...

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#71 of 271 Old 10-08-2005, 10:26 PM

(please indulge me - I have to gush a minute)
Robin just did the hand signals for Itsy Bitsy SPider! It's so cute! I used to do them with her (holding her hands), but really haven't done them much lately. But they do it at school, and her teacher's note last week said that she "Sang" Itsy Bitsy SPider but I assumed they just played it for her little class. Last night in the car she was fussing pretty bad so I started singing my playlist, and she was waving her hands about when I sang it like she was trying to dance. But tonight DH was watching Cartoon Network and a KidSOngs CD commercial came on. When htey sang a snip of IBS, RObin totally started doing the hand signals. DH and I muted the TV and sang it to her, and she totally does the spder climbing, and the sunshine, and the spder climbing again. She can't line up her fingers for the spider, but she turns her hands the right way. So cute

alright, gotta go work on the quilt square from hades. Leomom- I checked out your site again and saw the samples - they are great! and Harmony's page is so sweet. I'm going to have to add some pages to my list of things I want to do once we finish closing on this house...

hope everybody's having a great weekend!
#72 of 271 Old 10-08-2005, 10:30 PM

Jen - maybe you should change your location..sounds chilly for iced beverages :LOL . Lemme know when you get my package - it was heavy so I shipped it like 4th class .
#73 of 271 Old 10-09-2005, 12:15 AM

Isn't that funny? Two weeks over my due date seemed so long at the time, but really is so common. Do any/many of you have kids born on or very close to the due date?

I admire you scrapbookers- it's something I'd love to get into. It looks so fun! But even more than that I want to sew a little more often. I have a super cool old sewing machine and lots of ideas, but I need to just start doing it more often!

Jen-- I am outside of St. Cloud near St. John's University. I noticed that you were Minnesota too!

Ohhhh, I love good kids clothes finds! I am always looking for used nicer brand name stuff, like we all are! I have ordered sale Hanna's from the internet but I would LOVE to get to the outlet. However, dd does not think all that car time is that much fun.

Yes, MN is cold right now! Although, by February 30 degrees will seem warm! I also have been stubbornly refusing to turn on the heat. We mainly heat with wood and use gas only for back up and I don't like to have to pay that gas bill! That charming old farm house? Also a bit drafty. I've been putting Cis to bed in a onesie, flannel footed pjs and then she sleeps with us.

That is so cool that Robin's doing the hand signs. It is so amazing how much they are learning right now.

#74 of 271 Old 10-09-2005, 12:20 AM

I know all about what it's like looking young for your age. I'm 21, most people think I'm 15-17. Even with a toddler on my hip! I get very interesting looks. :LOL

The weather here has gotten very cold all of a sudden. (Pocatello, Idaho) It's getting down in the 30s overnight. Am I the only one whose baby was born early? Rowan sent me into labor 20 days before my EDD! I was due the 27th, started labor on the 7th and he was born very early on the 8th. Making him
13 months today.

I can't believe how many of you mamas are pg, how exciting! Where is everyone in that area? Are any of you done having kids, pregnant, trying, waiting to try, letting nature takes it's course etc...? DH and I will be trying for #2 in February. I'm excited.

Augustine - Congratulations!!! All you pregnant mamas are making me more and more impatient to start TTC agan. Must keep telling myself to wait! Afterall, February will be here before I know it.

Meg - Welcome! I've been a member of MDC for awhile but just recently found this group. So far it's great. I'm really enjoying it.

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)
#75 of 271 Old 10-09-2005, 01:58 AM

Meg -- Welcome!! My DS was born exactly on his due date -- the very first one they gave me when I was 6 wks pg. I was so surprised ... I thought for sure he was going to be early. I'm curious to see what they'll say the due date for this new babe will be, since I haven't had a prenatal visit yet. The online calculators say June 10.

Alia -- DH and I weren't really trying to get pg again... actually we wanted to wait until February too! I thought we were being quite careful, but apparently my cycle was off and I ovulated way late last month... ooopsie But the good thing is that school is out in mid-June, so I should be able to finish most of the school year. And my mom is also a teacher, so she will be finishing as well, and then have 3 months to help me out!

Of course, this is all assuming this baby is sticky... I hope he/she is!

Leomom & Harmony -- The words touched me. I sighed and remembered all the nights that I sat/sit up rocking Thor, nursing him in the moonlight that comes through our bedroom windows. There is really nothing sweeter...

#76 of 271 Old 10-09-2005, 11:35 AM

Welcome Meg!

I feel like an old woman with you all! I'll be 36 in December, and Mari is our first! We TTC and had fertility issues for so long. We married when I was 24 after dating/living together for 2 years. Then we had to be at a point where we could afford adoption. Mari is more than we could have hoped for so it makes all those years of waiting fade away! We're not sure if we'll adopt another, but perhaps when she is a toddler or preschool age we will adopt a toddler. I used to think I would miss the newborn stage, but with Mari coming home at nearly 8 months I realize now that it was a wonderful time for her to come home.

I love hearing about all their accomplishments. It's so interesting how they all focus on different things!

We went apple picking yesterday, and we were going to the pumpkin patch today but it's very wet so I don't think we're going to do it.

Hope everyone has a good remainder of the weekend!

Holli
#77 of 271 Old 10-09-2005, 12:45 PM

Augustine..congrats! I'm curious, have you noticed a drop in your milk supply? How does that work, does it go down and then back up again?

Jen, I'm looking for someone to make me a simple quilt...basically sewing together squares of Kate's baby clothes. Could you do something like that? Maybe we could work out a trade? I wish I could sew!!!

Kate took her first dtep 2 days ago. Yesterday she took another. It's so exciting seeing how thrilled she is with her accomplishments!
#78 of 271 Old 10-09-2005, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomom
Jen, I'm looking for someone to make me a simple quilt...basically sewing together squares of Kate's baby clothes. Could you do something like that? Maybe we could work out a trade? I wish I could sew!!!
I think Becca's the mad quilter. I can knit like no one's business, but sewing is not my forte, especially machine sewing (as Savannah can attest to with the dolls I made her!!!). So I'd love to but you wouldn't want me to

Holli - you're not old. I'm 31. Not 36, but still in those 30s.

Happy Sundays, j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#79 of 271 Old 10-09-2005, 02:43 PM

Stacey~ The keepsake is beautiful! I seriously need to start my scrapbooking. I have so many ideas in my head.
Yikes about the mice.
WTG Kate on taking steps!

That's so cool about Robin doin the Itsy Bitsy hands! Desi goes to a music class and she has started imitating. And sometimes she will sing spontanteously. Its so cute. She has always responded well to music. Its our therapy.

Welcome to the group Meg!

Desi was born 12 days early according to my first EDD, 15 according to the sonogram.

I keep on going back and forth about when I want to TTC. I want them to be at least 2 years apart, but then with everyone getting all these BFPs its making me have baby fever. Its frustrating sometimes because I still don't have a period yet. But Desi still nurses quite frequently esp at night. I keep on thinking that I'm going to start. I get the cramps, the moodswings, but no menses yet.
#80 of 271 Old 10-09-2005, 07:20 PM

Hey!! It's so fun having other moms like me to talk to!!! I do have a few local mama's who are similar, but ya know, it just gets hard to get out and have a good ole time with the babe in tow. Live it up, is what I tell my little sister. All those hours of uninterupted shopping, sleeping, etc.- enjoy it. Because it all changes with kids, in the most wonderful way, of course.

If it means anything, while I am 28, I have ALWAYS felt about 35, my best friend and my husband are both 43. It's just now, for the first time in my life that I am making friends who are my age and younger. I love the young mamas, I just think they are so cool. I think I might have been a basket case!!! Although a lot of my girlfriends had kids right away and I loved hanging with them and their kiddos.

About the next baby..... well, I've wanted #2 since Cecilia was about 3 months! However, I'm actually pretty happy to have had a little time. I have everything done for my masters degree except that pesky little thing called a thesis and I promised myself that I would finish it before I could get pregnant again. So, if I get going, I was thinking I could start trying around..... drumroll, February!! How funny! Of course, trying for us, is, not trying at all. Cecilia was a complete surprise. My sister in law had to tell me that maybe the reason I couldn't get off the couch and had 'a touch of the flu' for three months might mean I was pregnant!

Okay, off for the Sunday night routine. Supper, Simpsons and then Desperate Housewives. meg

#81 of 271 Old 10-09-2005, 11:14 PM

I am part of the 30s club as well. I turned 30 this past June. There are days where I feel like I am 21 and there are days when I feel like I am 40.

David just got over a 24 hour stomach flu. Poor guy threw up on me 3 times at Wal-Mart Friday night. Of course later that evening was a bit scarier when he hit 102.6 at 2:30am. Thankfully he is back to his happy self.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#82 of 271 Old 10-09-2005, 11:46 PM

Poor David!

I am 30 also...will be 31 in December. I feel like I'm..well, 30,....not really young, but not really old. :LOL
#83 of 271 Old 10-10-2005, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomom
Augustine..congrats! I'm curious, have you noticed a drop in your milk supply? How does that work, does it go down and then back up again?
I'm curious about this myself. I find it so hard to know what my supply is doing. I hear Thor gulping when he nurses, but only right at first, and only if it's been at least 3 hours in between. So I know he's getting some. But the past 3 nights have been crazy. He wants to nurse, or be latched on, ALL. NIGHT. LONG. Thursday night I just couldn't take it anymore, so my husband and I layed in bed with him and tried to soothe him. He cried off and on from 1-4:30. He was supposed to go to daycare that day but there was no way I could take him, so DH stayed home with him. Then Thor stared getting sick yesterday, just a runny nose (yellow, yucky), and really has been stepping up the nursing a lot. So, I don't know if it's the pregnancy or the sicky that's getting him.

I was reading that often moms have a drop in supply at the end of the first trimester, then again at the beginning of the third. Some quit making milk altogether, some babies wean, but some just keep on nursin'. Which I bet is what Thor will do, since if he can't nurse he completely falls apart.

I'll be 30 in April. It seems strange to say. My 20's just went by so quickly. Met DH when I was 22... it doesn't seem that long ago!

Veganbaby -- The symptoms you have sound like what happened to me the month before I started AF.

YBecca -- That's so cool about robin doing the motions for Itsy Bitsy!! She's so smart.

#84 of 271 Old 10-10-2005, 12:02 AM

Leomom - I'd be happy to help quilt Kate's clothes - and a trade could definitely be arranged It might take a while though - I'm determined to finish the quilt I'm working on now, and I'm taking 2 classes to learn new quilts in early dec. But I one of the patterns is a great scrap quilt. Congrats to kate on those first steps.

So glad David feels better!

Meg - I go back and forth between feeling older and younger than my age (28). Being a teacher definitely highlights how much I've grown up inthe past 10 years, but it also keeps me in touch with young folks. I really miss having my own classes, actually - it's great energy for me to be around teenagers, even though they make me feel old too. :LOL
#85 of 271 Old 10-10-2005, 12:23 AM

Welcome, Meg! The more the merrier, I say! I found this group about 6 mos ago and I've been addicted ever since.

AugustineM -- Congratulations! I hope the baby sticks!

Leomom, congrats on Kate's steps, that's so fun!

YBecca -- I swear Robin is going to win a nobel prize someday, she's so clever

It is getting chilly around here, too. Forget t-shirts, I broke out all my winter clothes last week and stowed my summer ones. I've been in long sleeved shirts and layers for two or three weeks now. Sigh. I do love fall and winter, though, so I'm not really complaining.

Andrew's newest trick is to spin in circles and try to get dizzy. He sort of pivots on one foot and goes around and around. It's very cute. He is also facinated by our thermostat. We have to stop and touch it every time we walk down the hallway. And we have to open the hall closet and look at the vaccuum. Can we say future electrician or engineer, anyone? He is definitely over whatever was wrong and back to his happy self, which is nice. I think he is glad to be back on a schedule and have a mom with two arms again.

We are not TTC right now, but letting nature take its course. I think I'm going to finally get a period soon becuase I've been feeling really tired and crampy all week. Of course, "letting nature take its course" doesn't really happen, because I can always tell exactly when I am ovulating, so I can cheat. I was at my friend's baby shower yesterday and it was giving me baby fever.

I am almost 30, and I'm pretty happy about it. When I was 15 my sister was 30, and she had a big positive influence on me in my late teens She was a super vibrant beautiful SAHM and then homeschooling missionary in her 30's, so I am inspired to be fantastic. And I feel so much more at home in my own skin now. I too am young looking, though. Two years ago when I was substitute teaching, there was this one secretary at this one school that would always think I was a student. She would ignore me forever until I said "Hi, I'm a teacher and I'm here subbing for . . . " And then she'd be all surprised. Now that I'm a minister's wife DH is forever telling me to dress my age so that people think I'm older. I'm not sure what it means to dress my age, but I try.

Well, I'm off to ignore my messy house and take a bath. Have a good night, all.

Jill

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#86 of 271 Old 10-10-2005, 12:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Bear
HeatherB - July 9, 1999 is when we got married. My b-day is Dec 16, 1980. Good luck with your party!!!
That is wild! You're two weeks ahead of me. :LOL We were married on July 24, 1999, and my birthday is December 30, 1980! If your DS was born two weeks ahead of mine, I'm gonna fall over. :LOL

AugustineM, congrats!! I still can't believe we've got mamas with more babies on the way!! I'm hoping to have another in 2 years or so - but of course that'll our 3rd.

veganbaby - Definitely sounds like AF might be on the way. I hated the "false starts" after Gabriel. I've had times when I was sure it was coming for me, but so far nothing. Of course I've also had strange muscle twitches - you know, the ones that those first "kicks" feel like! But I'm really 100% sure I'm NOT pg! It helps that I had those twitches in between boys, too.

Iain just got his 5th tooth! I don't know when it popped through, but in the last couple of days. Still working on that first molar, though. Eek.

Thanks for all the well-wishes for the Open House! It was very small, but a success. The ladies who came had a lot of fun, and I confess, they liked my house! We had to unpack a TON to get ready for this, so our house was, for the first time, just how we wanted it (at least in the public areas! :LOL). It was nice to have others in the house, see that it really DOES work for events, and have them appreciate it. They liked the project, the products, and overall had a lovely time. I also got a new recruit!! With ZERO effort! I was stunned, but thrilled! This mama actually has a September baby, too - he's 5 days younger than Iain. They got to play for awhile while we filled out paperwork and I helped her pick out her starter kit. She's as excited about it as I was when I first was introduced, so I know she's going to have fun! She also owns an online retail store with FB, HHs, Shoo Shoos, mini showers (just got one!), etc. So it was a good day!

Though, by the end of the day both boys were fried.... and Iain ended up settling down and going to play with Gabriel, still clutching a pen he'd picked up from my desk. It was a while later when I discovered that they had drawn all over my brand new pillow covers (discontinued), brand new couch (finally delivered 2 days before), and chair cushion (white). : I've never been so furious with them in my life!! I sent G to bed straight away, deciding that was better than spanking the tar out of him when I was livid. Iain was sobbing, Gabriel was sobbing, and it was all I could do not to cry, scream, or hit something.

The internet is helpful, though, and I found some ideas for using alcohol to get it out. Still working on it, but I think we'll be able to salvage everything. I'm wondering if I needed a lesson in what's more important - my stuff or my kids!! I confess, my brand new, finally "just right" stuff seemed awfully important!! But obviously my kids are a lot more valuable than furniture, which in 20 years just won't be all that great anymore, anyway. Gotta say an AP-perspective is a good thing in stressful situations! I kept thinking, "Never spank when you're angry... never spank when you're angry." I do believe in spanking under some circumstances, but I think G learned his lesson without it!

So, anyhow, it was quite shock to have my kids to something "naughty" (they're really such good kids!!) So Mommy will be more attentive and hopefully Kids will be back to their wonderful selves! :LOL

Eek, gotta get some stuff done for MOPS... anyone else involved in a MOPS group?

Take care, mamas!!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#87 of 271 Old 10-10-2005, 02:32 AM

We aren't ttc, we really like having larger age differences between children. Chloë was 3.5 y.o. when I got pregnant with LaRue. I think if I were to do it again, I would have even waited until Chloë was 4.5 y.o. instead. I really like being able to just concentrate on one baby at a time, then when s/he is old enough to be more self-sufficient than it's time to have another. Though we aren't sure that we are going to have anymore children.

LaRue is going through a really big signing phase, she picks up signs instantly and she knows a lot of signs already. Bird, dog, cat, baby, eat, more, shoes, water, I'm forgetting some. After reading about Robin and Itsy Bitsy Spider I sang that to LaRue today. We love singing songs like that, but I'm always forgetting to sing that one. She picked up how to do the finger motions right away and for the rest of the day she would try to get me to sing it again by doing the spider climbing. It's great, she really loves to sign and when she learns new words she looks expecting for the corresponding sign. It's a good thing that we are sort of proficient in sign. Well, my dh knows lots of signs because his parents are deaf, which also makes it that much more important for our girls to know how to sign.

It's still really hot around here, today it was in the 90s. We had LaRue's birthday party today and it was held outside and it was so hot. We were planning on having her birthday party last week, but then there were a few local fires in the mountains surrounding my area and it was raining ash the day before her party. The air quality was just so poor that we decided to postpone it.

Ok, now I must get back to my work, I'm so friggin' exhausted though. The party took a lot out of me, so I've been putting off my work. I have to finish sewing up a baby sleeper for a customer.
#88 of 271 Old 10-10-2005, 05:56 AM

I'm definately in that category where I feel much older than I really am. I turned 21 in July but most of my mom friends are in their late 20s. I relate to them better than my friends my own age because obviously, most friends my age aren't parents yet. The people I find I relate to the most are my 2 sister in laws. One is 26 with a 3.5 year old and a 3 month old. The other is 28 with a 3 year old and pg with #2 who is due in early May.

It's kind of a strange situation because I actually live somewhere where being a mother in your early 20s is the norm. I live in south eastern Idaho where the majority of the population is Mormon (I am not) and it's quite common for them to marry and have children young. But with them, as you can guess, I'm still an outcast because I am not mormon. All the friends I grew up with I can't really relate to either because in Seattle (where I grew up) it's much more typical to start having children in your 30s.

It's funny because now that I think of it (I come from a family of 5 kids) my mother had her first (me) at 21 and her last (my youngest brother) at 40 so she knows what it's like to be a young mama and a more "mature" mama.

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)
#89 of 271 Old 10-10-2005, 08:18 AM

Just a quick note -- I've been up since 2:30 a.m. to take our dogs for a walk, do dishes, water plants ... and am now relaxing a little before heading to bed for another hour of sleep. I have been taking Lucy to bed about 9:30 & then I fall asleep too, try as I might to stay awake, creep away and do adult chores after she goes to sleep. So middle of the night, after DP wakes me when he comes to bed, is my only time to get much done. Weird schedule, but it seems to be working OK.

Anna, your tales of Mielle's conversations are mind-boggling. I don't think I've ever heard of a kid her age using sentences like that. What a smartie!!

And I just have to say that I think I must be the oldest of this group; I'm 39, had Lucy when I was 38. She's our first and probably our only child. I have regrets about that -- if my life had been different in my early 30s I would love to have had a second child. Always planned to. But I was working really hard on things that seemed to be important, and wanted to know what I could accomplish in the world if I was really single-minded; and then DP and I had numerous challenges it seemed we should try to overcome before having kids, none of which actually were overcome when we had Lucy, so that reason for delay I do regret. I wish she would have a sibling. If our fortunes change a lot quickly, maybe we will be in a position to foster or adopt another, older, child a little while down the line.

I worry that I will be an old mom who finds it harder to ski, bike, hike etc. with Lucy as she gets older, but I guess I just have to work hard to stay fit & healthy.

Anyway, all of you who just turned 30 and feel old ... you ain't!!

Off for my hour of sleep ...

Lisa

Loving Lucy Amelia
"light makes it better"
#90 of 271 Old 10-10-2005, 10:00 AM

Beccam that sounds great. Just pm me whenever you finish your current quilt. I'm in no hurry.

Heather, I keep having those muscle twitches or stirrings and reminding myself that I just couldn't be pregnant- I think! :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page