HELP! 14 mo Won't NAP!!!! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 10-03-2005, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know what to do anymore. My 14mo moved to 1 nap a day and was doing good...now she is fighting that one nap and refuses to sleep! She is *obviously* tired...but she will play in her room (or cry). Laying with her dosn't work as she gets mean when she is tired and will pull my hair and pinch... I don't know if I can take this much longer. Any suggestions??!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-03-2005, 02:22 PM

Have you tried carrying her on your back? mamatoto.org has great video demonstrations. On days when ds won't nap, but is obviously tired, I strap him on my back and start sweeping the floors, (I have to be moving while he's up there.) He's usually out in about 5 minutes.

Have you tried going for a drive in the car? A walk in the stroller? Earlier naps? Later naps? Often ds doesn't act tired at all, just starts acting very hyper. At this point he's overtired and getting him to sleep is very difficult. I'm not for schedualing, but ds usually naps around the same time every day, and if we're busy doing something, he'll often get tired and hyper. So I try to get him asleep before this point.

Could she be teething? Ds often skips naps when he's teething. It sucks since he's up half the night with teething, so we're both already tired, but it passes.
Good luck! Hope you have some success.
#3 of 3 Old 10-03-2005, 10:39 PM

I second that. My 15 month old DS will fall asleep 99% of the time if I strap him on my back in the mei tai and then vacuum the house. I think it's a combination of being close to me, the movement, and the sound. I put off getting the mei tai for so long because of the cost (and eventually ended up making one) but I would say the mei tai is so worth the price, that I'd take out a second mortgage to get one. That's how much I love it!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page