~Nov/Dec 2003 Toddlers~ October Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 122 Old 10-03-2005, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Angelica is saying lots of new words this past week.
No potty yet though.
Oh well, maybe next month.

So, Is anyone planning 2yo b.day parties yet??
I have a date and time but no theme yet.
Tammi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 122 Old 10-03-2005, 10:55 PM

Jessica has a ba-ba go-go huh huh obsession - oops, sorry, that's Strawberry Shortcake obsession :LOL Don't ask me where she got THAT pronounciation, she's weird like her daddy :LOL Anyway, we'll probably either use that as the theme, or Winnie the Pooh since she's starting to really like Pooh bear.
#3 of 122 Old 10-03-2005, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

angelica is still loving rolie polie but that was last years theme. She also likes ToyStory but that's a little boyish and it was Jonathans theme this year.
I was thinking of this since she is one. :LOL
i don't know.......
#4 of 122 Old 10-03-2005, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickidaWitch
angelica is still loving rolie polie but that was last years theme. She also likes ToyStory but that's a little boyish and it was Jonathans theme this year.
I was thinking of this since she is one. :LOL
i don't know.......
:LOL That's Danielle - 100% Bratz!!!
#5 of 122 Old 10-03-2005, 11:23 PM

Happy fall! I love this time of year. I just wish it would actually act more like October than like June!

We have date for the 2nd b-day party but no theme, no invites, and no time. It'll be fairly small -- just family -- so I don't have to go all out. But I'm already getting flack from the ILs b/c the party is on a Saturday when Sundays are more convenient for them. Don't get me started. I'm thinking of a Pooh theme, although Henry would really prefer Piglet (he LOVES Piglet). Maybe Clifford or Dora, too, although he only knows Clifford from books and Dora from his favorite plate. He's never seen an episode of either. :LOL I'm toying with a small mid-week play group party, too.

In other news, he talks up a storm and has finally hit that stage where he'll repeat just about any word you say. His latest is "saxophone" which is really cute. Not too many true sentences, but lots of 2-4 word combos. He's also tantruming (terrible 2's anyone?) -- full fledged screaming, laying down on the floor kicking, trantrums. They'd be funny if they weren't so frustrating. He's sat on the potty a few times, but the roseola put a halt to that and now he won't do it. I'm not pushing him b/c I don't think he's quite ready yet. At least there's relatively few acrobatics involved with diapering these days.

Oh, and Tammi & Sherri? I did a google search of IPTK Village (b/c I didn't know what it was), and both of your screen names were the first to show up with the related MDC thread. :LOL
#6 of 122 Old 10-03-2005, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's_Mamma

Oh, and Tammi & Sherri? I did a google search of IPTK Village (b/c I didn't know what it was), and both of your screen names were the first to show up with the related MDC thread. :LOL
:LOL
Would you like to join ?
#7 of 122 Old 10-04-2005, 01:28 AM

2nd birthday, atgh. we're breaking our own rule and doing a combined chhristmas/birthday thing. figured with a young one and the fact that it's terrible already trying to schedule things in december, we'd cheat just this once when jasper is still too young to care. this will just be a family thing, so probably no real theme either. this is also a ploy to only have to attend 1 christmas celebration this year -- our own. it's such a pain every year trying to please both sides of the family and we end up killing ourselves to make celebrations with both (difficult b/c phil's family is about 4 hours away).

i just noticed today that jasper has bottom molars coming in. or, one side is mostly in and the other still breaking through. how i could have missed these till now i have no idea. but that might explain some of the poor sleep he's been having the past few weeks (maybe it's not related to the baby at all!).

millie turned into a not-so-little spitup volcano today, despite my trying to make sure she gets burped after every feeding (and often in the muddle of 'em). yuck. i so hope cleaning up my diet (which has been deplorable... catching up om junkfood i mostly avoided when pregnant) she'll not be so darn gassy and will be able to keep meals down better.

well i just looked down and realize i *really* need to pump a bit so i can make it through the night -- girlie just can't keep up with my supply yet and now i'm wishing i hadn't told jasper no when he asked to nurse this evening (i'm still sore from whatever he did to me this afternoon with all of his fidgeting. grr).

then bed! because i'm exhausted (no nap today and lots of errand-running) and millie is giving me little thug-baby looks from in the swing where i put her so i could pump. she's *not* impressed, it would appear!

::: lori
#8 of 122 Old 10-04-2005, 12:14 PM

fall is my FAVORITE time of year!!

Sage just came and got me and said, "potty mom!" and she made it to the potty without having any accidents before she peed! (we're diaper-free today! and that seems to help her awareness of when she needs to go.)

oh lord! I can't beleive its almost birthday time again!?! where the heck did the year go??!!

I'm not doing a huge party like last year. I was a b!tch to DH b/c I was so stressed out about it. so this year, it will just be the 3 of us, and maybe the neighbors and their 3 kids. It was so hard travelling 2 hours to have the party so the whole family could be there, and having a ton of ppl, (all family, but still)...we're keeping it simple.

What about Halloween?? what are your kids going to be? Sage is going to be a Jedi...http://www.padawansguide.com/robe.shtml...I'm making her costume and its turning out pretty nice. DH wants one too, lol. I'm not sure what I'm going to be yet. I'm going to go look at fabric today and figure something out for myself.

ttfn!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#9 of 122 Old 10-04-2005, 12:24 PM
bec

Emily is going to be a bear. I have a very cute bear costume that I'm recycling from Katie! :LOL Katie was really grouchy when she wore it, I'm hoping to have better luck with Emily.

Oh, and I saw and held Millie the other day. She's so precious! So, for all you wondering people, rest assured she is one very cute little spitup volcano!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#10 of 122 Old 10-04-2005, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980
What about Halloween?? what are your kids going to be?
angelica is going to be squirt from finding nemo. Jonathan picked it out.
I believe he is going to be woody again with bullseye the horse(toy story).
#11 of 122 Old 10-04-2005, 12:37 PM

Darnit Bec! aren't you the lucky one, getting to hold that new baby! :LOL I bet Emily will be a sweet little bear!

tammi, that's a cute costume!

Sage just peed all over the bathroom floor, lol. I was in here and I thought she was in the living room. she came out of the bathroom and said "potty mom! poops!" and I thought she had to poop, so we went in there and she said, "messy!" and pointed to the floor, lol. I guess she tried to get on the toilet w/out me and couldnt make it. there was pee on the seat too. so I'm going to get her a little potty that she can use by herself. I cant beleive she didnt tell me before she went to pee, lol.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#12 of 122 Old 10-04-2005, 12:46 PM

WHat cute Halloween costumes! I haven't decided what Evan should be. I better get on the stick! :LOL

He has been soooo good lately. Happy, playing, few tantrums, and he has even been good at my ILs. Since he started walking he has been a terror every time we go to the Ils. A friend of ours had her gbaby over there the other day and it was great to NOT be the parents of the fussy clingy child for once. :LOL

DH got me a new bed for my BD- well and for our anniversary and Christmas too. It is being delivered on Friday. A temperpedic KIND SIZED bed. So I might have some room with Evan the bed hog and the weiner dog and Michael in the bed.

My ultrasound is one week from today and I can't wait to see the babies. And find out what they are.

Lori- where are the pictures of this adorable babe of yours?

Bec- how are you feeling? Waiting impatiently for Nov?

Christy: How's the TTC going?

Amy: How is your MIL?

Tammi: I've never been invited to IPTK? I wanna be with the cool girls.....

Sherri- How are you feeling? is the morning sickness finally gone?
#13 of 122 Old 10-04-2005, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMama

My ultrasound is one week from today and I can't wait to see the babies. And find out what they are.

Tammi: I've never been invited to IPTK? I wanna be with the cool girls.....
make sure you share those pics and their sex!!!

the iptk club isnt for the cool kids Liz. :LOL It stands for Invisable posters & thead killers club.
We would love to have you even if you are "cool". There's a link in my sig.
#14 of 122 Old 10-04-2005, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's_Mamma

So are you trying to say we a lot? :LOL I only laugh because it's true :
#15 of 122 Old 10-04-2005, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Darnit Bec! aren't you the lucky one, getting to hold that new baby! :LOL I bet Emily will be a sweet little bear!

tammi, that's a cute costume!

Sage just peed all over the bathroom floor, lol. I was in here and I thought she was in the living room. she came out of the bathroom and said "potty mom! poops!" and I thought she had to poop, so we went in there and she said, "messy!" and pointed to the floor, lol. I guess she tried to get on the toilet w/out me and couldnt make it. there was pee on the seat too. so I'm going to get her a little potty that she can use by herself. I cant beleive she didnt tell me before she went to pee, lol.
That's awesome Christy!! She's starting to get it! That's what Jesi did at first, she just started going in there and would pee all over the place, but at least she knew where it was supposed to go! Could you get her a stool to put by the toilet and a little seat to fit on the toilet so she could climb up there on her own? That saves the transition to the big potty later. Jesi is funny to watch because she will lie across the toilet on her belly, pull her knees up on either side of the hole and raise up, then she squirms herself around until she's sitting. She hasn't fallen in, I guess she's got better balance than her mommy because I know I would have fallen in by now :LOL
#16 of 122 Old 10-04-2005, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMama

Sherri- How are you feeling? is the morning sickness finally gone?
My u/s is a week from tomorrow - but I don't want to find out what we are having this time. Dh will probably find out though, which is going to be tough on him because he can't tell anyone!!! I told him that he especially can't tell his father because FIL is the type of person that if he knows something he holds it over you and teases you and I know he would be constantly saying "haha, I know what you're having..." and eventually he'd tell me whether I wanted him to or not because he always has to make himself the center of attention. this time I'm not going to let him know anything and I'm not going to let him ruin it for me. For some reason I thought you had said you were having boys - now I wonder who it was who said they were having twin boys.....

I'm feeling so much better, m/s is finally gone, for the most part anyway. On mornings that my allergies are bothering me, blowing my nose makes me gag but usually if I get up and eat something right away, I'm ok. Can you believe we are halfway there already? Where has the time gone??
#17 of 122 Old 10-04-2005, 07:14 PM
bec

She was pretty sweet, I have to tell you!

And it made me insanely jealous that Lori isn't pregnant anymore and I am!

I'm feeling huge and pregnant and hot! It's like 90 degrees here. I want fall to come back! WAH!

So, does anyone have a problem keeping their house clean? For the life of me, I can't seem to do it. These girls so out number me!

Bec

#18 of 122 Old 10-04-2005, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec
She was pretty sweet, I have to tell you!

And it made me insanely jealous that Lori isn't pregnant anymore and I am!

I'm feeling huge and pregnant and hot! It's like 90 degrees here. I want fall to come back! WAH!

So, does anyone have a problem keeping their house clean? For the life of me, I can't seem to do it. These girls so out number me!

Bec
You mean the house is supposed to be clean? Not in this lifetime :LOL Dh and I will go through and get the place super clean on Saturday morning, but by that afternoon the girls have trashed it again so I've pretty much given up. I do have to clean it tonight though because I have a lady coming over tomorrow and I don't want to be totally embarrassed :LOL
#19 of 122 Old 10-04-2005, 10:27 PM

Clean house? What's that? You're making me feel bad b/c I only have one to chase after. Granted, I have a dh who is NEVER home any more. He's basically worked 6 days a week, with at least 3 late nights a week since July. I can't keep up with the house, working, and chasing the destructinator. I swear, the faster I straighten, the faster he unstraightens -- and then some. Of course, maybe if I spent less time on the computer ...

As for Halloween, if it still fits from last year, Henry's going to be a frog again. Lame, I know, but I have no time to sew a costume, and with dh working all the time, and Henry HATING to shop, I can't really go looking for anything. And I refuse to spend catalog prices. Heck, I may have a real estate closing on Halloween so who knows if we're even going Trick or Treating this year anyway ...
#20 of 122 Old 10-04-2005, 11:41 PM

Amy~ How's your mom doing? I keep forgetting to ask

did I tell you all that Jesi was eating dog food the other day It was so disgusting! I went outside (she was out there with her daddy) and she was doing the chipmunk cheeks thing. I asked her what she had in her mouth, she opened her mouth and a bunch of chewed up chunks came out - so gross! Maybe I should feed her more?
#21 of 122 Old 10-06-2005, 11:01 AM

potty update~~I got her a little potty the other day, and she loves it and has been using it perfectly! we've had a couple of accidents, but she's recognizing when she needs to go pee and even rips off her diaper (if she's got one on) to use the potty! when she is running around diaperless, she just runs in there and uses the potty. then she comes and gets me and tells me to look at her pee in the potty, lol, and clean it. she hasnt pooped in the potty yet. when she has to poop, she asks me to put a diaper on her. I dont know why she wont poop in there, she's done it on the big potty before. oh well, she's getting it, and that's what matters!

Sherri, sage ate some dog food, too....and BIL fished one of her turds out of her mouth once! :Puke she had taken her diaper off and decided to test the contents!

#22 of 122 Old 10-06-2005, 11:06 AM

TTC isnt going so great this month. lots of stresses are eating at us right now, and so neither of us has been in the mood, lol, if you look at my chart, you'll see the BD has only happened afew times.

If we could relax, and if we could buy a friggin house already....things would go much easier.

#23 of 122 Old 10-06-2005, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

it'll happen when it's meant to be Christy.
#24 of 122 Old 10-06-2005, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Sherri, sage ate some dog food, too....and BIL fished one of her turds out of her mouth once! :Puke she had taken her diaper off and decided to test the contents!
Um... EWWWWW!

Congrats on the potty though - she'll start pooping on it soon hopefully
#25 of 122 Old 10-06-2005, 06:36 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys
Um... EWWWWW!

Congrats on the potty though - she'll start pooping on it soon hopefully

Hopefully, rather than eating it! :LOL

Bec

#26 of 122 Old 10-06-2005, 11:38 PM

Ok ... yuck on the poop eating. That turned my stomach.

For those that asked about my mom ... she's living at HER house now. Her reversal surgery is scheduled for 11/17, and she'll probably be in the hospital 3-5 days, then she'll be home with us here for a few weeks. While it's nice to have my privacy again, I do miss all the little things -- like having someone to fold my laundry!

We had an awful day today. I noticed (in May : ) that Henry had some discoloration on his front upper teeth. Dh thought it was nothing, and I bought into for awhile, then my mom got sick, blah blah blah. I finally took him to a wonderful pediatric dentist today and he had his first cleaning and flouride treatment. Can we say awful!!! He screamed bloody murder. Anyway, he does have some decay and I feel like the world's worst mother. We caught it really early, though, so we can conservatively treat it with nightly flouride applied directly to his teeth. Tonight's application didn't go so well, but we'll figure it out. She also recommended night weaning, which we've been considering for awhile anyway : , although I don't totally buy the night nursing / early childhood caries connection. Anyway ... I'm feeling blah, but at least he has beautiful clean, shiny teeth now!
#27 of 122 Old 10-07-2005, 01:36 AM

can't keep up! you have been chatty lately!

re: halloween, millie is going to be a flower and jasper will be a puppy (i think this one is the one i found). of course i spent too much on them (used, at least, from once upon a child) but i think they'll be totally adorable.

re: pictures! finally posted some from millie's first few days -- please excuse the interface and mess and few shots that are not resized yet or of jasper instead. eventually i'll fix all that but dunno when. they're here. i haven't even started on the birth story yet, maybe this weekend???

clean house? um, yeah. wasn't good at it before, having a newborn certainly ain't gonna help. i mean c'mon, am i gonna spend any extra time mopping and picking up after jasper and phil, or am i gonna sit and cuddle the little girlie up to me and snooze or just gaze at her and rub her fuzzy little head? yeah. so... writing off having anything resembling a clean house till at least the holidays when vanity will force me to do something about it.

no attempts at potty anything here, that's so cool some of the toddlers are picking up on it so well!

can't wait for the u/s results either. exciting! now i have to start living vicariously through the still-preggos! i'm feeling a bit wistful wondering if this was our last or not -- trying not to think about it much and certainly make no decisions for at least a year.

mm, bec, i've been muching on the pot pie for several dinners now -- super yum. the pie has been baked but we've yet to leave room for it as dessert, silly us. maybe i'll snitch some after lunch tomorrow (i looooove apple pie). i *so* appreciate the food and help!

::: lori
#28 of 122 Old 10-07-2005, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

what a doll you have there lori.

ttfn my little one is waking
#29 of 122 Old 10-07-2005, 08:45 AM

Beautiful baby girl, Lori. Henry just asked for "more babies."