Temper Tantrums-R-Us - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 10-05-2005, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dear Lord, please help me to be a patient, loving mama! I have three beautiful girls (12, 8, and 2 1/2). Awesome little people! Here's the thing: My 2 year old, who is 'spirited' at the best of times, has slid into the world of temper tantrum throwing. I'm not talking about one or two - I mean that she is SCREAMING about EVERYTHING!!! She wants her food, she doesn't want it.. She wants her jacket, she wants it off NOW.. It's horrible.

My dh is gone away with work for a few months. This, of course, has made things worse. I understand that. I recognize that she's sad (she tells me she's sad). I shower her with love and kisses, time together, but it's just not enough. I feel so exhausted! My nerves are shot. I'm so torn. My other daughters are not getting the attention they need because I'm consumed with trying to deal with our little one.

My other daughters had temper tantrums every now and then, but this has morphed from being a behaviour to almost defining her every action! We go to play-group for a couple of hours every morning and she is the funniest, sweetest little girl. Everybody tells me that she's so "gentle" and "sweet". Well, as soon as play-group is over, I tell ya... I can not even get out the door with her. All the way home she is kicking the back of my seat, screaming like a little banchee! When we get home, she refuses to get out of the car, refuses to come in the house, refuses to take off her shoes and then screams if I don't do these things!

Help!!

Tara
: :

41 year old mama to three beautiful girls (19, 16, and 11)

Wildly, passionately, eternally in love with my dear husband.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-05-2005, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sorry I have no advice, but there's a tantrum thread in Toddler Archives you might want to check out.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page