~Happy Third Birthday!~ Nov/Dec 02 Kids - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 190 Old 11-25-2005, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good to hear from you, Jaz.

Rynna, eat some chowder for me!!! I am soooo jealous! I am a foodaholic! The size of my hips will show that!

My kids have been absolutely unruly today. I think they must be picking up my own anxiety because we have had way too much yelling, screaming, kicking, hitting, fighting, crying, etc. around here today!!! I'm loading them all in the van to go eat leftovers at Grammy's. Maybe the littles will sleep on the way there!

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#62 of 190 Old 11-28-2005, 09:39 AM

Leah I'm thinking about you and your sweet family today.

Jaz, I'm so glad to see you here. Are you and the girls still moving out to the woods?

Fern, I'm thinking about you too I have been reliving Aubrey's birth the last few days. She is five months old today!! Where in the world did the last five months go? She is crawling, she sat up yesterday and her first tooth is about to make it's debut. I'm amazed.

Casina, I've been thinking about your questions, and I really appreciate your concern. It's odd, but I find it really helpful to know that you all are thinking about me, wishing me well, even though we've never met, even though we live so far from each other. Thank you I think I will post more about my feelings/struggles on the msn group when I get a chance.

I will say that I finally got a break yesterday. Dh took both the girls outside and I curled up in bed with my The Art of Happiness book, and my journal and I emerged two hours later feeling much refreshed.

much love to you all...
#63 of 190 Old 11-28-2005, 12:19 PM

Leah

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#64 of 190 Old 11-28-2005, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Amy, the chowda was amazing. Mike tasted it and said that he thought it was "good chowder," but he couldn't really tell the difference between it and the stuff that comes out of a can. So he wasn't too offended when I told him to leave it alone. BeanBean loved it, too. It also gave me an idea-- maybe I can mail some Turkey Hill ice cream to my brother in CA; he's totally addicted to the stuff, but apparently you either can't get it out there or it's ridiculously expensive outside of PA (right now, for example, it's on sale at TH, 2 half gallons for $5; they do this every other month!). Hehe, that'd be a really cool hannukah present. I wonder how much it would cost to ship something frozen like that. I'll definately be looking into it.

BeanBean and BooBah are super cute and loveable. They're tons of fun these days. I'm really getting a kick out of them. BellyBean has been baking for 19.5 weeks; it completely blows my mind that I'm just about half-way to a new person. I had an ultrasound on the 21st and it wasn't reassuring as I wanted it to be, but I'm not seriously depressed about it... just a little bummed. I'm having another in December, and I was kind of hoping to avoid that. I'm sure I'll get over it, especially if the next one goes well and I have good things to report.

Mike is still pretty miserable at work, although one of the people who was making his life extra miserable is now on maternity leave, so he's got a little bit of a break. BeanBean is pretending that the pack & play is "a cinderella kitchen." That's what he keeps asking me to buy for him-- a play kitchen, preferably a princess one. If I had the money, I'd do it just to tick Mike's father off.

Do any of your little boys like to wear nail polish? BeanBean loves it, bright, sparkly colors on his fingers.. he just thinks that it's really cool. Well, Mike's parents are all tense and mean about it, and the last time that he had some nail polish on, SIL or MIL took nail polish remover to his little fingers! Then Mike told me that BeanBean can't wear nail polish to his parent's house. When I asked why not, he said, "He just can't, I'm trying to keep the peace. I talked to my mom about the music, and I think it's only fair that you remove the nail polish from his fingers." : As if the two things are remotely related, but even if they are... MIL told me this weekend that she felt dismayed by my objection to the music, she said she feels like they're not supposed to "share their Christianity with the kids at all," and that's not fair because it's part of their heritage. I tried to explain that I'm not talking about *heritage* I'm talking about the present and the future. I don't think that she understood. At any rate, I think that they're being ridiculous and trying to push me in a direction that I don't really want to go, and it's so not fair. Blech. Mike and I still haven't worked this out, he has no idea where I'm coming from and just doesn't get it. I don't even know what else I can say to him!

To think of comparing the situations, nail polish on a little boy and proselytizing to him! Argh, they're so different! I'm so tempted to bring this up with FIL, and try to get him to say what he's really thinking (probably something about nail polish turning little boys gay ). I really want to hear the ignorance pouring out of his mouth, instead of just suspecting strongly that it's there. I also want to hear them say that they don't understand why I'm uncomfortable with them preaching to the kids, but I should understand why they're uncomfortable seeing BeanBean wear nail polish. I really want to hear it come out of their mouths. Is that wrong of me? Am I just making trouble?

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#65 of 190 Old 11-28-2005, 03:50 PM

No nail polish here but then I hardly wear it myself.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#66 of 190 Old 11-28-2005, 08:15 PM

ngaio was born last night just before 1am..at home surrounded with love. she was 10lbs 5 oz! and it was the most quick and intense and amazing experience of my life. elwynn was there for everything and was just incredible. he is in love with her and totally into being a big brother. there is more info on the nov.DDC if you want to check it out
thanks for your thoughts these last months

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#67 of 190 Old 11-28-2005, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, Fern! Congrats! Welcome, Ngaio!

#68 of 190 Old 11-28-2005, 11:04 PM

WOW!!! Congratulations Fern!!! I am sooo happy for you, and Elwynn! You got your little girl... And 10 pounds! Sheesh! Good for you, Mama, you're amazing.

Rynna, I don't understand- I think you are saying that your in-laws want to play Christian music (Christmas carols?) while your kids are around and you disagree? And they don't think it's right for Eli to wear nail polish? Well, with the music I'd try not to make a big dramatic issue about it because it's one of those things that can dig a deep dark crevice (sp) in your relationship with them. If it's something you're comfortable with, you can start explaining the differences in religions between you and the ILs so that it's something the kids are aware of. If it's something you're totally against then by all means stick to your guns... But if it's something that you can deal with I'd let it slide, as long as you're able to share the meanings of things, and help explain things to the kids. And that's what the ILs should so about the nail polish- let it slide even if it's something that they don't personally agree with. I always put clear, green, blue, or black nail polish on Zachary because they're "boyish" colors, and I don't give a 'flying duck' what people think/say about it. He likes colorful nails- that doesn't make him gay or weird, it just makes him a kid who likes colorful nails. Anyway, those are my thoughts...

I got almost all the X-mas shopping done. We are keeping it low key for the relatives since money is tighter than usual this year. I need to put my order through at Rosie Hippo's when I get paid again, but other than that we are DONE with the kids' gifts! Zachary is getting modeling clay and a V-Smile game for his birthday on Saturday, and I will be attempting to make a cake sorta like Eli's with an airplane and a runway!

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#69 of 190 Old 12-01-2005, 07:41 PM

Oh, Fern! She's gorgeous!!! Bet you're just lovin it up right now! I can't wait to meet her......
#70 of 190 Old 12-01-2005, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberSun
Rynna, I don't understand- I think you are saying that your in-laws want to play Christian music (Christmas carols?) while your kids are around and you disagree? And they don't think it's right for Eli to wear nail polish? Well, with the music I'd try not to make a big dramatic issue about it because it's one of those things that can dig a deep dark crevice (sp) in your relationship with them. If it's something you're comfortable with, you can start explaining the differences in religions between you and the ILs so that it's something the kids are aware of. If it's something you're totally against then by all means stick to your guns... But if it's something that you can deal with I'd let it slide, as long as you're able to share the meanings of things, and help explain things to the kids. And that's what the ILs should so about the nail polish- let it slide even if it's something that they don't personally agree with. I always put clear, green, blue, or black nail polish on Zachary because they're "boyish" colors, and I don't give a 'flying duck' what people think/say about it. He likes colorful nails- that doesn't make him gay or weird, it just makes him a kid who likes colorful nails. Anyway, those are my thoughts...
If we were only talking about Christmas carols (once a year) I wouldn't make a big fuss about it. I'm talking about music that they play all year round with a deliberately Christian slant to it, despite being told by Mike quite directly and repeatedly that we disapprove. If they were saying, "This is what we believe," I wouldn't have a huge problem with that either (though it would be a bit irritating that they were talking to such young children about it...) but that's not what they're doing; they're saying "This is what IS." There's a strong implication that this is the only way to live/be, and thus that anything else (like what mamma and daddy do) is just plain wrong. :

As to the nail polish-- left to his own devices, BeanBean would probably choose purple about 85% of the time. I actually bought a new bottle of nail polish after I threw away three old ones that he'd found and opened (when I say "old" I mean "much older than BeanBean;" I actually stopped wearing nail polish very early in my pregnancy with him because I couldn't stand the smell of it) and put on all by himself. We compromised, buying blue sparkley nail polish which came in a purple bottle (he wanted purple). The last time he wore nail polish, it was true red. It's not the colors that matter to the ILs, but the fact that he was wearing nail polish at all. I just feel sad for BeanBean, because the decision was *entirely* his-- he loves the stuff, he really enjoys having pretty nails, and I can't see the big deal about it. Apparently, though, in order to get them to turn off the constant Christianity propaganda campaign, I have to try to impose *their* gender stereotypes on my son. : Like they're not making him feel guilty enough by trying to teach him that his parents will go to hell, they've got to take away one of the few and simple pleasures in his life.

#71 of 190 Old 12-02-2005, 05:23 PM

That sucks Rynna. That is a really tough issue to deal with (religion), especially when you all don't agree. But in my opinion they definitely should not be teaching your kids that you are wrong in your personaly beliefs. Don't even get me started! I haven't the emotional strength for an argument like that, and I feel really bad that you have to go through it.

Well, I have more drama I need to vent. Being that my husband is a private investigator we have security cameras all over the house. Well, DH went into the office today and used their equipment to watch the tapes of when my stupid sister was here watching Crystal... I am so pissed off at her I could literally beat the crap out of her. First of all, when she first got here, before even bringing her son or Crystal in from the car, she went into my room and ransacked it- going through my closet, drawers, cupboards, you name it. What she was looking for I haven't a clue. THEN she put Crystal to bed and left here here ALONE for 2 hours!!! She left a nine year old kid in a house in a rural area ALONE, hooked up to her ventilator (she was sleeping, but still...) If there had been a fire what would have happened? The neighbors are close, but not that close! She left from 8:30pm to 10:30pm, and came back with a friend. Then the next morning, when she sent Crystal to school dirty and sick, the tape showed that she didn't give her any meds, no SVN, didn't suction her, didn't even wipe the pee off her butt- just got her dressed and put her in her wheelchair and put her on the bus. (That was the day the school called CPS on me because they didn't think the care she was receiving from my sister was appropriate or safe.) I am just numb because I am so overwhelmed with emotions. I can't handle one more thing!!! She has screwed me over (and everyone else in the family) before, but I thought she had grown up a little after she had her baby... Obviously she has not changed at all. My parents and I are going to stage some sort of "intervention" for her because she needs to get her shit together once and for all... Calgon take me away!

#72 of 190 Old 12-02-2005, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

OMG, Leah, that's just horrible. My sister's an evil wench, too, but she'd probably behave if she thought that there were cameras around, at least.

#73 of 190 Old 12-03-2005, 10:37 AM

oh Leah, that is awful, Poor Crystal and poor you. What is going on now regarding the CPS case?

Jazz, I've been thinking about you a lot, how are you? How did the trip across country go? Are you and the girls still planning on moving?

Fern, I posted on your thread in the DDC, but I have to say here too that you have beautiful babies, I hope you are resting and enjoying your baby moon.

Heather, how are your plans to move coming along?
#74 of 190 Old 12-05-2005, 02:34 AM

Well, I got to meet WYNONNA tonight. If you like Country music, you'll know who she is. That cheered me up considerably...

Zachary turned three yesterday. & We went to a park with a choo-choo train that went all the way around a little lake with ducks, which of course the kids LOVED. Then we went to my mom's and had dinner/cake/presents with the cousins. Zachary blew out all his candles one at a time (which is amazing since all the other kids were standing so close to "help him" blow them out). I made a cake similar to BeanBean's with a runway and airplane. I have to call Cingular and complain because all of a sudden for some reason I am unable to e-mail pictures to myself from my cell phone, but as soon as I figure it out I will post a few pics of the birthday. We showed him pictures of the day he was born and we tried to explain why we were celebrating his birth day and all that. He was looking at the pics and he says "Mom, is that you?"
I say: "Yep."
Z: "You naked?"
Me: "Yes, because I had to push you out of my vagina. You were ready to come out of my tummy. And we were so happy to have you, see?"
Z: "Mom, we do that again?"
Me: (Laughing w/ DH) "No, once you come out of your Mommy you don't do it again."
Z: "I too big? I don't fit?"
Me: "Nope, and you're getting bigger and bigger every day..."

Anyway, I thought that was so cute! He is always asking me if he can go back in my tummy!

The CPS investigation is closed, as far as I know. They just had to come check things out to appease the school. My sister is still on my sh*t list and I want to kill her, but I think I'll just avoid her until time can heal me somewhat. I did write her a 4 page letter that made me feel a LOT better, after being stressed to the max for two weeks since this happened. But my mom said it was too harsh, so I may edit it. I may post a link to it so you all can give me your opinions because at this point I don't care how harsh my letter sounds- I trusted my sister with my CHILDREN and she betrayed me and that hurts profoundly deeper than words can say. And if you can't trust your own family, who can you trust???

#75 of 190 Old 12-05-2005, 09:41 AM

quick questions mamas, what are y'all doing car seat wise these days? Mariah is an inch away from outgrowing her cosco alpha omega. Dh wants to get her a booster seat and pass the omega down to Aubrey who has almost outgrown her infant car seat. Advice please!!
#76 of 190 Old 12-05-2005, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkprincessmama
quick questions mamas, what are y'all doing car seat wise these days? Mariah is an inch away from outgrowing her cosco alpha omega. Dh wants to get her a booster seat and pass the omega down to Aubrey who has almost outgrown her infant car seat. Advice please!!
Punk? I am a car seat tech I can help but I have a couple of q's. Is Mariah forward or rear in your alpha omega? Is the height for that seat given as a total body height or as something like 'when top of ears reach top of seat'?

We have a britax marathon and GA is still rear facing b/c the weight limit rear facing is 33 pounds (and I saw all of the crash test fotage showing foward vs rear facing.) She is 29 pounds and no where near the rear facing height limit which for this seat which is the tops of the ears even with the top of the seat.

If you send me the model of your current seat and mariah's height and weight I can do some research for on this seat and possible new ones. The short answer is if you move on to the next type of seat she should still be in a 5 point harness NOT a belt positioning booster that holds her in with just the seat belt.

Amy

Amy
#77 of 190 Old 12-05-2005, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

BeanBean is in an Alpha Omega Elite, rearfacing at 29 pounds, and his head is just about an inch under the top of the seat. I'm having a big crisis in my mind about when to turn him, and here is why:

Right now, BeanBean and BooBah are both rear-facing in the center row of our minivan. In the spring, we will add BellyBean to the mix. My original plan was for BellyBean's infant seat to go in the back row, because we'll be taking the whole seat out of the car to put the baby into it anyway and pulling it out of the back row wouldn't be all that difficult. BeanBean and BooBah would remain where they are until a) BeanBean was no longer under the rear-facing hieght/weight limits for his seat or b) BellyBean needed to be moved to a convertible. At that point, I would put BeanBean, forward facing, in the back row of the minivan and BellyBean next to BooBah in a convertible.

Here's the problem: BellyBean, like BooBah, may be the sort of child who prefers to see people in the car, rather than just looking out the back window at traffic. If that is the case, BellyBean will need to be moved to the center row very quickly and BeanBean, forward facing, to the back. Doesn't sound like a major issue, right? But it is... because I will be the one putting the seats in the car, and I can't do that easily in my first few days/weeks post partum. In fact, I can't do it in the third trimester of pregnancy. I'm cutting things close as it is! You'd think that Mike would be able to put the seats in, but no even after three kids, he's not confident in his ability to put the infant seat base in the van. So this is all my job, and it's one that I don't mind but I'm really not sure how to handle it.

At this point, it's looking like I'll be turning BeanBean's seat around any day now, and putting it in the back row while the infant seat base goes into his current position.

#78 of 190 Old 12-05-2005, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkprincessmama
Jazz, I've been thinking about you a lot, how are you? How did the trip across country go? Are you and the girls still planning on moving?

Yes, I moved to a one room cabin in the woods. I have to chop my own wood and make my own fire. There is minimal electricity, no hot water, but there is a bigger cabin close by where my "landlady" lives. There is hot water there, and there is a woman with a 2 year old who lives in there now. I feel like a wild woman living there. It's very refreshing, but HARD. But I feel so much closer to my babies while there. Anyways, for now (december) we are "housesitting" xpartners house : as he is housesitting someone elses place. So we'll be back in the cabin for the coldest month of the year, january (yipee! ) Oh well, winter won't last forever, thanks to global warming!

We went on the trip to Montreal, and it was ok. It would have been more of a "vacation" if we weren't staying with the inlaws ...

It's haeven's birthday, and the third anniversary of myself becoming a mother today My BABY!!!! I read this amazing poem off of a thread dedicated to Jeannine parvati Baker (who just died on thursday)
She wrote it, it's so beautiful and makes me cry....:

The Unfolding Lap

I AM MOTHER whose entitlement unlocks the doorless room
The home of a mystery that flays the soul’s skin
Carving ego and rendering the oily mind into light.

I AM MOTHER who grows dreams in my belly
From my blood drinks the Tree of Life
Rooted in heaven until the birth quake
Splits me open in revelation and relief
And I awake from the nightmare of separation.

I AM MOTHER carrier of the secret told since the beginning
Hearth of the future, unfolding lap, volcanic breast
A daughter of uncertainty, the crone’s executrix
The ultimate harvester of hope.

I AM MOTHER so hear me! Listen with labyrinthine ears
To the purpose of sound, sense the movement of your cells,
And the pulsing message from your bones that resonate with this;
Serve the Breath-Maker and be the BirthKeeper the Earth needs now.
Your mother will be so proud.
© Jeannine Parvati Baker
11 March 2005
Joseph, Utah
#79 of 190 Old 12-05-2005, 11:18 PM

Happy, happy birth day Haeven Soleil!!!

I love this time of year when we have all the birthdays... Can you imagine when they're turning like 10???

#80 of 190 Old 12-06-2005, 01:13 AM

well, i don't usually post here but my Ming is turning 3 on sunday! she's doing very well. fully toilet trained/learned for a few months now. knows the abc's and 123's. and she's just smart! but! she is not a baby anymore which she readily points out btw. i'm hoping to get her into a preschool when she turns 4, hopefully waldorf. if we get a scholarship or something. cuz i want to go back out to work. i'm preparing her already and she says she wants to go to school. so we'll see.
#81 of 190 Old 12-06-2005, 02:30 AM

jazz..i was thinking about you and haeven today happy birthday to both of you. we love you!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#82 of 190 Old 12-08-2005, 01:27 AM

fern! how wonderful! the vibe from your photos is syrupy intoxicating the way things get with a newborn where time almost stands still. (and i loved seeing how big you were yay!) it makes me nostalgic.
#83 of 190 Old 12-08-2005, 02:00 AM

so i've been sicker than i thought, since i finally gave in and am on antibiotics and suddenly seeing how murky things have been.

ekblad, i see you are now 8!

so ruby continues to astonish and befuddle me with her girlness. and bossiness. and meddling.

clay has hives it has taken me over for the past two weeks. i'm finally at a point where i will either just give up and pretend they aren't there quit being freaked about everything - illness, temperature, soaps, stress, anything we have contact with, FOOD, or just bring him in for a steroid shot and hope for the best.

and i'm moneysick, i actually talked to dh about getting a parttime job willingly and turns out he doesn't really want the big change.

leah, it is terrible what happenned with your sister and disappointing. it seems that is just what she is capable of however. i don't think she has any real perception of how she has harmed you, as relating to shame.

rynna, i guess the question is how mike feels and your relationship with him. i know me and dh have to live with each other and have to figure things out even when we differ. although i have been working much much harder on forging my marriage as a team effort and seeing the worth of being loyal when facing situations outside my immediate microcosm. it looks like he is trying to appease both women and not siding with either you or his mother, or even himself sometimes.

for my parents and inlaws, at some point in age, and i guess with reed as my first, i stopped worrying about their judgments directly expressed to my kids. because they know they are to trust themselves and that if i have allowed it than it is okay. unfortunately that also means that my kids are prone to behaving badly, though justified, in situations where they appear disrespectful. and they think both grandmothers are a bit loopy. i guess i have also taught them to just ignore the annoying parts that won't go away, and we're working on being more civilized about it.
but it all come down to - if you are funky and judgmental towards my kid, that will damage your relationship with them (so, good luck with that!). if you express a differing, respectful opinion from what they have heard and they are willing to listen, i can work with that.

extended family stuff is truly weird though. holidays are a big thing for my dh's family, and it looks like this season there is a rift that will continue over here.

i scrubbed my front porch and started putting up decorations since most of the town seems kind of lacking in it and it seems a bummer. i debate the holiday thing every year. i realized yesterday that as a homeschooler, and in these times, i could probably not follow any general traditions and my kids be fine with it ultimately. i wasn't raised with any religion and have no affiliations. my dh was raised catholic but quit that since a teenager. i have felt deprived my entire childhood lacking presents or any ritual or parties for the winter holiday. so i believe in the ritual of something. and i'm a sucker for the idea of making a tree pretty. and the lights make me feel softer.

i have been working on a photo book so i guess if i find a place to put it i'll let y'all know.
#84 of 190 Old 12-08-2005, 10:08 AM

we have all been quite sick here. yuck. The good thing though is that it has really motivated dh and I to start taking better care of ourselves and eachother.
#85 of 190 Old 12-11-2005, 06:30 AM

We're getting lost here, aaaaaaaaaaah!!!

So I thought I'd revive us.

Punk~ sucks being sick. Hope you feel better soon. Really. Here's some healing fairy dust for you

Hows everyone else, enjoying the holidays? Making/buying x-mas presents?
#86 of 190 Old 12-11-2005, 11:07 AM

Thanks for the dust Jaz

It's nice having you around more again I miss you when you are back home in the woods. I think about you and your girls a lot actually. Dh and I would love to find a place like that to raise our girls.

I need to get a booster seat for Mariah. Her head is only an inch from the top of the Alpha Omega she is in right now. I'd love some suggestions from you mamas.

Hope you are all staying warm and enjoying the season. We aren't doing gifts this year for a myriad of reasons. Well, we are giving a few home made gifts - beeswax candles and such. We aren't buying gifts though. I really want to do something for solstice, but I'm not sure what yet.
#87 of 190 Old 12-11-2005, 02:46 PM

Punk-

Regarding the booster just MAKE SURE that you get one with a five pont harness. There are some that start out as a 5 point harness then convert later to a belt positioning booster. That might be a good economincal choice for you

Amy
#88 of 190 Old 12-12-2005, 11:16 AM

hey mamas!
long time no post for me... /hide
haven't been visiting parenting boards at all for the past months, but wanted to check in here and say hi.
sounds like everyone is doing pretty good.

dd's bday is coming up and she is uber excited. she loves loves loves birthdays, and of course loves the idea of having a party for herself.

our biggest "thing" right now is weaning. i decided to day wean her, since she is still very dependent on nursing for sleeps and i didn't want to mess that up any more then it already is (she still is not the best sleeper.)
so she can nurse at night time and at night, but not during the day unless she gets a big ouchie or something.
needless to say it is not going well, and it is affecting her nighttime sleep tremendously. as in she nurses a lot at night and is sleeping less.
it is also making her less confident i think, tho i can't quite tell.
she wants munyas throughtout the day, and sometimes gets so upset.
i have given in for quickees, and she is relieved and satisfied w/ even 5 sec on both sides. i guess it is a control thing. which i totally understand.

anyway, we are having a really ruff time w/ it. i hope i can stick w/ it, cause it's driving both of us nutso. i'm not sure how long it is supposed to take b4 she stops constantly asking. or how i supposd to know if she is simply not ready to wean at this time. sigh/cry

any hints or suggestions would be welcome. :P

:P lisa
#89 of 190 Old 12-12-2005, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mona-- BeanBean is taking a temporary break from nursing right now. I've told him that my milk will come back after the baby is born, and that when it does he'll be able to nurse as much as he wants to but right now it is too painful and there's no milk anyway, so why bother? Once a week or so, he asks me if the baby is ready to come out yet and if there really isn't another way to get some more milk into my nursies (I think he wants me to pour it in?!); when I tell him no he sighs and talks about the baby and milk for a while and then drops the subject. I'm not sure if he'll actually want to nurse anymore when the milk comes back (I'm not due until mid-April) but if he does, I'll be okay with it.

My BooBah is totally weaned, and shows no interest in nursing anymore at all. I don't think it was because my supply disappeared; she's developed lactose intolerance and I think it was just her time. It's very strange to me, thinking about potentially nursing a 3.5 year old and a new baby, but not the 22 month old in between them...

#90 of 190 Old 12-12-2005, 07:26 PM

mona~ I totally know how that can be It sucks, big time. You just have to stick with it I think it's more hard on the kids when you waver from your original "stand". I weaned haeven from about 2 to 2 1/2, and it was way too long, I think. I did notice a lessening of her self-confidence but she's totally ok with it now. I definately had to listen to her crying/whining/etc. numerous times before she finally forgot about it.

I'd try to distract her, if that is possible (sure wasn't in Haeven's case), or as my mom suggested, give her an alternative, like soy/rice/goat/almond/oat/cow or whatever kind of milk you give her (in a bottle, or sippy-cup with a flexible spout) It seemed to work sometimes (the milk idea). Or else get you DP to take over when she's freaking out. I don't know how your family works, but sometimes papa can get the kid calmed down and divert their attention. Also, tell her that you love her, and give her lots of hugs, so she doen't think that mommy doesn't want her anymore (or whatever a 3 year old would think... hugs are always good)Well, that's all I got. HTH!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page