~Happy Third Birthday!~ Nov/Dec 02 Kids - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 190 Old 01-07-2006, 03:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm new here ^____^ Butttttttt my DS was born November 27th '02.. I don't know why I felt the urge to post that.. But yeah >.>
#182 of 190 Old 01-08-2006, 08:05 PM

I think I gave Razi food poisoning! We went out for burritos yesterday and I didn't put his left overs in the fridge and a few hours later (right before bed) he wanted the burrito. I let him eat some. He's been puking almost every half hour since 3 this morning. It's sooo sad to look at him. He's all pale and just laying around. He usually will still be happy and running around when sick so I know it's bad when he's like this.

Well, on a different note, I know that somewhere w/in this thread I claimed to not be ready for another babe. At the time I really felt that way. Buuuttt, I've changed my mind and so has dp!! So we are officially TTC this month! I should be getting AF any day, I'm having a hard time waiting! And I'm so excited! I started taking prenatals yesterday even. I've had 3 unplanned pregnancies and it's a really awesome, empowering feeling to actual decide!

Happy day mamas!!

GranolaBar
#183 of 190 Old 01-08-2006, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saritasmile
I think I gave Razi food poisoning! We went out for burritos yesterday and I didn't put his left overs in the fridge and a few hours later (right before bed) he wanted the burrito. I let him eat some. He's been puking almost every half hour since 3 this morning. It's sooo sad to look at him. He's all pale and just laying around. He usually will still be happy and running around when sick so I know it's bad when he's like this.
Poor Razi! Don't be so hard on yourself, mamma. I've got a kid who thinks that eating sand is the hieght of entertainment...

Quote:
Well, on a different note, I know that somewhere w/in this thread I claimed to not be ready for another babe. At the time I really felt that way. Buuuttt, I've changed my mind and so has dp!! So we are officially TTC this month! I should be getting AF any day, I'm having a hard time waiting! And I'm so excited! I started taking prenatals yesterday even. I've had 3 unplanned pregnancies and it's a really awesome, empowering feeling to actual decide!
Congrats!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#184 of 190 Old 01-10-2006, 03:20 PM

Last Friday, we went to a MDC get together at a new cafe. So far, 5 people from that were puking on Sunday. So at least I didn't do it. YUCKY!!
#185 of 190 Old 01-10-2006, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

So I was wondering... would anyone object if I started the new thread over in The Childhood Years? We've all got three year olds now...

#186 of 190 Old 01-10-2006, 03:48 PM

Rynna! I have been thinking the same thing and forgetting to post about it. I feel very ready to head over there
Of course, if everyone else is ready too.
#187 of 190 Old 01-10-2006, 05:50 PM

sarita~ congratulations! Have fun making a new baby! : <---I love using that smilie, but never get the chance.

I think it's great if you want to start a new thread where ever you want, rynna. I don't know the definition of toddler, or 3 year old, but I guess they're not really "toddling" anymore.

Granolabar~ and I'm from B.C. too!
#188 of 190 Old 01-10-2006, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

New Thread!

#189 of 190 Old 01-13-2006, 05:06 AM

yes, ruby is nov. 19
we just did clay's fifth birthday. we rearranged the house and we got him a computer. then i had more people than ever over and he got tons of loots. so we are still recovering.

the good thing about the obnoxious age is that they are still so forthright and spontaneous. one day they get bigger and quit wearing their emotions on their sleeve and it seems unnatural.
right now my particular key to life is to be able to laugh about it all.

one discipline book that helped me was becky bailey's easy to love difficult to discipline. haven't looked at it in a while though so i don't even know how i would feel about it now. basically - you must teach your child those skills and usually that means i am working on my own tantrums/reactions.

i was talking to a friend who's older boy told her, concerning her toddler, "you always take up for that rat". this reminded me how important it is for me to take up for ruby even though she is definitely screechy and overreacting for drama. and while they are little my kids actually aren't equal. and yes, it is supposedly hard for the boys, and they can act out that they feel neglected. but it would be a totally different flavor if i did not defend the littler and younger, and frightening for them as well. so i'm working on them respecting her littleness (even though she is bossy), validating their concerns, and how to speak appropriately (ongoing).

one of the biggies for me, is with limits. it has taken me years to acknowledge that in order to foster a free loving spirit, i actually have to express a brick wall limit. i always have been wary of the term, nip it in the bud, just seems wrong, but that's basically what it is for a particular tantrum hysteria. i used to ignore it and figure they would run out of steam, smothering my own anger. now after a certain point i have say Enough, that is is unhealthy to dwell in misery and continue the habit of such, and that i have to protect them with a discipline that they do not have yet. usually that means time in of holding them tight. it feels not so great at first and does take practice and will to begin with, and the situation itself in my experience is not pretty - like my kids don't usually calm down and get cuddly eventually, i just have to let them go after a spell. but in the general scheme, they have thrived happier knowing that there really is a limit, a protective barrier, that life is not a free for all. it has taken me years to bend my brain around such a concept: that you need rules for freedom. it has taken me years to accept this odd conclusion after all the nursing on demand and cosleeping and wanting them to feel they are safe to express anything, to trust that they know best instinctively. which i still believe in....these new threes are a little young to understand and cope appropriately with all of mamma's personal limitations however.

going to bed!
#190 of 190 Old 01-13-2006, 01:10 PM

casina-
just wow
i loved your post and am still processing it.....

now going to the new thread in an attempt to catch up

:P

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page