~*Nov/Dec 03 - 2nd birthdays are upon us*~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 208 Old 11-15-2005, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You look great Liz!! Actually you look smaller than I thought you would - that's a good thing, right? Have you seen the pic of me? I get people telling me I look like I'm due any day now, and I'm much smaller than I was with any of the girls. And heck, what do they expect? You've got two precious babes in there! They need some room to move around! I'm getting so excited to see pics of them Soon!!!!
#62 of 208 Old 11-15-2005, 09:08 PM

awesome pics liz.
#63 of 208 Old 11-15-2005, 10:25 PM

Liz, i thought you would be bigger, too! You're so small for having twins in there! lucky you.

ok Bec....what the heck is going on??? LOL.

DH hooked up the DSL tonight! yay!! things are opening much faster!

Nothing new is really going on around here. Sage is growing like a weed. she is eating a TON of food...lastnight, she ate *2* bun-length hotdogs, some pretzels and half a small baked potato!!! PT is going ok. she had a slight regression and refused to use the potty and was having accidents all over the house, but now she seems to be back on track. she gets so excited and proud of herself when she goes to the potty, its cute. She now has this thing where she will say, "c'mon mom...sit here." and take my hand and lead me to where she wants me to sit, lol. its very cute.

We're starting to have some issues w/ biting and hitting, but I'm trying to nip it in the bud now instead of letting it get worse.

so that's it for around here.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#64 of 208 Old 11-16-2005, 02:26 AM

liz - i agree, you look great! i never got that big, but then i'm weird that way for whatever reason. well, small babes i guess is one big reason... and no twins!

i'm amazed hearing about potty training! we have not spent so much as even 10 minutes trying yet. i really don't think jasper is ready, but maybe he'll get there a little faster if i encourage some potty time? first i have to get something for him to sit on -- i'm thinking just a flip-up seat for the regular toilet. we have a baby bjorn little potty from back when we were toying with the idea of ec, but it's lived amongst the toys for a year now so i think jasper associates it with play and it wouldn't be easy to change that.

hmm, i dunno where bec is. i haven't received an announcement or anything, and i think last time it was out within 24 hours (could be wrong though)... but i'm wondering if my dream the other night in which i was out somewhere with bec and she went into labor so i hung around for the birth means anything? probably not, but intriguing! i'll have to try to dig up her number, or maybe just email like she did me to not interrupt anything (should there be anything to interrupt).

what is everyone doing for birthday and holiday gifts? i have a few ideas for jasper but not enough to go around for all the family members that are asking for suggestions. i wish most people would just give money or gift cards, so we could buy stuff as it was needed or as we thought of it, rather than a huge deluge of stuff that he might not need, be developmentally ready for, or able to use till a later season. of course he needs a few gifts to open, but after maybe the first 5 i think it gets overwhelming!

::: lori
#65 of 208 Old 11-17-2005, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

Star - isn't K's birthday tomorrow, or did I miss it - it's this week, that much I know but I can't remember the exact date (of course if I weren't so lazy I could go back a page or two and find out.....) anyway, just wanted to say : to your little cutie pie

Lori~ Jesi got a wooden kitchen for her birthday and Christmas is all about Thomas the Tank Engine - on the plus side, Thomas has so much stuff that there's plenty of ideas to go around! Clothes of course, I'd like some wooden food for her kitchen (they break and chew up the cheap plastic stuff) Jesi LOVES the Crayola color wonder markers - as do I since they only color on that special paper - so we're going to get some of those and some paper and stuff. Magnadoodle - she has a ball with that! This does no good for Jasper, but Jesi is obsessed with her baby dolls right now..... She's not getting all this, just thought I'd toss out some ideas for things
#66 of 208 Old 11-17-2005, 11:13 PM

ooh, what about the aqua doodle. Thats pretty cool too.
I LOVE THOSE COLOR WONDER MARKERS TOO.
(oops)
Kiki's birthday is tomorrow.
Happy Birthday Big girl
#67 of 208 Old 11-17-2005, 11:35 PM

Quote:
bec
Last Activity: 11-10-2005 03:31 PM
so its been 7 days..........did you have that baby yet, Bec????

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#68 of 208 Old 11-17-2005, 11:43 PM

I was just coming here to see if Bec posted. I hope she is just having a great babymoon and nothing is wrong. I'm suck a worry wort when I'm preggo.

Happy Birthday Kiki

I have NO idea when I'm going to do for DS' birthday and Christamas. Maybe a a tricycle? He seems perfectly happy with the toys he has, and more of the same would be ridiculous at this point. How many matchbox cars and legos does a kid need? He also loves all of his stuffed animals, he feeds them and wrestles with them and he bathes them and puts them to bed .

My back is killing me- I went from happy pregnant to miserable cow pregnant in one day : .
#69 of 208 Old 11-18-2005, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Aww Liz It was inevitable I suppose - I know how miserable I'm starting to get and I've only got one bouncing babe in there (emphasis on the bouncing part) I can't imagine how miserable I'd be if there were two of them in there fighting for space! And chasing a toddler to top it off!!! That alone is enough to make a person crazy, much less doing it pregnant! Just keep chanting - 3 more months, 3 more months, 3 more months.....
#70 of 208 Old 11-18-2005, 12:45 AM

i must admit i'm being a worrywort over here about bec. sending email to her now. if nothing by end of tomorrow (or earlier if i get impatient), i think i'll have my dh call her dh (since they're the original friends and how we know each other)...

::: lori
#71 of 208 Old 11-18-2005, 02:01 PM
bec

I'm so sorry to have worried you ladies!

I've been very busy, nesting, cleaning, running after small children (not easy right now, and I'm very, very slow at it!).

No, I haven't had the baby yet. Although, I have been having a bunch of Braxton Hicks and am over 38 weeks now! So, technically, any time is a good time. I've had my home visits with my midwife, got all my gear together for it, and am contemplating acupuncture. Does anyone know of any good websites I can send DH to to assure him that acupuncture to start labor is safe and ok at this point, and not going to send me into premature labor? He's being a bit squirelly about it.

Liz, I'm so glad to hear that everything is all right with the babies! And I'm sure that Evan is fine too. It sounds like he's communicating, interacting and doing everything that he's supposed to be doing. If he still isn't saying any words in a year, then I might start to get concerned. But it sounds like he's doing just fine. Some people just like to worry!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#72 of 208 Old 11-18-2005, 09:04 PM

Alright Bec Superduper labor vibes for you : I'msure that acupuncture would be safe to induce labor at this point. Or you could, well GIO
#73 of 208 Old 11-19-2005, 12:09 AM

Happy Birthday, Kiki!

Bec ... glad to hear you're hanging in.

Liz ... You look great!!! I wouldn't worry if he's using signs and gestures (pointing, nodding, etc.) to communicate. If he's not using gestures, I might be concerned. A lot of boys I know were late talkers, and they went from a few words to full complex sentences in like a month sometime after their 2nd b-days.

My mom had her colostomy reversal surgery yesterday and is doing really well! She'll be living with us again starting next week (when she's released from the hospital), probably through Christmas. This ought to make this next ttc cycle interesting ...

Henry is starting to repeat interesting phrases from books back to me. His current favs are a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (he loves to say "you sly dog" and "Peppermint Patty, great news!"), One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish (dh reads it with various voices and inflections, which Henry has started to imitate -- it is hysterical), and Green Eggs and Ham ("Try them! Try them!"). He walks around the house talking to himself with these phrases. It is really amusing. I'm amazed at the language spurt he's had over the last few months. It is mind boggling what he picks up and labels now with just one or two stabs at us telling him what something is. He's still fascinated (ok, obsessed ) with musical instruments, so we're really encouraging that. I highly recommend this book/CD. Great pictures and snipets of music. I'm even learning some new things!

I know I've missed various personals and I'm sorry. Things have been hectic with my mom moving back in and having surgery, and work has been busy for me as well. And now I have to de-trash my house before Thanksgiving ... it never ends, I tell ya ...
#74 of 208 Old 11-19-2005, 02:20 AM

Awe, thank you all so much for Kiki's birthday wishes! Made me tear up. *sniffle* I didn't think anyone would remember.

We had a pretty busy & fun day - we had a playdate, and then did some shopping. Then came home and she helped make her birthday cake! It was hilarious. We got our first major snowfall, which Kiki was in awe with.

Her party was last Sunday, and that went well too.

Here's 2 pictures from her party:
http://flickr.com/photos/sagecrayon/64404998/
http://flickr.com/photos/sagecrayon/64404997/

Liz, you look great in those pictures! I wouldn't worry AT ALL about his not talking - Kiki is hardly talking either. I see other kids younger than her who are talking, and it upsets me, but then I remind myself that not all children are the same. I'm sure he's just taking it all in, and learning and one day BAM he will be talking in sentences and you won't know what hit you.

Bec, I'm thinking about you! I was hoping you would have the baby today on Kiki's birthday. Keep us updated!

Sherri, I'm so jealous that Jesi got a wooden kitchen! Which one is it? I've been looking at them online for the past week and droooling over them all. My mother informed me that she's taken wood working workshops, and she said that in the spring time, when it starts to get warmer, she can help me MAKE her a wooden kitchen and fridge. *crosses my fingers* Here's hoping!

Lori, I'm trying to switch all of Kiki's toys over to wooden things, so she's receiving wooden trains, wooden puzzles, wooden tool sets. She got a wooden activity cart for her birthday, which she LOVES playing with. Kiki LOVES anything with wheels, and blocks. Hmm, I'm not being much help. I know that I really want to buy that wooden food with velcro, where they can "cut" it. You should try surfing around wahm websites with lots of toys to see what you can find!

So who's birthday is next?
#75 of 208 Old 11-19-2005, 02:24 PM

Bec~I'm glad youre still out there, lol. here's for an easy labor.

I'm sorry I've been MIA...DH and I are just getting over food poisoning. Sage is at her grandparents' house while we recover. thank goodness she didnt get it too! I think it was some chicken soup i made from scratch, specifically the chicken, b/c sage didnt eat the chicken, just the broth and noodles, and she's the only one who didnt get sick.

and the worst part of it is that i think I O'd during this whole sickness and missed another opportunity to get pg.

I'm sorry for all the b-days I've missed. I'll try to stay on top of them from now on, lol.

#76 of 208 Old 11-19-2005, 02:26 PM

:

stafl~ 11/19/03 Meriel Elise
BetsyPage~ 11/20/03 Charlotte
Mom At Heart23~11/21/03 Matthew

#77 of 208 Old 11-20-2005, 11:06 AM

hey everybody!

we found out that we didnt have food poisoning, we had some bug that's going around...step-MIL got it too, just 36 hours after she and I shared an Ice cream spoon, (i got it 3 or 4 hours later). Its something that's passed from person to person through touching and bodily fluids, but they dont know what it is yet. they had to close a whole elementary school up here b/c of it. and they thought it was food poisoning too, but tested the cafeteria and it was clean, and the kids came up neg for it.

so everybody PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS! I dont want anyone to live through the hell that we've been in for the last 3 days!

stay healthy!

ps~Sage and FIL havent gotten it, but we're keeping a close eye on them!

#78 of 208 Old 11-21-2005, 01:14 AM
bec

Hey, I just thought you all might like to see this. It was a couple of weeks ago, but I know we all have a special place in our hearts for Gossamer in our little group! Gossamer's baby

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#79 of 208 Old 11-21-2005, 02:06 AM

That is so wonderful.
#80 of 208 Old 11-21-2005, 03:19 AM

I saw that and it made me cry! I'm so happy for her!
#81 of 208 Old 11-21-2005, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

I saw that thread for Gossamer a while back - before she had named the baby actually. I cried like a baby when I heard she had had him. It's so wonderful

Shannon - I recognize the shirt Kiki is wearing in that pic at the beach Looks great on her! The kitchen is from Costco, the girls just love it! I'm glad K had a great birthday - hard to believe our babies are 2 yrs old!

Bec ~ easy labor vibes for you, hopefully that babe makes an appearance soon!

Christy~ glad you are feeling better!

Jesi's mad at me, she was under my feet and when I turned around I knocked her down accidentally - she ran into the other room and I can hear her "no no mama"
#82 of 208 Old 11-21-2005, 03:00 PM

yay gossamer! that's awesome!

Today we found out that FIL, and several of FIL's employees have the "mystery flu" that we had. so DH and the only other healthy employee are at the job site taking deliveries of materials and then coming home. and the hospital is full of ppl with it, too. Its unbelievable how fast it spreads and how intense it is. I hope you all stay healthy! if you pass through michigan, wear a face mask and some rubber gloves, lol.

Thanks, I'm feeling tons better. I'm actually going to venture out into the world today and get some stuff done. I also have tons of housework i need to do, but I'm trying to take it easy, ykwim? I'm still kinda in the "yucky zone," lol.

ttfn!

#83 of 208 Old 11-21-2005, 04:45 PM

Gossemer. That is so great that she had a heathy baby boy.

Star: Kiki is adorable! I can't believe our babies are already 2. I have a couple of weeks yet to call Evan my baby.

Christy: Glad you are feeling better. : That stomach bug sounds vicious. Please don't send it down here. I have enough trouble eating these days, since there is quickly becoming no room for food. I'm worried I'm not gaining enough weight.

I can't believe I have another 3 months to go! Urrrgghh.
#84 of 208 Old 11-21-2005, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Well Liz, I'm gaining enough for both of us, so don't worry. You are probably gaining more than you realize, you just aren't storing much of it on yourself because the babes are using it all - should make it easier to get to your pre preggo weight after they are born.
#85 of 208 Old 11-21-2005, 09:36 PM

bf'ing 2 should eat up lots of calories too!!!!
#86 of 208 Old 11-22-2005, 11:21 AM

hahah Tammi is so right! You'll probably lose the weigh in half the time than BFing 1 baby. I can't remember - is Evan still BFing?

Liz, I STILL call Kiki my baby. She'll still be my baby even when she's in college. haha.

Sherri, I completely forgot to send you a picture of her wearing that shirt and one of the diapers! Ugh, I'll try to do that today. The shirt is getting a little small on her, and the head opening is hard to get on, but I refuse to pack it away. haha.

Okay ladies, I need help trying to decide on a movie for Kiki for Christmas. It's between Toy Story, A Bug's Life and Madagascar (yes I can't spell it). She LOVES Finding Nemo & The Incredibles, but I've only seen Toy Story so I don't know which of those movies would be best for her. Any thoughts?
#87 of 208 Old 11-22-2005, 11:47 AM

Angelica has loved toy story for some time now.
I've only ever seen bits and pieces of bugs life and madagascar.
I would go with toy story (#2 is coming out on dvd the day after x-mas)
#88 of 208 Old 11-22-2005, 11:49 AM

Oh, this is what angelica is going to wear on her birthday Saturday-
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...9387&members=1
#89 of 208 Old 11-22-2005, 12:39 PM

Okay, so 1 vote for Toy Story so far.

That outfit looks so damn cute! I LOVE the shoes! Omg so cute. She looks super adorable in her Christmas dress! Wow her hair is so long, too!

Liz, do you live in LA?
#90 of 208 Old 11-22-2005, 12:47 PM

:
EmilyRoseChild~11/25/03 Emma Marie
zenasia~11/25/03 Jasz Terrah
WickidaWitch~11/26/03 Angelica
Chelly2003~11/27/03 Gillian
Beanma~11/29/03 Eleanor
Raven~11/29/03 Noah
:

wow, I havent heard from most of those moms in awhile.

Star~I think I'd go with Toy story also. and I finally got to look at kiki's pics and she is a cutie!

Liz~ just think of how hot you'll look after the babies are born and you have a tiny body and huge boobs! : You'll be at the beach and your DH will be telling you to cover up so the other guys cant look at you!! Just kidding! I bet your babies will be healthier than most singles, let alone twins. and all that good mama milk after they are born will help too. so dont worry about it! I know that's hard to do, but try not to worry. :cool

tammi~that is such a cute outfit! what theme did you decide on for A's party?? I forgot already. : I think i'm going to make a cake and put some dora figures on it or something. Dora is the flavor of the week here right now, lol.

ok, i have to clean my house today. we have no dishes and the bathroom is a disaster.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page