Best toddler play kitchen? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-19-2006, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got my kids the Kidcraft one. It got really great reviews on Amazon I think, so that helped me decide - plus, for a wooden kitchen, the price was right. I can't tell you first hand how it functions yet, it's still in the box until Christmas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2006, 10:32 AM

we love our elvesand angels one.they are expensive but sturdy and cute
we got ours at playcottage . com with fee shipping,but that was two years ago so i don't know if they still do it

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
Old 11-19-2006, 01:52 PM

We got this one for our three year old at Target for $80.00. It's VERY popular with her and all of the kiddos that come to visit. They also sell super cute wooden food and condiments at Target.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
We just got a small play kitchen, made by guidecraft. I like it because its really sturdy and has all the kitchen neccesities (sp?). We got ours at a local toy shop for $160.

Stella, wild and gentle mama to Toby(12/14/04), Cedar(8/17/08), Luca (3/15/14), and one on the way!

Old 11-20-2006, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flor View Post

If I was on a smaller budget, I'd do the table top ones. We got one for a friend and it's cute.

http://www.target.com/gp/search.html...index%3Dtarget

There are two table tops there, they make a sink too.

There are several tabletop models I've seen. I think Haba makes one (available at Oompa and elsewhere online), and there's one (I think) in the Back to Basics Toys catalog. Or maybe Land of Nod. And if you like the Alex ones in the Target.com link posted above, check them out at kidsurplus for a little cheaper. The Alex "My First" has a tabletop sink and a tabletop stove in the $17 range each. Then there's the Alex Cook Top, which is slightly larger, with hooks to hang things from. They should be the first three in this link:
http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bi...k%20cook%20top

The "My First" ones both fit perfectly on a milk crate, while the cooktop is slightly deeper than a milk crate.

The tabletop ones are definitely an option. We've kept the kitchen part simple, and we've splurged with the wooden food, dishes, and cooking gear.

That other tabletop was Land of Nod. It comes with a few items (including a wooden pan), and looks pretty handsome. http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx...1&SearchPage=1

Melissa & Doug make a nice, slim tabletop model that is more flat than the others I posted. It has two depressed burners (instead of raised discs, like the others) and comes with a pot & lid and a frying pan, a steak, some broccoli and corn, a spatula and wooden spoon, and a hot mit. The pans & foods are all wooden. It's a nice set, really flat and lightweight, and the pot and pan are handsome! Here it is for $19 http://www.kidsurplus.com/lig2601.html

User Tag List