Toddler pimples? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-19-2005, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw a thread about this a while back but did not read it at the time. : My 27 month old gets occasional pimples on his chin, but recently he got 3 little white heads on his nose which are not going away. I wash his face with a washcloth and some babysoap from California Baby every night, but they are still there. How can I gently exfoliate them of his precious little nose? Any ideas would realy be appreciated!

TIA!
#2 of 6 Old 11-19-2005, 04:57 PM

: My babe has one on his cheek that isn't going away.
#3 of 6 Old 11-20-2005, 07:25 AM

I think you mean milia, and my son was born with a huge crop of them on his nose. They're basically uninfected pimples...trapped oil, sebum, etc, but not swelling up or turning black. They pretty much don't go away, in my experience. (I had one under my eyelid for about a year before I gave up and got it with a needle)

I hate to say it, but I very gently (very gently!) applied a bit of pressure next to them, and they opened up and emptied out. My husband caught me right before I got the last one, and I was reprimanded and told to leave it alone. When it was still there 11 months later and had made a noticable bump (which my dad INSISTED was a mole on babe's nose ), he finally let me get it out.

If you're super careful about not damaging the skin, they're pretty easy to remove. I laid a warm washcloth on his nose to soften the pores a bit, then tried them. If they've been there for a while, it may take several attempts to get it out bit by bit. (Sorry if this is TMI) Ryder had maybe 25 or so when he was born? So I've seem my fair share of milia...

I know conventional wisdom is to leave them alone, but this is what I did and it worked pretty well.
#4 of 6 Old 11-20-2005, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

My ds was born with a lot of milia on his chin, but they were gone after a couple months. These are new. My Mom says to use a gentle facial scrub, but I am afraid to. I will try the warm wash cloth and try to gently pop him - if he will let me!
#5 of 6 Old 11-22-2005, 06:19 AM

I'm evil, I did it while he slept.

That's also when I trim his nails.
#6 of 6 Old 11-22-2005, 11:16 AM

I'm pretty sure at the toddler stage they are pimples and not milia anymore. My 30 month old gets the occasional pimple (little red bumps). I just gently clean his face with a clean warm washcloth and they go away. I hope he gets his daddy's complexion and not mine. I'm plagued with pimples to this day and I'm 34

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page