Nov/Dec 03 It's December, More birthdays - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 119 Old 12-14-2005, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yeah, we're doing that too, except once she gets frustrated enough, she will ask for help or say, "mommy do it! Peeeeese!!??"

And we can say MINE!!! over here. yesterday, that's all I heard at the store. she'd point to something, "MINE!! I want it!!" I'd put a gift for someone in the cart, she would grab it and yell, "MINE!!" if i took it away, (which i had to do many many many times), she would pitch a fit and say, "Its MINE!! Its MINE!! i want it back NOW!!!" and she would tear through the cart to get at whatever it was. I mean everything was "MINE!!!" so that's what is driving me crazy right now.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#62 of 119 Old 12-14-2005, 03:11 PM

Oh yes, everything is "MINE" around here too - it's even more fun when you have a 2 yo AND a 4 yo doing it. I have to have 2 of everything so they don't fight - but of course they fight over them anyway so I'm not sure why I bother. All in all though I'd rather deal with the 2 yo stages than the 4 yo stages - think toddler with a preteen attitude and you've pretty much got Danielle. I really hope she gets to a more agreeable stage before the baby gets here, I'm not sure I can deal with Danielle's attitude, Jessica's possessivness and independance, AND a new baby - oh wait, I forgot about the "true" preteen - just find me a straight jacket now, save someone the trouble of looking for one later
#63 of 119 Old 12-14-2005, 03:42 PM

sherri! hey, when are you going to change your name to 4 Little Monkeys??

I have great news......but I'm afraid to jinx it, so I have to wait til everything is truly in motion!! (no, I'm not pg, but this is almost as good!)

:::ca rrot

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#64 of 119 Old 12-14-2005, 04:02 PM

We're not having so much the "I do it" or "mine" issues here as the negotiation issues. If you've ever read the book "Olivia" by Ian Falconer you will recognize this ...

Me at bedtime: "Ok Henry, pick 2 books to read."
Henry: "Pick 5 books."
Me: "How about 3 books."
Henry: "Pick 6 books."
Me: "3 books."
Henry: "10 books."

And this continues until I pull my hair out.

Then we have the yes and no arguments.

Henry: "Play computer?"
Me: "Not now. After dinner."
Henry: Play computer now."
Me: "No, not now."
Henry: "Yes computer."
Me: "Sorry sweetie, not now we have to xyz."
Henry: "Yes yes yes computer."
Me: "No."
Henry: "Yes."

This usually ends in a tantrum unless I get lucky enough and can find something else to entice him with.

Is this really what being 2 is all about?
#65 of 119 Old 12-14-2005, 06:40 PM

Amy - I can almost hear it......oh wait, I did hear it, about an hour ago And yes, this is what being 2 is all about. Just wait until he's 4
#66 of 119 Old 12-14-2005, 08:38 PM

I guess I should be thankful Evan isn't talking yet.

My computer is busted AGAIN, but this time instead of fixing it, Apple is sending me a brand new one

So I wont be around until it comes in. It is way to dangerous for me in DH's office. He has *($% everywhere on the floor and I trip everytime I come in here. :

If I don't get to talk to y'all- Have a great holiday!
#67 of 119 Old 12-14-2005, 09:01 PM

no tripping Liz! I fell flat on my face (and belly) when I was about 6 months pg with Danielle - I skinned my knees and scraped the heck out of my hand - still have scars from it. At least baby was not hurt. I'm extra super careful now though, I don't want to go through that again. Of course where we live there are no curbs at all so that deminishes my chances of tripping. That's how I fell with Dani, I tripped over the curb - damn things :
#68 of 119 Old 12-15-2005, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980
sherri! hey, when are you going to change your name to 4 Little Monkeys??
I can't - someone else has that name. She only has 54 posts since June, and over 40 of those are on "The Official Boost your post count thread" in TAO I don't believe she has spaces in hers though, maybe I can just change the 3 to a 4 and be ok that way - besides, I'm not quite 4 little monkeys just yet - give me a couple more months
#69 of 119 Old 12-15-2005, 12:57 PM
bec

Ooh, Christy, is this good news on the house shopping front?

Amy - we are going through the same thing here. Emily is fighting me an absolutely every single thing. It's making me go bonkers! One thing that I have found that does help is to simply empathize with whatever they are talking about. "I know you really want to play on the computer. I'll bet you wish we could play on the computer all the time."

We also have the "MINE!" thing going on here too. Again, it makes me totally insane, especially when the two big ones start fighting over a toy that we happen to have two of! Have I mentioned that my house is over run with toys? There is no reason (other than contrary toddlerness) for them to be fighting over toys.

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#70 of 119 Old 12-15-2005, 01:18 PM

I hear you on the toys Bec - we've got tons of them, EVERYWHERE, yet they always seem to fight over them. We've got baby dolls coming out our ears, but they have to have the same one (we have 4 that look identical but there is one that they fight over ) I see no reason for the fighting, other than to make me crazy that is
#71 of 119 Old 12-15-2005, 01:20 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention..... Last night, around 2 ish, Jessica woke up, crawled over to me, climbed up by my head, wrapped her arms around me, gave me a big kiss, rolled off to the side and went back to sleep moments like that almost make up for the craziness of the day.

And Bec, it's time to change that siggy
#72 of 119 Old 12-16-2005, 01:02 AM

a little late, but here's this week's b-days:
:
Plaid Leopard~12/14/03 Felix Leo
Christy1980~12/15/03 Sage Marie
N2TheWoods~12/15/03 Rosaline Emerald
Sizzkid~12/20/03 Esme' Jeanette
1jooj~12/20/03 Meryem
witchbaby~12/20/03 Katherine
:

Sage had a cupcake and opened 2 gifts. We're not doing anything big until Saturday. she was so cute today, tho, she kept telling everyone she was 2, and that she's a kid, not a baby, lol. my mom got her a baby doll and she hasnt stopped playing with it. she is so gentle and loving with it, its cute. I think I want to get her a baby doll sling...I know someone sells them here on MDC, but for the life of me, i cant remember who it is?? does anyone know?? (or if its someone here, pm me!)

DH is home, and since everyone in the TTC forum is telling me i havent o'd yet.....well, anyway, I have to go!

#73 of 119 Old 12-16-2005, 02:17 AM - Thread Starter

: To all our beautiful babies.
#74 of 119 Old 12-16-2005, 02:39 PM

Christy - a friend of mine made some doll slings for the girls, they are super cute. I could probably make one, but I don't know where she gets the little plastic rings (and I'm too hugly uncomfortable to try to go shopping for them) Her website is Seams Country and her name is Janet. I've been trying to get a picture of Jesi wearing her sling, but she always takes it off before I can get it - she looks so cute in it though. She holds her doll up to her shoulder, sort of bounces it up and down a little while patting it's back and saying "shh shh shh" So sweet

: Sage! I knew it was coming up soon but didn't realize it was yesterday - gee, I've been late for all of them this month!
#75 of 119 Old 12-16-2005, 10:56 PM

thanks sherri!!

#76 of 119 Old 12-18-2005, 02:00 PM

:
Sizzkid~12/20/03 Esme' Jeanette
1jooj~12/20/03 Meryem
witchbaby~12/20/03 Katherine
Acystay~12/21/03 Dyson Patrick
Mom of 3 Cute Kids~12/30/03 Branden Nikolas
daniedb~ 12/31/04 Henry
:

#77 of 119 Old 12-18-2005, 02:14 PM

DH is gone again, *hopefully* he will be back by Christmas Eve. I will have a thing or two to say to FIL if they are not back before then!

So how is everyone?? Sherri, Liz? how are the babes doing?

Sage is doing great. I have to upload some pics of her party and everything...I might get that done today!

ok, ttfn!

#78 of 119 Old 12-19-2005, 04:49 AM

I'm doing well, I've officially hit the miserable stage though - I feel stupid complaining about it because I've only got one in there - if I'm this miserable, I can only imagine how Liz is feeling! Baby has been giving me grief the last two days, he finally moved up out of my pelvis a little, which relieved the pressure on my bladder, but now I've got horrible heartburn! He's also been doing lots of gymnastics in there, constantly flipping around! Hopefully he's getting settled into a head down position.

I've had a couple of "real" contractions, well not completely real, I get the tightening and slight pain from my back all the way around to my belly, but it is just the belly, no cervical pain with it at all. I guess they are just really strong Braxton Hicks.

Miss Jessica is so terribly, stubbornly, contrarily, two! She is THE most strong willed child I've ever met! I love her to death, but she's really rubbing me the wrong way lately. I'm having a hard time keeping my cool when I ask her to do something and she looks at me and says "NO", crosses her arms in front of her chest and stares at me with this "I dare you to do something" look on her face. I know she's picked that up from Danielle who turns every little thing into a big power struggle, but I just don't feel like putting up with it or "dealing" until the stage passes.

I'm getting the crud kicked out of me again so I guess that means I should get up from this chair - demanding little guy, and he's not even out yet!!!
#79 of 119 Old 12-19-2005, 02:21 PM

How the heck did you ladies make it through tandem nursing and pregnancy? Holy poopies this is hard! I was fine until yesterday and MS (thankfully no vomiting yet, just constant 24 hour motion sickness made worse by nursing) kicked in. This is made worse by the fact that Henry has the croup again. And the pain! OMG the pain! I did not feel all that bad with Henry. Maybe it's the combination of bfing and pg hormones?

Ok, so I'm a whiny mess today. I feel so awful. DH doesn't want to tell family that we're pregnant until sometime in January, and I don't know how I'm going to get through 5 days of visiting them without someone figuring it out -- especially since my MIL's cooking is nausea inducing when not pg and I won't be drinking coffee or wine. Dh is insane to think we can pull this off. I don't know how my mother (who is living here right now), hasn't figured it out yet (or if she has, she's doing a darn good job of hiding it!).

Sorry to whine. Sherri, I feel your pain about having a contrary kid! H is not so much contrary as just a constant, abundant, and overwhelming source of energy that never shuts up. He even talks at length in his sleep. There's days I wish he had a mute button : .
#80 of 119 Old 12-19-2005, 02:38 PM

I've been searching for a mute button since dd1 started talking 10 yrs ago!!! And all three of mine not only talk in their sleep, but they snore as well - there's NEVER a moments peace around here!

I had an aweful time bfing, especially in the beginning. Thankfully she was down to mainly just nursing at night and naptime during the first trimester, but I had to wean her by the second because it hurt like heck!!! I couldn't take it! We had a couple of rough nights, but she finally gave up.

As for morning sickness - my doc actually told me to take Unisom, it's safe for baby and helps with the nausea - of course it also makes you tired but maybe you can sleep through the 5 days of visiting - I know I'd love to do that, especially if it were dh's family coming to visit LOL
#81 of 119 Old 12-19-2005, 08:25 PM

Amy, maybe you could say you're on anti-biotics or something, so you cant drink alcohol or caffeine???? its a long-shot, but it might work, lol.

I finally turned the all-purpose room into Sage's big-girl room for her b-day. She loves it! and all the toys are finally out of the living room, AND she is in a regular bed instead of a baby bed/toddler bed. she was so excited when I unveiled the room to her!! she ran around looking at everything and was jumping up and down, lol.

#82 of 119 Old 12-20-2005, 10:01 PM

sorry to be absent for so long, i guess i've been hanging around my ddc more, anxiously awaiting the newbie!
today is k's 2nd birthday! she's doing great, tall and skinny just like her daddy, talking up a storm and looking forward to being a big sister (no, really!). she had her birthday party on saturday and got lots of fun gifts, her favorite being a percusion kit from her ooma (my mother), with maracas, a tamborine, clackers, cymbals and a triangle. she's a one-woman band!
happy birthday to all the other babes!!
::::: :::
#83 of 119 Old 12-20-2005, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Happy Birthday Katie.
#84 of 119 Old 12-21-2005, 12:18 AM

:

#85 of 119 Old 12-22-2005, 01:53 AM

so where is everyone??? How is everyone doing??

#86 of 119 Old 12-22-2005, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

i'm right here.
This week has been long for me so far with the 2 kids and being home alone all day and night every night. Paul has been working late. Didnt get home till 10:30 last night.
Angelica has been acting like the poster girl for terrible 2's and they are not acting that well when i've tried to take them in stores.

Jelly has been bugging me lately with breastfeeding. She is forever trying to lift my whole shirt when she bf's and I have never allowed that but man she just keeps on trying. And she is forever kicking my arm down because I guess she doesnt like where I leave it. Not to mention if she doesnt want me looking at her she'll push my face with her hand. I will ask her over and over to stop and tell her exactly how i fell but she doesnt so I'll put her down after a few (at least) times of telling her. Some day I guess she might realize the street goes both ways and when she wants to bf badly enough she'll stop when asked. *sigh*

My brother saw us bf'ing at his house last week and when I talked to him the other day he asked if she would be 12 b4 she stopped. He was nice about it at least. He suggested she would be hopiing off the school bus yelling to me for booby time.
Like I said at least *he* was polite when he spoke. My other family members just say how they feel in the tone they feel like using.......

Sherri is away this week. She left at 2am (on wednesday) for arizona. I guess she forgot to post here?? She said she would check in at least once while she was away.

Off to bed now. Nighty night
#87 of 119 Old 12-23-2005, 03:52 PM

Yes, I did forget to post and let you all know I was going to be gone. I'm in AZ visiting my mom. It was 83 degrees here yesterday!!! We're having a good time, not too yet (emphasis on yet however) Mom has dial up so I probably won't be online until after I get home (Dec.29) I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas - don't miss me too much
#88 of 119 Old 12-24-2005, 02:55 PM
bec

We've just been busy getting ready for Christmas here, ourselves. We're heading out to my folks house this evening. Christmas Eve is the big deal in my family, so we're opening most of the presents tonight. We'll save some from DH and I to the girls for tomorrow (that way we don't have to schlepp them back and forth).

I hope everyone has a very merry and safe holidays!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#89 of 119 Old 12-26-2005, 02:37 PM

Sherri, be careful travelling!

Bec,

Tammi,

DH left for his far-away job again today, so we wont see him for another week. But we had a great holiday and it was fun. Sage really enjoyed it.

#90 of 119 Old 12-27-2005, 03:08 AM

*subscribing* because I can't ever remember that this thread exists

Hoping to get caught up. Does that ever happen?

mom of 3 , homeschooling the oldest with google and the internet

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page