Nov/Dec 03 It's December, More birthdays - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 119 Old 12-27-2005, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#92 of 119 Old 12-27-2005, 02:17 PM

i'm finally back! not that i went anywhere, just was busy the past week or two crazybusy with work (i think my total shipping count from december 1st through 23rd was something like 150-200 packages sent out) and then christmas prep (read: cleaning house and decluttering).

sunday went off without a hitch -- unless jasper snagging some chocolate is a hitch (and judging by his dipes so far today and his poor raw butt, i guess it is... so much for growing out of his milk sensitivity any time soon...). we had i think about 25 people here on sunday for christmas day. friday night we had 3 overnight guests, saturday night it was up to 9, and then sunday night it was 6. i'm *so* glad that part is over, because we gave jasper's room to one of phil's sisters (with a 7 year old and a 1 year old), and had jasper sleep with us. or sleep and then wake up, scream and whine for 15 minutes before dh could get him back down or i'd give in and nurse him like he wanted, that is. that part was pretty awful. next time we have that many guests, jasper stays in his own room and we'll give up our bedroom if need be.

so mr. man has a ton of new toys (some of which have yet to be opened and i'm in no rush to do so... spreading out the mess and fun is fine by me!). his favorites look to be the lego table from my cousins complete with several lego sets (a hand-me-down gift but everything is still in great shape), and a "bop bag" or what i'd call a punching bag (the blow-up kind with a weighted base). little girl got a few cute outfits and several little sensory widgets, but of course none of it means much to her yet. still hasn't quite gotten the hang of directing those arms reliably.

how was everyone else's weekend or holiday? i hope all travels were safe and all toddlers happy! now it's time for me to try to get something healthy into myself and the boy (i.e. a real meal, not just snacks followed by leftover desserts).

::: lori
#93 of 119 Old 12-28-2005, 05:11 PM

Hey Lori! glad you had a great holiday.

Sage and I are flying to atlanta and then driving to columbus, ga. next week. my grandpa took a turn for the worse and they dont expect him to last another 2 weeks. so we're really going to say goodbye to him. My mom is taking it really hard, she's a total "daddy's girl" and isnt really facing the reality of the situation...I mean, she is very matter-of-fact about it when she talks about it, but then she'll say "but he'll be ok..." my grandma is taking it really hard, too. She's really upset by the fact that she wont be able to bring him home again, (he's in a nursing home now, and she's still recovering from her open-heart surgery last month). She would be able to bring him home if someone was there full time to help her, (like incase grandpa fell, or needed help getting around, she still cant do that b/c of her surgery), and hospice will come out to care for him periodically. I think Grandpa would rather pass away at home than in a nursing home, so I'm giong to talk to everyone and see if maybe they can let him come home while I'm there. that way I can help make it easier for him and grandma.

We'll be gone from the 3rd thru the 19th. I'm terrified of the idea of flying, and I'm not sure how sage will do, so I'm just hoping for the best. Sage will have her own seat, and I'm tkaing the car seat for her to use in-flight.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#94 of 119 Old 12-28-2005, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

good luck christy.
I'm sure sage will do fine on the plane.
#95 of 119 Old 12-29-2005, 08:06 PM

I'm back from my trip - glad to be home but not looking forward to the unpacking (although the kids had the toys unpacked in record time ) I've sort of spent today in a vegetative state but I need to pull myself out of it, I need to get up and get something cooking for dinner!

Christy - so sorry about your grandpa, I hope you have an easy flight - maybe you'll get lucky and Sage will sleep.

Liz - how are you holding up? Everything still going well with you and the twins? Only 8 more weeks - are you scheduling a c-sec or are you going to wait until you go into labor? I can't remember - big shocker there, I'm lucky I remember my own name lately
#96 of 119 Old 12-29-2005, 09:24 PM

I'm back! Finally- my new computer came in and it is awesome. I'm still trying to transfer everything over, but at least I can get my email now without risking my life

Christy I'm so sorry your Grandpa isn't doing well. Be safe and take care on the trip.

Sorry I can't reply to everyone else- I would be here all day I really missed y'all the last couple of weeks.

Christmas went well- DS got way too many presents but nothing awful. Lorri- he got one of those Bop Bags too and he loves it. He tackles it and falls on it like he is on MXC or playing in the Peach bowl or something. He is also loving the sit and spin that my SIL got him. The music is driving me batty though. We got him a tricycle- Red Radio Flyer- and his legs are a little too short, but he knows how to petal and it won't be long before we can go outside and he can ride.

Meanwhile on the preggo front- I had a doc appt yesterday and I'm measuring at 46w : and I am 31w. From the back you can't tell I'm pregnant, but from the side, it looks like I'm going to fall over. Now that my 'puter is here I can take some pictures, or get DH to take some. The boy is over 4lbs and little girl is 3 1/2lbs. Both have lots of fluid so I put the 'Big" in BIG MAMA. I have one pair of pants that aren't pjs that still fit. And I don't think they will last another week. Cervix is hard, long, closed and posterior, so no worries there. And BP is still good. I'm miserable though. I can't breathe, my groin muscles hurt every time I move, and I can only get comfortable in the bed at night. During the u/s, the tech showed me how the little boy's head was pushing my liver. My uterus is almost to my bra line. Running after Evan is getting harder and harder. I don't know how you do it, Sherri, running after 3! How are you doing? Ready yet?

did witchbaby have her baby yet? If she did I missed it.

Glad to be back, y'all :
#97 of 119 Old 12-29-2005, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

cant wait to see pics liz.

I dont remember reading anyhting about witchbaby(in this thread) having a baby.
#98 of 119 Old 12-29-2005, 10:00 PM

Aww Liz - Everytime I start complaining about how miserable I'm getting, I try to think about you and it makes all my complaints seem pitiful in comparison. I'm doing well, completely uncomfortable no matter how I sit/lay down/move, etc. I'm more than ready for baby to be here. Really it isn't taht difficult chasing after 3, Mikayla is old enough to take care of herself, and she's a big help, she can take care of the little ones too :0)

Have to get back to the stove.
#99 of 119 Old 12-30-2005, 12:48 AM

Christy ... and good luck on your trip.

Liz ... 46 weeks! Wow. My ex-co-worker's wife had triplets and she measured at 41 weeks at 20 weeks. Somehow she made it to a scheduled c/s at 36 weeks with 16 weeks of total bedrest. I remember her saying that she ate a lot of hearty pureed soups (butternut squash, carrot, etc.) b/c there just wasn't room for solid food. Oh, and I must be feeling sympathy for you because I keep having b/g twin dreams. At least that's what I keep telling myself ...

Christmas had it's drama (see my blog if you want that poop) but otherwise went really well. Henry is enjoying his new toys and I need to do a major toy sweep and downsize his collection. In big boy news, he didn't nurse at all last night -- from 10pm - 8:30am -- although he did wake up. But he informed me at 5am that "Henrys like hugs and kisses and snuggles." (He refers to himself in the third person, often times plural. It is very cute. ) I haven't been actively trying to nightwean him, but I think my supply has tanked and he's realized it isn't worth all the effort. But it makes me so sad. He's growing up. I was convinced that he'd nurse through the pregnancy and beyond, but now I think he might actually wean before #2 arrives. Very bittersweet.
#100 of 119 Old 12-30-2005, 11:58 PM

hi everyone. I'm glad all you pg mammas are doing ok. I'm sorry you guys are uncomfortable...especially you, Liz!

DH is back, and we leave tuesday. things are not going well and grandpa will probably be gone by the time we get there. I cant refund or trade in the tickets to go any sooner. he told my mom and grandma he's ready to go home, (to heaven). He was fighting it up until today. Mom said the nurses give him 2 days.

and DH is being a butt about it now. I have to either catch a ride w/ a realative or take a shuttle bus from atlanta to columbus, and DH doesnt want us to take a bus b/c "there's degenerates on busses." and i'm thinking, "yeah, well there's terrorists on airplanes!!" I dont really want my family to come get me if grandpa is still here and in bad shape, they should be with him incase he passes away. So mom and I are deciding what to do exactly tomorrow. shes going to call extended family and see if anyone can come get me. wish me luck.

#101 of 119 Old 12-31-2005, 12:09 AM

Christy I'm sorry about your grandpa, I hope you are able to see him before he passes. Good luck, hopefully someone steps up and can get you there in time
#102 of 119 Old 12-31-2005, 10:56 AM

i hope someone works something out so you get there in time, christy. so sorry about your grandpa.

::: lori
#103 of 119 Old 12-31-2005, 12:33 PM

Christy I hope everything works out and you can see him before he passes.
#104 of 119 Old 12-31-2005, 12:42 PM

((hug)) Christy. Thoughts to you and your family.

mom of 3 , homeschooling the oldest with google and the internet
#105 of 119 Old 12-31-2005, 04:19 PM

thanks guys. it means alot. My Mom is supposed to see if she can get one of my step-uncles to come get me. DH finally said it I have to, we can take the shuttle. He's just always had weirdos sit next to him on busses, and he's afraid we'll get robbed or killed on a bus. but I'm still hoping someone we know can come get us.

Sage is excited about flying. she just says out of the blue, "goin ona air pane! goin ona air pane!" I told her we were going to go see grandma (my mom) and she says, "go see gamma in Forda?" and i say, "no, we're going to see grandma in georgia." she looks at me like i'm nuts and says, "no georgia! see gamma in Forda!! Ona air pane!" I keep trying to explain that her grandma lives in Florida but we are going to see her in georgia...she doesnt believe me, lol.

and DH was taking some wires and lights out of a box, and sage looked at him and said, "Daddy? Building a robot?" too funny.

#106 of 119 Old 12-31-2005, 06:41 PM
bec

Christy - I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope you get there in time.

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#107 of 119 Old 01-01-2006, 02:26 AM

Happy New year!

DD is running around the house like a maniac, lol. she napped from 5-7:30pm, so we;ll be up late, lol.

thank you all for being so nice. We have alot to do the next 2 days, so I'm not sure if I can get online to check in here, but i will try!

#108 of 119 Old 01-01-2006, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter

Happy New Year!!

My kids are still up too. Plus 1. My sister is here with her bf and 6yo dd
#109 of 119 Old 01-01-2006, 03:06 AM

yay, she just crashed, lol!

#110 of 119 Old 01-01-2006, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980
yay, she just crashed, lol!

jelly was still up at 1:30 but is sleeping now.
#111 of 119 Old 01-01-2006, 01:12 PM

Happy New Year y'all!!! :

DH and I are such losers- we were in bed at 12:01- to sleep! I almost didn't make it. DS isn't feeling well again. FIL is going to look in his ears today to see if the ear infection is coming back. :

Y'all going to eat cabbage and black-eyed peas today? I sure am1 YUM. MIL makes the best cabbage rolls I have ever tasted. I can't wait until 4pm or thereabouts when we get to eat them. :
#112 of 119 Old 01-01-2006, 01:47 PM

i have to sneak away to the donut shop...eating "circular foods" like donuts is supposed to be lucky in the new year, b/c it represents coming "full circle."

actually, i just want some donuts, lol!

and pork is supposed to be lucky for fertility...so I have to eat some ham today!

#113 of 119 Old 01-01-2006, 05:25 PM

Happy New Year's!

Liz ... sounds yummy, even to my questionable tummy. I'm guessing that that's a LA or Southern thing though, as we don't do too many black-eyed peas around here. Actually, we don't have much of a holiday tradition for New Year's except for when we occasionally get together with Greek friends and have their special New Year's bread/cake. We are having Cajun meatloaf for dinner tonight (if I can stomach cooking it).

Christy ... Donuts, no thank you. MS has curbed my sweet tooth. How's your grandpa doing?

I'm craving salty things and protein, but could do without meat (except for bacon ). So I've been eating a lot of eggs and cheese. I've discovered that protein early in the day makes the ms a little better all day, as does eating something every 2 hours or so. I'm going to be about 400 lbs. by the time I give birth at the rate I'm going ...
#114 of 119 Old 01-02-2006, 02:00 AM

Amy, try eating some peanut butter toast or PB crackers or cheese and crackers before you go to bed at night. the protein might help your ms the next morning. My grandpa is getting worse. My mom, aunt and uncle all told him all the things they needed to tell him today. He keeps saying he's ready to go, and keeps asking why its taking so long. Today was bad, he kept taking long pauses between breaths, then gasping when he needed air. He can barely talk above a whisper. I think he may pass tomorrow. Im so sad and I wish i had booked my flight for earlier. He is a great man. I'm going to write down everything I think I should tell him so that he can take it with him in his casket. I'm going to print his favorite picture of sage and me and put that with him, too.

#115 of 119 Old 01-02-2006, 09:09 PM

Amy - m/s totally sucks! I was so sick the first few months. Christy's suggestion of peanut butter or cheese at night before bed actually does work - worked pretty well for me anyway. I still had the m/s in the morning, but not as bad. I had to eat every couple of hours too - which is why my doc had a fit about how much weight I was gaining - but once the m/s subsided, I didn't eat near as much. Once I hit the third trimester, I stopped gaining weight at all - I've been forcing myself to eat, I'm just not hungry lately. Hang in there mama, it will pass quickly

Christy- I'm so sorry. I think writing the letter is a great idea, I wish I had thought to do something like that after my grandpa passed. He passed so quickly though that I didn't have a chance to prepare at all. You're in my thoughts hon
#116 of 119 Old 01-02-2006, 10:01 PM

thanks sherri. I'm full of so many emotions right now, its starting to feel like my head may explode or something. I'm greiving over the loss of my grandpa, (although I as far as i know, he is still alive today. i havent gotten "that call."), I'm nervous about flying b/c I've never flown before, I'm scared I'm going to get lost at the airport in Atlanta, I'm excited to see my family and friends, and I'm sad b/c I'm going to miss my DH. I'm so conflicted.

I should be in Columbus around 4pm tomorrow. : I just hope it all goes smoothly.

#117 of 119 Old 01-03-2006, 01:41 AM

Christy. Flying is sort of like riding the bus these days. You will be okay! I wish I could be there to hold your hand, but alas no flying for me these days. I hope you make it in time to see your grandpa.

Amy: I had terrible ms- all day ms and nothing really worked except to choke down protein when I could and drink ginger ale( not that Shweps crap but the all natural Jamacian ginger ale stuff ;-) ) and not move too quickly. It seemed if I moved my head too quickly, I wanted to vomit. Hopefully you won't be sick much longer. Then off to more fun things like back pain and reflux

Sherri- how are you holding up? I feel and look like I'm about to pop any minute. I get new stretch marks every day, above my belly button too. They hurt and itch like crazy. i'm getting DH to take some pictures tomorrow because I can't fit myself in the full length mirror anymore without getting too far back to see anything I have soooo much to do- I still haven't gotten all the newborn diapers out of storage yet. Nor have I washed any of the new ones I have gotten. And the house is a disaster- and our stupid hot water heater has been broken for 5 days and I'm going INSANE.

Tami :
#118 of 119 Old 01-03-2006, 05:03 PM

I'm holding up well Liz - I saw my OB today and he says I'm measuring 36 weeks. He now says I will be 33 weeks on Thursday, he keeps jumping around and I"m getting to the point that I don't know how many weeks I'm supposed to be, I thought I hit 32 weeks today - but if he wants to put me at 33, I'm alright with that, as long as we're not going backward I talked to him about the pressure on my hips and groin area and he says that my uterus is like a balloon that has been blown up too many times so it isn't as strong as it used to be and isn't holding things (meaning the baby) in place like it should so baby is able to move around more and put pressure in places where he shouldn't be getting to. Well gee, nothing like making a woman feel good about what's going on - that almost sounded like his way of saying I shouldn't have another baby, I get enough of that crap from my parents and in laws :

I still haven't washed the diapers or clothes that I have for the baby, I will do that in the next couple of weeks. Dh still needs to put the cradle together but I have to pack up all my sewing stuff before he can do that so I guess I know what I'll be working on for the next week or so. My house is a disaster and unless someone is going to come in and clean it for me - it's going to stay that way. My water heater works - but dh broke a part on the washing machine : At least I can still use it, he rigged it up so it will work at least but they won't be here to fix the part until Friday.

Oh, at the OB visit today I had Mikayla take a video when we listened to the heartbeat. I don't have an audio of any of the girls' heartbeats so I was excited to be able to get this one. You have to try and do that Liz - take the video camera with you to your next visit. The video itself is pretty dull, it's just a shot of my belly, but the sound is precious!

Anyone come up with a cure for screaming yet? Jessica is about to send me to the loony bin She has such a high pitched squeal that sometimes the baby jumps when she does it - and it KILLS the eardrums! Goodness, if 2 is this bad, I'm REALLY afraid of what 3 is going to be like with her. Danielle was a monster at 3 - I'm already scared!
#119 of 119 Old 01-03-2006, 05:17 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page